or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why are liberals so condescending?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why are liberals so condescending? - Page 8

post #281 of 334
Admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #282 of 334
I think the best way to handle this is just make everyone aware that this Mumbo Jumbo guy has the same IP address as Hassan i Sabbah, who was banned.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

This is true. SDW is completely wrong about almost everything but he argues from facts, he doesn't play fucking annoying wordgames, he's not provocative for the sake of it and the bargain is he'll be persuaded if you will. Which is why it's kind of enjoyable to argue with him.
--Johnny
Reply
--Johnny
Reply
post #283 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

This is a racist cartoon. You should be careful. Racist jokes can get you banned on other forums, trumptman. Like applenova, for example.

http://forums.applenova.com/showthre...833#post648833

They ban people and delete their racist posts there.

Aanyway.

This is racist because race isn't a choice - like political ideology, for example. This cartoon is a disgraceful excuse to take digs at black people, dressed up as a whining call for 'balance' and redress.

What are you talking about?!? Anyone claiming racist on that pic has a broken racist meter or an agenda. It clearly says the stereotyping of the first is wrong, and then asks if the second is right. Just making a comparison or contrast is racist?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #284 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

What are you talking about?!? Anyone claiming racist on that pic has a broken racist meter or an agenda. It clearly says the stereotyping of the first is wrong, and then asks if the second is right. Just making a comparison or contrast is racist?

In this case certainly...it is not comparing like with like and to do that needs a subconscious (?) racist bias.

It seems pretty clear so there's no point explaining it...if people don't get it then maybe it hits a little too close.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #285 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post

I think the best way to handle this is just make everyone aware that this Mumbo Jumbo guy has the same IP address as Hassan i Sabbah, who was banned.



Irony always delivers!
post #286 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post

I think the best way to handle this is just make everyone aware that this Mumbo Jumbo guy has the same IP address as Hassan i Sabbah, who was banned.

Fuck knows how that's possible. I'm in a different country.

Tum te tum.
post #287 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post

I think the best way to handle this is just make everyone aware that this Mumbo Jumbo guy has the same IP address as Hassan i Sabbah, who was banned.

That would explain why I have him on ignore. I can only take so much nonsense.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #288 of 334
I'm waiting for lundy to go out the conservatives, lest he should show bias of his own.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #289 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I'm waiting for lundy to go out the conservatives, lest he should show bias of his own.

Out the conservatives who have been banned and have come back under a different name?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #290 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

In this case certainly...it is not comparing like with like and to do that needs a subconscious (?) racist bias.

It seems pretty clear so there's no point explaining it...if people don't get it then maybe it hits a little too close.

Yes because when making accusations about people being racist, no one should ever have to prove their point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I'm waiting for lundy to go out the conservatives, lest he should show bias of his own.

There is this thing called a PM. I'd use it if I were you.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #291 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Out the conservatives who have been banned and have come back under a different name?

Indeed.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #292 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

There is this thing called a PM. I'd use it if I were you.

Irony?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #293 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yes because when making accusations about people being racist, no one should ever have to prove their point.

Oh my... the irony.

Trumptman: "Obama's popularity in Alabama in no form changes the racist nature of Tonton's actions."

For saying - GASP - that Obama is very unpopular among white people in Alabama, so much so that for a white person to be a staunch Obama supporter, other white people in Alabama might find that "off-putting". Oh, the RACISM!

Trumptman is a hilarious caricature (how's that for condescension?)
post #294 of 334
Maybe we're just so damn condescending because we're simply smarter than you are.
post #295 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Maybe we're just so damn condescending because we're simply smarter than you are.

Or perhaps they are so dumb they don't know what the word condescension means?

What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #296 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Out the conservatives who have been banned and have come back under a different name?

After coming back multiple times, our old friend NaplesX seems to have finally given up.

But ScottPhD is here.
post #297 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

After coming back multiple times, our old friend NaplesX seems to have finally given up.

But ScottPhD is here.

ScottPhD AKA?
post #298 of 334
Krugman points out a couple explanations as to why fact-challenged wingnuts find liberals to be "condescending":

Quote:
Jonathan Chait and Robert Waldmann, in slightly different ways, highlight a crucial dynamic in American political debate: the extent to which public figures are punished for actually knowing what they’re talking about.

It goes like this: Person A says “Black is white” — perhaps out of ignorance, although more often out of a deliberate effort to obfuscate. Person B says, “No, black isn’t white — here are the facts.”

And Person B is considered to have lost the exchange — you see, he came across as arrogant and condescending.

I had, I have to admit, hoped that the nation’s experience with George W. Bush — who got within hanging-chad distance of the White House precisely because Al Gore was punished for actually knowing stuff — would have cured our discourse of this malady. But no. Why not?

Chait professes himself puzzled by the right’s intellectual insecurity. Me, not so much. Here’s how I see it: in our current political culture, the background noise is overwhelmingly one of conservative platitudes. People who have strong feelings about politics but are intellectually incurious tend to pick up those platitudes, and repeat them in the belief that this makes them sound smart. (Ezra Klein once described Dick Armey thus: “He’s like a stupid person’s idea of what a thoughtful person sounds like.”)
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #299 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Krugman points out a couple explanations as to why fact-challenged wingnuts find liberals to be "condescending":

Having facts used in any rebuttal would be refreshing. I've noticed that assertions are offered instead of facts for most instances where folks are being condescending.

Then the assertion is defended as a fact, usually using the logical fallacy "appeal to popularity/emotion".

The quoted portion of your post is a great example of that.
post #300 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Maybe we're just so damn condescending because we're simply smarter than you are.

I'd love to see that when it comes out. I suspect it will be quite embarassing because I'm pretty sure they are using proxies for IQ. Everytime I've read an article of that nature they have be it income, grades, something. It probably has something to do with not having the time and money to give thousands of IQ tests for these surveys.

It's also wrong on half a dozen different levels on other points with regard to assumptions but that is for another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Oh my... the irony.

Trumptman: "Obama's popularity in Alabama in no form changes the racist nature of Tonton's actions."

For saying - GASP - that Obama is very unpopular among white people in Alabama, so much so that for a white person to be a staunch Obama supporter, other white people in Alabama might find that "off-putting". Oh, the RACISM!

Trumptman is a hilarious caricature (how's that for condescension?)

Consider the attack reported and as for the other point, simply ask yourself if it would be racist for anyone to stereotype what all the black people would do in Alabama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Or perhaps they are so dumb they don't know what the word condescension means?


I was going to explain it to you after you kept asking me why I care about the rain so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Krugman points out a couple explanations as to why fact-challenged wingnuts find liberals to be "condescending":

I was going to hit this but Taskiss did such a good job on it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Having facts used in any rebuttal would be refreshing. I've noticed that assertions are offered instead of facts for most instances where folks are being condescending.

Then the assertion is defended as a fact, usually using the logical fallacy "appeal to popularity/emotion".

The quoted portion of your post is a great example of that.

Indeed it is and that is really the point isn't it. Krugman's 'facts' are a nice little story he is repeating to himself right there along with 'everyone knows.'

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #301 of 334
Two posts which only go to further prove Krugman's point - EXCELLENT WORK!
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #302 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Consider the attack reported and as for the other point, simply ask yourself if it would be racist for anyone to stereotype what all the black people would do in Alabama.

If someone were to say that it would be highly unusual for a black person in Illinois to be highly pro-McCain, and that if one were, then he/she would be greeted with disdain from the average black person in Illinois, would that be racist? Or would it be true?

How about if I just stick to the facts, sans conclusions:

Only 10% of white voters in Alabama voted for Obama.

Would that be racist?
post #303 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Having facts used in any rebuttal would be refreshing. I've noticed that assertions are offered instead of facts for most instances where folks are being condescending.

Then the assertion is defended as a fact, usually using the logical fallacy "appeal to popularity/emotion".

The quoted portion of your post is a great example of that.

See any discussion that uses the terms 'wipe off the map' for facts provided by Farsi-speakers which are denied and shot-down by those who refuse to accept them.

Of course they CLAIM facts are merely opinions - as you have just done - whenever they encounter them but that is just to make the denials seem logical and not the insane perspective they are.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #304 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

If someone were to say that it would be highly unusual for a black person in Illinois to be highly pro-McCain, and that if one were, then he/she would be greeted with disdain from the average black person in Illinois, would that be racist? Or would it be true?

How about if I just stick to the facts, sans conclusions:

Only 10% of white voters in Alabama voted for Obama.

Would that be racist?

It would hurt Trumpet's argument therefore it would be? That's how these things are determined, right?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #305 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

It would hurt Trumpet's argument therefore it would be? That's how these things are determined, right?

I'm surprised you admit it.
post #306 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

I'm surprised you admit it.

Surprised that I admit the right wing determination for racism on these boards has to do with how much the point hurts his argument?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #307 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

If someone were to say that it would be highly unusual for a black person in Illinois to be highly pro-McCain, and that if one were, then he/she would be greeted with disdain from the average black person in Illinois, would that be racist? Or would it be true?

How about if I just stick to the facts, sans conclusions:

Only 10% of white voters in Alabama voted for Obama.

Would that be racist?

Let's not deal with the 'if someone' where you move the goalposts and throw in several quantifiers that attempt to stop stereotyping. That wasn't what YOU said. What you said was very clear, very wrong, and very racist. It isn't even the only example because you went on several times commenting in a very racist manner with regard to people of middle eastern ancestry in this thread as well. Acting like a racist to set up a strawman to react against doesn't make you look better. It doesn't help any discussions nor is it good reasonig. It is just angry, wrong and hateful.

As for your last bit, voting for or against someone is not a racist act.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #308 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Surprised that I admit the right wing determination for racism on these boards has to do with how much the point hurts his argument?

Actually, "admit" is a synonym of "confess", and what you've just written is an admission that you erect strawmen, since you can't confess for another.

Unless you're really "right wing" and then you've admitted that you prevaricate.
post #309 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Actually, "admit" is a synonym of "confess", and what you've just written is an admission that you erect strawmen, since you can't confess for another.

Unless you're really "right wing" and then you've admitted that you prevaricate.

Couldn't have anything to do with a long track record of Trumpet declaring some things racist and other very similar things not racist, and the consistent differing factor appears to be how much it helps or hinders his argument. Nah, couldn't be that.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #310 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Couldn't have anything to do with a long track record of Trumpet declaring some things racist and other very similar things not racist, and the consistent differing factor appears to be how much it helps or hinders his argument. Nah, couldn't be that.

Thanks for the made up track record.

Things are racist when they involve racism. When they don't, they don't. Folks don't like when you disqualify their intent game from playing. It makes things inconvenient for them politically. You end up with weird twisted reasoning and all it really reveals at the end is how the race card is played for political gain. When a Republican Senate Majority leader for example makes an old man feel good by noting he would have done a great job as president, that is racist, even with no mention of race. However if someone remarks directly on race, for example noting their skin color and how they speak as Reid did with Obama, well that isn't racist.

Of course the latter isn't racist, but the former wasn't either. They may have been a bit insensitive but given the fact that in both instances weren't public, but merely private, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Only it is in one instance, but of course not in the other.

Just like how Rush noting people don't want to watch Hillary grow old is sexist, but Olbermann calling Michelle Malkin a bag of meat isn't sexist.

BTW thanks for hitting one of the condescending points again. The actions of the left are ALWAYS justifed by the actions, real or imagined, or the right.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #311 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Let's not deal with the 'if someone' where you move the goalposts and throw in several quantifiers that attempt to stop stereotyping. That wasn't what YOU said. What you said was very clear, very wrong, and very racist. It isn't even the only example because you went on several times commenting in a very racist manner with regard to people of middle eastern ancestry in this thread as well. Acting like a racist to set up a strawman to react against doesn't make you look better. It doesn't help any discussions nor is it good reasonig. It is just angry, wrong and hateful.

As for your last bit, voting for or against someone is not a racist act.

One thing I can praise you for is consistency, I guess.

When there's a point to be missed, you never fail to do so.
post #312 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

One thing I can praise you for is consistency, I guess.

When there's a point to be missed, you never fail to do so.

I am consistent that is true. For example I'll quote you rather than make up a strawman quote involving ragheads, and brown people. I'll discuss your real words instead of hypotheticals.

I understand that those on the left prefer the realm of intent, spin and hypotheticals, but some of us have to live in reality.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #313 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I am consistent that is true. For example I'll quote you rather than make up a strawman quote involving ragheads, and brown people. I'll discuss your real words instead of hypotheticals.

I understand that those on the left prefer the realm of intent, spin and hypotheticals, but some of us have to live in reality.

Quote:
I'll discuss your real words instead of hypotheticals.

Because you can't imagine.

That's not a good thing.

Without imagination there is no progress. You have to imagine a thing before you can invent a thing and then it becomes reality. If you aren't open to new possibilities there can be no change ( of any sort ). That pretty much describes the GOP now days.

Dreamers ( like Steve Jobs ) make the world trumpy. Realists only move in it.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #314 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I am consistent that is true. For example I'll quote you rather than make up a strawman quote involving ragheads, and brown people. I'll discuss your real words instead of hypotheticals.

I understand that those on the left prefer the realm of intent, spin and hypotheticals, but some of us have to live in reality.

Racist! You said raghead! Racist!
post #315 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Because you can't imagine.

That's not a good thing.

Without imagination there is no progress. You have to imagine a thing before you can invent a thing and then it becomes reality. If you aren't open to new possibilities there can be no change ( of any sort ). That pretty much describes the GOP now days.

Dreamers ( like Steve Jobs ) make the world trumpy. Realists only move in it.

Most Blatant Non-Sequitur. Ever.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #316 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Most Blatant Non-Sequitur. Ever.

Alfred Korzybski formed an educational discipline of General Semantics ( "the map is not the territory" ) in which he found that the human brain can be viewed as consisting of two disparate parts; the "Thinker" and the "Prover.

A general maxim derived from this: "What the thinker thinks, the Prover proves".

Hence, for example:

Quote:
'If the Thinker thinks the sun moves around the earth, the prover will obligingly organize all perceptions to fit that thought; if the Thinker changes its mind and decides the earth moves around the sun, the Prover will reorganize the evidence.

If the thinker thinks 'holy water' from Lourdes will cure its lumbago, the Prover will skillfully orchestrate all signals from the glands, muscles, organs etc. until they have organized themselves into good health again.

The 'Thinker' may be equated to the sub-conscious mind - particularly in the case of wingers as thinking is not really their thing - and the Prover the conscious mind which acts on evidence often not knowing what the basis for their actions is.

Of course there are degrees of consciousness of this process...a left-wing intellectual such as Korzybski or others who built on the framework such as Wilson et al, will be very aware of the possibilities and sources of this functionality... their subconscious may be a small percentage relatively of their consciousness.

A right-winger oth, may be genuinely unaware they are manipulating the evidence and facts and may be totally at the mercy of their subconscious...they may not have to think at all and when they do their 'thought processes' may even be in the single figure percentile in relation to their subconscious.

In such a case there is a large amount of evidence to suggest that, in terms of programmed knee-jerk responses, regurgitated sloganeering and reiterations of the party-line as well as parotting accepted dogma, wingers may essentially be actual robots in a very literal sense.

I think the post above may well be a text-book example of this.

In a way we are privileged to witness it...this sort of thing does not often happen so clearly and unequivocally outside of laboratory conditions or outside the confines of a medical establishment.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #317 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Alfred Korzybski formed an educational discipline of General Semantics ( "the map is not the territory" ) in which he found that the human brain can be viewed as consisting of two disparate parts; the "Thinker" and the "Prover.

A general maxim derived from this: "What the thinker thinks, the Prover proves".

Hence, for example:



The 'Thinker' may be equated to the sub-conscious mind - particularly in the case of wingers as thinking is not really their thing - and the Prover the conscious mind which acts on evidence often not knowing what the basis for their actions is.

Of course there are degrees of consciousness of this process...a left-wing intellectual such as Korzybski or others who built on the framework such as Wilson et al, will be very aware of the possibilities and sources of this functionality... their subconscious may be a small percentage relatively of their consciousness.

A right-winger oth, may be genuinely unaware they are manipulating the evidence and facts and may be totally at the mercy of their subconscious...they may not have to think at all and when they do their 'thought processes' may even be in the single figure percentile in relation to their subconscious.

In such a case there is a large amount of evidence to suggest that, in terms of programmed knee-jerk responses, regurgitated sloganeering and reiterations of the party-line as well as parotting accepted dogma, wingers may essentially be actual robots in a very literal sense.

I think the post above may well be a text-book example of this.

In a way we are privileged to witness it...this sort of thing does not often happen so clearly and unequivocally outside of laboratory conditions or outside the confines of a medical establishment.


Im sorry, that was just absolutely hilarious on so many levels.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #318 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Im sorry, that was just absolutely hilarious on so many levels.

Interesting...so we can say that your 'thinker' is working on the assumption that intellectual discoveries are sources of hilarity rather than of elucidation and your 'prover' finds the evidence to support that...

Fascinating.....really....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #319 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Racist! You said raghead! Racist!

You've just labeled your own actions. Fantastic!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #320 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You've just labeled your own actions. Fantastic!

Can't work out why but I've got this song stuck in my head:

Remember the days of the old school yard...
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why are liberals so condescending?