or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence

The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence - Page 4

post #121 of 361
Imagine some of us not only don't spend all our time sticking people into boxes, we might even think outside of them.

Strange and foreign I know, but try to consider it.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #122 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Imagine some of us not only don't spend all our time sticking people into boxes, we might even think outside of them.

cough...splutter.. choke...
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #123 of 361
Quote:

Speaking of discrediting one's self.

Quote:

Do you mean like the way you look at Boomers?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #124 of 361
Quote:

I can't be bothered to find all your greatest hits. But here are two that make this statement utterly ridiculous.

Why are liberals so arrogant and also so wrong?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...t=89659&page=2

Yes. All liberals. Every single one of them.

Why are liberals so condescending?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=106978

post #125 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Speaking of discrediting one's self.

Do you mean like the way you look at Boomers?

I don't look at boomers that way. That is simply the reality and that is why the thread is backed by evidence. As a generation they will statistically bankrupted themselves, the country and likewise will be a generation that has either a short lifespan or one that is longer but requires many more dollar to achieve than prior generations due to rising health concerns related to chosen behaviors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

I can't be bothered to find all your greatest hits. But here are two that make this statement utterly ridiculous.

Why are liberals so arrogant and also so wrong?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...t=89659&page=2

Why are liberals so condescending?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=106978

Yes and not just based on tossed out asides under four or five different handles, but backed again by evidence. You seem to forget the basis of those threads is a book or article titled by the same name. You make it sound as if the words are my own when are, in fact, taken from the book or article that started the thread. I'm simply naming the thread the title of the article or book.

Now honestly you two, wouldn't it be nice if instead of just tossing out one accusation after another about me, you actually addressed the thread topic? Foreign concept I'm sure but one that might be nice to indulge.

Here is James Cameron engaging in words that would get the FBI very riled. He wants to shoot people.

"That's right," Cameron said. "I want to call those deniers out into the street at high noon and shoot it out with those boneheads."

post #126 of 361
Firstly, it doesn't matter what book you cite. Whatever your sources. You started threads called 'Why are liberals so arrogant and also so wrong?' and 'Why are liberals so condescending?' And you went on to defend your thesis vehemently.

You put people in boxes about as explicitly as you possibly can. So fucking what if you found bullshit evidence to back it up? You then had the sauce to accuse others of doing exactly what your modus operandus is. Again and again and again.

It's insulting.
post #127 of 361
Quote:

Firstly, it doesn't matter what book you cite. Whatever your sources. You started threads called 'Why are liberals so arrogant and also so wrong?' and 'Why are liberals so condescending?' And you went on to defend your thesis vehemently.

You put people in boxes about as explicitly as you possibly can. So fucking what if you found bullshit evidence to back it up? You then had the sauce to accuse others of doing exactly what your modus operandus is. Again and again and again.

It's insulting.

Watch out, they're all Locked and Loaded, and coming to get you in the middle of the night.

Kind of reminds you of the South in the 60's (and the 70's and the 80's and the 90's and the 00's and the 10's and ... you get the picture).

Whitey has left the building, all shot up.

April 19th in Washington, DC.

Be there.

Locked and Loaded, that is.

In remembrance of Waco and the Oklahoma City bombing.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #128 of 361
Quote:

It's insulting.

Yes who gives a damn about "bullshit evidence." Be insulted because being offended has a higher moral ground than evidence.

Please continue to be upset because of an inability to understand quantifiers. Rage on and curse away at the fact that finding one or two isn't the same as finding a statistically significant group or majority. Gnash those teeth and curse and scream out of ignorance.

You'll have no sympathy from me.

post #129 of 361
Quote:

Yes who gives a damn about "bullshit evidence." Be insulted because being offended has a higher moral ground than evidence.

Please continue to be upset because of an inability to understand quantifiers. Rage on and curse away at the fact that finding one or two isn't the same as finding a statistically significant group or majority. Gnash those teeth and curse and scream out of ignorance.

The only raging I have seen here is from Wingers....Mumbo Jumbo seems to be highly calm and rational to me.

But back to the topic: two things worry me greatly here:

1) Wingers are well known for actually seeing things as their opposite...if they say there is a 'rising-tide' of Left-wing violence then it is very, very concerning because it means that there is actually a rising tide (Tsunami?) of right-wing violence - possibly be planned as we speak.

And that is what is blood-curdling - Left-wing violence is one thing, it is rare and ineffectual in the main...minor incidents, the odd Molotov thrown or window smashed..all pretty minor and even understandable in some cases....but right-wing violence is the real deal....that's what's frightening here.

There is a real danger that unchecked a rising tide of right-wing violence could escalate to encompass genocide or mass murder as it has done so many times in the last century.

2) As a Leftie myself I am starting to feel unsafe..these Tea Party people are frightening and from what I can glean the possibility of co-ordinated aggression and violence against perceived 'liberals' is very real.

I was thinking of visiting the US soon but I am very concerned now....will I be in danger from these people?

How widespread are they? What sort of incidents are being reported or are they just threatening at the moment and not acting out any violent confrontations yet? Are there specific areas to avoid??? Areas where they congregate and maybe whip each other up into a frenzy?
post #130 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

The only raging I have seen here is from Wingers....Mumbo Jumbo seems to be highly calm and rational to me.

I'll keep in mind that raging involves reasoning and calm and rational involves profanity laced tirades when your criteria are applied.

Quote:
But back to the topic: two things worry me greatly here:

1) Wingers are well known for actually seeing things as their opposite...if they say there is a 'rising-tide' of Left-wing violence then it is very, very concerning because it means that there is actually a rising tide (Tsunami?) of right-wing violence - possibly be planned as we speak.

Can you support this assumption of yours? If it is well known then it should be easy to do.

Quote:
And that is what is blood-curdling - Left-wing violence is one thing, it is rare and ineffectual in the main...minor incidents, the odd Molotov thrown or window smashed..all pretty minor and even understandable in some cases....but right-wing violence is the real deal....that's what's frightening here.

Can we find an example of claimed right wing violence here that even involves the odd molotov cocktail, minor and understandable as said violence might be by your reasoning.

Quote:
There is a real danger that unchecked a rising tide of right-wing violence could escalate to encompass genocide or mass murder as it has done so many times in the last century.

Like Stalin, Mao, the khmer rouge, etc.

Quote:
2) As a Leftie myself I am starting to feel unsafe..these Tea Party people are frightening and from what I can glean the possibility of co-ordinated aggression and violence against perceived 'liberals' is very real.

I was thinking of visiting the US soon but I am very concerned now....will I be in danger from these people?

How widespread are they? What sort of incidents are being reported or are they just threatening at the moment and not acting out any violent confrontations yet? Are there specific areas to avoid??? Areas where they congregate and maybe whip each other up into a frenzy?

I would suggest you go hang with the "No Justice, No Peace" crowd who toss only the occasional Molotov cocktail or engage in the occasional "civil disobedience." Sure more violence occurs at most trade talks than has been alleged against the entire tea party for a year, and we must remember that word alleged because that is all that has happened. However we must remember that you feel more comfortable among those who lace their reasoning with profanity and light their cocktails with good intentions and justifications so please go find them and feel safe with them.

post #131 of 361
Quote:

I'll keep in mind that raging involves reasoning and calm and rational involves profanity laced tirades when your criteria are applied.

Can you support this assumption of yours? If it is well known then it should be easy to do.

Can we find an example of claimed right wing violence here that even involves the odd molotov cocktail, minor and understandable as said violence might be by your reasoning.

Like Stalin, Mao, the khmer rouge, etc.

I would suggest you go hang with the "No Justice, No Peace" crowd who toss only the occasional Molotov cocktail or engage in the occasional "civil disobedience." Sure more violence occurs at most trade talks than has been alleged against the entire tea party for a year, and we must remember that word alleged because that is all that has happened. However we must remember that you feel more comfortable among those who lace their reasoning with profanity and light their cocktails with good intentions and justifications so please go find them and feel safe with them.

Yeah, the Radical Right Racists are definitely Locked and Loaded.
post #132 of 361
Quote:

And yet, despite these absolutely irrelevant ad hominem attacks, which have nothing at all do with the matter at hand, you still started threads called "Why are liberals so arrogant and also so wrong?" and 'Why are liberals so condescending?'

And you went on to defend your thesis vehemently.

And then you had the sauce to accuse others of putting people in boxes.

You did that. Come back here when you're prepared to actually discuss the matter at hand. Thanks.
post #133 of 361
Quote:

I don't look at boomers that way. That is simply the reality and that is why the thread is backed by evidence. As a generation they will statistically bankrupted themselves, the country and likewise will be a generation that has either a short lifespan or one that is longer but requires many more dollar to achieve than prior generations due to rising health concerns related to chosen behaviors.

Yes and not just based on tossed out asides under four or five different handles, but backed again by evidence. You seem to forget the basis of those threads is a book or article titled by the same name. You make it sound as if the words are my own when are, in fact, taken from the book or article that started the thread. I'm simply naming the thread the title of the article or book.

Now honestly you two, wouldn't it be nice if instead of just tossing out one accusation after another about me, you actually addressed the thread topic? Foreign concept I'm sure but one that might be nice to indulge.

Here is James Cameron engaging in words that would get the FBI very riled. He wants to shoot people.

"That's right," Cameron said. "I want to call those deniers out into the street at high noon and shoot it out with those boneheads."

Quote:
I don't look at boomers that way. That is simply the reality and that is why the thread is backed by evidence

Uh huh. Backed by evidence you don't really have. Been over this trumpy.
post #134 of 361
Quote:

Quote:
You'll have no sympathy from me

We already knew that. We " just don't understand ". Someone doesn't get their way and they act like a little kid about it. Anytime I see adults acting this way I really don't understand.

looks like you didn't know which way was which in the title of your thread trumpy.
post #135 of 361
Quote:

And yet, despite these absolutely irrelevant ad hominem attacks, which have nothing at all do with the matter at hand, you still started threads called "Why are liberals so arrogant and also so wrong?" and 'Why are liberals so condescending?'

And you went on to defend your thesis vehemently.

And then you had the sauce to accuse others of putting people in boxes.

You did that. Come back here when you're prepared to actually discuss the matter at hand. Thanks.

Yes and we must remember that speech and actions are the same thing. If someone gives a speech about the death penalty, well they must have killed someone.

Washington Post - Gerard Alexander: Why are liberals so condescending?

Makers and Takers: Why conservatives work harder, feel happier, have closer families, take fewer drugs, give more generously, value honesty more, are less materialistic and (Hardcover)

That was the book that was the basis of the other thread and I'm happy to repeat and freshen the links here. It gives people a chance to go review them again and find such awesome material available.

You know Hassan, you have been here quite a while but if there is anyone you should complain about this to it should be your old friend ShawnJ. As everyone's self appointed editor, he claimed and complained that my thread titles were misleading. He declared that folks like yourself who end up repeatedly banned weren't to blame for your own actions because the thread title wasn't accurate enough and thus you would wander in unaware, lose control of yourself and end up undertaking the actions that got you banned (4+ times and permabanned as well.) To make ShawnJ happy and to protect folks like yourself, I told him I would simply make the thread title the title of the article or book.

Yet as we can see, it still doesn't stop the accusations, the profanity laced tirades and perhaps soon, the next step. You can go back and find it if you want but either way with folks like yourself it is damned if you do or don't. If I put such information into a thread and didn't give it the book or article title, you would claim it was inflammatory and you innocently wandered into and thus are not responsible for your own actions. Thus it is posted front and center so you have no one else to blame.

Now please go study what an ad-hom is and stop inappropriately alleging it. It would be nice for you to figure it out before ban number five+ happens.

Now speaking of coming back here and discussing things, the thread has a topic and as typical, I'll advance it and others will come along and make claims and accusations about those who advance it because killing the messenger is easier than addressing the claims.

We all recall that the letter you posted above is related to Stupak and his flipflop on the health care bill. Well some of us have long enough memories to recall that he had a previous position to flip from and was taking fire for that oh... the week prior.

Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.), the legislator who has led a group of House Democrats who oppose the Senate health care bill because of its abortion language, says his life has become a "living hell" because of the debate.

"All the phones are unplugged at our house -- tired of the obscene calls and threats," Stupak said in an interview with the Hill. His wife no longer watches television, he said, because of "people saying they're going to spit on you and all this. That's just not fun."

Interesting that when Stupak was holding to his pro-life position, and holding up the health bill while receiving threats and obscene calls, there was no rising tide of violence declare to be occurring then.

Of course there was and it is occurring. Stupak was intimidated out of his vote while others were bought out or additionally threatened out. The Democrats had to and have to engage in such actions when they engage in such extremism that a large number of their own party cannot vote for the bill. Between the threats, harassment, bribes, and payoffs, they managed to get the bill through but not before making the bribes all or nothing with threats of deeming the bill.

Those points will all be remembered in the next election. Nancy Pelosi and the ability to either join or Deemocracy or hate President Obama not help you get elected while watching other Democrats get jobs and kickbacks will be well remembered. Better still, there is proof of it and not just slow moving video excepts with an ominous narrator intoning over it.

post #136 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Uh huh. Backed by evidence you don't really have. Been over this trumpy.

It is amazing how you can forget an entire book and dozens of articles Jimmac.

I'm always happy to post part of it again though because that means new eyes will see the proof and new eyes won't buy those lies.

Also just a reminder, "proof" isn't what one heard down at the doughnut shop. We've been over this with you.

post #137 of 361
Quote:

It is amazing how you can forget an entire book and dozens of articles Jimmac.

I'm always happy to post part of it again though because that means new eyes will see the proof and new eyes won't buy those lies.

Also just a reminder, "proof" isn't what one heard down at the doughnut shop. We've been over this with you.

One guy's opinion doesn't cut it I'm afraid trumpy. It would be like my friend at work ( who's also an economics professor ). If he was they only one out there ( or even one of 10 ) it wouldn't be enough evidence. People just aren't flocking to this idea. Now do you understand? Let me guess probably not.

I'm sorry trumpy but in the scheme of things you don't have enough evidence. By the way I haven't been in a doughnut shop in years. However are you craving? Careful it might play havoc with that 40 year old waistline!
post #138 of 361
Well they can go back to the proper thread and see all the evidence. This thread is for a different discussion. Perhaps it would be nice to address the thread topic rather than just wandering from thread to thread with dismissals and accusations as you have been doing.

post #139 of 361
Quote:

Well they can go back to the proper thread and see all the evidence. This thread is for a different discussion. Perhaps it would be nice to address the thread topic rather than just wandering from thread to thread with dismissals and accusations as you have been doing.

Quote:
and see all the evidence.

Quote:
Perhaps it would be nice to address the thread topic rather than just wandering from thread to thread with dismissals and accusations as you have been doing

Oh heavens! I wouldn't want to derail a thread like some people do.
post #140 of 361
Another day, another example of left-wing hate.

Quote:
CALLER: Yes, uh. Yeah, Im glad, uh. the president passed healthcare, yeah. Funky-ass, racist-ass Republicans hate that, dont you? Jean [sic] Smith, when you got hit by that car or when you fell or whatever, you shouldve broke your back, b***h. You, and Boehner motherf***er, that Mitch McConnell all you racist f***ing Republicans. Why dont you just change yalls party name to racist? Cause if one of those little f***ing Teabaggers wouldve spit on me, I would have socked them in the f***ing face with my f***ing .09 mm. F*** all you racist motherf***ers.

Now I know this is hard for some to comprehend because profanity laced tirades are somewhat a norm from the left on here, but believe it or not, that is some violent imagery and hateful language. Worse still it was propagated by false claims and lies. We can be a bit relieved because all though they have and make mention of the gun, apparently they only plan to sock someone in the face with it.

No figurative language, no similies or metaphores, straight up violence. Just like the only racist incident at a tea party protest so far has been the unions beating up a black tea partier.

post #141 of 361
Quote:

Another day, another example of left-wing hate.

Now I know this is hard for some to comprehend because profanity laced tirades are somewhat a norm from the left on here, but believe it or not, that is some violent imagery and hateful language. Worse still it was propagated by false claims and lies. We can be a bit relieved because all though they have and make mention of the gun, apparently they only plan to sock someone in the face with it.

No figurative language, no similies or metaphores, straight up violence. Just like the only racist incident at a tea party protest so far has been the unions beating up a black tea partier.

The problem is that although there probably is some hate on the Left (there is a lot to hate on the Right; I am proud to hate racism, Islamophobia and general moronicism for example) this cannot be an example of it.

Let's break it down:

1) The caller here (and I think this is significant...wingers are obsessed with phone-ins) is clearly facing significant challenges in the areas of expression, vocabulary and grammatical syntax and the general rules of etiquette.

This should give one pause straight away: a phone-in talk show, a ranting caller, a distinct lack of grasp of English idiom, general frothing and ranting.

All unique hallmarks of the Right-wing...but let's suspend judgement awhile..

2) 'Teabaggers'. Suspicions were aroused with item 1 above but here they positively pulsate. It is almost a unique right-wing trait to take the name of a thing and to twist into a pejorative.

Clearly this is linked to a frustration with their inability to frame coherent arguments - we have seen this glaring clue in item 1 too. We might paraphrase Paul Gallico who said:

Quote:
No one can be as calculatedly rude as the British, which amazes Americans, who do not understand studied insult and can only offer abuse as a substitute.

Only re-applying this to right-wingers who do not seem to understand very much at all and revert to abuse as a default catch-all across the board.

3) Extreme violence. Wingers often claim that liberals are 'chickens' and 'peaceniks' and 'anti-war' (oddly meant as an insult as in that they are PRO war and anyone not wanting their head blown off by an IED is somehow lacking in something...what this 'something' might be is perhaps beyond the scope of this analysis but suffice to say that the words 'manhood', 'Freud' and 'big boy' figure large)....and yet...and yet...

Clearly, mixed up as wingers are, Liberals cannot both be ultra-violent and ultra-peaceful. It is a dilemma.

Fortunately though all we need to do to solve it is to look at the wingers themselves and assume that Liberals are the opposite....

When we do we find that this phraseology and content is 100% patented Right-wing.

4) The clincher..... f***ing .09 mm. F***

Now I don't know what a "f***ing .09 mm. F***" actually is but I assume it is some sort of weapon.

Why don't I know what it is? Well....I am a rabid Leftie. Were I a winger I would certainly know what it is...in fact I probably would have one stuffed down my trousers where my John Thomas should be, have a couple in the trunk of my hummer and have shares in the Company.

So there we have it.

I don't know what is sadder; the fact that WIngers now have to resort to ringing talk-showspretending to be 'libeerrulls', the fact they are so bad at it or the fact they even produce it like a rabbit out of a hat in public and try to convince people it means something...

Truly disturbing.

post #142 of 361
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

post #143 of 361
Kevin Jackson schools the liberal media complex.

Quote:
In addition to their uncanny ability to hear racist shouting apparently too high-pitched for recording equipment to capture, it would appear that, like all other super-heroes, Democrats also have super-genius super-villains who live to torment them, most particularly in times of political difficulty or when embroiled in some scandal. These brilliant folks are capable of making untraceable threatening phone calls (the FBI can easily have the local phone company identify a calling party), leaving threatening notes that apparently collapse into forensic confounding dust after being read and hurling bricks at plate glass windows without being detected by any security cameras.

Like the Democrats’ constant cries of racism whenever they encounter dissenting opinion, the claim to have received threats of violence and “Death Threats”, to be quickly and unskeptically repeated by friendly operatives in the nation’s media outlets is fast becoming a standard part of the Democrat M.O. to change the subject and get out of trouble. Republicans and Conservative activists are then brought in to face stern demands (sometimes not even thinly veiled as questions) by liberal talking heads to accept responsibility for their rhetoric “inciting” their followers to violence.

It’s very fortuitous that most of the Beltway Press Corps happens to be of the conviction that the typical Republican, someone they’ve never met, is a hair’s breadth away from raping, lynching, murdering and pillaging, isn’t it?

It's been several days now since the initial claims with regard to the right. Not a single person has been arrested. Not a single video example of the supposed racial slur has been found even with a $10,000 reward on the line and video proof that at least two entourage members where videotaping the entire walk.

The FBI is on the scene but apparently all those traced called disappear into the air, none of the bricks or other items had a single finger print on them. There wasn't a single security camera anywhere that appeared to catch a single person doing a single thing.

If someone really is found to be doing wrong from the right for political purposes, I'll condemn it. I've posted transcripts, videos and other evidence in this thread. It sure would be nice to see some evidence in the other thread though.

post #144 of 361
Quote:

The problem is that although there probably is some hate on the Left (there is a lot to hate on the Right; I am proud to hate racism, Islamophobia and general moronicism for example) this cannot be an example of it.

Let's break it down:

1) The caller here (and I think this is significant...wingers are obsessed with phone-ins) is clearly facing significant challenges in the areas of expression, vocabulary and grammatical syntax and the general rules of etiquette.

This should give one pause straight away: a phone-in talk show, a ranting caller, a distinct lack of grasp of English idiom, general frothing and ranting.

All unique hallmarks of the Right-wing...but let's suspend judgement awhile..

2) 'Teabaggers'. Suspicions were aroused with item 1 above but here they positively pulsate. It is almost a unique right-wing trait to take the name of a thing and to twist into a pejorative.

Clearly this is linked to a frustration with their inability to frame coherent arguments - we have seen this glaring clue in item 1 too. We might paraphrase Paul Gallico who said:

Only re-applying this to right-wingers who do not seem to understand very much at all and revert to abuse as a default catch-all across the board.

3) Extreme violence. Wingers often claim that liberals are 'chickens' and 'peaceniks' and 'anti-war' (oddly meant as an insult as in that they are PRO war and anyone not wanting their head blown off by an IED is somehow lacking in something...what this 'something' might be is perhaps beyond the scope of this analysis but suffice to say that the words 'manhood', 'Freud' and 'big boy' figure large)....and yet...and yet...

Clearly, mixed up as wingers are, Liberals cannot both be ultra-violent and ultra-peaceful. It is a dilemma.

Fortunately though all we need to do to solve it is to look at the wingers themselves and assume that Liberals are the opposite....

When we do we find that this phraseology and content is 100% patented Right-wing.

4) The clincher..... f***ing .09 mm. F***

Now I don't know what a "f***ing .09 mm. F***" actually is but I assume it is some sort of weapon.

Why don't I know what it is? Well....I am a rabid Leftie. Were I a winger I would certainly know what it is...in fact I probably would have one stuffed down my trousers where my John Thomas should be, have a couple in the trunk of my hummer and have shares in the Company.

So there we have it.

I don't know what is sadder; the fact that WIngers now have to resort to ringing talk-showspretending to be 'libeerrulls', the fact they are so bad at it or the fact they even produce it like a rabbit out of a hat in public and try to convince people it means something...

Truly disturbing.

What is disturbing to me is that you cannot see how it is possible for someone other than a right wing radical could hold the views spewed by the caller. You have some serious blinders on. Because you do not know what he is talking about, he obviously cannot be associated with any form of what you believe. Black and white. Why can you not admit, he might be a left wing radical, who fits the stereotype of a slightly incomprehensible radicalized person that does not know a better way to get his ideas across than spewing profanity and (hopefully) impotent threats.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #145 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

What is disturbing to me is that you cannot see how it is possible for someone other than a right wing radical could hold the views spewed by the caller. You have some serious blinders on. Because you do not know what he is talking about, he obviously cannot be associated with any form of what you believe. Black and white. Why can you not admit, he might be a left wing radical, who fits the stereotype of a slightly incomprehensible radicalized person that does not know a better way to get his ideas across than spewing profanity and (hopefully) impotent threats.

I know Left Wing Radicals. I've lived with Left Wing Radicals.

To put it succinctly: I AM a Left Wing Radical.

Trust me...that was no Left-Wing radical.
post #146 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Just give up on Seg. As you note, the definitions seem to leave words and wander into that oh so wonderful intent game. The entire response is nothing more than speculations about intentions in an attempt to ignore the actions. The very purpose of the intent game is to ignore reality.

Big Government has a very interesting article about Code Pink and their very radical elements.

Quote:
These Code Pink Democrats have also worked with terrorists including Hamas, Hezbollah, the Taliban, Sunni terrorists in Iraq and the father of Islamic terrorism: the Muslim Brotherhood. The Code Pink Democrats have bragged about giving cash and humanitarian aid to terrorists who target Americans, Israelis and free Iraqis.

The Code Pink Democrats publicly endorsed the terrorists in Iraq in 2005 at the World Tribunal on Iraq.

There is widespread opposition to the occupation. Political, social, and civil resistance through peaceful means is subjected to repression by the occupying forces. It is the occupation and its brutality that has provoked a strong armed resistance and certain acts of desperation. By the principles embodied in the UN Charter and in international law, the popular national resistance to the occupation is legitimate and justified. It deserves the support of people everywhere who care for justice and freedom.

Jodie Evans also gave her personal endorsement of the terrorists killing our soldiers:

We must begin by really standing with the Iraqi people and defending their right to resist. I can remain myself against all forms of violence, and yet I cannot judge what someone has to do when pushed to the wall to protect all they love. The Iraqi people are fighting for their country, to protect their families and to preserve all they love. They are fighting for their lives, and we are fighting for lies. (AlterNet, June 26, 2005)

While the Democrat Party complains about Republicans saying things like You lie! and Baby killer! on the House floor, at least the Republicans have the courage to speak for themselves. Democrats have given special Congressional access to members of the Code Pink Democrats so they could disrupt President Bushs second inaugural address, a speech to Congress by Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki and assault Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

Note the many, many links to actual video of said actions.

post #147 of 361
Quote:

I know Left Wing Radicals. I've lived with Left Wing Radicals.

To put it succinctly: I AM a Left Wing Radical.

Trust me...that was no Left-Wing radical.

I'm a bit confused. Is the claim that no left-wing radical can or has used weapons to bring about the result they desire or is it merely they would never use a weapon as small as a 9mm?

post #148 of 361
Quote:

I'm a bit confused. Is the claim that no left-wing radical can or has used weapons to bring about the result they desire or is it merely they would never use a weapon as small as a 9mm?

No...we use far worse ones....I have here as we speak a banned Weapon of Mass Destruction that could see me thrown in jail without trial.

We have lots of them to be honest...actually they are the only weapons we have more of...

We call them 'brains'.
post #149 of 361
Quote:

These Code Pink Democrats have also worked with terrorists including Hamas, Hezbollah, the Taliban, Sunni terrorists in Iraq and the father of Islamic terrorism: the Muslim Brotherhood. The Code Pink Democrats have bragged about giving cash and humanitarian aid to terrorists who target Americans, Israelis and free Iraqis.

Wait....the Repubs have 'worked with' the Taleban.... they are 'working with' (well, helping them blow up innocent civilians anyway) Sunni terrorists now in Iran...

They've worked with terrorists all over..... how was that different?
post #150 of 361
Quote:

No...we use far worse ones....I have here as we speak a banned Weapon of Mass Destruction that could see me thrown in jail without trial.

We have lots of them to be honest...actually they are the only weapons we have more of...

We call them 'brains'.

Yes of course! The superior race always is deemed smarter than the subhuman whom they so easily put to death with no remorse. Thanks for clarifying that for us.

Quote:

Wait....the Repubs have 'worked with' the Taleban.... they are 'working with' (well, helping them blow up innocent civilians anyway) Sunni terrorists now in Iran...

They've worked with terrorists all over..... how was that different?

It can't be the same. There can be no equivalence by the reasoning you've put forward. The claim from you is that the left is incapable of the action. If they are left and engage in the action, they thus instantly become right wing. When we remind you that Castro came to power by violent revolution or that "Che" Guevara engaged in guerrilla warfare, they become right wing. The only reasoning is that they aren't "true leftists" like yourself.

Hey but back to the thread topic. Someone's actually got to address it and since there is no refutation of any of the information given, it of course stands.

Patterico.com

In recent days, Brown has been saying that he is concerned about the violence that he believes Sarah Palin is fostering.

So, he is threatening to kill Sarah Palin and her family.

I had hoped to post about 20 screenshots from this guys Twitter account, but with the technical work being done on the site I find myself suddenly unable to upload images. So I will just quote you the messages. He posted most of them tonight, and they include messages like this:

@sEaTtLe_MeTrO Death 2 Palin family them retarded hillbillies take teabaggers w/ you hateful bitch

and this:

We cant expect gov to intervene we must shoot Gen. Palin on site be 4 her troops strike again!

and this:

@interactionswst one word racism choose sides plain and simply that bitch Palin launch an attack, she need 2 b shot on site!

and this:

@Palin360 you need 2 b assassinated soon we ll settle 4 one of the family if not u!

and this:

maybe it takes a murder or 2 2 get the point across take aim at radical TP members

and this:

@BRIANGLAD Palin will b met with gunfire her or her family

and this:

@SarahStormRpt u need 2 be shot on site startin that racist Tp shit, all you all do is promo violence dont cry when some kill u basterds

and this:

IS Sarah Palin still alive, please feel free 2 domecheck that bitch! she will look good in tha box the TP left on someones lawn

and this:

Yeah shorty i know soon as a bitch get killed bout a lie then ppl gone realize how stupid n lack info can get u hurt TP fuckin wit fire

and this:

@Southfive her map w crosshair need to b put on her family she that bitch can die or a TP supporter

and this:

Does Palin really want what she ask 4? we ll see after death strikes i guess no pose 2 see her rhetoric,it can b dangerous. but who cares!

and this:

i got 2 go see how many more targets Gen. Palin got mapped out that bitch gone get or someone i hope its GOP one of them racist fuckers

and this:

THe street gangs of america can take on the teabaggers and Palin. TP is callin 4 war just shoot any TP associates and family MS13 BITCHES!

and this:

I cant wait till someone serious hurt that bitch Palin or one of her children soon she out of control!

and this:

@Oplis the ppl of color have been wait n 4 no one can agree on history so suggest the Palin plan let roll!ms13 will take care of that bitch

and this:

Palin came 2 lower 48 2 start a civil divide this could b the moment of truth 4 americans 2 put her down

and this:

i encourage ppl 2 meet the TP wit the same acts of violence Palin instructs them 2 do we need 2 harass them 2 their racist graves

and this:

#hcr proof that Palin targeted Va. rep. w/ her map and someone followed up we have 2 stop this terrorist name Sarah someone please kill her!

Damn violent teabaggers!

For some reason this one seems particularly ominous:

Does anyone have that alaskan address 4 the Palins?

We could of course remind folks that someone attempted to burn down the church that Palin attends while people were still inside it, but really that would just be piling on at this point.

post #151 of 361
Wow, they are coming so fast and furious. The LEFT is completely UNHINGED and becoming worse by the day.

Mike Malloy calls for the deaths of Beck, Limbaugh and O'Reilly.

post #152 of 361
Quote:

Wow, they are coming so fast and furious. The LEFT is completely UNHINGED and becoming worse by the day.

I'll bet he's not the first!

Well I don't think it's ok to advocate violence on the media by anyone. The guy sounds like a radical. Who is he again? He does make a good point that the right in their indignation over losing this fight are making such a fuss that they run the risk of stirring up people with little or no grip on reality or control. You know they type. Politicians that think it's ok to yell insults while the national goverment is in session. How does this compare with a congressman on the house floor yelling " Baby Killer "?
post #153 of 361
Quote:

You mean that the left should also be Locked and Loaded as much as the Radical Right Racists?

Because that's an impossibly high standard to attain.

Buying thousands and thousands of guns and millions and millions of bullets for each and every one of us lefties and still being orders of magnitude less population-wise and gun-wise and bullet-wise.

It would be our Waterloo.

Please don't kill us.

We know you're all mad as heck and what all, after getting healthcare for all passed and what all.

But please don't kill us.

As we could never be as Locked and Loaded as you all are, or ever will be.

So please don't kill us.
post #154 of 361
Quote:

That sounded fine and certainly not in any way threatening to me. What did he say that you found so offensive? Please quote him.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #155 of 361
The double standard is more than revolting.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #156 of 361
Quote:

How many Republican leaders have been threatened by name or had their property vandalised in the last week? How many people with Tea Party bumper stickers have been shunted by SUVs in the last week? How many extreme left blogs are calling for vandalism and publishing the home addresses of politicians? And then refusing to take them down if they're incorrect since they are "collateral damage"?

If I haven't listened to this link. Perhaps you'd like to provide quotes?

If he's calling for these Republican leaders (Beck and Rush) to be killed then I condemn it, absolutely. Even though that's more than you're prepared to do. Despite being asked, repeatedly.

There is no "rising tide" of left wing violence. There IS a rising tide of right violence. Which you refuse to condemn.

I condemn this. Do you condemn the Stupak phone call? Or the 'SS' document? Or the vandalism?
post #157 of 361
I can spend all day condemning the odd exception to the rule. However as others have said, the double-standard here is appauling by those on the left. Not only is there a rising tide of left-wing extremism and violence, it is totally accepted and mainstream on the left. Where is the right equivalent of Keith Olbermann calling Michelle Malkin a bag of meat? Where is the right equivalent of the Playboy list of who you want to hate f*ck aka rape?

Could the right even engage in what I posted here, a caricature of Obama being pummelled with shoes or something similar without it being decried as violent racism? Of course not.

The examples I've listed have actual people attributed to them. We know who they are and where they stand. It is not the intent game. Also sending someone $3 isn't violent. Vandalism isn't terrorism but the left equates the two for political gain and that is just sick and wrong.

post #158 of 361
Quote:

I can spend all day condemning the odd exception to the rule..

Alternatively, you can start a thread called "The rising tide of left wing violence" SPECIFICALLY DEVOTED to finding and listing every "example to the rule" you can find to prove that "the left" is "unhinged". But that's OK. You're doing it.

I just wonder what it would finally take for you to accept that your team has a problem with violence. Vandalism, threats, violence in the streets, the distribution of hateful documents and blogs specifically calling for violence? That's cool. They're all "exceptions".

So what will it take? What if someone actually shoots a congressman? No, that'll be "an exception", right?

So when a jet plane is hijacked by radicalised Egyptians and Saudis and flown into an iconic building, is THAT an "exception"? What does it take? What if someone tries to shoot the president? Will you agree you have a fucking problem then?

You spend far too much time in consideration of the uses of words to win victories that rob you of dignity.

You should have been a lawyer, not a teacher.
post #159 of 361
Quote:

I can spend all day condemning the odd exception to the rule. However as others have said, the double-standard here is appauling by those on the left. Not only is there a rising tide of left-wing extremism and violence, it is totally accepted and mainstream on the left. Where is the right equivalent of Keith Olbermann calling Michelle Malkin a bag of meat? Where is the right equivalent of the Playboy list of who you want to hate f*ck aka rape?

Could the right even engage in what I posted here, a caricature of Obama being pummelled with shoes or something similar without it being decried as violent racism? Of course not.

The examples I've listed have actual people attributed to them. We know who they are and where they stand. It is not the intent game. Also sending someone $3 isn't violent. Vandalism isn't terrorism but the left equates the two for political gain and that is just sick and wrong.

Quote:
It is not the intent game.

No it's not. It's another case of PPD. Wanting your " side " to win to the point of advocating violence is wrong for either the right or the left. However that being said the response from the right and republicans has been spilling over with this attitude. There is no good comparison because it's been so consistantly prevalent. They just can't stand the fact that the country is choosing not to go with their ideology. So much so they choose to cross the line almost all of the time. So it's really noticable. This really will translate into votes for someone else in the fall.

So in summary by trying too hard to avoid what they fear most they're making it happen.
post #160 of 361
There was a time when left-wing violence was the rule - the 1960s and 1970s. There were bombings, kidnappings, and vandalism, in the name of left-wing principles. Bill Ayers, supposedly Obama's buddy in Chicago, was a bona fide left-wing terrorist.

Now we're in an era of right wing violence - bombing of the OK city federal building, driving a plane into the Texas IRS building, assassinating doctors, bombing the Atlanta Olympics, not to mention all the minor incidents like we've seen this past week.

The Department of Homeland Security warned last year that this trend would start to rise again with Obama running for president.

That doesn't mean that there aren't exaggerations and counter-examples, but there are clear historical trends, and this is one of them.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence