or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence

The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence - Page 3

post #81 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You do at Rasmussen generic.

Do you? If so is that the only poll showing this number?

With PPD you could be thinking this number means more than it does.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #82 of 361
Rasmussen is a very reliable pollster. That said the results of all of them were posted by me as well. If you want to claim a 10-12+ point swing from Democrats to Republicans is the direction you want to go and number that mean little or nothing you are welcome to do so. Since I benefit from the Democratic Delusional State or DDS, I clearly want it to continue.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #83 of 361
Nope, sorry Trumpet.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #84 of 361
Quote:

Rasmussen is a very reliable pollster. That said the results of all of them were posted by me as well. If you want to claim a 10-12+ point swing from Democrats to Republicans is the direction you want to go and number that mean little or nothing you are welcome to do so. Since I benefit from the Democratic Delusional State or DDS, I clearly want it to continue.

Gosh I'd be shaking in my boots if any of the type of conclusions you make have anything to do with reality.

I mean look at you. You try in vain to bump that idiotic thread about the Boomers because you can't get enough people interested anymore is an example.
People don't care about that type of crazy partisan logic anymore. They want real solutions to real problems. Not smoke and mirrors or the dog ate my homework ( or how the mommy and daddy ruined your life ).
post #85 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

People don't care about that type of crazy partisan logic anymore. They want real solutions to real problems. Not smoke and mirrors or the dog ate my homework ( or how the mommy and daddy ruined your life ).

I wouldn't call it partisan...

And I love that thread! It's got drama, angst, comedy... it's great!
post #86 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

I wouldn't call it partisan...

And I love that thread! It's got drama, angst, comedy... it's great!

Now, now! You know you shouldn't encourage him!
post #87 of 361
Quote:

Now, now! You know you shouldn't encourage him!

Comic tragedies are often about idiots...
post #88 of 361
Quote:

Gosh I'd be shaking in my boots if any of the type of conclusions you make have anything to do with reality.

There's a reason it is called a blindspot Jimmac. By definition, you could take action if it weren't an area you were insensitive to addressing.

Quote:
I mean look at you. You try in vain to bump that idiotic thread about the Boomers because you can't get enough people interested anymore is an example.

I take the actions I take regardless of the actions others take. If I find something related to the thread I put it there. If discussion happens then it happens. If not then I did my part. I know this is confusing to those on the left who constantly ascribe their actions to others.

Imagine this applied in real life. I go on bike rides. If invited people or groups can go, then we enjoy a group ride. If not then I still go and enjoy the ride. I audition for a show I'm interested in and if several actors I know and enjoy can participate, then we have fun and if not, then I meet new people.

The same rules apply here. I read and post on that which interests me. People are free to participate in whatever form and to whatever degree they desire.

Quote:

Real solutions would make lots of folks happy but whether it is a RINO pushing compassionate smoke and mirrors or a historic change agent pushing record breaking trillion dollar smoke and mirrors, they are still smoke and mirrors. No amount of policy can draw blood from a stone and turn nothing into something. It is the height of irony that you condemn a thread that intentionally takes a generational approach instead of a partisan approach while decrying the partisan nature of the person starting it. People see that all the claims and complaints are nothing but an attempt to silence that with which you do not agree.

Now on to the thread topic we have the Top 10 Most Disgusting Attacks on Conservative Women for 2009.

Quote:
Much of the criticism was the worst sort of misogyny with a dose of violence and disgusting adolescent sex references thrown in for good measure. The media outlets in question ranged from Playboy magazine to MSNBC to Sirius XM radio and included comments from both men and women.

The message that rang through loud and clear was that perspectives from conservative women were not appreciated or welcomed, and if a woman stepped out of line, she deserved whatever treatment she received.

Here is the top 10:
1. Playboy’s Hate List
Playboy magazine writer Guy Cimbalo released his list of top ten conservative women against whom he’d like to commit violent sexual acts last June. Calling these acts a “hate f---” in his “So Right It’s Wrong” article, Cimbalo explained that he “might despise everything” about women like Michelle Malkin, Fox News’s Megyn Kelly, “The View’s” Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Mary Katherine Ham and Minnesota Representative Michele Bachmann, “but g--dammit, they’re hot!”

Cimbalo listed the physical attributes of each woman along with short explanations of why a self-respecting liberal male shouldn’t be attracted to them. A “hate-f--- rating,” presumably to tell others just how good the sex would be, accompanied each listing as well.

Hasselbeck was described as “the clean-cut American sweetheart who elicits our filthiest thoughts.” Cimbalo labeled Bachmann the “lusty congresswoman from the Twin Cities who’s got some great twins of her own.”

As for the rating each woman received, they ranged from “chemical castration would begin to sound more appealing” to “you get this one pregnant, she stays pregnant.”

Cimbalo’s list was a disgusting example of low the media will stoop to malign conservative women. And it caused such a firestorm that Playboy removed it from its Web site.

2. Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi Uses Graphic Sexual Language to Discredit Michelle Malkin and the Tea Party Movement

In a Tax Day 2009 blog post, Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi claimed “he really enjoying this whole teabag thing” and that “it’s really inspiring some excellent daydreaming.”

Taibbi let his readers in on the nature of his daydreams that involve conservative pundit Michelle Malkin in incredibly vulgar ways.

“[T]his move of hers to spearhead the teabag movement really adds an element to her writing that wasn’t there before,” he wrote. “Now when I read her stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy, set of b---- in her mouth. It vastly improves her prose.”

Nothing brings out liberals’ inner juvenile thug like an outspoken conservative woman.

3. U.S News and World Report’s Bonnie Erbe Takes Issue with Playboy List – Except for Inclusion of Michelle Malkin

It’s bad enough that liberal men don’t hesitate to speak of women in offensive, sexualized terms, but it’s beyond outrageous when a woman claims they deserved it.

But that’s just what U.S. News and World Report’s Bonnie Erbe did in the wake of the Playboy “hate f---” list.

“I'm also a firm believer in supporting all members of my gender when attacked due to their gender. I am supporting these women herewith,” Erbe maintained before noting that her “support” carried limits.

Erbe continued, “I also want to note that at least one woman on the list is so venom-spewing, she unfortunately invites venom to be shot back at her: Michelle Malkin. Her posts and her ‘routine’ are so venomous and predictable in fact, I stopped paying attention to her years ago.”

Malkin struck back at Erbe and explained the true meaning behind Erbe’s words.

“Translation: It’s not okay to talk about “hatef**king” conservative women…unless they are rowdy, incivil conservative women who don’t behave nicely enough to be on my obscure PBS show,” wrote Malkin. “In which case, they deserve all the vulgar misogynist attacks they get!”

4. Keith Olbermann Compares Michelle Malkin to a ‘Mashed-Up Bag of Meat With Lipstick on it”

MSNBC personalities reserve a special level of vitriol for conservative woman, and none more so than Keith Olbermann.

Olbermann compared Michelle Malkin to a “big, mashed up bag of meat with lipstick on it” during his Oct. 13 “Countdown” show because he believed she encouraged death threats made to a woman who posted a video of singing their praises to President Barack Obama.

“She received death threats and hate-filled voicemails all thanks to the total mindless, morally bankrupt, knee-jerk fascistic hatred, without with Michelle Malkin would just be a big mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it,” Olbermann stated.

Olbermann’s comments were deemed offensive enough to warrant a response from editor Megan Carpentier, an editor at liberal and now-defunct Air America Radio.

“A liberal, progressive critique of Malkin need not and should not resort to an attack on her looks or her gender or rely on silly stereotypes or imagery that brings to mind victims of domestic violence,” wrote Carpentier.

You know Olbermann went too far when even liberals are calling him out on his remarks.

5. Comedian Chuck Nice Compares Sarah Palin to Herpes

Sarah Palin is no stranger to negative media attention, but comparing her to a sexually transmitted disease takes the criticisms over the line.

During a June 9 discussion on NBC’s “Today” show about Palin’s role in the GOP, comedian Chuck Nice told his co-panelists, NBC’s chief legal analyst Dan Abrams and Politco’s White House reporter Nia-Malika Henderson, “But, Sarah Palin to the GOP, this is what I’ve got to say, she is very much like herpes, she’s not going away.”

Abrams simply responded, “That's the advantage of being Chuck Nice. You can say that and there's no repercussions.” Henderson did not respond. Before hosts Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb moved on to other topics, Nice informed viewers, “Everybody is laughing. I don’t care. The band is cracking up.”

Unfortunately, that’s the typical response when it comes to insulting conservative woman.

6. Toronto Star Columnist Tweets a Death Wish for Michelle Malkin

Unfortunately, as Erbe proved, it’s not only liberal men who have it out for conservative women. Antonia Zerbisias is another one.

The Toronto Star columnist expressed deep hatred for Michelle Malkin in an April 2009 Twitter message that read, “Forget the Marxists, I wish the marksmen would take @MichelleMalkin. I’m thinking Dick Cheney. He’s such a good shot.”

Apparently Zerbisias’s employer is okay with these types of remarks, as evidenced by her bio at the Star.

“Antonia Zerbisias, columnist for the Toronto Star's Living section, has been telling people what she thinks ever since she could open her mouth,” the bio said. “Her opinionating career dates back to Grade 9 when a cartoon commentary on a teacher resulted in her suspension from high school. The principal sent her home with a note calling her ‘rude, obstreperous and bold.’ Her parents were neither amused, nor surprised. Once she was punished for being that way. Now she makes it pay.”

7. Sarah Palin = Vice-President Barbie?

ABC reporter David Wright couldn’t keep himself from comparing Sarah Palin to Barbie during his Feb. 16 “Nightline” segment on the doll’s 50th birthday.

“[Barbie's] been an astronaut and a rock star. Pop icons Beyonce and Shakira. She's won 'American Idol' too,” he began. “Some would argue she also ran for vice-president in 2008,” quipped Wright, after showing various clips of Palin.

“Caribou Barbie” was a characterization many in the media used to deride Palin throughout the 2008 election. Wright’s attack on the former Alaskan governor in a segment that had nothing to do with politics and aired three months after the election, illustrated that the media weren’t planning to back off sexist comments about Palin anytime soon.

8. Rosie O’Donnell ‘Humanized’ Conservative Elisabeth Hasselbeck

Apparently to Rosie O’Donnell, conservative women are less than human.

The former “View” moderator outlined how she tried to “humanize” her former colleague, Elisabeth Hasselbeck during the Feb. 8 broadcast of her Sirius XM radio show, “Rosie Radio.” O'Donnell's comments stemmed from a discussion about the conservative backlash to her recent HBO documentary about families, "A Family is a Family is a Family."

“It’s sort of what I thought about Elisabeth Hasselbeck, too. I’m going to love her, regardless of what she says, I’m gonna love her and the love, then, is going to win through in the end,” O’Donnell explained to her current colleagues. “I was positive of this, and we sort of started to humanize her. Remember, after she came to my house, she actually said on television how she thought our family was so great? Can you imagine the amount of hate mail she got from her constituency?”

9. David Letterman’s “Top Ten” List of Sarah Palin Insults

Late night talk show host David Letterman couldn’t let an opportunity to go by without trashing Sarah Palin during his June 8 show.

The usual “jokes” about Palin’s intellect appeared on Letterman’s “Top Ten Highlights of Sarah Palin's Trip to New York,” alongside a knock on her looks. “Number Two: Bought make-up from Bloomingdale’s to update her ‘slutty flight attendant look,” read the comedian.

Then he went further, with a crude joke about her 14-year-old daughter being impregnated at Yankee Stadium. Letterman eventually was forced to apologize for that joke, but not for carried on the tradition of painting Palin as a complete bimbo, not a governor or a former vice-presidential candidate.

10. Liz Cheney, Daddy’s Little Girl?

MSNBC and liberal talk radio host Ed Schultz labeled Liz Cheney, daughter of former vice-president Dick Cheney, nothing more than a daddy’s girl during his Sept. 29 MSNBC program, “The Ed Show.”

“There’s a couple of gals who’ve been riding the wave of crazy that’s been sweeping the nation’s right-wingers: ‘Shooter’s little girl, Liz Cheney, has been hitting the lecture circuit, parroting daddy’s fear-mongering rhetoric,” stated Schultz.

Of course, Liz Cheney is no simple “daddy’s girl.” She holds a law degree from the University of Chicago, and served as the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs and Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs.

A liberal woman with the same qualifications as Cheney would never be categorized as a “daddy’s girl” but as an empowered woman in her own right.

The top ten, but sadly not the only ten. So many different sources as well which is sad. It would be nice if it were just a couple exceptions but in being able to wander from Rolling Stone to the View, it shows it is much more the rule for the left rather than the odd exception.

post #89 of 361
Quote:

There's a reason it is called a blindspot Jimmac. By definition, you could take action if it weren't an area you were insensitive to addressing.

I take the actions I take regardless of the actions others take. If I find something related to the thread I put it there. If discussion happens then it happens. If not then I did my part. I know this is confusing to those on the left who constantly ascribe their actions to others.

Imagine this applied in real life. I go on bike rides. If invited people or groups can go, then we enjoy a group ride. If not then I still go and enjoy the ride. I audition for a show I'm interested in and if several actors I know and enjoy can participate, then we have fun and if not, then I meet new people.

The same rules apply here. I read and post on that which interests me. People are free to participate in whatever form and to whatever degree they desire.

Real solutions would make lots of folks happy but whether it is a RINO pushing compassionate smoke and mirrors or a historic change agent pushing record breaking trillion dollar smoke and mirrors, they are still smoke and mirrors. No amount of policy can draw blood from a stone and turn nothing into something. It is the height of irony that you condemn a thread that intentionally takes a generational approach instead of a partisan approach while decrying the partisan nature of the person starting it. People see that all the claims and complaints are nothing but an attempt to silence that with which you do not agree.

Now on to the thread topic we have the Top 10 Most Disgusting Attacks on Conservative Women for 2009.

The top ten, but sadly not the only ten. So many different sources as well which is sad. It would be nice if it were just a couple exceptions but in being able to wander from Rolling Stone to the View, it shows it is much more the rule for the left rather than the odd exception.

Quote:
People see that all the claims and complaints are nothing but an attempt to silence that with which you do not agree.

I've heard claims like this all of my life. They always turn out to be the same old thing. Some guy who thinks he's got some new way of blaming a group for the world's ills. I mean it's a lot better gig than taking a good long look in the mirror eh what?

The sad truth trumpy is that we're all to blame for what's going on in the world. No one has a corner on the blame ( well maybe a little more would go to the people who directly had influence on things and I'm not talking about the Boomers although some involved might be of that age ). But we've all played our part. Even you and me.

As far as the rest goes I really can't convey how incredibly misguided and wrong you are if you really hold to these beliefs. As some have said comic, tragic, ect. In the end it's just dumb and really kind of sad.
post #90 of 361
Quote:

I've heard claims like this all of my life. They always turn out to be the same old thing. Some guy who thinks he's got some new way of blaming a group for the world's ills. I mean it's a lot better gig than taking a good long look in the mirror eh what?

Sez the guy who belongs to the party of claims about -ists and -isms. The whole Democratic schtick is nothing but the blame game while looting for their interest groups.

As for looking in the mirror I do just fine in that regard Jimmac and also let me tell you, as usual simply declaring I would make the same choices given the same variables ISN'T true. In fact it cracks me up. I remember teaching back when I was single and before I had kids. There were those parents there, much like yourself, wagging that finger and declaring "just wait until you are _____________." Well I became that fill in the blank. I became a husband, a father and a man with investments and concerns of my own to worry about and you know what.... I always handled my business so I've never once had to validate their finger pointing.

Hey guess what, when my friends are heading toward the 40+ inch waistline, I jumped on my fitness and kept that weight down. I'll weigh exactly at 40 what I weighed at 30. Guess what, I've never had to declare it impossible to raise my own kids because, while they aren't perfect, I'm plugged in and know what they are doing and PARENT them when the need arises rather than throwing up my hands.

As usual, people who are self-sufficient are terrifying and foreign to your worldview. Yet I'm always amazed by the reasoning that says individuals are incompetent but somehow the group gets it right.

Quote:
The sad truth trumpy is that we're all to blame for what's going on in the world. No one has a corner on the blame ( well maybe a little more would go to the people who directly had influence on things and I'm not talking about the Boomers although some involved might be of that age ). But we've all played our part. Even you and me.

We aren't floating in some stream. It isn't all up to fate. We may not be able to control everything but we can control the things within our power. We can't magically all be to blame but no one be in control. To have blame, you have to have control and if you have control, you have to exercise that control which means SOMEONE is to blame and someone is not. It can't all be crappy but no ones fault yet everyone is to blame. That makes no sense and reeks of a cop out.

Quote:
As far as the rest goes I really can't convey how incredibly misguided and wrong you are if you really hold to these beliefs. As some have said comic, tragic, ect. In the end it's just dumb and really kind of sad.

No problem. My life isn't at all wrong, sad, tragic, or other silly words you want to assign to it. You can point that finger and demand "you just wait" but I've been waiting for close to 40 years now and guess what, my life tends to go exactly how I want it to within the variables I can control. I don't just spit out bullshit to blame some else and then declare them uncaring for being unwilling to submit to the solution "we all know" we will "all need."

I don't need it. I don't want it. No one has ever said we should be heartless to the rare exception to the rule. You once mentioned your daughter having some health related issues due to an auto accident. I'll say right now if she were permanently disabled due to such a thing, it is in the public interest to help her. However when you have these agencies pop up and EVERYONE is disabled and EVERYONE is needy and ABNORMAL is the only NORMAL, I don't buy that. We had a staff inservice the a day ago. The woman came in claiming 1 out of every 9 kids had disabling levels of ADD/ADHD. She said 1 out of every 20 had disabling levels of autism. Amazingly (seems it is always this way with these types of folks) all her own children had magically crapped out and had all these various ailments she just happened to be trained on and her struggle with them was of course oh so rewarding.

I don't buy that and when you or anyone else wants to point that finger and declare that I will soon realize that the only normal is abnormal, I'll say you are wrong. Even if statistically we end up giving IN as a country and give away our position in the world due to the fact that we are too fat to fuck, too selfish to work and lack the self control to save, invest or create anymore, that will simply mean we caved, not that such giving in is the rule for how to live.

post #91 of 361
Quote:

Sez the guy who belongs to the party of claims about -ists and -isms. The whole Democratic schtick is nothing but the blame game while looting for their interest groups.

As for looking in the mirror I do just fine in that regard Jimmac and also let me tell you, as usual simply declaring I would make the same choices given the same variables ISN'T true. In fact it cracks me up. I remember teaching back when I was single and before I had kids. There were those parents there, much like yourself, wagging that finger and declaring "just wait until you are _____________." Well I became that fill in the blank. I became a husband, a father and a man with investments and concerns of my own to worry about and you know what.... I always handled my business so I've never once had to validate their finger pointing.

Hey guess what, when my friends are heading toward the 40+ inch waistline, I jumped on my fitness and kept that weight down. I'll weigh exactly at 40 what I weighed at 30. Guess what, I've never had to declare it impossible to raise my own kids because, while they aren't perfect, I'm plugged in and know what they are doing and PARENT them when the need arises rather than throwing up my hands.

As usual, people who are self-sufficient are terrifying and foreign to your worldview. Yet I'm always amazed by the reasoning that says individuals are incompetent but somehow the group gets it right.

We aren't floating in some stream. It isn't all up to fate. We may not be able to control everything but we can control the things within our power. We can't magically all be to blame but no one be in control. To have blame, you have to have control and if you have control, you have to exercise that control which means SOMEONE is to blame and someone is not. It can't all be crappy but no ones fault yet everyone is to blame. That makes no sense and reeks of a cop out.

No problem. My life isn't at all wrong, sad, tragic, or other silly words you want to assign to it. You can point that finger and demand "you just wait" but I've been waiting for close to 40 years now and guess what, my life tends to go exactly how I want it to within the variables I can control. I don't just spit out bullshit to blame some else and then declare them uncaring for being unwilling to submit to the solution "we all know" we will "all need."

I don't need it. I don't want it. No one has ever said we should be heartless to the rare exception to the rule. You once mentioned your daughter having some health related issues due to an auto accident. I'll say right now if she were permanently disabled due to such a thing, it is in the public interest to help her. However when you have these agencies pop up and EVERYONE is disabled and EVERYONE is needy and ABNORMAL is the only NORMAL, I don't buy that. We had a staff inservice the a day ago. The woman came in claiming 1 out of every 9 kids had disabling levels of ADD/ADHD. She said 1 out of every 20 had disabling levels of autism. Amazingly (seems it is always this way with these types of folks) all her own children had magically crapped out and had all these various ailments she just happened to be trained on and her struggle with them was of course oh so rewarding.

I don't buy that and when you or anyone else wants to point that finger and declare that I will soon realize that the only normal is abnormal, I'll say you are wrong. Even if statistically we end up giving IN as a country and give away our position in the world due to the fact that we are too fat to fuck, too selfish to work and lack the self control to save, invest or create anymore, that will simply mean we caved, not that such giving in is the rule for how to live.

Quote:
We aren't floating in some stream. It isn't all up to fate

Show me where I said it was. We all have free will trumpy just like they teach you in Sunday school.

Quote:

Where the hell did you get that? I'll tell you what I do find terrifying though. People who are just so sure they're so right about something important when they're dead wrong.

Quote:
I don't just spit out bullshit to blame some else and then declare them uncaring for being unwilling to submit to the solution "we all know" we will "all need."

Except for the Boomers of course. Uh huh.

And of course other generations ( and yourself ) besides the Boomers are all different and didn't have a hand in any of it. Uh huh.

Quote:
I'll weigh exactly at 40 what I weighed at 30.

At 40 I weighed less than I did at 30. I was a fat kid in school. I've battled my weight all my life thanks to my genetic background. I've managed to keep my waistline at 38 but as you hit your 50's in becomes a lot harder for most people. Depending on your parents you may find this out. My wife was slender all of her life ( she's always been active and even was a cheerleader in High School ) until she got close to 50. Now she knows how your metabolism can slow down and how you have to work at it. Like I've said most of my friends now are healthier than they were when they were young. You see they like being alive and active. There are exceptions of course.

Also to be honest trumpy my life is better today than it's ever been. Yes I have hypertension but both my parents had it so I knew it was in the cards someday. I smoked for over 20 years and quit cold turkey. I gave my last carton to a friend who still did ( he's quit since then as well ). It'll be 4 years at the end of June.

Honestly I don't know where you've got this idea that Boomers are a bunch of over weight drug addicts but it's quite a stereotype. Maybe it's because of all the rock or movie stars who went that way. I mean they get a lot of press. Look at Cory Haims ( I loved The Lost Boys ). Really sad but in and out of rehab. And only 38. I guess that makes him from your generation. But just like the Boomers that dosen't mean the average Joe out there is like that.

Also as you get older trumpy you have more health problems. It's part of growing old. Your generation will have them as well.

It sounds like you have a lot of issues and a lot of illusions about them.

I love this country and it's ideals just as much as you seem to. I just see things differently and realize no one's perfect. I also realize you have a lot to thank the Boomers for you just choose not to see that. I don't like the fact that we are not producing as much as we consume either. Unfortunately history is full of great empires who lost their way and became less of a mover and shaker in the world. I still think America has some fight left in her though and our part in things hasn't come and gone just yet. Also in the long run a couple of hundred years from now we will be more of a world and not a country. The USA may still be here it just won't be the center of things. No one country will. We have to get used to that and learn to live and work together at solving things. Either that or we won't be here any more.
post #92 of 361
Quote:

Show me where I said it was. We all have free will trumpy just like they teach you in Sunday school.

Sorry but you said everyone is to blame and that no one is above blame. That means you are making it our nature and instinctual instead of a thought based process.

Quote:
Where the hell did you get that? I'll tell you what I do find terrifying though. People who are just so sure they're so right about something important when they're dead wrong.

Perhaps you should actually ponder the conclusions of your claims rather than just tossing them out there. Also, as everyone has told you on these forums a thousand times, declaring someone dead wrong repeatedly doesn't make it so.

Quote:
Except for the Boomers of course. Uh huh.

And of course other generations ( and yourself ) besides the Boomers are all different and didn't have a hand in any of it. Uh huh.

Well see, when it isn't EVERYONE'S fault no matter what, then some groups are responsible for some gains and declines and other groups are responsible for other gains and declines. The boomers are decidedly responsible for their own lack of savings, their state of health, etc. They haven't done what they are supposed to in those regards. They haven't done what prior generations did either. They have done worse by objective measures.

Quote:
At 40 I weighed less than I did at 30. I was a fat kid in school. I've battled my weight all my life thanks to my genetic background. I've managed to keep my waistline at 38 but as you hit your 50's in becomes a lot harder for most people. Depending on your parents you may find this out. My wife was slender all of her life ( she's always been active and even was a cheerleader in High School ) until she got close to 50. Now she knows how your metabolism can slow down and how you have to work at it. Like I've said most of my friends now are healthier than they were when they were young. You see they like being alive and active. There are exceptions of course.

Yes and based off the data I've posted in the boomer thread, you should realize you ARE THE EXCEPTIONS and not the rule. Just like the same networth numbers noted 25% of boomers had done very well with their retirement options and 75% had little or nothing to speak of in savings or assets. That means anecdotally that if you and your friends have pensions or large well funded 401ks then you are the exception to your generation. Likewise when you note that you gave up smoking and worked your entire life to keep your weight down, that obviously is not the rule in a nation of ever increasing obesity rates. I'm glad for you personally that you are the exception Jimmac and I'll even applaud it, but that doesn't change the numbers for the group as a whole.

Quote:
Also to be honest trumpy my life is better today than it's ever been. Yes I have hypertension but both my parents had it so I knew it was in the cards someday. I smoked for over 20 years and quit cold turkey. I gave my last carton to a friend who still did ( he's quit since then as well ). It'll be 4 years at the end of June.

Congrats on the 4 years but we all know a man smart as yourself should have quit 20 years ago. 1990 wasn't on the cusp of knowing about the dangers of smoking. I'm not trying to slam you, just noting that the extra 16 years of inaction carries a cost. If you ask someone else to carry that cost claiming ignorance, then that is wrong. Sure when you were 20 perhaps the dangers of smoking weren't well know but they easily were at 40. When deciding to quit at coming on 60, that is commendable, but still cannot be said to be acting out of ignorance.
Quote:
Honestly I don't know where you've got this idea that Boomers are a bunch of over weight drug addicts but it's quite a stereotype. Maybe it's because of all the rock or movie stars who went that way. I mean they get a lot of press. Look at Cory Haims ( I loved The Lost Boys ). Really sad but in and out of rehab. And only 38. I guess that makes him from your generation. But just like the Boomers that dosen't mean the average Joe out there is like that.

It's called statistics and I've posted loads of them in the appropriate thread. One example posted noted that the Boomer rate of obesity was already higher than the generation before them. So sure it is one thing to wag a finger and tell me that I will have to work harder at 60 to be in a certain size jeans than I did at 20. It is entirely another to say well gramps is 75 an in a size 40 jean due to his physical decline but gramps jr boomer is already at a size 45 at 55 years old and now is really hitting the beginning of his steep physical decline.

I pushed it down to one clear example but as a generation, that is what the statistics show. It shows boomers more unhealthy than the older generation in front of them.

Quote:
Also as you get older trumpy you have more health problems. It's part of growing old. Your generation will have them as well.

It sounds like you have a lot of issues and a lot of illusions about them.

No what I have is a lot of statistics and trend lines. Altering the trend lines requires something to change.

Quote:
I love this country and it's ideals just as much as you seem to. I just see things differently and realize no one's perfect. I also realize you have a lot to thank the Boomers for you just choose not to see that. I don't like the fact that we are not producing as much as we consume either. Unfortunately history is full of great empires who lost their way and became less of a mover and shaker in the world. I still think America has some fight left in her though and our part in things hasn't come and gone just yet. Also in the long run a couple of hundred years from now we will be more of a world and not a country. The USA may still be here it just won't be the center of things. No one country will. We have to get used to that and learn to live and work together at solving things. Either that or we won't be here any more.

Well and that is the blindspot. As I've said, in my view it involves the dollar and the boomers unassailable belief that it cannot be broken. I'll gladly concede that all of us remain trapped a bit by the time in which we are born. Do I still catch myself asking someone to tape a show when no tape is involved. Absolutely but if I refused to understand what a DVR is instead of a VCR, that ignorance becomes my own. The boomers have blinders on with regard to finances and always have done so. America was the only true powerhouse in the world after WWII and they grew up with that. Sure that colors perceptions but it is their choice to remain trapped by them those perceptions. I'm not the one sitting at 60-65 years old with less than a $100k in retirement savings in the bank. That is the reality for 5 out of 6 boomers though.

Now back to the topic at hand... President Obama is threatening to not help elect members of his OWN PARTY if they don't do his bidding and vote as he wants. Threatening to narrow the tent and toss them out of it is truly a sign or rising left wing extremism.

Democrat on Democrat threats. That doesn't sound like a once in a generation post-racial change agent to me. It sounds like someone dealing in fear, smears and threats which is the modus operandi of the Obama administration.

post #93 of 361
Quote:

Sorry but you said everyone is to blame and that no one is above blame. That means you are making it our nature and instinctual instead of a thought based process.

Perhaps you should actually ponder the conclusions of your claims rather than just tossing them out there. Also, as everyone has told you on these forums a thousand times, declaring someone dead wrong repeatedly doesn't make it so.

Well see, when it isn't EVERYONE'S fault no matter what, then some groups are responsible for some gains and declines and other groups are responsible for other gains and declines. The boomers are decidedly responsible for their own lack of savings, their state of health, etc. They haven't done what they are supposed to in those regards. They haven't done what prior generations did either. They have done worse by objective measures.

Yes and based off the data I've posted in the boomer thread, you should realize you ARE THE EXCEPTIONS and not the rule. Just like the same networth numbers noted 25% of boomers had done very well with their retirement options and 75% had little or nothing to speak of in savings or assets. That means anecdotally that if you and your friends have pensions or large well funded 401ks then you are the exception to your generation. Likewise when you note that you gave up smoking and worked your entire life to keep your weight down, that obviously is not the rule in a nation of ever increasing obesity rates. I'm glad for you personally that you are the exception Jimmac and I'll even applaud it, but that doesn't change the numbers for the group as a whole.

Congrats on the 4 years but we all know a man smart as yourself should have quit 20 years ago. 1990 wasn't on the cusp of knowing about the dangers of smoking. I'm not trying to slam you, just noting that the extra 16 years of inaction carries a cost. If you ask someone else to carry that cost claiming ignorance, then that is wrong. Sure when you were 20 perhaps the dangers of smoking weren't well know but they easily were at 40. When deciding to quit at coming on 60, that is commendable, but still cannot be said to be acting out of ignorance.

It's called statistics and I've posted loads of them in the appropriate thread. One example posted noted that the Boomer rate of obesity was already higher than the generation before them. So sure it is one thing to wag a finger and tell me that I will have to work harder at 60 to be in a certain size jeans than I did at 20. It is entirely another to say well gramps is 75 an in a size 40 jean due to his physical decline but gramps jr boomer is already at a size 45 at 55 years old and now is really hitting the beginning of his steep physical decline.

I pushed it down to one clear example but as a generation, that is what the statistics show. It shows boomers more unhealthy than the older generation in front of them.

No what I have is a lot of statistics and trend lines. Altering the trend lines requires something to change.

Well and that is the blindspot. As I've said, in my view it involves the dollar and the boomers unassailable belief that it cannot be broken. I'll gladly concede that all of us remain trapped a bit by the time in which we are born. Do I still catch myself asking someone to tape a show when no tape is involved. Absolutely but if I refused to understand what a DVR is instead of a VCR, that ignorance becomes my own. The boomers have blinders on with regard to finances and always have done so. America was the only true powerhouse in the world after WWII and they grew up with that. Sure that colors perceptions but it is their choice to remain trapped by them those perceptions. I'm not the one sitting at 60-65 years old with less than a $100k in retirement savings in the bank. That is the reality for 5 out of 6 boomers though.

Now back to the topic at hand... President Obama is threatening to not help elect members of his OWN PARTY if they don't do his bidding and vote as he wants. Threatening to narrow the tent and toss them out of it is truly a sign or rising left wing extremism.

Democrat on Democrat threats. That doesn't sound like a once in a generation post-racial change agent to me. It sounds like someone dealing in fear, smears and threats which is the modus operandi of the Obama administration.

Thanks for confirming what I knew you'd do. A big, bloated reponse that was all about you being right and your opinion.

Quote:
Yes and based off the data I've posted in the boomer thread, you should realize you ARE THE EXCEPTIONS and not the rule.

I'm wondering where those numbers came from and the context? Could please you post them again?

Quote:

Well no one's perfect. And I'd be willing to bet neither are you. I'm sure that if we could peer into your life we'd find less than perfect choices as everone has them. At least I'm willing to admit mine.

Quote:
It sounds like someone dealing in fear, smears and threats which is the modus operandi of the Obama administration.

Hey! They have nothing on the republican blame machine that's been running on over drive since the election! They're the true experts at this.

Quote:
rising left wing extremism

So let's see on the one hand we have the democrats and the right failing because....well they're just wrong. And on the other hand there's this rising tide by the left? Gotcha.

This is a reponse to the tide of right extremism we've had for so many years so what did you expect?

Cycles remember?
post #94 of 361
Quote:

Thanks for confirming what I knew you'd do. A big, bloated reponse that was all about you being right and your opinion.

Well not all of us can make our replies look big by double quoting everyone.

Quote:
I'm wondering where those numbers came from and the context? Could please you post them again?

No they are in the appropriate thread and you are free to go read and browse it a second time.

Quote:
Well no one's perfect. And I'd be willing to bet neither are you. I'm sure that if we could peer into your life we'd find less than perfect choices as everone has them. At least I'm willing to admit mine.

I never claimed anyone was perfect including myself. I simply stated that it is wrong to expect someone else to bare the costs. When said boomers need more hip and knee replacements, when they suffer disproportionately from dementia due to excessive drug use (statistically) or other ailments, they won't be paying the costs themselves. They will want the later generations to make them whole again. We aren't talking medical care or treatment either. We are talking about quality of life type treatment. That is what things like knee and hip replacements are about.

Quote:
Hey! They have nothing on the republican blame machine that's been running on over drive since the election! They're the true experts at this.

Two wrongs make a right. Understood.

Quote:
So let's see on the one hand we have the democrats and the right failing because....well they're just wrong. And on the other hand there's this rising tide by the left? Gotcha.

No we pretty much have a country that's failing and when I examined why outside of party, that is why I created the boomer thread. It is truly non-partisan and attempts to address the bubble mentality that has existed ever since. It is all about pain deferred and each time it is deferred, the pain becomes larger and more problematic.

I won't repost prior links and this one isn't boomer specific but it does hit on the points I have been making. Michael Kinsley talks about his inflation nightmare. You probably remember him. He was the "and I'm from the left" on Crossfire. His reasoning, a little old, new borrowed and blue, strikes me as something you could relate to well. Additionally, like yourself, he assigns the same sorts of blames and endorses the same sorts of solutions from the same people you endorse. Yet you can see him here, sort of grappling with that blindspot and questioning. No real answers from him yet but the general feeling of unease is there and it is justifiable.

My fear is not the result of economic analysis. Its more from the realm of psychology. I mean mine. The last time I wrote about this subject, The Atlantics own Clive Crook called me a fiscal sado-conservative. I would put it differently (you wont be surprised to hear). Maybe, at least on economic matters, Im a puritan. The recession weve been going through did not occur for no reason. Even though serious misbehavior by the finance industry triggered it, sooner or later it was bound to happen. For a generationsince shortly after Volcker saved the country, and except for a brief period of surpluses under Bill Clintonwe partied on borrowed money. We watched a real-estate bubble get larger and larger, knowing but not acknowledging that it had to burst. Then it did burst, and George W. Bush slunk off to Texas, leaving Barack Obama to clean up the mess. Obama has done the right things, mostly, pushing through a huge stimulus package and bailing out a few big corporations and banks. Krugman says we need yet another dose of stimulus, and maybe hes right.

But this cure has been one ice-cream sundae after another. It cant be that easy, can it? The puritan in me says that there has to be some pain. Thats not to say that there hasnt been plenty of economic pain. But that pain has come from the recession itself, not the cure.

My specific concern is nothing original: its just the national debt. Yawn and turn the page here if youd like. We talk now of trillions, not yesterdays hundreds of billions. Its not Obamas fault. He did what he had to do. However, Obama is president, and Democrats do control Congress. So its their responsibility, even if its not their fault. And no one in a position to act has proposed a realistic way out of this debt, not even in theory. The Republicans havent. The Obama administration hasnt. Come to think of it, even Paul Krugman hasnt.

The solution can't be pain-free ice cream sundays where the numbers somehow magically add up when the grandkids somehow pay down the debt their grandparents exploded and also somehow pay for boomer retirement and boomer medical needs under exploding entitlements at the same time as well. It doesn't add up and the only way to make it attempt to add up is inflation via money printing. That is what I have been contending as well.

Quote:
This is a reponse to the tide of right extremism we've had for so many years so what did you expect?

Cycles remember?

Two wrongs as a right? The same reasoning shows up again. I hope we will remember that the next time a Democrat runs on change, what it really means is the same actions with the only change being who they will blame for their incompetence while still spending the lifetime earnings of the kids, grandkids and great-grandkids.

post #95 of 361
Quote:

I hope we will remember that the next time a Democrat runs on change, what it really means is the same actions with the only change being who they will blame for their incompetence while still spending the lifetime earnings of the kids, grandkids and great-grandkids.

So if there's no change it means things stay the same right? So why not support Obama? Nothing's changed from the Bush regime and you supported the Bush regime before...

Oh wait...it's a tribal 'this is my team' thing right and nothing to do with reality...sorry...my bad...

Carry on...
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #96 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

So if there's no change it means things stay the same right? So why not support Obama? Nothing's changed from the Bush regime and you supported the Bush regime before...

Oh wait...it's a tribal 'this is my team' thing right and nothing to do with reality...sorry...my bad...

Carry on...

I suggest you try again. I've dozens of posts on here criticizing Bush and even the Republican party. If you do a search you'll even see posts where I've noted how it is possible to split the Republican party quite easily and what they should do to avoid it. The current tea party is nothing more than the Perot voters from 1992. The concerns are exactly the same. There are elements within the Republican, and I know this because I am one of them, that are not neo-cons. They do not support Pax Americana. They do not believe in free trade, especially in light of currency manipulation to triumph over fair trade. Lastly they are profoundly fiscally conservative and are not at all supporters of Keynesian economics.

These were the folks who were criticizing the prescription drug benefit and excessive spending under Bush. These were those who said since we've been attacked we must retaliate but when we bring the troops home from Iraq why don't we also bring them home from Germany, Japan, Haiti, Bosnia, etc. They are the folks like myself who kept noting that those who wanted to take our troops out of Iraq wanted to put them in Darfur. It was the Reform Party of 1992 and it is the Tea Party now. The disagreement mainly comes down to what happens if you split from Republicans vs can you reform Republicans. The RINO/neo-con wing of the Republican party has been there for quite a while as well. This isn't anything new and I've stated on here that I do not support Pax Americana. I noted well before the election, back when it was only rhetoric, not reality, that Obama would do nothing different with regard to foreign affairs.

Here I am noting I wouldn't vote for Romney because he would be no different than Bush. That said if I had a choice between Romney and Obama I would have to take Romney because sucking a little is better than sucking a lot.

BTW here is a post from me noting some of the same points from 2007. Obama wasn't even being discussed back then I note how Democrats wouldn't act different.

Here I am explaining to some guy named Segovius in 2007 as well. Isn't it sad that three years later, you still haven't stopped putting people in boxes and then accusing them of limited thinking associated with the box you've placed them in.

post #97 of 361
Quote:

No they are in the appropriate thread and you are free to go read and browse it a second time.

I never claimed anyone was perfect including myself. I simply stated that it is wrong to expect someone else to bare the costs. When said boomers need more hip and knee replacements, when they suffer disproportionately from dementia due to excessive drug use (statistically) or other ailments, they won't be paying the costs themselves. They will want the later generations to make them whole again. We aren't talking medical care or treatment either. We are talking about quality of life type treatment. That is what things like knee and hip replacements are about.

Two wrongs make a right. Understood.

No we pretty much have a country that's failing and when I examined why outside of party, that is why I created the boomer thread. It is truly non-partisan and attempts to address the bubble mentality that has existed ever since. It is all about pain deferred and each time it is deferred, the pain becomes larger and more problematic.

I won't repost prior links and this one isn't boomer specific but it does hit on the points I have been making. Michael Kinsley talks about his inflation nightmare. You probably remember him. He was the "and I'm from the left" on Crossfire. His reasoning, a little old, new borrowed and blue, strikes me as something you could relate to well. Additionally, like yourself, he assigns the same sorts of blames and endorses the same sorts of solutions from the same people you endorse. Yet you can see him here, sort of grappling with that blindspot and questioning. No real answers from him yet but the general feeling of unease is there and it is justifiable.

My fear is not the result of economic analysis. It’s more from the realm of psychology. I mean mine. The last time I wrote about this subject, The Atlantic’s own Clive Crook called me a “fiscal sado-conservative.” I would put it differently (you won’t be surprised to hear). Maybe, at least on economic matters, I’m a puritan. The recession we’ve been going through did not occur for no reason. Even though serious misbehavior by the finance industry triggered it, sooner or later it was bound to happen. For a generation—since shortly after Volcker saved the country, and except for a brief period of surpluses under Bill Clinton—we partied on borrowed money. We watched a real-estate bubble get larger and larger, knowing but not acknowledging that it had to burst. Then it did burst, and George W. Bush slunk off to Texas, leaving Barack Obama to clean up the mess. Obama has done the right things, mostly, pushing through a huge stimulus package and bailing out a few big corporations and banks. Krugman says we need yet another dose of stimulus, and maybe he’s right.

But this cure has been one ice-cream sundae after another. It can’t be that easy, can it? The puritan in me says that there has to be some pain. That’s not to say that there hasn’t been plenty of economic pain. But that pain has come from the recession itself, not the cure.

My specific concern is nothing original: it’s just the national debt. Yawn and turn the page here if you’d like. We talk now of trillions, not yesterday’s hundreds of billions. It’s not Obama’s fault. He did what he had to do. However, Obama is president, and Democrats do control Congress. So it’s their responsibility, even if it’s not their fault. And no one in a position to act has proposed a realistic way out of this debt, not even in theory. The Republicans haven’t. The Obama administration hasn’t. Come to think of it, even Paul Krugman hasn’t.

The solution can't be pain-free ice cream sundays where the numbers somehow magically add up when the grandkids somehow pay down the debt their grandparents exploded and also somehow pay for boomer retirement and boomer medical needs under exploding entitlements at the same time as well. It doesn't add up and the only way to make it attempt to add up is inflation via money printing. That is what I have been contending as well.

Two wrongs as a right? The same reasoning shows up again. I hope we will remember that the next time a Democrat runs on change, what it really means is the same actions with the only change being who they will blame for their incompetence while still spending the lifetime earnings of the kids, grandkids and great-grandkids.

Quote:

What people do expect is new relevent content. Not just a rehash of opinion.

Quote:
No they are in the appropriate thread and you are free to go read and browse it a second time

Then don't ever ask me to requote anything or comment on my lack of with anyone else again.

Quote:
When said boomers need more hip and knee replacements, when they suffer disproportionately from dementia due to excessive drug use (statistically) or other ailments, they won't be paying the costs themselves

I hate to break it to you but these type of things happen without drug use when you get older. I can't wait until you get old and your body doesn't do what it's told.

Quote:
My specific concern is nothing original: it’s just the national debt

I don't remember you raising these concerns during the Bush era. And please don't try to tell me it wasn't already up there in lights then. But I suppose he's a Boomer so it's ok. If I'm wrong please show me but remember it has to be old stuff while Bush was in office not new.

The rest is just the usual sophistry.

So you think the right is going to make this big comeback?

Tell me trumpy if the new pending healthcare bill passes, it works, and none of those boogymen like the deathcamps appear what do you think that will do for the Republican's image? Just asking. I know it's hypothetical and you have trouble with that but just something to consider.
post #98 of 361
Quote:

Carry on...

This is what I mean by Partisan Polarity Disorder. He'll never see it.
post #99 of 361
Quote:

What people do expect is new relevent content. Not just a rehash of opinion.

Sorry but none of us earn any money doing this nor do we have any research grants assigned to generating content for discussion here. Plus if it works for MSNBC, CNN, and FOX, why not us? This is just political talk. Also just because you disagree with something doesn't make it content instead of opinion.

Quote:
Then don't ever ask me to requote anything or comment on my lack of with anyone else again.

I'll do as I want thanks.

Quote:
I hate to break it to you but these type of things happen without drug use when you get older. I can't wait until you get old and your body doesn't do what it's told.

True and lung cancer happens to a certain percentage as they get older as well, and heart disease, and all the others as well. The point is they happen MORE when you undertake certain actions and the Boomer have done so.

Quote:
I don't remember you raising these concerns during the Bush era. And please don't try to tell me it wasn't already up there in lights then. But I suppose he's a Boomer so it's ok. If I'm wrong please show me but remember it has to be old stuff while Bush was in office not new.

The rest is just the usual sophistry.

Perhaps you should see a doctor and get that memory checked.

Quote:
So you think the right is going to make this big comeback?

Not at all really. The semi-right has always joined with the left in this country and managed to keep down self interest by calling it racism. Thus we will probably be policing the world and running unsustainable trade deficits until the currency and then the country collapses.

Quote:
Tell me trumpy if the new pending healthcare bill passes, it works, and none of those boogymen like the deathcamps appear what do you think that will do for the Republican's image? Just asking. I know it's hypothetical and you have trouble with that but just something to consider.

If something good happens, then people benefit and the fight moves on. But considering we don't have a single government entitlement that isn't on course to go bankrupt, I don't see how adding this one will change that.

post #100 of 361
Quote:

Sorry but none of us earn any money doing this nor do we have any research grants assigned to generating content for discussion here. Plus if it works for MSNBC, CNN, and FOX, why not us? This is just political talk. Also just because you disagree with something doesn't make it content instead of opinion.

True and lung cancer happens to a certain percentage as they get older as well, and heart disease, and all the others as well. The point is they happen MORE when you undertake certain actions and the Boomer have done so.

Perhaps you should see a doctor and get that memory checked.

Not at all really. The semi-right has always joined with the left in this country and managed to keep down self interest by calling it racism. Thus we will probably be policing the world and running unsustainable trade deficits until the currency and then the country collapses.

If something good happens, then people benefit and the fight moves on. But considering we don't have a single government entitlement that isn't on course to go bankrupt, I don't see how adding this one will change that.

Quote:

I'm guessing you mean " Opinion instead of content " well it doesn't make it content either.

Quote:

Oh good! Another skeleton in your closet to remind you of.

Quote:
The point is they happen MORE when you undertake certain actions and the Boomer have done so.

To the extreme you're hinting at? And now you believe most of us are damaged by drugs and excess? Who says so? You?

Funny. I don't see anything about you being concerned about the debt there?

Quote:

And then guys like you will take over?

Quote:
If something good happens, then people benefit and the fight moves on.

If something good happens then people benefit and it also means you were wrong about your basic premise.
post #101 of 361
Quote:

I'm guessing you mean " Opinion instead of content " well it doesn't make it content either.

Work a little harder on discussion and a little less on dismissal. If you aren't getting what you want from here, then why reply?

Quote:
Oh good! Another skeleton in your closet to remind you of.

Yes because liberals are all about generating false guilt for attempts at control. Sorry Dad, but your years of proclaiming yourself an authority and demanding I feel bad over not jumping over your bar haven't and won't work. It's almost like I'm an independently thinking and acting person or something crazy like that. Save the guilt for your own kids. Good luck controlling them or anyone else with it.

Quote:
To the extreme you're hinting at? And now you believe most of us are damaged by drugs and excess? Who says so? You?

Well who says it has to be the majority? I've never said that and it is a straw man. The majority of them don't have to be anything to help bankrupt the system they've already looted.

Here's two recent articles for you. I'll likely go cross post them in the boomer thread too since it is apparent you would rather discuss that here rather than there.

Boomers still doing drugs as seniors.

Almost 5 percent of aging Baby Boomers in the United States are abusing drugs, a new government report shows.

That's about 4.3 million adults over the age of 50 who are smoking marijuana, abusing prescription medication and engaging in other illicit drug activity -- a number that far exceeds that of their parents' generation.......

......"This population tends to have other health problems, especially chronic health problems," Delany explained. "And as we age we don't metabolize drugs the same way."

Marijuana use on the rise with seniors

The most dramatic rise was between the age range of 55 to 59-years-old, in which the use of the drug tripled from 1.6 percent in 2002 to 5.1 percent in 2008.

Researchers believe that as the 78 million boomers age, there will be further increases.

Most folks would try to avoid such issues as they get older. As is usual, the boomers punch the accelerator. Perhaps you've smoked an extra 20 years beyond when you knew it was harmful. Sure you should have quit sooner but hey, I'm going to live forever. Now at the age at which those lung conditions are likely to flare up, increasing numbers (not all) of them are instead LIGHTING UP to get high.

As you noted for yourself, you get older, the body does less, you learn to treat it better. We perhaps you do Jimmac and again, good for you, but as a generation, the numbers are higher than previous generations and they aren't walking away from the bad habits, they are taking them up again.

Quote:
And then guys like you will take over?

Please by nature guys like me don't want control. We just want to avoid the repeated lootings to pay for the wrong policies over and over again.

Quote:
If something good happens then people benefit and it also means you were wrong about your basic premise.

Really...Really really??

You piss and moan that people won't engage in your hypotheticals. You claim they don't even want to ponder a positive outcome. I humor you and all you can say is, well then you'd be wrong.

Yes, Jimmac, additionally if magic unicorns came along and cured cancer and I said they wouldn't, I'd be wrong there too.

Thanks for proving my prior statements about the intent game so profoundly true. I stated truthfully that they were nothing more than a damned if you do or don't approach. It is just another way to try to shut someone up and control them. How can you judge so early? Then how can you judge at all? Then finally... how can you be so bad as to not even ponder how the bad outcome that has arrived could be a good one?

Talk about pure bullshit.

Obviously it is time to stop indulging the elderly and get back to the thread topic.

Mike Malloy
Quote:
Malloy called Justice Thomas a "Nazi" and a "house negro" who slavishly imitates Antonin Scalia and his wife was "an ignorant son of a bitch." At his strangest, Malloy claimed Justice Thomas has never authored a majority opinion for the high court. (In truth, he's written at least 140.)

He seemed race-obsessed as he claimed the "teabaggers" were racist, that they would object once they discovered "She’s a very, very, very, very, very white Omaha, Nebraska woman married to a very, very, very, very black South Georgia man."

People should be disgusted by this guy but he is part of that rising left-wing chorus.

post #102 of 361
Quote:

Work a little harder on discussion and a little less on dismissal. If you aren't getting what you want from here, then why reply?

Yes because liberals are all about generating false guilt for attempts at control. Sorry Dad, but your years of proclaiming yourself an authority and demanding I feel bad over not jumping over your bar haven't and won't work. It's almost like I'm an independently thinking and acting person or something crazy like that. Save the guilt for your own kids. Good luck controlling them or anyone else with it.

Well who says it has to be the majority? I've never said that and it is a straw man. The majority of them don't have to be anything to help bankrupt the system they've already looted.

Here's two recent articles for you. I'll likely go cross post them in the boomer thread too since it is apparent you would rather discuss that here rather than there.

Boomers still doing drugs as seniors.

Almost 5 percent of aging Baby Boomers in the United States are abusing drugs, a new government report shows.

That's about 4.3 million adults over the age of 50 who are smoking marijuana, abusing prescription medication and engaging in other illicit drug activity -- a number that far exceeds that of their parents' generation.......

......"This population tends to have other health problems, especially chronic health problems," Delany explained. "And as we age we don't metabolize drugs the same way."

Marijuana use on the rise with seniors

The most dramatic rise was between the age range of 55 to 59-years-old, in which the use of the drug tripled from 1.6 percent in 2002 to 5.1 percent in 2008.

Researchers believe that as the 78 million boomers age, there will be further increases.

Most folks would try to avoid such issues as they get older. As is usual, the boomers punch the accelerator. Perhaps you've smoked an extra 20 years beyond when you knew it was harmful. Sure you should have quit sooner but hey, I'm going to live forever. Now at the age at which those lung conditions are likely to flare up, increasing numbers (not all) of them are instead LIGHTING UP to get high.

As you noted for yourself, you get older, the body does less, you learn to treat it better. We perhaps you do Jimmac and again, good for you, but as a generation, the numbers are higher than previous generations and they aren't walking away from the bad habits, they are taking them up again.

Please by nature guys like me don't want control. We just want to avoid the repeated lootings to pay for the wrong policies over and over again.

Really...Really really??

You piss and moan that people won't engage in your hypotheticals. You claim they don't even want to ponder a positive outcome. I humor you and all you can say is, well then you'd be wrong.

Yes, Jimmac, additionally if magic unicorns came along and cured cancer and I said they wouldn't, I'd be wrong there too.

Thanks for proving my prior statements about the intent game so profoundly true. I stated truthfully that they were nothing more than a damned if you do or don't approach. It is just another way to try to shut someone up and control them. How can you judge so early? Then how can you judge at all? Then finally... how can you be so bad as to not even ponder how the bad outcome that has arrived could be a good one?

Talk about pure bullshit.

Obviously it is time to stop indulging the elderly and get back to the thread topic.

Mike Malloy

People should be disgusted by this guy but he is part of that rising left-wing chorus.

Quote:

God no! Not 5 percent!!!!!! I know you have trouble with percentages but 5 % isn't half or even most. So based on that example that would make myself and my friends the norm.

Also as far as pot smoking goes I've heard it's on the rise with all ages. As far as drugs go I think it's the most harmless. Even when compared with alchohol.

So again that really doesn't paint a terrible picture.

Quote:
Well who says it has to be the majority?

Once again you were trying to paint it that way!

Quote:

By goverment only passing laws that reflect your way of thinking. Uh huh.

Your refusial to see how weak your arguments have become shows this is not an intent game but another case of PPD. One of the symptoms is the victim trying to paint black as white even in the face of logic.

But nice attenpt at trying to wiggle out of this with no ammo.

Yes " Really " trumptman you are one of the most serious cases I've seen. But good luck with your delusions.

By the way. You must really be worried about the vote. You've changed your signature.
post #103 of 361
Quote:

God no! Not 5 percent!!!!!! I know you have trouble with percentages but 5 % isn't half or even most. So based on that example that would make myself and my friends the norm.

Not that says abusing, not just using. That means 5% of your generation are addicts even into old age. We aren't talking about the "gee I was young and stupid and then got my shit together years." We are talking about the "I'm old, I want my heroin and fix my knees dammit" years. As it noted that is 300% higher than the prior generation.

Quote:
Also as far as pot smoking goes I've heard it's on the rise with all ages. As far as drugs go I think it's the most harmless. Even when compared with alchohol.

Well as is the norm you demand I provide numbers and they your rebuttal is "I've heard."

Quote:
So again that really doesn't paint a terrible picture.

To those that inform themselves with deep data like "I've heard" no it doesn't.

Quote:
Once again you were trying to paint it that way!

It's called statistically significant. It's an actual concept even if you haven't "heard" about it in your circle. Does every person smoke or get lung cancer who does smoke? No but do we consider the costs statistically significant. Yes. Does every person who gets in an auto accident live even if their seatbelt is on. No. Does every person who gets into an accident not wearing their seatbelt die. No but because the changes between the two states are statistically significant, we mandate seatbelts in cars.
Quote:
By goverment only passing laws that reflect your way of thinking. Uh huh.

Sorry natural law works in my favor here. It is your worldview that the government must come in and enforce. Income and now health redistribution requires the government to do. Being left alone doesn't require the government to do.

Quote:
Your refusial to see how weak your arguments have become shows this is not an intent game but another case of PPD. One of the symptoms is the victim trying to paint black as white even in the face of logic.

But nice attenpt at trying to wiggle out of this with no ammo.

Yes " Really " trumptman you are one of the most serious cases I've seen. But good luck with your delusions.

By the way. You must really be worried about the vote. You've changed your signature.

Actually the point was well made. They dropped the DEEM option didn't they. As for the rest of your nonsense. It isn't anymore true than anything else you "heard." Keep that blindspot up there Jimmac. The USA will soon lose triple AAA and things will start to get expensive quick and that is before the whole range of tax increases occurring under Obama. I have no doubt your generation will be shaking their fingers and cane demanding their broken lives be fixed.

post #104 of 361
Quote:

Not that says abusing, not just using. That means 5% of your generation are addicts even into old age. We aren't talking about the "gee I was young and stupid and then got my shit together years." We are talking about the "I'm old, I want my heroin and fix my knees dammit" years. As it noted that is 300% higher than the prior generation.

Well as is the norm you demand I provide numbers and they your rebuttal is "I've heard."

To those that inform themselves with deep data like "I've heard" no it doesn't.

It's called statistically significant. It's an actual concept even if you haven't "heard" about it in your circle. Does every person smoke or get lung cancer who does smoke? No but do we consider the costs statistically significant. Yes. Does every person who gets in an auto accident live even if their seatbelt is on. No. Does every person who gets into an accident not wearing their seatbelt die. No but because the changes between the two states are statistically significant, we mandate seatbelts in cars.

Sorry natural law works in my favor here. It is your worldview that the government must come in and enforce. Income and now health redistribution requires the government to do. Being left alone doesn't require the government to do.

Actually the point was well made. They dropped the DEEM option didn't they. As for the rest of your nonsense. It isn't anymore true than anything else you "heard." Keep that blindspot up there Jimmac. The USA will soon lose triple AAA and things will start to get expensive quick and that is before the whole range of tax increases occurring under Obama. I have no doubt your generation will be shaking their fingers and cane demanding their broken lives be fixed.

Trumpy you have no ammo. Geez!
post #105 of 361
Quote:

Trumpy you have no ammo. Geez!

I guess that is what you "heard" down at the doughnut shop.

Back to the thread topic.....

Keith O almost goes apeshit on Fineman because... in being racist and declaring Obama has certain innate abilities due to his genes and ancestry (which is racist by the way) he almost declares he was born outside the United States.

Keith O was quick with the assist before Fineman became one of those evil birthers.

Quote:
FINEMAN: Okay. Persistence by President Obama, who comes from a country of long-distance runners and was one; persistence in canniness by Nancy Pelosi and Rahm Emanuel, the speaker and the chief of the staff who know the House and how it works; compromise, because this bill does not have the public option, Keith, it does not have single-payer. This, in some ways, is a preservation and enhancement, if you will, of the existing system. Clever parliamentary maneuvering, pressure on Democrats, mistakes by the Republicans who painted themselves into a corner with the insurance industry, attacks on the insurance industry, last-minute deals involving the student loans which will make the reconciliation bill work, and a deal with Bart Stupak on abortion at the end. That`s how it all went down. I always thought they were going to pass it. I never knew how.

OLBERMANN: You know, the headline, by the way, unless we fix this right now. You just said that the President comes from a nation of long-distance runners. You mean he`s descended from them.

FINEMAN: Descended from them, excuse me.

OLBERMANN: Otherwise, the headline is, "Fineman, birther."

FINEMAN: Birther, yeah, no, descended from.

OLBERMANN: Howard Fineman of MSNBC and Newsweek and "Birther Weekly," not really. Thank you, Howard. Good to talk to you again.

FINEMAN: Thanks, Keith. You, too.

Put the weapons down Keith. Step away from the violence you were pondering propagating. In the meantime, maybe Fineman can explain why Pelosi and Rahm are just persistent because of their jobs but Obama is persistent because of his ancestry.

post #106 of 361
Oh dear.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/22...andalized.html

Democratic offices across America are being vandalised. And it's organised Tea Party dickheads.

Quote:
Authorities in Wichita and some other cities across the country are investigating vandalism against Democratic offices, apparently in response to health care reform.

And on Monday, a former Alabama militia leader took credit for instigating the actions.

Mike Vanderboegh of Pinson, Ala., former leader of the Alabama Constitutional Militia, put out a call on Friday for modern Sons of Liberty to break the windows of Democratic Party offices nationwide in opposition to health care reform. Since then, vandals have struck several offices, including the Sedgwick County Democratic Party headquarters in Wichita.

There is no analogue to this on the 'other side'. There is a rising tide of organised right wing violence in America and people are explicitly taking credit for their actions.

What do the experts say?

Quote:
Those who monitor right-wing extremist groups said they werent surprised to hear of the vandalism.

Passage of health care reform will elicit a variety of responses from its opponents, said Leonard Zeskind, author of the 2009 book Blood and Politics.

We can expect militia types like Vanderboegh to become even more far-fetched and violent.
post #107 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Oh dear.

http:///www.kansascity.com/2010/03/2...andalized.html

Democratic offices across America are being vandalised. And it's organised Tea Party dickheads.

There is no analogue to this on the 'other side'. There is a rising tide of organised right wing violence in America and people are explicitly taking credit for their actions.

What do the experts say?

Perhaps you would find your analog if you looked at your claimed expert.

post #108 of 361

From Cashill hahaha!!

It's great that Trump doesn't get irony - he keeps feeding us the ammo but we don't even need to use it...he shoots down his whole thread for us every time!!

Jack Cashill Endorses Murder

Quote:
The conspiracy-happy WorldNetDaily columnist hides facts to defend a Navy sailor convicted of killing a gay man -- and praised the death of an abortion doctor as "frontier justice."
post #109 of 361

Instead of actually commenting on the facts, trumptman, which are that Democratic offices have been vandalised by violent right wing extremists very proud of their actions and encouraging others to do the same, you seem to be attacking someone who provided a quote.

And yet. The facts remain: Democratic offices have been vandalised by right wing extremists very proud of their actions and encouraging others to do the same.

Isn't that funny?

There really is a tide of right wing violence.

There really isn't a single organised left militia encouraging others to do the same.

Isn't that funny? You made an ad hominem circumstantial on someone who was commenting on the events. You didn't address the events.

At all. This is typical of you.
post #110 of 361
Quote:

Back to the thread topic.....

Keith O almost goes apeshit on Fineman because... in being racist and declaring Obama has certain innate abilities due to his genes and ancestry (which is racist by the way) he almost declares he was born outside the United States.

Keith O was quick with the assist before Fineman became one of those evil birthers.

Put the weapons down Keith. Step away from the violence you were pondering propagating. In the meantime, maybe Fineman can explain why Pelosi and Rahm are just persistent because of their jobs but Obama is persistent because of his ancestry.

Quote:

Actually I heard it from your comments right here at the sand box.
post #111 of 361
Quote:

Instead of actually commenting on the facts, trumptman, which are that Democratic offices have been vandalised by violent right wing extremists very proud of their actions and encouraging others to do the same, you seem to be attacking someone who provided a quote.

And yet. The facts remain: Democratic offices have been vandalised by right wing extremists very proud of their actions and encouraging others to do the same.

Isn't that funny?

There really is a tide of right wing violence.

There really isn't a single organised left militia encouraging others to do the same.

Isn't that funny? You made an ad hominem circumstantial on someone who was commenting on the events. You didn't address the events.

At all. This is typical of you.

Please prove that the offices have been vandalized by right wing extremists. You have a person who "took credit for instigating" the actions. He doesn't claim to have engaged in the actions. Have there been any arrests, anyone coming forward and admitting it was them?

You are speculating. Some of us remember incidents like this one. What you claim isn't impossible, just wait until you have more than speculation to press your point. It is a well understood and known leftist tactic that you tar and smear your opponent with claims of -isms and if they won't cooperate by engaging in the actions, well.... you just hang those nooses, break those windows yourself and have someone in the crowd say a slur was yelled anyway.

post #112 of 361
Quote:

From Cashill hahaha!!

It's great that Trump doesn't get irony - he keeps feeding us the ammo but we don't even need to use it...he shoots down his whole thread for us every time!!

Jack Cashill Endorses Murder

Please feel free to prove the STO wasn't a communist organization and that Zeskind didn't belong to it.

post #113 of 361
uh oh... here comes the bogeyman! COMMUNIST! :o OMFG NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

McCarthy rides again.
post #114 of 361
I love this thread. Violent rhetoric infuses the rhetoric of teabaggers. They carry signs saying that a "browning" can fix the problem. They talk about blood and the tree of liberty. They bring guns to protests. They talk about another civil war. They call for bricks to be thrown through windows of Democratic headquarters.

But a professor killed people because she didn't get tenure, and she was a Democrat!
post #115 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

uh oh... here comes the bogeyman! COMMUNIST! :o OMFG NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

McCarthy rides again.

So what you are saying is you would like to discuss how being a communist makes one a expert on race relations.

Besidies being a blogger, writing a book and being a go to guy with regard to continually claiming there will soon be a race war instigated by the angry white people, why exactly do we give this guy merit again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I love this thread. Violent rhetoric infuses the rhetoric of teabaggers. They carry signs saying that a "browning" can fix the problem. They talk about blood and the tree of liberty. They bring guns to protests. They talk about another civil war. They call for bricks to be thrown through windows of Democratic headquarters.

But a professor killed people because she didn't get tenure, and she was a Democrat!

It's crazy isn't it? It's almost like speech and actions are two different things, the founders understood that and thus made freedom of one a right. Crazy concept I know. Maybe the world out there has an understanding of similes and metaphors too.

post #116 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Excellent. Very well put.

The most hilarious thing of all is this: the person you're replying to has an entire thread devoted to left wing violence, the sum total of which is, apparently, Keith Olbermann making a joke.

And of course, his ridiculously high standards of proof, which preclude photographs and quites from right wing extremist blogs, don't apply at any point. When it's his thread.
post #117 of 361
Quote:

The most hilarious thing of all is this: the person you're replying to has an entire thread devoted to left wing violence, the sum total of which is, apparently, Keith Olbermann making a joke.

And of course, his ridiculously high standards of proof, which preclude photographs and quites from right wing extremist blogs, don't apply at any point. When it's his thread.

There are many more links than that but please continue to discredit yourself. Perhaps between the accusations and trying to find the right thread to post in, you'll realize that such actions do not persuade.

post #118 of 361
Quote:

Another link between right-wing perspectives and a distorted perception of reality....it's undeniable now. The evidence is irrefutable.

The only question is how should we deal with this epidemic?
post #119 of 361
Apparently the way same way those in Congress have by making up allegations to distract from your own actions.

post #120 of 361
Quote:

Apparently the way same way those in Congress have by making up allegations to distract from your own actions.

Nietzsche is one of my personal heroes...surely you cannot possibly appreciate him???? AND Ayn Rand??? It's not possible.....

I know people think he was right-wing and a Nazi but he was the opposite..he hated wingers.... you do know that don't you??

And that quote in that context blew up the irony meter...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The rising tide of left wing extremism and violence