or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence - Page 6

post #201 of 361
Muster Outside DC 4-19-2010

Quote:
Permit approved by National Park Service for Restore the Constitution rally

What: "Restore the Constitution" rally/ Muster Outside D.C held at a firearms carry legal location as close to DC as possible.
When: 9AM-5PM, April 19th, 2010 (monday)
Where: Ft. Hunt National Park, Northern VA
Why: Ask yourself: "Is the Constitution really being followed anymore?"

Details: Staging area will be Ft. Hunt National Park, located about 12 miles south of DC. Participants will gather there, and a speaking program will be provided. From there, participants will have the opportunity to travel in small convoys up to Gravelly Point Park so they can "step up to the edge." Gravelly Point Park is right on the Potomac, about a mile from the National Mall in DC.

The mission of the “Restore the Constitution” rally is that it be held at a firearms carry-legal location as close to DC as possible and that it attracts as many participants as possible in order to underscore the seriousness and urgency of a simple message: Restore the Constitution!

They will definitely be Locked and Loaded.

Second Amendment March

They would also be Locked and Loaded, if it were at all possible, but for the given location (kind of close to The White House, if you know what I mean), and NPS rules.

Tea Party Nation

Quote:
Tea Party Nation (or TPN) is a user-driven group of like-minded people who desire our God given Individual Freedoms which were written out by the Founding Fathers. We believe in Limited Government, Free Speech, the 2nd Amendment, slavery, our Military, Secure Borders and our Country!

Please join us, make and form strong bombs, network, and make plans for action. We are doing what we could not do alone, to preserve that which we value.

Obviously the Constitution as written by our Founding Fathers permitted slavery;

Quote:
Delegates to the Constitutional Convention of 1787 hotly debated the issue of slavery. George Mason of Virginia argued eloquently against slavery, warning his fellow delegates:

"Every master of slaves is born a petty tyrant. They bring the judgment of heaven on a country. As nations cannot be rewarded or punished in the next world, they must be in this. By an inevitable chain of causes and effects, providence punishes national sins by national calamities."

Southern delegates, on the other hand, argued strenuously that the new government should not be allowed to interfere with the institution of slavery. Delegate John Rutledge of South Carolina, for example, told delegates that "religion and humanity have nothing to do with the questions" of whether the Constitution should protect slavery--it was simply a question of property rights.

The Constitution that the delegates proposed included several provisions that explicity recognized and protected slavery. Without these provisions, southern delegates would not support the new Constitution--and without the southern states on board, the Constitution had no chance of being ratified. Provisions allowed southern states to count slaves as 3/5 persons for purposes of apportionment in Congress (even though the slaves could not, of course, vote), expressly denied to Congress the power to prohibit importation of new slaves until 1808, and prevented free states from enacting laws protecting fugitive slaves.

Slavery, as all students of history know, continued to be a divisive issue up through the Civil War. Southern states worried that the balance in Congress might tip against slavery, and so were anxious to extend slavery to new territories and states. The Missouri Compromise of 1820 (enacted at a time when slave states and non-slave states had equal representation in the Senate) permitted slavery in Missouri, but prohibited slavery in portions of the Louisiana purchase north of 36°30'.

The Supreme Court, in its infamous decision in Dred Scott v Sandford (1857), ruled that Congress lacked the power to prohibit slavery in its territories. In so doing, Scott v Sandford invited slave owners to pour into the territories and pass pro-slavery constitutions. The decision made the Civil War inevitable. Chief Justice Roger Taney, writing for the majority in Scott, also concluded that people of African ancestry (whether free or a slave, including Scott) could never become "citizens" within the meaning of the Constitution, and hence lacked the ability to bring suit in federal court.

Quote:
The Constitution and Slavery:
Provisions in the Original Constitution

Article I, Section. 2 [Slaves count as 3/5 persons]

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons [i.e., slaves].

Article I, Section. 9, clause 1. [No power to ban slavery until 1808]

The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

Article IV, Section. 2. [Free states cannot protect slaves]

No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, but shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due.

Article V [No Constitutional Amendment to Ban Slavery Until 1808]

...No Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #202 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Obviously the Constitution as written by our Founding Fathers permitted slavery;

What's your point?

Is it that since the document was imperfect in some respects (some of which have been fixed) as originally written that we should just ignore the whole thing?

Or is that people who advocate for returning to adherence to the constitution must be racists and want to re-institute slavery?

Seriously, what's your point?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #203 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

What's your point?

Is it that since the document was imperfect in some respects (some of which have been fixed) as originally written that we should just ignore the whole thing?

Or is that people who advocate for returning to adherence to the constitution must be racists and want to re-institute slavery?

Seriously, what's your point?

It's intended to be a very long running series in this thread, the above is the 3rd installment.

To infinity and beyond!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #204 of 361
"Lt. Col. Terry Lakin, an Army physician, has refused to obey any orders from his commanding officers -- including President Obama -- until Obama produces his birth certificate."
~ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_521549.html
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #205 of 361
Thread Starter 
Let him make his point MJ1970. I want him to keep digging. Let him make a very strong case that the SPLC labels anyone who believes in the Constitution and who considers themselves a patriot to be a hateful racist.

He doesn't realize he is doing more to discredit them in pleading their case than we could ever do in actually engaging the information. People keep thinking of the SPLC as this group from the mid-70's that took on the KKK. Frank is showing exactly what they are about in 2010 and is going at it loud and proud.

Let's just stay out of his way as he digs this nice hol..... I mean presents this wonderful information about how bad all these folks are who believe in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and America happen to be.

See if you and I said these folks really hate America and Americans, it'd be declared just politics.

So... please... PLEASE..... PLEASE let Frank keep making his case.

I'm looking forward to the other installments Frank. Please keep showing how anyone who is a white male, or owns a gun, or who has served in the military is really a danger to society. Please make sure they know that the SPLC and the Democratic party don't want them or their votes at all.

(crossing fingers)

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #206 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Let him make his point MJ1970. I want him to keep digging. Let him make a very strong case that the SPLC labels anyone who believes in the Constitution and who considers themselves a patriot to be a hateful racist.

He doesn't realize he is doing more to discredit them in pleading their case than we could ever do in actually engaging the information. People keep thinking of the SPLC as this group from the mid-70's that took on the KKK. Frank is showing exactly what they are about in 2010 and is going at it loud and proud.

Let's just stay out of his way as he digs this nice hol..... I mean presents this wonderful information about how bad all these folks are who believe in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and America happen to be.

See if you and I said these folks really hate America and Americans, it'd be declared just politics.

So... please... PLEASE..... PLEASE let Frank keep making his case.

I'm looking forward to the other installments Frank. Please keep showing how anyone who is a white male, or owns a gun, or who has served in the military is really a danger to society. Please make sure they know that the SPLC and the Democratic party don't want them or their votes at all.

(crossing fingers)

And this coming from the guy who would rather see us in dire economic times as long as it meant Obama was a failure ( remember the question you couldn't/wouldn't answer? ).

Keep it up trumptman please! The right is only digging itself deeper and deeper by showing how they really feel. Also this could mean we are closer to real Republican reform than ever when the powers that be see what this extreme attitude is doing to them.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #207 of 361


Baggers Gone Wild

So with all these "patriots" running around DC between April 15-19, 2010, I'm assuming that Obama will be OCONUS.

Please try not to hurt anyone while under the influence of your fellow Locked and Loaded wingnutians.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #208 of 361
Another Tearrorist attack?

"ARLINGTON, Va. - The Pentagon City Metro station is closed because of a suspicious package and bomb threat at the station in Arlington.

Metro spokeswoman Cathy Asato says Metro Transit Police are investigating the incident. It started about 5:30 p.m. Saturday.

Trains are turning around on either side of Pentagon City on the blue and yellow lines. Metro is working to set up shuttle bus service between L'Enfant Plaza and Crystal City and between Arlington Cemetery and Crystal City. Shuttle service may not be running for some time, though.

Asato says Metro is already busy with large crowds at the cherry blossom festival and for a Washington Nationals game, so riders should expect some delays."
~ http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bal...,3797452.story
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #209 of 361
Thread Starter 
Nope, just a 'suspicious' package. Perhaps try to wait for real events and when the parties are properly assigned, put them in the proper thread? That would be nice.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #210 of 361
Thread Starter 
Just some more non-news because there isn't a D next to the name and of course the media knows the information wouldn't fit the narrative they are pushing



Quote:
A Google News search on "Marion brick (not in quotes) returns the Marion Star story as the only relevant link. Columbus Dispatch searches return nothing for "Marion brick" and "Marion GOP" (both not in quotes).

The double standard in reporting couldn't be more obvious.

Also a bit more on the fake hate crime smears, Breitbart upped the reward for proof up to $100k and a large number of calls for proof to the offices of those making the claims have been made and not returned.

Fake hate crimes to move an agenda. No surprises there.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #211 of 361
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #212 of 361
More of the growing right wing violence just revealed-

"A Washington state man has been charged with threatening to kill Democratic Sen. Patty Murray over her support for health care reform.

Court documents say federal agents arrested Charles Alan Wilson in Yakima on Tuesday.

An FBI agent's probable cause statement says Murray's office in Seattle reported the threats, which were left on voice mail from a blocked telephone number. Agents say they traced the calls to Wilson's home in Selah, near Yakima.

Murray's office told the FBI it had been receiving harassing messages from the caller for months, but they became more threatening as Congress was voting on health care legislation.

Excerpts of the expletive-laced messages transcribed in court documents show the caller saying he wanted to kill the senator, and it would just take one piece of lead."
~ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_527328.html

And this attack from earlier- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5pdwTQ4xA8
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #213 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

More of the growing right wing violence just revealed-

"A Washington state man has been charged with threatening to kill Democratic Sen. Patty Murray over her support for health care reform.

Court documents say federal agents arrested Charles Alan Wilson in Yakima on Tuesday.

An FBI agent's probable cause statement says Murray's office in Seattle reported the threats, which were left on voice mail from a blocked telephone number. Agents say they traced the calls to Wilson's home in Selah, near Yakima.

Murray's office told the FBI it had been receiving harassing messages from the caller for months, but they became more threatening as Congress was voting on health care legislation.

Excerpts of the expletive-laced messages transcribed in court documents show the caller saying he wanted to kill the senator, and it would just take one piece of lead."
~ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_527328.html

And this attack from earlier- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5pdwTQ4xA8

Wilson has a .38-caliber revolver registered to him and has a concealed carry permit for it, Woodbury wrote.

To confirm Wilson was the caller, one agent telephoned him and posed as a member of a group working to repeal the health care legislation, the statement said.

According to a excerpt of the conversation, Wilson confirmed he repeatedly called Murray as well as Washington's other Democratic senator, Maria Cantwell. He then stated: "I do pack, and I will not blink when I'm confronted. ... It's not a threat, it's a guarantee."
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #214 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Wilson has a .38-caliber revolver registered to him and has a concealed carry permit for it, Woodbury wrote.

To confirm Wilson was the caller, one agent telephoned him and posed as a member of a group working to repeal the health care legislation, the statement said.

According to a excerpt of the conversation, Wilson confirmed he repeatedly called Murray as well as Washington's other Democratic senator, Maria Cantwell. He then stated: "I do pack, and I will not blink when I'm confronted. ... It's not a threat, it's a guarantee."

That guy is a complete and total idiot. He deserves anything he has coming to him.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #215 of 361
Thread Starter 
Another leftist group praying for the death of a Republican politician, no surprise there.

Quote:
"Dear Lord this year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson, and my favorite salesman, Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know that Chris Christie is my favorite governor."

I'm sure the FBI will be investigating and I'm also sure the SPLC already has the NJ NEA association and all members of it listed as a hate group.

If they did that would be this thing finally cutting both ways.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #216 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Another leftist group praying for the death of a Republican politician, no surprise there.



I'm sure the FBI will be investigating and I'm also sure the SPLC already has the NJ NEA association and all members of it listed as a hate group.

If they did that would be this thing finally cutting both ways.

No Leftie is ever going to have Farah as a favourite actress - and wtf? A favourite salesman????????

Right...Che and Mao had one of those too....

You could just about believe this - if you'd had too much to smoke maybe but a Leftie PRAYING???? WTF??????

And they sure as hell wouldn't be saying 'Lord' which is a abominable form of submissive abnegation and self-denigration which is probably unique to winger fundies.

This is clearly another wing-nut fake mash-up.

What is it with these wingers? They are so tied-in to their mindset that they cannot even dissimulate when they construct some fake to discredit the opposition when they have no other tool in the box.

If they were intelligent enough to actually know about art they might try to fake a Picasso but it would be easy to spot because it would be a stick-man drawing.

With a gun in one hand and a US flag in the other and 'pikasow' scawled along the bottom.

Luckily most of them don't know who Picasso was so we're probably ok.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #217 of 361
Thread Starter 
Please see my very appropriate response in the Tea Party Smears thread.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #218 of 361
Thread Starter 
http://azstarnet.com/news/state-and-...77531be02.html

Quote:
Investigators are trying to find out who threw a flammable device at the home of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's chief spokesman.

Paul Senseman's wife called police around 8 a.m. Monday to report finding a bottle that officers are describing as a molotov cocktail.

Peoria police spokesman Mike Tellef says the device hit the garage door and caused minor cosmetic damage but did not ignite the house or garage.

Police are unsure whether Senseman's house was specifically targeted because of his work for Brewer.

Senseman says "everyone is fine" and praised the work of police.

Special Agent Thomas Mangan of the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives says federal agents are assisting Peoria Police and the Arizona Department of Public Safety in their investigation of the incident.

Clearly this must be the work of the coffee party.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #219 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Clearly this must be the work of the coffee party.

Actually it could well be...... the Right are well known for fabricating incidents alleged to be the handiwork of the Left when no such convenient incident exists.

The fact that no damage was caused is also highly suggestive.

If I was throwing a Molotov you'd definitely know about it well before you got the repair bill.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #220 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Actually it could well be...... the Right are well known for fabricating incidents alleged to be the handiwork of the Left when no such convenient incident exists.

The fact that no damage was caused is also highly suggestive.

If I was throwing a Molotov you'd definitely know about it well before you got the repair bill.

Thank you for letting us know you are a better terrorist than the right wingers are. That is very helpful...
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #221 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Thank you for letting us know you are a better terrorist than the right wingers are. That is very helpful...

Typical winger 'logic' - not everyone who uses violence is a terrorist.

As I recall you aren't exactly the Imitation of Christ as regards denouncing violence from some quarters yourself so probably best not to actually elevate a double-standard.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #222 of 361
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Typical winger 'logic' - not everyone who uses violence is a terrorist.

As I recall you aren't exactly the Imitation of Christ as regards denouncing violence from some quarters yourself so probably best not to actually elevate a double-standard.

The reasoning is still very odd. The claim the left-wing does not use violence but when they do, it is very effective violence because they are expects at it but still don't use it.

Meanwhile the right is apparently not at all experts at using violence even while the claim is that they engage in it continually.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #223 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The reasoning is still very odd. The claim the left-wing does not use violence but when they do, it is very effective violence because they are expects at it but still don't use it.

Meanwhile the right is apparently not at all experts at using violence even while the claim is that they engage in it continually.

Quote:
it is very effective violence because they are expects at it

Who says? You?

I wouldn't exactly call you an expert on this subject as you seem extremely partisan due to the nature of your previous posts ( or lack thereof ).
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #224 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The reasoning is still very odd. The claim the left-wing does not use violence but when they do, it is very effective violence because they are expects at it but still don't use it.

Meanwhile the right is apparently not at all experts at using violence even while the claim is that they engage in it continually.

That wasn't the claim though....the only odd thing is why you can't seem to comprehend very clearly stated and reasoned arguments.

The claim was: when ANYONE uses violence it is to destroy the opponent or their property to a certain degree - in cases where such property and persons emerge unscathed it leaves the door open to questioning the nature and allegiance of the perpetrator.

Seems clear enough...
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #225 of 361
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Who says? You?

I wouldn't exactly call you an expert on this subject as you seem extremely partisan due to the nature of your previous posts ( or lack thereof ).

Yes and likewise you fail to see how that is an argument against the man, aka an ad-hom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

That wasn't the claim though....the only odd thing is why you can't seem to comprehend very clearly stated and reasoned arguments.

Perhaps if some clearly stated and reasoned arguments were offered, then they could be understood. However this twisted reasong where all real violence is right-wing and even left-wing becomes right wing because only YOU know left wing, and that isn't left wing and likewise you as the true left wing know how to perfectly and expertly render that seldom used violence, just doesn't make sense at all.

Quote:
The claim was: when ANYONE uses violence it is to destroy the opponent or their property to a certain degree - in cases where such property and persons emerge unscathed it leaves the door open to questioning the nature and allegiance of the perpetrator.

Seems clear enough...

Except there the proof for that assertion would be prior examples, not claims of expertise. You are claiming a pattern using expertise, not the pattern.

Sorry that isn't clear to you.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #226 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yes and likewise you fail to see how that is an argument against the man, aka an ad-hom.



Perhaps if some clearly stated and reasoned arguments were offered, then they could be understood. However this twisted reasong where all real violence is right-wing and even left-wing becomes right wing because only YOU know left wing, and that isn't left wing and likewise you as the true left wing know how to perfectly and expertly render that seldom used violence, just doesn't make sense at all.



Except there the proof for that assertion would be prior examples, not claims of expertise. You are claiming a pattern using expertise, not the pattern.

Sorry that isn't clear to you.

Quote:
Yes and likewise you fail to see how that is an argument against the man, aka an ad-hom.


Well I did use the word " Seem " which is not drawing a conclusion. However you've called me partisan just recently yourself.

Quote:
Take of your PDD blinders Jimmac

I assume you meant off.

Or was it the not an expert comment? Because since this is a forum on the internet all I have to go on is the content of your posts ( or lack thereof ).
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #227 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Typical winger 'logic' - not everyone who uses violence is a terrorist.

As I recall you aren't exactly the Imitation of Christ as regards denouncing violence from some quarters yourself so probably best not to actually elevate a double-standard.

It was your own logic sir. I was simply mirroring it back to you with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I figured you had a well enough developed sense of humor that you would detect it with the greatest of ease. I believe that I have made the exact assertion to people as well. Not everyone who uses violence is a terrorist. Glad we agree... Somewhat.

As for the second portion of your post, your knowledge of me is limited to what I am willing to share with you. Anything else is a fantasy or concoction of your own, seemingly quite fertile, imagination. If I want to denounce violence, I will do it. Your perception of me does not define me except in your own mind.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #228 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

It was your own logic sir. I was simply mirroring it back to you with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I figured you had a well enough developed sense of humor that you would detect it with the greatest of ease.

Apparently not.

Quote:
I believe that I have made the exact assertion to people as well. Not everyone who uses violence is a terrorist. Glad we agree... Somewhat.

We agree but I'd go further - and you might not want to join me in this leap -I actually think that no-one really is a terrorist...it is the fault of the sheep for being so scared.

The only people really causing them 'terror' in the true sense are their own governments. After all, what is at stake is merely the loss of their comfortable and false lifestyles... something pretty worthless in the main.

They might lose their lives also - but philosophy and religion addresses the meaninglessness of that - and even then, it is statistically unlikely. No real reason to be terrified at all - except the incessant brainwashing of our 'leaders'.

Quote:
As for the second portion of your post, your knowledge of me is limited to what I am willing to share with you. Anything else is a fantasy or concoction of your own, seemingly quite fertile, imagination. If I want to denounce violence, I will do it. Your perception of me does not define me except in your own mind.

Actually this is not the case. Most people are more perceptive than you think and me more than average hahah. My knowledge of you is in no way limited to what you choose to share...in fact what you choose NOT to share is often far more enlightening.

You are an interesting case for observation I concede..far more so than most on your side of the fence. You are right though...my perception of you of course does not define you (but by the same token of me knowing you how do you know what my perception is?) but that is something different...you define yourself - we all do.

That's how we know where each other is coming from. Let's not kid ourselves..none of us are really very special or different (well, not in a positive sense) we're all pretty pedestrian and predictable.

Especially Trumpt
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #229 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Apparently not.

Is that a chink in your highly perceptive persona there?

Quote:
We agree but I'd go further - and you might not want to join me in this leap -I actually think that no-one really is a terrorist...it is the fault of the sheep for being so scared.

The only people really causing them 'terror' in the true sense are their own governments. After all, what is at stake is merely the loss of their comfortable and false lifestyles... something pretty worthless in the main.

They might lose their lives also - but philosophy and religion addresses the meaninglessness of that - and even then, it is statistically unlikely. No real reason to be terrified at all - except the incessant brainwashing of our 'leaders'.

I suppose you could look at it that way. Does not matter in the course of this discussion right now though.

Quote:
Actually this is not the case. Most people are more perceptive than you think and me more than average hahah. My knowledge of you is in no way limited to what you choose to share...in fact what you choose NOT to share is often far more enlightening.

Really? So if I was simply posting random links and never posted more about myself at all you would know more about me than if I did? (I know I have posted more than this, just wondering how far the assertion travels...) Impressive, you must have ESPn...

Quote:
You are an interesting case for observation I concede..far more so than most on your side of the fence. You are right though...my perception of you of course does not define you (but by the same token of me knowing you how do you know what my perception is?) but that is something different...you define yourself - we all do.

That's how we know where each other is coming from. Let's not kid ourselves..none of us are really very special or different (well, not in a positive sense) we're all pretty pedestrian and predictable.

Especially Trumpt

Opinion noted...

People are more distinct than you give them credit for, an unwillingness to see what is special about every person leads to a general attitude of nonchalance about your fellow man that is so prevalent nowadays. Focus on self, me me me.... \
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #230 of 361
Thread Starter 
The left protesting against this bill managed to engage in every action, real or imagined, they accused the tea party of doing, all in one week end.

Claims of Nazism, finding and beating counter protesters, and a riot.
Clearly the left is out of control.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #231 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The left protesting against this bill managed to engage in every action, real or imagined, they accused the tea party of doing, all in one week end.

Claims of Nazism, finding and beating counter protesters, and a riot.
Clearly the left is out of control.

I can't really reply to this as in a strange sense of deja vu it seems encrypted in some sort of glyph....

However one thing is bothering me and I need to put it on the record: it concerns your sig - you need to change it back to Ayn Rand. I was wrong in criticizing you before for choosing her - you are definitely a symbiotic pairing and you need to go back to her and you need to do it now.

A person needs to EARN THE RIGHT to quote Nietzsche in a sig.

You can't buy it. You can't just check you've got his name spelt right and head via Google to 'Quote of the Day'.

You can't just see it typed in some right-wing blog and cut and paste.

YOU HAVE TO EARN IT.

And that means reading Nietzsche. That means feeling empathy with Nietzsche. It could also mean knowing a little German and certainly having a familiarity with his weltanschauung (see what I did there?) and the German philosophical tradition. It could even mean Wagner.

And you do not have this. If you knew any of it then you would not even want it - it is difficult to think of anything that more characterizes everything that Nietzsche hated, despised and wanted to destroy than the so-called 'ideology' of the US Right.

One glimpse of the context of your quote will expose the depth of your error here: it occurs in "Beyond Good and EVIL" (there's a clue right there) and this book is mainly concerned with the need to reject the Xian morality on which the Right base their politics.

There's no point in asking what you understand by the abyss quote (please don't tell me, please, let me live in ignorance) but here is another related one from the same book as a clue - very prophetic and looking forward to our own time:

Quote:
"The time for petty politics is past: the very next century will bring with it the struggle for mastery over the whole earth"
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #232 of 361
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I can't really reply to this as in a strange sense of deja vu it seems encrypted in some sort of glyph....

However one thing is bothering me and I need to put it on the record: it concerns your sig - you need to change it back to Ayn Rand. I was wrong in criticizing you before for choosing her - you are definitely a symbiotic pairing and you need to go back to her and you need to do it now.

A person needs to EARN THE RIGHT to quote Nietzsche in a sig.

You can't buy it. You can't just check you've got his name spelt right and head via Google to 'Quote of the Day'.

You can't just see it typed in some right-wing blog and cut and paste.

YOU HAVE TO EARN IT.

And that means reading Nietzsche. That means feeling empathy with Nietzsche. It could also mean knowing a little German and certainly having a familiarity with his weltanschauung (see what I did there?) and the German philosophical tradition. It could even mean Wagner.

And you do not have this. If you knew any of it then you would not even want it - it is difficult to think of anything that more characterizes everything that Nietzsche hated, despised and wanted to destroy than the so-called 'ideology' of the US Right.

One glimpse of the context of your quote will expose the depth of your error here: it occurs in "Beyond Good and EVIL" (there's a clue right there) and this book is mainly concerned with the need to reject the Xian morality on which the Right base their politics.

There's no point in asking what you understand by the abyss quote (please don't tell me, please, let me live in ignorance) but here is another related one from the same book as a clue - very prophetic and looking forward to our own time:

The most hilarious thing about that entire post is requesting Ayn Rand quotes thinking they must reflect Christian morality.

Talk about uninformed...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #233 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The most hilarious thing about that entire post is requesting Ayn Rand quote thinking they must reflect Christian morality.

Talk about uninformed...

Perhaps the West's most incisive heterodox philosopher was Charles Hoy Fort.

Fort spent a lifetime in the British and NYC libraries collating reports of unexplained, anomalous and weird phenomena. So voluminous was his data that a word was coined to refer to such unexplainable phenomena: Fortean.

Fort was also a prolific writer and wrote large tomes detailing the oddest occurrences known to man.

I have read them all and can say without a shadow of doubt that there is no phenomena anywhere in Fort's cannon that compares in terms of unexplainable and incomprehensible weirdness as the fact that you can get that I think Rand reflects Xian morality from the following quote which is the only place I mention her:

Quote:
you need to change it back to Ayn Rand. I was wrong in criticizing you before for choosing her - you are definitely a symbiotic pairing and you need to go back to her and you need to do it now.

Trumpt - whatever medication you are on you need to either stop it right now or triple the dose.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #234 of 361
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Perhaps the West's most incisive heterodox philosopher was Charles Hoy Fort.

Fort spent a lifetime in the British and NYC libraries collating reports of unexplained, anomalous and weird phenomena. So voluminous was his data that a word was coined to refer to such unexplainable phenomena: Fortean.

Fort was also a prolific writer and wrote large tomes detailing the oddest occurrences known to man.

I have read them all and can say without a shadow of doubt that there is no phenomena anywhere in Fort's cannon that compares in terms of unexplainable and incomprehensible weirdness as the fact that you can get that I think Rand reflects Xian morality from the following quote which is the only place I mention her:

Trumpt - whatever medication you are on you need to either stop it right now or triple the dose.

That was a nice sidebar before tossing out yet another accusation and attack.

As for meds, check your own because here is the reasoning you put forward ....

Quote:
it is difficult to think of anything that more characterizes everything that Nietzsche hated, despised and wanted to destroy than the so-called 'ideology' of the US Right.

One glimpse of the context of your quote will expose the depth of your error here: it occurs in "Beyond Good and EVIL" (there's a clue right there) and this book is mainly concerned with the need to reject the Xian morality on which the Right base their politics.

Clearly you derive the Rand quote as more appropriate because you believe it would endorse the Xian, as you spell it, morality on which the right base their politics.

Only it doesn't, it isn't even close. But really what is the point of going on here. Someone deluded enough to believe they should dictate the signatures of others is pretty much beyond hope.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #235 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

That was a nice sidebar before tossing out yet another accusation and attack.

As for meds, check your own because here is the reasoning you put forward ....

I am quite happy with my meds....purity could be higher and less hassle to get but in the main...

Quote:
Clearly you derive the Rand quote as more appropriate because you believe it would endorse the Xian, as you spell it, morality on which the right base their politics.

Seriously...I am never sure whether you are pretending to be very obtuse as a tactic or a joke or whether you really are.

I always assume it is a kind of irony and part of the act we all put on here - and it is funny sometimes - so I reply in kind...playing along.

Every now and then though I pull up short and think "oh my God...maybe I shouldn't have replied like that...maybe HE REALLY IS not able to grasp this simple stuff"

And I feel kind of guilty.

So, if I seem rude ever it is because I always think you are kind of putting it on...but sometimes - like now - I feel a chill of the possibility that......

Quote:
Only it doesn't, it isn't even close. But really what is the point of going on here. Someone deluded enough to believe they should dictate the signatures of others is pretty much beyond hope.

Not really......

It's kind of like if I keep going on about all my leftie commie stuff as I do and then I have some Bush and Reagan quotes in my sig and I don't seem to realize there's a disconnect.

Like I thought that maybe Bush and Reagan were in line with my 'let's overthrown the status quo and shoot the bankers at dawn' schtick.

You might just comment on it...
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #236 of 361
Thread Starter 
No one lies so boldly as the man who is indignant.
Friedrich Nietzsche

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #237 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

No one lies so boldly as the man who is indignant.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Seriously - do you read Nietzsche?

I am interested. Have you read "The Anti Christ" ?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #238 of 361
Thread Starter 
Seg....

The smart man wouldn't question if I have read Nietzsche. They would question why I choose Nietzsche when they complained about Rand. Having now declared that you should dictate the terms of other people's sigs, the smart question to ask would be when you still can't control yourself and pick at my sig, what will I pick next that apparently, will drive you even more insane.

Or.... a smart person could stop trying to control other people and their sigs.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #239 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Seg....

The smart man wouldn't question if I have read Nietzsche. They would question why I choose Nietzsche when they complained about Rand. Having now declared that you should dictate the terms of other people's sigs, the smart question to ask would be when you still can't control yourself and pick at my sig, what will I pick next that apparently, will drive you even more insane.

Or.... a smart person could stop trying to control other people and their sigs.

Well...I am fairly 100% you have not read Nietzsche...I just want you to set my mind at rest.

You see - I'll come clean here - my problem is that: I LOVE Nietzsche and I also have an irresistable compulsion to trash your sig. I know this about myself - it may be psychological but I'm ok with it.

Or I was when you had Rand.

Can't you change it to Goebells or Bush or someone? It doesn't have to be Rand - she is a soft target to be honest and it is a bit undignified to stoop to bash her.....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #240 of 361
Thread Starter 
I've changed my sig just for you Seg.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence