or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Sarah Palin and the Tea Bag Party

Sarah Palin and the Tea Bag Party - Page 5

post #161 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Look, you have attributed a 0% probability to something with 100% confidence and dismissed anyone who has suggested anything that disagrees with your assessment as ignorant. That seems a bit smug to me. So you have lived in Hong Kong for 15 years, this also doesn't seem to stop you from commenting with equal confidence and assurance about the goings on in the U.S. One could level a similar claim against you.

Oh, really? I lived in the US for 25 years. I have family who live there now. I vote in every election.

I've also been to the UN in Geneva and contributed to the process that ensures that human rights are respected worldwide (maybe not perfectly respected yet, but definitely more than without the UN, and improving yearly).

Quote:
Furthermore, you previously accused me of using a misleading non sequitar[sic], ironically you appear to be doing the that very thing by suggesting that since you have lived in a place for a long period of time, it follows that you know more than those who don't about the motives of the ruling government and what its future actions may or may not be. This might be true and it might not. Sometimes those from outside have the ability to see things more clearly (as people who live outside of the U.S. seem to feel when they comment on and offer their analysis of things like the health care debate in the U.S.)

Actually, not only have I lived in both places (and six months in Europe as well), I've been involved in the process. I was interviewed on KNBC during the Hong Kong handover in 1997. I've corresponded with the press on human rights issues from Geneva. My experience is simply not the same as someone who buys into conjecture, or someone, like most conservative Americans, who has never stepped outside of US soil short of a quick holiday to some tourist destination.

Wait a minute... Sarah Palin has been to Germany, Kuwait and Ireland! Oh, and Canada!
post #162 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Oh, really? I lived in the US for 25 years. I have family who live there now. I vote in every election.

I've also been to the UN in Geneva and contributed to the process that ensures that human rights are respected worldwide (maybe not perfectly respected yet, but definitely more than without the UN, and improving yearly).

Actually, not only have I lived in both places (and six months in Europe as well), I've been involved in the process. I was interviewed on KNBC during the Hong Kong handover in 1997. I've corresponded with the press on human rights issues from Geneva. My experience is simply not the same as someone who buys into conjecture, or someone, like most conservative Americans, who has never stepped outside of US soil short of a quick holiday to some tourist destination.

Wait a minute... Sarah Palin has been to Germany, Kuwait and Ireland! Oh, and Canada!

In my own defense here, you're changing the story a bit. It isn't just that you have lived in HK but also that you have additional experiences and involvement that inform your opinion.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Sarah Palin and the Tea Bag Party