or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence

The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence - Page 9

post #321 of 361
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jocRd-aajW0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZgV...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24xYL...eature=related
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #322 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

No. What you were trying to make out of this was silly. You either have never watched British humor, don't like it or understand it, or are just making this up and hoping no one would notice.

Whatever it's reaching in the extreme and a lame post in a lame thread.

Everyone gets SLAPSTICK.
That's sort of the point. It's the easiest form of comedy in my view. It's the America's Funniest Home Video of comedy, fully of men getting hit in the nuts, and fat women falling down. It doesn't require much intellect. That video was not about slapstick. It was violence posing as slapstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

More British Comedy Violence in the Python tradition.

Trumpy, don't watch....you won't get it

Well I guess we understand who on these forums are buying all the fart apps.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #323 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Everyone gets SLAPSTICK.
That's sort of the point. It's the easiest form of comedy in my view. It's the America's Funniest Home Video of comedy, fully of men getting hit in the nuts, and fat women falling down. It doesn't require much intellect. That video was not about slapstick. It was violence posing as slapstick.

Actually it was irony.

Climate Change Deniers are trying to kill us. So it's kind of ironic..

Surreal almost...hence the Python references.

Quote:

It was burping not farting...I knew you wouldn't get it.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #324 of 361
Quote:

Actually it was irony.

Climate Change Deniers are trying to kill us. So it's kind of ironic..

Surreal almost...hence the Python references.

Sorry I guess since I don't think in terms of committing genocide, I just wasn't catching that. Perhaps if I sharping up my genocidal thinking, I'll be more up to snuff.

Quote:
It was burping not farting...I knew you wouldn't get it.

The point was that those who find the burping skit funny would be buying the fart apps. They are the same type of comedy. I shouldn't have been so abstract to someone who finds slapstick funny.

post #325 of 361
Quote:

You mean you think they aren't racists? Or you just think racism is ok?

Maybe as long as the racists aren't bitter - Happy Racists are cool!!

Yes exactly you caught me OMG!

I love the "With Obama or racist" campaign strategy of the left these days. Sure seems to be shaping up well for one side or the other.
post #326 of 361
Quote:

Sorry I guess since I don't think in terms of committing genocide, I just wasn't catching that. Perhaps if I sharping up my genocidal thinking, I'll be more up to snuff.

Don't worry. the Tea Party and the Mosque protests aren't ready to move yet...you've got time.

Quote:
The point was that those who find the burping skit funny would be buying the fart apps. They are the same type of comedy. I shouldn't have been so abstract to someone who finds slapstick funny.

Except they are not the same type of comedy. Vic Reeves - the comedian in question - is more of an intellectual and his work is a post-modern surrealistic re-imagining of commedia d'ell arte with references to Artaud, Ionesco and the Theatre of the Absurd in the Dadaist tradition.

Not surprisingly you only see a fart which in fact is not a fart at all. You could be in the same tradition now I think of it Trumpy... you'd need to study a bit and read a few books but hey! It's do-able!!

Btw Vic Reeves with his partner Bob Mortimer

Quote:
were voted the 9th greatest comedy act ever by fellow comedians and comedy insiders.

I'd put them higher personally.

Link
post #327 of 361
Quote:

Everyone gets SLAPSTICK.

Quote:
That video was not about slapstick. It was violence posing as slapstick.

Jesus what a crock! Only someone with an extrememly polarized view trying desperately to save face would say that.

But I'm sure in your own tiny little world it would seem that way ( I'm still wondering if you believe that yourself ).

Sure slapstick doesn't take much thought. Everyone knows that! That's what makes it funny. It's silly. It takes somthing to rediculous lengths.

Also Monty Python used to use comedy to poke fun at timely issues ( yes it was slapstick and very violent ) before. I suppose that was violence posing as comedy also?

You just can't find many examples for your dumb thread so you make stuff up to fit it. Well you'll need a lot of glue.

Lame trumpy! Extrememly lame!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #328 of 361
Quote:

Don't worry. the Tea Party and the Mosque protests aren't ready to move yet...you've got time.

Now there's some sharp wit I can appreciate, even if I disagree with it.

Quote:
Except they are not the same type of comedy. Vic Reeves - the comedian in question - is more of an intellectual and his work is a post-modern surrealistic re-imagining of commedia d'ell arte with references to Artaud, Ionesco and the Theatre of the Absurd in the Dadaist tradition.

I'm sorry but I could give a crap about the entire body of work of Vic Reeves. While he may hit all the noted points at times, the section of skit I saw did not.

Quote:
Not surprisingly you only see a fart which in fact is not a fart at all. You could be in the same tradition now I think of it Trumpy... you'd need to study a bit and read a few books but hey! It's do-able!!

Btw Vic Reeves with his partner Bob Mortimer

I'd put them higher personally.

Link

I'm sure you would put them higher and that explains it all right there doesn't it.

post #329 of 361
Quote:

Butt from a different point of view.
post #330 of 361
Don't worry, guys. We'll get to the bottom of this soon enough.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #331 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Don't worry, guys. We'll get to the bottom of this soon enough.

We're already at the bottom.
post #332 of 361
That reminds me Bottom was another Cult comedy series!!!

Hilarious Mindless Violence Here!!!

Trumpy....you REALLY don't want to watch this one!!
post #333 of 361
Quote:

That reminds me Bottom was another Cult comedy series!!!

Hilarious Mindless Violence Here!!!

Trumpy....you REALLY don't want to watch this one!!

Are they left wing extremist or right wing extremist?
post #334 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Are they left wing extremist or right wing extremist?

Just extremists I think...Bottom was hilarious....

I've got more of this ilk if anyone asks nicely!!

post #335 of 361
Hey really good stuff here.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #336 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

You missed the boat. We've already discussed this earlier in the thread at great length.
post #337 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You missed the boat. We've already discussed this earlier in the thread at great length.

Oops. I guess I did.

post #338 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:
It's Deja vu all over again

Yogi Berra

Same video:

Quote:

Yes, but let's involve the environmental movement in this.
How much longer do we need to wait before they make their genocide plain enough for everyone to understand.

Don't you love how it implies it's okay to cut just about EVERYTHING 10%. How many human deaths would it take to cut down that carbon footprint by 10%?

This is truly disturbing.
post #339 of 361
WSJ Op-Ed piece chimes in:

Quote:
The video has, unsurprisingly, drawn lots of criticism, much of which to our mind is not strong enough. Delingpole calls it a "massive, epic fail!" Blogger Ed Morrissey calls it "the dumbest, most self-defeating ad campaign ever." Even climate-change extremist Bill McKibben calls it "the kind of stupidity that hurts our side."

But it's evil, not just stupid. Some critics, such as Don Surber and The American Spectator, describe the video's message as, in the words of Surber's headline, "Just Blow Up Global Warming Skeptics." Even this is an understatement. The "crime" for which the children in the video are "executed" is one of omission, not commission. They are murdered not even for dissenting against 10:10's political crusade, but merely for being indifferent to it. This is the essence of totalitarianism.

Quote:
The ad has drawn a few defenses, mostly on the ground that it's intended to be humorous. Typical is Jim Edwards of CBS Interactive, who faults 10:10 for backing away from the video rather than "standing proud and telling the deniers to suck it up":

Quote:
Whatever. No one but the most extreme climate change denier believes this is actually what environmentalists want. It's obviously just a joke outrageous enough to actually get people's attention.

But a joke at whose expense? If a "climate change denier" had made such a video in order to lampoon global warmists as fanatical and antihuman, the effort would have been denounced as invidious and over the top--and rightly, or so we would have said a week ago anyway.

No, this video was made by green supremacists themselves, and with a high degree of technical proficiency. As 10:10 itself observed in a statement (since removed from its website), the video required the efforts of "50+ film professionals and 40+ actors and extras." Blogger David Burge notes that "somehow, throughout this entire process, not one of the hundreds of people involved seemed to have questioned the wisdom of an advertising message advocating the violent, sudden death of people who disagree with it."

One may hope that Jim Edwards is right when he denies that "this is actually what environmentalists want." But it's bad enough that this is what they fantasize about--and that they manifestly felt no inhibition about airing such a depraved fantasy in public.

post #340 of 361

post #341 of 361

post #342 of 361

post #343 of 361
Man sentenced to prison for threatening congresswoman

Quote:
A 66-year-old man was sentenced Thursday to more than two years in federal prison for threatening Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite (R-Fla.) in the aftermath of the healthcare debate.

Quote:
"I'm terribly sorry that it ever happened," Pidrman said before his sentencing Thursday morning, according to the Tribune. "I very often watch the recycled news shows on MSNBC," at the time at which he made the call, he said.

This stuff is not very hard to find.

post #344 of 361
Quote:

Man sentenced to prison for threatening congresswoman

This stuff is not very hard to find.

Yeah, there's plenty more from your side (come back to me when every state has a liberal militia training with live rounds every weekend: kinda hard when liberal weenies are all gun control and stuff.)

The DIFFERENCE is that you treat this place like a blog, or a get-out-the-vote campaign centre, and you're all fired up and eager to trawl the web for stuff to convince passing lurkers, and the rest of us have all moved on to arguing about how libertarianism is the death of community.
post #345 of 361
I must have hit a nerve.

post #346 of 361
Quote:

I must have hit a nerve.

Or got on some nerves.... I can see how it could happen.
post #347 of 361
Indeed.

post #348 of 361
I think he's saying you're a wanker who just parrots other conservative views and never bothers to defend any of them with an ounce of logic or outside knowledge. I think.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #349 of 361
Tell me more about what seg things, BR.

post #350 of 361

post #351 of 361
Quote:

Exploding Children in Eco-Group's Video Fails to Upset Liberal News Media

Nothing to see here. Move along.

They're not interested in genocide. There's still one billboard in the middle of North Dakota some farmer erected on his land asking where Obama was born that they haven't reported on and associated with the entire tea party movement.

That's clearly why they don't have time for this.

post #352 of 361
Quote:

Tell me more about what seg things, BR.

Tell us more about what you think, Jazzy. Oh yeah, you don't do that.
post #353 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Tell us more about what you think, Jazzy. Oh yeah, you don't do that.

Good one.

post #354 of 361

post #355 of 361
Quote:

As those on the left so often like to remind us, no person that acts like this acts alone. They are merely the fringe element that was compelled to act via a chorus of hate speech being sent out by the leadership and leading voices representing that portion of the political spectrum.

Amy Bishop

As the Bayh retirement shows, along with the loses in New Jersey, and Virginia, that extreme hate of the left especially as portrayed by those like Matthews, O'Donnell, Olbermann, and Maddow, just to name a few, is driving some marginal folks over the edge and into violence.

What makes such a person feel no remorse about killing family, bombing someone or even gunning down several people in a rampage of violence. Perhaps it is the fact that George Lopez feels he can call Sarah Palin a "b*tch" on national television. Perhaps it is Olbermann going so off the deep end that even Stewart has to reprimand him noting that those calling women "a bag of meat" have no moral high ground. Perhaps it is the daily HuffPo headlines noting who has been "slammed", "eviscerated", or "destroyed" by the inane reasoning of their bloggers.

It is clear the left has become UNHINGED and are now moving from hope to hate. Their president and congress promised them utopia and instead we have unemployment, record debt, and hate speech piled on in an attempt to deflect from the problems. As VP Biden loves to note, everyone is basically a liar who opposed the Obama administration. Sure the Democrats are filled with people who think Obama is "clean and articulate" or speaks with "no discernable dialect" by it is everyone else who is racist and keeping away utopia.

So the answer becomes to shoot them. Be it tenure or utopia, they might be incited to come for you next so watch out. Just look at some of the speech on here by some of our leftist members, it borders right on the edge of seething. They might be the ones to tip next thanks to the daily diet of MSNBC, Maher and DailyKOS/HuffPo telling them that all those worst people of the day are the only reason utopia isn't here. There aren't disagreements, only the party of NO so kill them off (since they can't be bought off like Mary or Ben) and let's hurry up and get to utopia.

What do you really think your great GOP party will provide common folk like me or millions of others out there in the economy splendid utopia! Get real these are complete parasites who will soak off the middle class and poor no matter what happens like blocking employment benefits.The 5 people I despise are McConnell, Bohener,Graham,NewytG and Palin. All liars!
post #356 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

What do you really think your great GOP party will provide common folk like me or millions of others out there in the economy splendid utopia! Get real these are complete parasites who will soak off the middle class and poor no matter what happens like blocking employment benefits.The 5 people I despise are McConnell, Bohener,Graham,NewytG and Palin. All liars!

The GOP doesn't promise utopia. They promise you the right to pursue happiness. How exactly is it lying to say the government can't buy you a new life, perfect, shiny and new?

post #357 of 361
Quote:

The GOP doesn't promise utopia. They promise you the right to pursue happiness. How exactly is it lying to say the government can't buy you a new life, perfect, shiny and new?

Nice Everclear reference there, trumpt.

post #358 of 361
Quote:

I wish they'd grant me the right to pursue my happiness....

Unfortunately what Trumpy means is you have the right to happiness "as they define it" which in turn of course means what makes THEM happy - a very limited canvas indeed. And a slightly warped one.

This is a public service announcement
With guitar
Know your rights all three of them

Number 1
You have the right not to be killed
Murder is a CRIME!
Unless it is done by a
Policeman or aristocrat
Know your rights

And Number 2
You have the right to food money
Providing of course you
Don't mind a little
Investigation, humiliation
And if you cross your fingers
Rehabilitation

Know your rights - These are your rights

Number 3
You have the right to Free Speech
as long as you're not
Dumb enough to actually try it.

Know your rights - These are your rights
All three of 'em

It has been suggested
In some quarters that this is not enough!

Well..............................

Get off the streets
Get off the streets
Run
You don't have a home to go to
Smush

Finally then I will read you your rights

You have the right to remain silent
You are warned that anything you say
Can and will be taken down
And used as evidence against you

Listen to this
Run
post #359 of 361
Quote:

As those on the left so often like to remind us, no person that acts like this acts alone. They are merely the fringe element that was compelled to act via a chorus of hate speech being sent out by the leadership and leading voices representing that portion of the political spectrum.

Amy Bishop

As the Bayh retirement shows, along with the loses in New Jersey, and Virginia, that extreme hate of the left especially as portrayed by those like Matthews, O'Donnell, Olbermann, and Maddow, just to name a few, is driving some marginal folks over the edge and into violence.

What makes such a person feel no remorse about killing family, bombing someone or even gunning down several people in a rampage of violence. Perhaps it is the fact that George Lopez feels he can call Sarah Palin a "b*tch" on national television. Perhaps it is Olbermann going so off the deep end that even Stewart has to reprimand him noting that those calling women "a bag of meat" have no moral high ground. Perhaps it is the daily HuffPo headlines noting who has been "slammed", "eviscerated", or "destroyed" by the inane reasoning of their bloggers.

It is clear the left has become UNHINGED and are now moving from hope to hate. Their president and congress promised them utopia and instead we have unemployment, record debt, and hate speech piled on in an attempt to deflect from the problems. As VP Biden loves to note, everyone is basically a liar who opposed the Obama administration. Sure the Democrats are filled with people who think Obama is "clean and articulate" or speaks with "no discernable dialect" by it is everyone else who is racist and keeping away utopia.

So the answer becomes to shoot them. Be it tenure or utopia, they might be incited to come for you next so watch out. Just look at some of the speech on here by some of our leftist members, it borders right on the edge of seething. They might be the ones to tip next thanks to the daily diet of MSNBC, Maher and DailyKOS/HuffPo telling them that all those worst people of the day are the only reason utopia isn't here. There aren't disagreements, only the party of NO so kill them off (since they can't be bought off like Mary or Ben) and let's hurry up and get to utopia.

Are you bitter?
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #360 of 361
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence