or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Windows 7 Can't connect to Macbook Pro Airport Network

Windows 7 Can't connect to Macbook Pro Airport Network

post #1 of 3
In my dorms at school for some reason the network doesn't allow Mac-Windows computer seeing each other. So I decided because my computer connects to the network via ethernet to switch my airport card to make its own network. For some reason the windows 7 machine can see the network, it just can't connect to it. I've tried having no password, a password, for some reason the windows side can't connect to the network I've created.

Anyone know what gives?
post #2 of 3
I think you may be looking for the internet sharing option rather than create network.

If you go to system prefs > sharing, there is a checkbox for sharing your internet.
post #3 of 3
I don't want to share internet with him. The problem is his and many other vista/win7 computers can't connect to the network I've created using the airport extreme card in the macbook pro. They can see the network, but when trying to connect it constantly fails to connect.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Windows 7 Can't connect to Macbook Pro Airport Network