or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence

The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence

post #1 of 361
As those on the left so often like to remind us, no person that acts like this acts alone. They are merely the fringe element that was compelled to act via a chorus of hate speech being sent out by the leadership and leading voices representing that portion of the political spectrum.

Amy Bishop

Quote:
A family source said Bishop, a mother of four children - the youngest a third-grade boy - was a far-left political extremist who was “obsessed” with President Obama to the point of being off-putting.

As the Bayh retirement shows, along with the loses in New Jersey, and Virginia, that extreme hate of the left especially as portrayed by those like Matthews, O'Donnell, Olbermann, and Maddow, just to name a few, is driving some marginal folks over the edge and into violence.

What makes such a person feel no remorse about killing family, bombing someone or even gunning down several people in a rampage of violence. Perhaps it is the fact that George Lopez feels he can call Sarah Palin a "b*tch" on national television. Perhaps it is Olbermann going so off the deep end that even Stewart has to reprimand him noting that those calling women "a bag of meat" have no moral high ground. Perhaps it is the daily HuffPo headlines noting who has been "slammed", "eviscerated", or "destroyed" by the inane reasoning of their bloggers.

It is clear the left has become UNHINGED and are now moving from hope to hate. Their president and congress promised them utopia and instead we have unemployment, record debt, and hate speech piled on in an attempt to deflect from the problems. As VP Biden loves to note, everyone is basically a liar who opposed the Obama administration. Sure the Democrats are filled with people who think Obama is "clean and articulate" or speaks with "no discernable dialect" by it is everyone else who is racist and keeping away utopia.

So the answer becomes to shoot them. Be it tenure or utopia, they might be incited to come for you next so watch out. Just look at some of the speech on here by some of our leftist members, it borders right on the edge of seething. They might be the ones to tip next thanks to the daily diet of MSNBC, Maher and DailyKOS/HuffPo telling them that all those worst people of the day are the only reason utopia isn't here. There aren't disagreements, only the party of NO so kill them off (since they can't be bought off like Mary or Ben) and let's hurry up and get to utopia.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 361
Uh-oh...one of the drones has gone rogue....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #3 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Uh-oh...one of the drones has gone rogue....

Trumptman, since when did a few disgruntled folk represent the "entire left" as you infer? How come you see the world in hard monochrome with the contrast maxed out? You know, as in "every muslim wants to build a bomb", those who want moderate health care reform are "raving Marxists", and the token, bought, liberal (Olbermann) amongst the ranks of rightwing hardliners in the corporate media, gets you blowing fuses....

Wow!
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #4 of 361
This thread is a provocative load of shit.

This is a bit like when I said that conservatives celebrated when Barack Obama's pitch to the IOC was rejected and trumptman had an aneurysm about exceptions not proving the rule and statistical noise.

This is absolutely, utterly, contemptible, this thread. What utter, blatant fucking hypocrisy and double standards. The lengths this poster will go to prove to a political point. Jesus.
post #5 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Trumptman, since when did a few disgruntled folk represent the "entire left" as you infer? How come you see the world in hard monochrome with the contrast maxed out? You know, as in "every muslim wants to build a bomb", those who want moderate health care reform are "raving Marxists", and the token, bought, liberal (Olbermann) amongst the ranks of rightwing hardliners in the corporate media, gets you blowing fuses....

Wow!

Well Sammi, seriously you should know better. Obviously this post is a reflection of those we get here quite often whenever guilt by association or exception proving the rule reasoning is applied by leftist elements as is often the case here and in the political world at large.

That was why it opened up like this.....

As those on the left so often like to remind us, no person that acts like this acts alone. They are merely the fringe element that was compelled to act via a chorus of hate speech being sent out by the leadership and leading voices representing that portion of the political spectrum.

People who are trying to spin reality will take isolated events and attempt to form a trend with them where there is none. I did that here for an obvious reason and that is to show that while it may be possible to make it sound coherent, it doesn't make the reasoning correct.

I gladly admit the reasoning is wrong. The whole purpose is to show that such reasoning is wrong in hopes that it will be avoided in the future. Such threads here are often started to provoke demands for the fairness doctrine or to limit free speech. I oppose such reasoning and showing how it could be used against causes one supports ought to make folks consider the principle rather than the political.

post #6 of 361
I wish there was a rising tide of left-wing extremism and violence and it was cruising up the streets to the centres of government and power...

Unfortunately it is only a figment of Trumpt's rather rabid 'reds under the bed' imagination.

Still..we can all hope...
post #7 of 361
One thing that needs to be considered is that Bishop was from Alabama, where any white person supporting Obama would seem like an extreme off-putting nutjob to most family and friends.
post #8 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

One thing that needs to be considered is that Bishop was from Alabama, where any white person supporting Obama would seem like an extreme off-putting nutjob to most family and friends.

Really and you think the whole shooting her brother, sending bombs and finally going on a shooting spree didn't trigger the nutjob vibes.

It was just all those around her and their political views that actually put her (apparently incorrectly) in that group.

post #9 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Really and you think the whole shooting her brother, sending bombs and finally going on a shooting spree didn't trigger the nutjob vibes.

It was just all those around her and their political views that actually put her (apparently incorrectly) in that group.

Whoosh!
post #10 of 361
Hi, I'm the story the left wing media complex will spend no time on because they'd rather spend time trying to tar the tea party movement.

Quote:
If Bill Delahunt had done his job, three Alabama families wouldn’t be in mourning today. Period.

If then-Norfolk District Attorney Delahunt, his staff or the police hadn’t been negligent, corrupt or both back in 1986, Amy Bishop would have been prosecuted for killing her brother. Based on what we know now - and what investigators knew then - probably some charge of manslaughter. But at the very least, Bishop probably would have had a felony gun conviction on her record, teaching her a tragic personal lesson.

Instead, the political culture of Massachusetts taught her something very different: It’s not what you do, but who you are.

Yes it's the intent game once again. Amy Bishop was allowed to kill, send a bomb, and finally stopped after her shooting spree because of who she was and what she believes. The media still won't focus on her for those exact reasons. It doesn't fit their agenda, and sadly worse, her agenda is the same as the medias.

I'm sure in the end, the media will even discover that those folks deserved to be shot by that brave fighter against -isms, Amy Bishop. She was Harvard educated but had to put up with those folks in the South. It's already been suggested in this very thread so of course it isn't far fetched to imagine at all.

post #11 of 361
Ok...If I hear the words "Intent Game" one more time you will see a REAL rising tide of left-wing extremism and violence rather than the imaginary one which exists only in the space where critical analytical faculties should be...

PLEASE DESIST
post #12 of 361
Intent Game
Intent Game
Intent Game
Intent Game
Intent Game
Intent Game

Hey some asshole just flew a plane into my house. Then he got out and went on a shooting spree.

SEGOVIUS!!!

post #13 of 361
Quote:

Intent Game
Intent Game
Intent Game
Intent Game
Intent Game
Intent Game

Hey some asshole just flew a plane into my house. Then he got out and went on a shooting spree.

SEGOVIUS!!!

Seriously, did you make this one up or is it some vogue-ish buzz-word thing...sounds vaguely Palin-esque in the sense it is quasi-folksy but obviously a tad too 'intellectual' (I use the word in the relative sense).

It's a very poor buzz-word I think...not really up to scratch at all....nothing easily recognisable behind it and not nearly reductionist enough.

If you are responsible for it you really need to up your game and if not...well..should be easy to find something better...I can give you some suggestions if you like..
post #14 of 361
I think that discussion might be a bit better suited for PM's. The discussion so far has almost driven you to become an example for the thread so take it there and the violent tendencies exhibited might remain under better control.

I'll gladly take your buzz word suggestions there.

post #15 of 361
Here's a few for you. Make sure to do this with a slurred, drunken accent:

Stop playin' yer facts game.
You can't deciiiide that I'm wrong. You can't deciiiiide.
Don't you play that filthy librul game with me.
I dernt wanna play "hide the sausage of truth" with ya.
I've got an Ayn Rand boner of justice and I'm not afeared to use it.

Or you can just say M-Cubed and save a lot of reading for all of us. What's M-Cubed?

Misunderstand!
Misinterpret!
Misdirect!

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #16 of 361
If only the sarc-mark didn't suck so terribly. Wink wink nod nod just joking don't blow a gasket.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #17 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Wow!

Well said.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
post #18 of 361
Quote:

Intent Game
Intent Game
Intent Game
Intent Game
Intent Game
Intent Game

SEGOVIUS!!!

Ah! Partisan Polarity Disorder! Still suffering I see.
Partisan poppycock. You don't want to talk about the guy who gunned down a church full of liberals in 08' do you?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25872864/

Any kind of extreme viewpoint can lead to violence on either side.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #19 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Ah! Partisan Polarity Disorder! Still suffering I see.
Partisan poppycock. You don't want to talk about the guy who gunned down a church full of liberals in 08' do you?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25872864/

Any kind of extreme viewpoint can lead to violence on either side.

Let's look at this.

The claim is that you posted about this in 08 and I didn't want to discuss it then.

Please prove that point. Please link to where you posted about this shooting in 08 and how I ignored the post or was called out to address it and did not.

Otherwise stop making crap up thanks. As for disorders, someone is going to be suffering from a few when their hundreds of posts about Republicans never winning anything are proven wrong in the midterms.

post #20 of 361
The silence on the claims is indeed deafening.

A new bit of information, at least to me since I don't watch my news on television. It turns out all the people Amy Bishop murdered were of minority status.

Now we all know the media doesn't have time to discuss the implications of this via their 24/7 analysis because they are far to busy discussing how the Tea Party and CPAC are really, really racist with no proof. As we see in this thread and others, you make the claim, walk away and then make it over and over again in different places at different times. Later you claim "everyone knows," and use your own claims over time as the proof.

It's sad now how many events that have occurred that the media just makes go away because it isn't convenient to their narrative. How many Fort Hoods, and Amy Bishops do we need before the violence are properly assigned?

How much more misogyny do we need to witness related to Sarah Palin before the hate there is called exactly what it is, hate. Questioning her womb, burning her church and intentionally sexualizing her is just fine with the left in that instance because the reasoning is the ends justify the means.

It is exactly such thinking that creates the Amy Bishops of the world.

post #21 of 361
Quote:

Let's look at this.

The claim is that you posted about this in 08 and I didn't want to discuss it then.

Please prove that point. Please link to where you posted about this shooting in 08 and how I ignored the post or was called out to address it and did not.

Otherwise stop making crap up thanks. As for disorders, someone is going to be suffering from a few when their hundreds of posts about Republicans never winning anything are proven wrong in the midterms.

You read into this things that weren't there. I'm saying you don't want to talk about now. It's amazing how your reading skills have gone down hill but as Segovious says you only see what you want to see and if it's too much you change to fit your reality. As for the Republicans I've never said they wouldn't win anything! I said they wouldn't win enough to accomplish what you think is going to happen.
post #22 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Wow you're a bigot. So full of judgmental hate?
post #23 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Wow you're a bigot. So full of judgmental hate?

Are you saying Obama is popular in Alabama?
post #24 of 361
Quote:

Are you saying Obama is popular in Alabama?

Intent game.
Obama's popularity in Alabama in no form changes the racist nature of Tonton's actions.

Also for future reference, the white female, Harvard educated professor who BLOWS HOLES in a bunch of minority folks is the hateful one by any standard you can measure. Murder is certainly hate.

Too bad thanks to the intent game, you can't even realize that.

post #25 of 361
Quote:

Intent game.
Obama's popularity in Alabama in no form changes the racist nature of Tonton's actions.

Also for future reference, the white female, Harvard educated professor who BLOWS HOLES in a bunch of minority folks is the hateful one by any standard you can measure. Murder is certainly hate.

Too bad thanks to the intent game, you can't even realize that.

Uh no. But your statement does come from PPD. Tonton was mearly pointing out the likelyhood of this scenerio. But of course PPD would keep you from seeing this.
post #26 of 361
Quote:

Uh no. But your statement does come from PPD. Tonton was mearly pointing out the likelyhood of this scenerio. But of course PPD would keep you from seeing this.

Keep up the snark. Anyone reading the words....."where any white person " will understand the reality of what Tonton was saying.

post #27 of 361
Quote:

Keep up the snark. Anyone reading the words....."where any white person " will understand the reality of what Tonton was saying.

Sigh! You watch too much TV. According to that logic you could pick anything out of context from anything someone said and draw inaccurate conclusions.

Quote:
Keep up the snark

Why not? I see yours goes until 11.
post #28 of 361
Newsbusters.org

Quote:
You're damn right, Dick Cheney's heart's a political football. We ought to rip it out and kick it around and stuff it back in him. I'm glad he didn't tip over. He is the new poster child for health care in this country....

So glad to see all of you condemning this very clear violence advocated and supported by MSNBC.

post #29 of 361
Quote:

Newsbusters.org

So glad to see all of you condemning this very clear violence advocated and supported by MSNBC.

Hahah...Trumpy's a pacifist now!! Oh the irony!
post #30 of 361
Left Extremists.
Right Extremists.

They're ALL a bunch of chickenhead crazy nuts!
post #31 of 361

Look at that drop off. Those still supporting this president and his agenda are obviously a radical and fringe element. All the middle ground folks are retiring or leaving. The independents have already dropped their support. All that is left are the violent and crazy loons shooting up college campuses and watching their hate be reinforced on MSNBC 24/7.

post #32 of 361
Quote:

Look at that drop off. Those still supporting this president and his agenda are obviously a radical and fringe element. All the middle ground folks are retiring or leaving. The independents have already dropped their support. All that is left are the violent and crazy loons shooting up college campuses and watching their hate be reinforced on MSNBC 24/7.

40 to 45% are so radical and fringe! Do you even know what those words mean?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #33 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I'm betting he doesn't.
post #34 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Of course I do and it was what were Republicans were called after losing the presidential election in 2008. We also have nice threads like this from here along with posts like this one and even this one.

I can find a lot more of course.

Like this one of course.

Do I need to go on?

Why is it so hard to remember all the nice people in these forums declaring that only having 40-45% support would drive a group so insane as to consider assassination? My memory works just fine.

post #35 of 361
Quote:

Of course I do and it was what were Republicans were called after losing the presidential election in 2008. We also have nice threads like this from here along with posts like this one and even this one.

I can find a lot more of course.

Like this one of course.

Do I need to go on?

Why is it so hard to remember all the nice people in these forums declaring that only having 40-45% support would drive a group so insane as to consider assassination? My memory works just fine.

Quote:
Of course I do

I don't know trumpy that's almost half so it's quite the stretch. I think what Tauron was sayiong is that it's the Fringe eleements that are pulling down the GOP. Now surly you're not trying to say that it's those same elements that make up the difference in your poll?
post #36 of 361
Quote:

I'm betting he doesn't.

I'm betting there are plenty of Jimmac posts in those links declaring what that 40-45% would do.

post #37 of 361
Quote:

I'm betting there are plenty of Jimmac posts in those links declaring what that 40-45% would do.

No. I'm just saying that trying to argue that the rest are made up of the same elements Tauron was talking about is really lame.
post #38 of 361
Quote:

No. I'm just saying that trying to argue that the rest are made up of the same elements Tauron was talking about is really lame.

Who argued that? The claim was that Republicans at 40-45% had been called a fringe group by many on here. I've easily proven that. You also agreed with Tauron's points so don't try to walk away from them.

post #39 of 361
Quote:

Who argued that? The claim was that Republicans at 40-45% had been called a fringe group by many on here. I've easily proven that. You also agreed with Tauron's points so don't try to walk away from them.

No, what was said was that the Republicans march lockstep in congress (for the overwhelming majority of the time) and when the fringe elements are leading the charge because they are the most vocal crazy lunatics, the rest of the elected party members appear nuts, too. I highly doubt that 40% of the country agrees with the fringe Republican elements. However, the more moderates still won't abandon the party so at the very most they give tacit approval.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #40 of 361
Try again. The threads are clear.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence