or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Consumers lose interest in iPad after Apple's unveiling - survey

Consumers lose interest in iPad after Apple's unveiling - survey - Page 11

post #401 of 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

WInMo has more marketshare than i would have thought. Perhaps it's not too late for MS to regain some ground.
After using Chrome for the last few days Safari is slow. The app itself, mind you, not the browser engine.

I ended up going back to Safari today because I miss the visual history and hated the very limited history Chrome shows from the Menu Bar. If not for that I would have likely kept it as my default browser despite the other niggling issues.

I hope Apple makes Safari just as fast. I also hope they allow for separate tabs as a process and give an option for tabs on top.

PS: At TenoBell. I just saw the announcement for RiM to go with WebKit. I didn't think they'd get one up so quickly, though I don't see a demo and there is no date expect for "2010". http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/...blackberry.ars

That's for MS's share in the US. Worldwide it's under 9%, possibly lower by more than a bit.

I don't know about that speed. In tests, Safari is still one of the fastest. Chrome on my machine doesn't seem to have much of a difference.
post #402 of 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

WInMo has more marketshare than i would have thought. Perhaps it's not too late for MS to regain some ground.

Your chart is a little misleading. It's an indication of the US smart phone user base, not market share of sales (directly).

As iPhone's sales market share has increased it's share of the user base will increase, but lag behind a little. I think iPhone's US market share in the US is around 30%.

However, the opposite is true for WinMo. I suspect it's US share to be under 15%. As Mel pointed out, WinMo's global share is less than 9%.

Windows Phone 7 (great name!) is a bold move from Microsoft, but you only have to look at that graph to see they had to do something! BTW the red line is going to fall even faster in the next 6 to 9 months.

Question. How many WinPho 7 licenses do you need to sell before you have a viable business?
post #403 of 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

Your chart is a little misleading. It's an indication of the US smart phone user base, not market share of sales (directly).

How is it misleading? It says platform share right in the image and the hyperlink says in installed base in the article.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Consumers lose interest in iPad after Apple's unveiling - survey