or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why are liberals so condescending?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why are liberals so condescending? - Page 2

post #41 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

What I love is that the counterpoints of the articles I quoted were never addressed. Just how posting a wealth of counterpoints somehow makes me condescending.

You expect someone to offer a rebuttal "I'm going to make up nasty names because I don't like the point of this article?"

Perhaps you expect someone to offer a rebuttal to "I have these polls that show party affiliation for scientists and so you should see how that relates to being condescending." See that article doesn't attempt to refute the point, but rather simply justifies it. "We're condescending because we are scientists," in no fashion refutes being condescending.

There were no other points that I saw. Perhaps they were lost among the pissing, moaning and pretty pictures.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #42 of 334
You mean the pretty pictures of conservative condescension? You mean the entire thread based around conservative condescension? I also don't see that it's condescending to say that people who base their lives and careers around the scientific method tend to avoid a particular political affiliation...an affiliation that likes to make outrageous claims on a daily basis.

Since when did the Republicans become the party of victims?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #43 of 334
Thread Starter 
So now they avoid a political affiliation unless they are Democrats in which case if they are, then the condescending behavior not only exists, but is justified.

No one claimed Republicans are victims by the way, actually most people are wondering how the Democrats can blow a lead so quickly. Obama has gone from once in a generation change agent to one term president in about 13 months.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #44 of 334
By avoiding a particular political affiliation, I was referring to Republicans. I wasn't saying they avoided affiliations. They avoid one in particular. I wonder why.

*gasp* Obama can't do it all himself. And if his own party turns his back on him by paying more attention to their corporate overlords than their allegedly true ideals, of course he's not going to get everything he said done.

We need corporate money completely out of Washington...but of course, you don't even agree with that either. You want corporations to have more voices than anyone else gets. The individuals who work for and run the corporations get their votes just like everyone else. They already have voices. To let corporations donate as much money as they want, too, gives them more voices than the average American.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #45 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

By avoiding a particular political affiliation, I was referring to Republicans. I wasn't saying they avoided affiliations. They avoid one in particular. I wonder why.

Should they have political affiliations? Even though they aren't very good at it, journalists at least try to pretend they are politically impartial. Shouldn't science be the agenda rather than have an agenda?

Quote:
*gasp* Obama can't do it all himself. And if his own party turns his back on him by paying more attention to their corporate overlords than their allegedly true ideals, of course he's not going to get everything he said done.

Well he ran on changing the culture of Washington D.C. but apparently can't even change it within his own party. You sell a lie and then you die by it.

Quote:
We need corporate money completely out of Washington...but of course, you don't even agree with that either. You want corporations to have more voices than anyone else gets. The individuals who work for and run the corporations get their votes just like everyone else. They already have voices. To let corporations donate as much money as they want, too, gives them more voices than the average American.

You are welcome to show how corporations can give as much as they want to whomever they want to because the Supreme Court decision did not put them above the law. Rather it intentionally limited their speech beyond the limits of individuals. That was what was ruled against. I know it doesn't fit in with the sock puppets Jon Stewart used to eviscerate it, but you'll just have to accept the reality there.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #46 of 334
Conservatives have a pretty anti-science agenda in the first place. They force people who they attempt to alieante to oppose them, lest we have a New Dark Ages.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #47 of 334
Thread Starter 
POST#30

The very premise of the thread notes that imagined behaviors of the right always rationalizes the actions of the left.

I already addressed this. You're slipping BR.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #48 of 334
Your premise is false. The behaviors are not imagined. You addressed this with falsehoods. Yay!

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #49 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Your premise is false. The behaviors are not imagined. You addressed this with falsehoods. Yay!

Apparently I just imagined your post then because that is exactly what you just stated.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #50 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Apparently I just imagined your post then because that is exactly what you just stated.

"imagined behaviors of the right..."

Those behaviors are not imagined. You presume that they are. That presumption is wrong.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #51 of 334
Trumpy thinks we're condescending. How cute.
post #52 of 334
Trumptman has me on 'ignore' (can't fathom why) but this thread is fucking stupid and is very easily finished.

Will someone just ask trumptman to prove that all 'liberals' everywhere are without exception 'condescending' and when he can't, direct him to the thread where he argued that 'conservatives' did not celebrate when Barack Obama's pitch to the IOC was rejected because [enter fucked up syllogisms, infuriating word games, hypocrisy and My Team blindness here.]

post #53 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

"imagined behaviors of the right..."

Those behaviors are not imagined. You presume that they are. That presumption is wrong.

They aren't imagined? So please explain this point then.

Quote:
They force people who they attempt to alieante to oppose them, lest we have a New Dark Ages.

How do they force them? Are they pointing a gun at them? How do they alienate them? Are there some scientist death camps of which I was not aware?

See like most liberals, the very fact that conservatives are in the public arena at all makes all these imagined traits true.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #54 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Trumptman has me on 'ignore' (can't fathom why) but this thread is fucking stupid and is very easily finished.

Will someone just ask trumptman to prove that all 'liberals' everywhere are without exception 'condescending' and when he can't, direct him to the thread where he argued that 'conservatives' did not celebrate when Barack Obama's pitch to the IOC was rejected because [enter fucked up syllogisms, infuriating word games, hypocrisy and My Team blindness here.]


Wheeee!
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #55 of 334
Yeah..let's wrap this up:

Wingers are known for not necessarily being the brightest bulbs in the box (the one area where their bulbs definitely are energy-compliant) and rather than ignore this, liberals, being sympathetic, explain things slowly and with compassion taking into account the limitations and intellectual shortcomings of their winger audience.

That's all there is too it...

Basically Wingers like it rough and any attempt to help them and make it easy for them is seen as condescension....and of course helping the under-privileged (in this case themselves) which wingers never like.

They'd much prefer the Nazi approach but then they are wingers....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #56 of 334
Thread Starter 
Isn't it amazing how all the wingers are the dimmest bulbs and the slowest performers yet they always seem to have all the money, power and jobs that the "smart ones" seem to want.

Tax the supposed idiots to death with our incredible intelligence.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #57 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Isn't it amazing how all the wingers are the dimmest bulbs and the slowest performers yet they always seem to have all the money, power and jobs that the "smart ones" seem to want.

Tax the supposed idiots to death with our incredible intelligence.

That's simple...

There is far more to life than money (culture, art and philosophy for example - all fields notoriously absent from any historical winger input; there is no winger "Guernica" or winger Picasso is there? No 'Ballad of Abu Ghraib' up there with Shakespeare or anything) and any fool knows that money is incidental to happiness and psychological well-being.

Wingers on the other hand, do not seem to know this.... they have the most money because they are the most obsessed by it.

You might as well cite rabbits as being the most good looking because they have the most sex.

Fair enough, if that's the benchmark but there is such a thing as unsophistication...sometimes it even shades off into barbarism....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #58 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Yeah..let's wrap this up:

Wingers are known for not necessarily being the brightest bulbs in the box (the one area where their bulbs definitely are energy-compliant) and rather than ignore this, liberals, being sympathetic, explain things slowly and with compassion taking into account the limitations and intellectual shortcomings of their winger audience.

That's all there is too it...

Basically Wingers like it rough and any attempt to help them and make it easy for them is seen as condescension....and of course helping the under-privileged (in this case themselves) which wingers never like.

They'd much prefer the Nazi approach but then they are wingers....

Wingers? That has a Left and Right correct? So this statement applies to both sides then... \

Oh, and trying to pretend that you have to talk down to someone when you really don't need to, is condescension. Whether you believe they need to be talked down to or not.

I don't care one way or the other about this thread myself. However it has really brought out the snide side of all involved. And for those arguing against trumptman, take a look in the mirror. If you don't want the thread to live, don't post. Stop pissing and moaning in the thread about the thread thereby prolonging the life of the thread. Geeze...
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #59 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

That's simple...

There is far more to life than money (culture, art and philosophy for example - all fields notoriously absent from any historical winger input; there is no winger "Guernica" or winger Picasso is there? No 'Ballad of Abu Ghraib' up there with Shakespeare or anything) and any fool knows that money is incidental to happiness and psychological well-being.

Wingers on the other hand, do not seem to know this.... they have the most money because they are the most obsessed by it.

You might as well cite rabbits as being the most good looking because they have the most sex.

Fair enough, if that's the benchmark but there is such a thing as unsophistication...sometimes it even shades off into barbarism....

Really there is indeed more to life than money and that is why those with the money get on to more than making it. Those who claim they are not interested end up spending their life pursuing it because it is hard to come by something you declare no interest in pursuing.

Enjoy the nonsense. As Chris Rock loves noting, he lives in his neighborhood as a tremendously successful comic. His neighbor is a dentist or accountant. Big money in entertainment or sports is just normal life in a lot of other fields. You can consider it "profound" because it moved you and you spent $.99 on it but that is your perogative. History is seldom remembering the best, just the most successful.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #60 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Really there is indeed more to life than money and that is why those with the money get on to more than making it. Those who claim they are not interested end up spending their life pursuing it because it is hard to come by something you declare no interest in pursuing.

Enjoy the nonsense. As Chris Rock loves noting, he lives in his neighborhood as a tremendously successful comic. His neighbor is a dentist or accountant. Big money in entertainment or sports is just normal life in a lot of other fields. You can consider it "profound" because it moved you and you spent $.99 on it but that is your perogative. History is seldom remembering the best, just the most successful.

Can someone translate this please?

It seems to have been run through Bablefish from Klingon - I'd really like to respond so any help appreciated....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #61 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Isn't it amazing how all the wingers are the dimmest bulbs and the slowest performers yet they always seem to have all the money, power and jobs that the "smart ones" seem to want.

Tax the supposed idiots to death with our incredible intelligence.

The latest in right wing insanity:
Newt Gingrich: " The shoe bomber is an American citizen."
WTF.
Responding to this with "Newt you are an ffff... lying evil freak" is not condescending, it's just fact.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #62 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

The latest in right wing insanity:
Newt Gingrich: " The shoe bomber is an American citizen."
WTF.
Responding to this with "Newt you are an ffff... lying evil freak" is not condescending, it's just fact.

Isn't that just abuse though? Condescension is more like how all contrarian posters have been responding to Trumpt all thread though I don't think he's noticed yet...

It was such an open goal but maybe it was a tad too ironic....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #63 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Can someone translate this please?

It seems to have been run through Bablefish from Klingon - I'd really like to respond so any help appreciated....

I thinks the basic message is, you're remembered if your successful, and you're deemed successful if you have lots of money, ergo money is the only meaningful objective measure of an individuals worth, and this is true because Ayn Rand told me so.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #64 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Really there is indeed more to life than money and that is why those with the money get on to more than making it. Those who claim they are not interested end up spending their life pursuing it because it is hard to come by something you declare no interest in pursuing.

Enjoy the nonsense. As Chris Rock loves noting, he lives in his neighborhood as a tremendously successful comic. His neighbor is a dentist or accountant. Big money in entertainment or sports is just normal life in a lot of other fields. You can consider it "profound" because it moved you and you spent $.99 on it but that is your perogative. History is seldom remembering the best, just the most successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Can someone translate this please?

It seems to have been run through Bablefish from Klingon - I'd really like to respond so any help appreciated....

He seems to be saying that most of what people enjoy doing in life requires money to do it. So those who have money can get on to doing what they enjoy and not have to spend more time wondering where the money is going to come from instead.

He then goes on to note that "rich" is a subjective measure. At the very end he goes into whether it is better to be the best or the most successful. Not sure the point he was making for that except to say if you want to be remembered in history you have to play the success game. (I think.)

Not sure if you actually wanted the translation or not, but there it is as i see it.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #65 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

He seems to be saying that most of what people enjoy doing in life requires money to do it. So those who have money can get on to doing what they enjoy and not have to spend more time doing those things and not wondering where the money is going to come from instead.

Mere survival doesn't cost much and security is priceless.

What's interesting is that being the best at anything seems to have great monetary rewards. I've told my kids that if you do what you love it won't feel like work and the money will follow; If you settle for being less, if you don't push, you won't move up; If you go through all the trouble of locking, loading, and looking down the barrel and you don't aim at the dead center of the target, you're wasting your time...

Winners don't have to waste time making excuses.
post #66 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Or maybe the original point is full of shit and my outrage is completely justified. Nope, I'm not one of you so that could never be the case, right? And when you post link after link in your global climate change thread, I don't see you calling it a spamfest. Seriously Jazz...can you be any more hypocritical?

The original point is that liberals are condescending in general. Conservatives are often dismissed as being less intelligent, out for the rich, corrupted by money/business interests, warmongers, etc. Moreover, their political victories are dismissed as being the result of sleazy right-wring attack machines or even the voters being stupid or misinformed.

You yourself engage in this kind of thing. Almost every left-leaning poster here does it. We've seen countless examples...liberals tend to not just disagree, but savage their opponent personally. If someone posts he/she listens to Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck or--God forbid---agrees with something Sarah Palin said, that person is savaged. These viewpoints are almost always dismissed no matter how well-supported or reasonable they might be (not that they all are). Worse still, the person originally espousing the viewpoint is savaged, particularly if its a national figure like the aforementioned.

Do you honestly not see this?

.

Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

You never wanted the troops home before - hope you aren't being intellectually dishonest...and it sounds like a liberal policy...are you feeling ok????

I think it's fine to point out a promise has not been kept...even if one doesn't want the resulting policy implemented. You could look at it as intellectual dishonesty, I suppose. However, one could also see it as adding credibility, since the person doing the criticizing has no motivation to lobby for said policy.

Quote:

Btw, if you care to look outside the US (not literally of course - don't worry, no need to get a passport) then you will find that there is a worldwide economic slump.

It would be difficult to lay the blame for this on Obama, or even to argue that 'liburuls' have caused it or indeed that it has anything at all to do with US home policies..

Very difficult argument to make - and foolhardy - but if anyone can I am convinced you are the man for the job!!

Edit: My God...I just noticed you quoted Ayn Rand and in YOUR SIG so people might notice!!!!! Hahahahah..I'm sorry but you - just - could - not - make - it - up ! lol


I don't think anyone blames "this" on Obama (if by "this" you mean the financial crisis). However, many rightly blame him for the policies he's implemented that have very likely delayed recovery and that will have a devastating effect in the future. One can take issue with Obama still blaming "the previous administration" 13 months into his first term. One can correctly observe that Obama and his Administration clearly have an anti-business, anti-free market viewpoint that calls for government to "create jobs and stimulate the economy." One can point out that these policies didn't work in the past and won't work now. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Please speak to the aide who is helping you with your posting. They wrote the word manufacturing down wrong on your hand and when you looked at it to hit me with your talking points, you totally spelled it wrong as a result.

Don't worry the video of it will be up soon. They were probably just spelling it phonetically so you wouldn't say it wrong.

We wouldn't want a nuc-u-lar moment would we?

Wouldn't have seen this if you hadn't quoted him. Nice. Incidentally, I had someone tell me he was an "officianado" [sic] of fine cigars the other day. Douche bag!
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #67 of 334
Thread Starter 
A new example of liberals being liberals...

Washington Monthly

Quote:
By most measures, Republicans have spent the last year acting like children -- reckless, disturbed children who fiddle with matches and take pleasure in playing in traffic.

For nearly 13 months, GOP officials on the Hill have engaged in unprecedented abuse of the political process, blocking good legislation, offering insane ideas in response to major national challenges, rejecting their own ideas when embraced by Democrats, and generally being an embarrassment to themselves and the country.

Naturally, then, Republicans are making major gains in the polls...........

.....Reality should suggest the opposite. As Republicans grow more irresponsible, and become less coherent, their numbers should drop. But as the economy continues to struggle, and congressional Dems prove unable to govern in the face of obstructionism at levels unseen in American history, the public has soured on those trying to clean up the messes Republicans left in the wake of the Bush/Cheney fiasco.

But let's be clear: literally the only way for Republicans to shake off their madness and grow up would be for them to face an intense backlash from the public. Poll results like these send the opposite signal -- Americans are encouraging the GOP to keep up the bad work.

Talk about your condescension.......

Reality should..... reality should... but of course reality doesn't and it is the public and Republicans who are the deluded ones who need to change.

The author's point literally becomes, all my points and conclusions are the opposite of what should be happening, but darn it, I'm right and you are wrong so do what I say.

It's all everyone's fault who are idiots, out of power and who can't do anything right. All the people who are brilliant, in power, and totally competent aren't responsible for anything nor should they be expected or held responsible for anything.

BRILLIANT!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #68 of 334
Except he's right. What's condescending is that you expect us to believe the Republicans aren't doing what he's saying and that the poll numbers don't reflect poorly on the American public.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #69 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

A new example of liberals being liberals...

Washington Monthly



Talk about your condescension.......

Reality should..... reality should... but of course reality doesn't and it is the public and Republicans who are the deluded ones who need to change.

The author's point literally becomes, all my points and conclusions are the opposite of what should be happening, but darn it, I'm right and you are wrong so do what I say.

It's all everyone's fault who are idiots, out of power and who can't do anything right. All the people who are brilliant, in power, and totally competent aren't responsible for anything nor should they be expected or held responsible for anything.

BRILLIANT!

But as I've said we already know why you would comment on liberals at all!
We know that nothing would alter your perception of them.
However I have sympathy for those who suffer from :

Partisan
Polarity
Disorder

I know that for the most part they don't even see it.
However the American voter hasn't got any more time for this. PPD is a terrible affliction.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #70 of 334
Republicans feel they deserve it 'cause they earned it. Democrats feel they deserve it 'cause it's their right.
post #71 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Republicans feel they deserve it 'cause they earned it. Democrats feel they deserve it 'cause it's their right.

And the truth neither deserve anything as they're just political parties ( that are supposed to work for the voter ) that have to learn to work together if they want to survive.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #72 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

I thinks the basic message is, you're remembered if your successful, and you're deemed successful if you have lots of money, ergo money is the only meaningful objective measure of an individuals worth, and this is true because Ayn Rand told me so.

The thread of condescension? More like the thread of condensation. It's raining Wingers.

Ayn Rand is very stale joke meant for a time when socialism and communism were in vogue.

In other words very passe.

The word that I'm looking for is Asceticism. Something that the baby Jebus could relate to, or so I've been told.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #73 of 334
Thread Starter 
As always I appreciate how the liberals are bringing the condescension straight to the thread so we don't have to go out and look for it.

I look across these threads and man is that leftist lot in a terrible mood. You would think that they should be thrilled with a once in a generation, post racial change agent in the White House. The have large majorities in both the Senate and House and yet here they are being the most bitter bunch you can imagine.

Between the dumb bitch comments and the WTF comments, I can see that there are no rainbows leading to your utopia.

As I said at the beginning of the thread, we better brace ourselves.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #74 of 334
If they're like this now, I can only imagine how they'll be when they start losing seats this year, and when prez Obama is voted out in 2012.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #75 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

If they're like this now, I can only imagine how they'll be when they start losing seats this year, and when prez Obama is voted out in 2012.

The real question is how are you going to be when they don't and he isn't?

I'm betting just the way you are now. Desperate.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #76 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

The real question is how are you going to be when they don't and he isn't?

I'm betting just the way you are now. Desperate.

Sandbox!

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #77 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

As always I appreciate how the liberals are bringing the condescension straight to the thread so we don't have to go out and look for it.

I look across these threads and man is that leftist lot in a terrible mood. You would think that they should be thrilled with a once in a generation, post racial change agent in the White House. The have large majorities in both the Senate and House and yet here they are being the most bitter bunch you can imagine.

Between the dumb bitch comments and the WTF comments, I can see that there are no rainbows leading to your utopia.

As I said at the beginning of the thread, we better brace ourselves.

Really trumptman all I hear from your side toward everyone is condescension. From the spelling Bee to " The Boomers did it " all designed to push someone's buttons. Not to really discuss. And of course extremely partisan to point where you realize you aren't really talking with someone. They're talking at you.

And yes you'd better brace yourself when all of what you want doesn't come to fruition. To bad it's not what the rest of the country wants but we've already discussed the partisan issue.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #78 of 334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Really trumptman all I hear from your side toward everyone is condescension. From the spelling Bee to " The Boomers did it " all designed to push someone's buttons. Not to really discuss. And of course extremely partisan to point where you realize you aren't really talking with someone. They're talking at you.

And yes you'd better brace yourself when all of what you want doesn't come to fruition. To bad it's not what the rest of the country wants but we've already discussed the partisan issue.

No problem Jimmac. You can keep telling yourself that just all the folks who asked for hard moderation told themselves they were following the rules when in reality, they were the one posting under multiple aliases, cursing people out, spamming the forum and losing it. We can also go find your posts about this place being dead ten times over and yet here it is with plenty of high level discussion going on among the conservatives.

The lefties on here are a small and diminishing lot, much like they are in America itself, forced into corners and stuck defending hypocrits and paradoxical reasoning. Warming is both warming and cooling, taxes are investments and spending is jobs. Deficits are bad under Bush but trillion dollar record deficits are great under Obama. Wars are bad under Bush but Obama doubling down in Afghanistan while Iran goes nuclear is just proof how much our standing has improved in the world and how respected we are now. Teleprompters are proof of intelligence but six words written on your hand = dunce.

No one buys that bullshit. They don't even buy it in Mass. as Scott Brown has proven. When the truest believers won't buy the lies, then you are in big trouble. 2010 elections are coming quick and no amount of cycle claims, spin, or anything else you want to prattle on about will change that.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #79 of 334
No, the lefties here are a diminishing lot because it's an exercise in futility to talk to the conservatives here. The ones who keep coming back are stupid enough to think that maybe this time the conservatives might listen to reason. Maybe this time they won't be intellectually dishonest and morally bankrupt. It's out of hope that there's real, compassionate people somewhere deep down inside them. It's too sad to have that hope demolished.

And Scott Brown didn't prove shit. He only showed that if you run a terrible campaign and act like a giant twat, the base won't come out in droves to vote for you. He showed that if you say nothing of substance but have a truck and then say blatant falsehoods in the first 10 minutes after being elected, the conservatives in this country don't give a shit because they are rabid and crazy and completely out of their minds at this point.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #80 of 334
Seems to me liberals don't have a leg to stand on, given Obama's failures and broken promises. They have been reduced to blaming Bush- again, and poking fun at, and obsessing over S. Palin.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why are liberals so condescending?