or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why are liberals so condescending?

Why are liberals so condescending? - Page 4

post #121 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

How many times did we hear that phrase, "He's got 'em"?

Where are they?

In Iran....

When they are not found after thousands of Iranians are dead then we can argue about Ahemedinejad's non-complinace while we work out which ragheads are hiding them next...
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #122 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

In Iran....

When they are not found after thousands of Iranians are dead then we can argue about Ahemedinejad's non-complinace while we work out which ragheads are hiding them next...

Yeah, because that is every conservative's position here. You should have posted this is the liberals are condescending thread.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #123 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yeah, because that is every conservative's position here. You should have posted this is the liberals are condescending thread.

Actually I think it probably is... it's just for some reason they aren't free to say it. Maybe don't want to get banned or probably having enough trouble defending their less offensive positions and thus too busy to attempt it.

I tried in the 'condescension' thread but but they said "you may haver cornered the market in condescension but we have abuse - both physical and verbal'...so I left quickly...
post #124 of 334
Quote:

Actually I think it probably is... it's just for some reason they aren't free to say it. Maybe don't want to get banned or probably having enough trouble defending their less offensive positions and thus too busy to attempt it.

I tried in the 'condescension' thread but but they said "you may haver cornered the market in condescension but we have abuse - both physical and verbal'...so I left quickly...

You would be wrong.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #125 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

You would be wrong.

Yeah..I recall someone saying something similar to me before Iraq too....

Good to know there's no problems there and not any dead people, torturing or bad stuff....

Or wait...maybe it was the liberruls that did all that......
post #126 of 334
Quote:

Yeah..I recall someone saying something similar to me before Iraq too....

Good to know there's no problems there and not any dead people, torturing or bad stuff....

Or wait...maybe it was the liberruls that did all that......

Perspective sir. Stop changing the subject.

The assertion you responded to was:

Yeah, because that is every conservative's position here.

And your response was:

Actually I think it probably is...

To which I replied, you are wrong.

What started that line of reasoning? Your assertion that the WMD will be thought to be:

Quote:
In Iran....

I happen to be among the conservatives here, and I do not feel that way. So your assertion is wrong. If you wish to clarify what the word every and the word here means that is fine perhaps your assertion can be argued, but in its current form, it is indeed wrong.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #127 of 334
Quote:

Perspective sir. Stop changing the subject.

The assertion you responded to was:

Yeah, because that is every conservative's position here.

And your response was:

Actually I think it probably is...

To which I replied, you are wrong.

What started that line of reasoning? Your assertion that the WMD will be thought to be:

I happen to be among the conservatives here, and I do not feel that way. So your assertion is wrong. If you wish to clarify what the word every and the word here means that is fine perhaps your assertion can be argued, but in its current form, it is indeed wrong.

Let's test it then:

Are you prepared to say the war in Iraq is/was wrong - that you oppose it and that you do not wish to see any similar violence extended to Iran.

Or are you going to just equivocate and play with words and possible scenarios?
post #128 of 334
Quote:

Let's test it then:

Are you prepared to say the war in Iraq is/was wrong - that you oppose it and that you do not wish to see any similar violence extended to Iran.

Or are you going to just equivocate and play with words and possible scenarios?

I am prepared to say that a decision to go to war with any nation should stand on it's own merits.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #129 of 334
Quote:

I am prepared to say that a decision to go to war with any nation should stand on it's own merits.

So that's a no then...

Cool..I have a 100% hit rate so far.

Who's next?
post #130 of 334
Quote:

So that's a no then...

Cool..I have a 100% hit rate so far.

Who's next?

The war with Iraq has nothing to do with Iran. Nor should it. Your equivocation of the 2 notwithstanding.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #131 of 334
Quote:

The war with Iraq has nothing to do with Iran. Nor should it. Your equivocation of the 2 notwithstanding.

Is there any depth of human depravity you WOULD actually condemn? Other than people pointing out Xian hypocrisy and right-wing depredations?

I sometimes wonder...
post #132 of 334
Quote:

Btw - I want to address this in depth as it is -when analysed with a rational eye - absolutely chilling.

First point:this is people's lives we're talking about. Real people - Muslims admittedly, but real, breathing people with lives and hopes.

And there they go - poof! Up in smoke...nothing to do with Iraq....

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't...but as they are being shovelled into mass graves I guess the political climate will dictate which it will be - 'something' or 'nothing to do with Iraq.

Won't stop the slaughter and you don't even attempt to say it will. Far less say it shouldn't...bone-chilling...

From the Sermon on the Mount to wholesale murder for profit and 'faith'....all with justifications and 'righteousness' and 'faith'....Coservatives are probably the greatest ideologically-driven killing machine the world has ever seen.

God I wish I could be an atheist....
post #133 of 334
Quote:

The war with Iraq has removed the person who kept Iran in check, Saddam. Therefore it has strengthened Iran tremendously.
The US has enabled Iran to spend their money on Nukes instead of Saddam's threats.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #134 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

The war with Iraq has removed the person who kept Iran in check, Saddam. Therefore it has strengthened Iran tremendously.
The US has enabled Iran to spend their money on Nukes instead of Saddam's threats.

This is true - but it was intentional and merely a subset of the larger plan.

The same people who got a hard-on about invading Iraq are still there driving on towards Iran.

They do not need to be there in person - though many are - they merely need to have successfully implanted the idea of the need to deal with Iran and to demonize Muslims.

Both have been done and are in place.

Just need an excuse to kick it off. They'll do the same sanctions routine as worked in Iraq and if people start lusting too much for more mayhem maybe not even letting it run the course (2 years?).

I'd say 12 - 18 months and we'll be in full kill-ragheads-for-Jesus mode with live showings of the carnage to go with the pizza take-out.
post #135 of 334
Quote:

Is there any depth of human depravity you WOULD actually condemn? Other than people pointing out Xian hypocrisy and right-wing depredations?

I sometimes wonder...

Yes. There are many.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #136 of 334
Quote:

This is true - but it was intentional and merely a subset of the larger plan.

The same people who got a hard-on about invading Iraq are still there driving on towards Iran.

They do not need to be there in person - though many are - they merely need to have successfully implanted the idea of the need to deal with Iran and to demonize Muslims.

Both have been done and are in place.

Just need an excuse to kick it off. They'll do the same sanctions routine as worked in Iraq and if people start lusting too much for more mayhem maybe not even letting it run the course (2 years?).

I'd say 12 - 18 months and we'll be in full kill-ragheads-for-Jesus mode with live showings of the carnage to go with the pizza take-out.

Sarah Palin came out and suggested a war with Iran would improve the presidents standing. To make such statements is a crime against mankind and by definition terrorism. Unfortunately we have no mechanism to prosecute people who commit these crimes. My hope is that religious extremists like Palin, will one day be held to the same standards as Al Qaeda who makes similar statements in order to incite violence directed at people who are not fundamentalists.

What these people want to destroy is mankind's ability to unite, Tower of Babel style. We have already lost so many talented individuals in these senseless wars. Intellectuals whose contributions to the world are forever lost. Instead of supporting their efforts to spread reason and knowledge we make sure to spread intolerance and religious insanity by demonstrating ignorance of everything that is not "American" or Xian or different from what we consider "moral". In a recent interview Bin Ladens' son stated that his father was elated when Bush became president. He knew he could exploit the guy and with a little shove Bush and his party would take care of his dream to destroy America.

God is an atheist. Be more like god.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #137 of 334
Quote:

Yes. There are many.

I guess those would be the fun human things for the rest of us yeah ?

post #138 of 334
Quote:

I guess those would be the fun human things for the rest of us yeah ?

Only if you are a seriously twisted individual.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #139 of 334
Quote:

Only if you are a seriously twisted individual.

I do like to think that Conservatives or Fundies would think that of me... makes me feel more normal..haha

post #140 of 334
Quote:

I do like to think that Conservatives or Fundies would think that of me... makes me feel more normal..haha

Funny, but in this case I would like to believe that you would not want this label.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #141 of 334
Quote:

Btw - I want to address this in depth as it is -when analysed with a rational eye - absolutely chilling.

First point:this is people's lives we're talking about. Real people - Muslims admittedly, but real, breathing people with lives and hopes.

And there they go - poof! Up in smoke...nothing to do with Iraq....

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't...but as they are being shovelled into mass graves I guess the political climate will dictate which it will be - 'something' or 'nothing to do with Iraq.

Won't stop the slaughter and you don't even attempt to say it will. Far less say it shouldn't...bone-chilling...

From the Sermon on the Mount to wholesale murder for profit and 'faith'....all with justifications and 'righteousness' and 'faith'....Coservatives are probably the greatest ideologically-driven killing machine the world has ever seen.

God I wish I could be an atheist....

Dude...WTF are you blathering about? Has there been an invasion of Iran that I don't know about ? Perhaps a battle plan you've seen? Hell...a simple STATEMENT that we might invade soon...or at all?

Quote:

Iran and Iraq were not in serious conflict since the first Gulf War. Even if your theory about that was true, you can't show Iran wouldn't have pursued its nuclear ambitions with Saddam intact. One could argue they would have even more reason to do so had he remained.

Quote:

Sarah Palin came out and suggested a war with Iran would improve the presidents standing.

Wouldn't it? She wasn't advocating it.

Quote:
To make such statements is a crime against mankind and by definition terrorism. Unfortunately we have no mechanism to prosecute people who commit these crimes.

Dude...it's like you and sego have gone literally insane. "Terrorism?"...for suggesting that war or other national security events could improve his standing? Wouldn't it do so? And how the hell is it a crime? Even if she advocated bombing Iran, it STILL wouldn't be a "crime." It's called freedom of speech.

Quote:

My hope is that religious extremists like Palin, will one day be held to the same standards as Al Qaeda who makes similar statements in order to incite violence directed at people who are not fundamentalists.

Wait......now she's a religious extremist? How the hell did she "incite violence?"

Quote:

What these people want to destroy is mankind's ability to unite, Tower of Babel style. We have already lost so many talented individuals in these senseless wars. Intellectuals whose contributions to the world are forever lost. Instead of supporting their efforts to spread reason and knowledge we make sure to spread intolerance and religious insanity by demonstrating ignorance of everything that is not "American" or Xian or different from what we consider "moral". In a recent interview Bin Ladens' son stated that his father was elated when Bush became president. He knew he could exploit the guy and with a little shove Bush and his party would take care of his dream to destroy America.

God is an atheist. Be more like god.

OK. Don't panic. I want you to aim this syringe directly at your chest. Thrust it in violently and squeeze in the adrenaline. That should help you survive whatever it is you overdosed on.
post #142 of 334
Quote:

No, compliance would be giving full and unfettered access to inspectors while providing full documentation of what was destroyed/disposed. Saddam did not fully comply as he was required to do. This is unquestionable.

Your second point is that the war wasn't worth fighting over non-compliance. That's an entirely different line of argument.

Yes but if we went to this much trouble over noncompliance and he didn't have anything that makes the whole invasion pretty stupid.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #143 of 334
Quote:

Wait......now she's a religious extremist? How the hell did she "incite violence?"

She had an exorcism performed on herself.
Video

Calling for war on a nation could be regarded as inciting violence, or at least suggest that violence will have a positive affect on the image of a sitting American president.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #144 of 334
Quote:

She had an exorcism performed on herself.
Video

Calling for war on a nation could be regarded as inciting violence, or at least suggest that violence will have a positive affect on the image of a sitting American president.

Look...we've told you before Muzzlims and ragheads DON'T COUNT

It can't be inciting to threaten them, can't be crimes to massacre them and can't be illegal to do anything to them at all....

It's not like they're Christian, Western or White or anything...jeez..they're probably commies and fags for all we know..

Boy..you need to get your attitude straightened out...I'm starting to think you might be a libburul symppafizer...

post #145 of 334
Quote:

Look...we've told you before Muzzlims and ragheads DON'T COUNT

It can't be inciting to threaten them, can't be crimes to massacre them and can't be illegal to do anything to them at all....

It's not like they're Christian, Western or White or anything...jeez..they're probably commies and fags for all we know..

Boy..you need to get your attitude straightened out...I'm starting to think you might be a libburul symppafizer...

Sadly some people here who we all know will agree. Free anal explorers for all!
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #146 of 334
Quote:

Sadly some people here who we all know will agree. Free anal explorers for all!

Yeah..they certainly do seem to have something stuck up their butts.

What I don't understand is this: say it was true what they say about Islam (it isn't but they don't know whether it is or not as they just regurgitate the party-line Stepford style) and that it is a blood-thirsty religion of hate that wants to kill us all...

Well....ok, so the terrorists are acting in accordance with their beliefs. Fair enough.

But their beliefs are ALLEGEDLY 'turn the other cheek', 'love your neighbour' and 'spread peace and love'...

But not only do they do the OPPOSITE of this - then they actually justify it!!!!! It's like they're proud of defacing jesus teaching, basically blaspheming and not following their religion all the while while they do...

Or maybe it is not that involved and they are just not capable of understanding anything....
post #147 of 334
Quote:

What I don't understand is this: say it was true what they say about Islam (it isn't but they don't know whether it is or not as they just regurgitate the party-line Stepford style) and that it is a blood-thirsty religion of hate that wants to kill us all...

Well....ok, so the terrorists are acting in accordance with their beliefs. Fair enough.

But their beliefs are ALLEGEDLY 'turn the other cheek', 'love your neighbour' and 'spread peace and love'...

But not only do they do the OPPOSITE of this - then they actually justify it!!!!! It's like they're proud of defacing jesus teaching, basically blaspheming and not following their religion all the while while they do...

Or maybe it is not that involved and they are just not capable of understanding anything....

religion is an illness for some, for others a means to justify everything, unfortunately for most it is a tool to exercise power over weaker minds. If you believe the pastor in this video has the power to defeat Sarah's enemies because he is connected to the supreme being you should not be allowed to partake in politics, drive, or be unsupervised outside your cell.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #148 of 334
Quote:

Enjoying your caricatures much? \

Your leaps of logic are amazing!

Back to the point that you guys are so wrapped up in...

Quote:

Where did she do this? She spoke about a possible ploy that the president could use to increase his popularity and I am fairly certain she was not advocating anything. I am also fairly certain that she is not looking for ways to make Obama more popular and increase his popularity. But I may be wrong.

So, provide the quote where she does so and I will get up in arms.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #149 of 334
Quote:

religion is an illness for some, for others a means to justify everything, unfortunately for most it is a tool to exercise power over weaker minds. If you believe the pastor in this video has the power to defeat Sarah's enemies because he is connected to the supreme being you should not be allowed to partake in politics, drive, or be unsupervised outside your cell.

I notice in this post there are absolutely no positives. The bias you hold is quite clear.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #150 of 334
Quote:

A classic text-book example of what I'm talking about.

if I was a Xian with the generally accepted attitude then I would be very, very worried about what might happen in the hereafter....

Err...wait...no I wouldn't...I'd be 100% utterly convinced I was right, unwilling and unable to countenance any view other than my own and if God wants to tell me any different in the afterlife I'll scream at him that he is demon-possessed and tell him what the Bible and his son REALLY said...

Quote:
Where did she do this? She spoke about a possible ploy that the president could use to increase his popularity and I am fairly certain she was not advocating anything. I am also fairly certain that she is not looking for ways to make Obama more popular and increase his popularity. But I may be wrong.

Right - but the Iranian President quotes a 30-year old speech by someone-elsethat refers to the effects of time - idiots who don't speak any other language and barely manage English 'translate' and lo; he's advocating mass genocide, oh my God, kill, kill!!!!

But her...no...no ...no sir...she wouldn't do that...no sirreee... she COULDN'T do - she's one of us goddam it!!!

Quote:

Right...ok.... like that happens all the time...you need to take it easy all this moral outrage

The only arms you'll be using will be the ones to type the justification of whatever she said regardless of what it is...
post #151 of 334
Quote:

I notice in this post there are absolutely no positives. The bias you hold is quite clear.

It's actually one of the most balanced definitions and assessments of religion I have ever heard on here - in fact it is possibly even the MOST positive I've seen.

It cuts to the truth between the rabid atheist position and the lunatic fundie hate-fest.

I can't think of a more UN-biased post on this issue.
post #152 of 334
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D9Lo...layer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G8Rr...layer_embedded
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #153 of 334
Quote:

You notice well.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #154 of 334
To answer the question this thread poses:
How else can one talk to the blessed ones?
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #155 of 334
Quote:

It's actually one of the most balanced definitions and assessments of religion I have ever heard on here - in fact it is possibly even the MOST positive I've seen.

It cuts to the truth between the rabid atheist position and the lunatic fundie hate-fest.

I can't think of a more UN-biased post on this issue.

Umm, you are obviously not reading the same post as Wormhole, the writer of the post has stated:

Quote:

You notice well.

He did not intend it to be positive. So where you get positive out of that, I am not sure.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #156 of 334
Quote:

A classic text-book example of what I'm talking about.

if I was a Xian with the generally accepted attitude then I would be very, very worried about what might happen in the hereafter....

Err...wait...no I wouldn't...I'd be 100% utterly convinced I was right, unwilling and unable to countenance any view other than my own and if God wants to tell me any different in the afterlife I'll scream at him that he is demon-possessed and tell him what the Bible and his son REALLY said...

Right - but the Iranian President quotes a 30-year old speech by someone-elsethat refers to the effects of time - idiots who don't speak any other language and barely manage English 'translate' and lo; he's advocating mass genocide, oh my God, kill, kill!!!!

But her...no...no ...no sir...she wouldn't do that...no sirreee... she COULDN'T do - she's one of us goddam it!!!

Right...ok.... like that happens all the time...you need to take it easy all this moral outrage

The only arms you'll be using will be the ones to type the justification of whatever she said regardless of what it is...

Ok, take a deep breath, calm down. Inhale Exhale Inhale Exhale... Better?

I am not sure we are even talking about the same thing at this point. Care to start over?

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/02/07/palin-war-ira/

Here is the direct quote:

Quote:
WALLACE: How hard do you think President Obama would be to defeat in 2012?

PALIN: It depends on a few things, say he played I got this from Buchanan say he played the war card. Say he decided to declare war on Iran or decide to really come out and do whatever he could to support Israelwhich I would like him to do. That changes the dynamics of what we can assume will happen between now and three years. Because I think if the election were today, Obama would not be elected.

WALLACE: Youre not suggesting that Obama would cynically play the war card?

PALIN: Im not suggesting that, Im saying if he did, things would dramatically change if he decided to toughen up and do all that he can to secure our nation and secure our allies. I think people would shift their thinking a bit.

Sounds like she is making a statement, not advocating anything directly. What do you see her saying? (after watching the video this "transcript" is incomplete.)

Actually, you could make a case that she did say to go to war by the bolded part above, however I don't think so.

There are 2 separate thoughts here:

[Say he decided to declare war on Iran], [or decide to really come out and do whatever he could to support Israelwhich I would like him to do.]

Tempest in a teapot from what I can see. Guessing on ways he could improve his chances for reelection. Hardly hate-mongering. But enjoy your lather.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #157 of 334
Notice a trend....

Biden: Estimates are exaggerated.

Biden: Cheney misleading

Turns out that everyone, everywhere that disagrees with the Obama administration is just a big ol'liar with their pants on fire.

No wonder Bayh doesn't want to run again.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #158 of 334
Quote:

Ok, take a deep breath, calm down. Inhale Exhale Inhale Exhale... Better?

I am not sure we are even talking about the same thing at this point. Care to start over?

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/02/07/palin-war-ira/

Here is the direct quote:

Sounds like she is making a statement, not advocating anything directly. What do you see her saying? (after watching the video this "transcript" is incomplete.)

Actually, you could make a case that she did say to go to war by the bolded part above, however I don't think so.

There are 2 separate thoughts here:

[Say he decided to declare war on Iran], [or decide to really come out and do whatever he could to support Israel–which I would like him to do.]

Tempest in a teapot from what I can see. Guessing on ways he could improve his chances for reelection. Hardly hate-mongering. But enjoy your lather.

Quote:
WALLACE: How hard do you think President Obama would be to defeat in 2012?

PALIN: It depends on a few things, say he played — I got this from Buchanan — say he played the war card. Say he decided to declare war on Iran or decide to really come out and do whatever he could to support Israel–which I would like him to do. That changes the dynamics of what we can assume will happen between now and three years. Because I think if the election were today, Obama would not be elected.

WALLACE: You’re not suggesting that Obama would cynically play the war card?

PALIN: I’m not suggesting that, I’m saying if he did [go to war with Iran (added because this is a direct response to the question if Obama would play the war card)], things would dramatically change if he decided to toughen up and do all that he can to secure our nation and secure our allies. I think people would shift their thinking a bit.

She clearly says in that response to Wallace's second question that attacking Iran would be part of securing our nation and our allies. So, either you believe Sarah Palin has no interest in securing our nation and our allies or she wants to go to war with Iran. Which is it?

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #159 of 334
News flash Sarah Palin suggests that doing what is right and good for America and her allies might be more popular than doing what is wrong.

Now that we are done with all this can we move on to the next Palin bashfest whereby Palin cynically suggests that Obama might improve his popularity by playing the jobs and economy cards.:no:

post #160 of 334
Only if you consider war with Iran good and right for America and her allies. Interesting.

I also find referring to America as female interesting. It allows the right wing to rape America without appearing gay.

-Sagan

-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why are liberals so condescending?