or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tea Party Terrorism
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tea Party Terrorism - Page 5

post #161 of 397
Clearly a few on these forums are taking their talking points from their White House issued Blackberries.

Boy I wish someone would hack into that JourooList server again. People have short memories but I certainly remember the stories about that list server and all the talking heads who frequent it. Someone needs to hack in and reveal some truth again.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #162 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Here's a sample of the outrageous peace protesters that were ignored and encouraged by democrats, liberals and the MSM during the last administration. I don't remember the cries for moderation in tone and message back then.
]

Yes. All that stuff is disgusting, and indefensible.

Now can you give me those links to where people are enacting violence against elected officials, as we have seen last week?

Over a few days, broken windows, hundreds of death threats, white powder in the post, the FBI offering extra protection to Republican congressmen, the arrests of left-wing militia indicted on charges of sedition and manufacturing weapons of mass destruction to kill policemen? In the same week, following the enaction of a single piece of legislation?

Thanks in advance.
post #163 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

So if the person is left wing the motives can be parsed out between, say, religion or political affiliation then. They are not at all intertwined in that case? However for the right winger, there is no such line...

?

Hutaree were not exactly hiding the fact that they were a Christian organisation.

The guy who attacked the recruiting office was a radical Muslim.

Besides, 25% of Republicans think that Barack Obama is the antichrist, 67% think he is a socialist, and 45% think he wasn't born in America.

http://www.livescience.com/php/multi...Science&title=
post #164 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Yes. All that stuff is disgusting, and indefensible.

Now can you give me those links to where people are enacting violence against elected officials, as we have seen last week?

Over a few days, broken windows, hundreds of death threats, white powder in the post, the FBI offering extra protection to Republican congressmen, the arrests of left-wing militia indicted on charges of sedition and manufacturing weapons of mass destruction to kill policemen? In the same week, following the enaction of a single piece of legislation?

Thanks in advance.

Woman had to call 911 because of road rage induced by her bumper sticker.

Bumper sticker evokes road rage


This is a good one.

http://www.binscorner.com/pages/d/de...rotests-i.html


You didn't even know about the finger being bitten off. You didn't know about it because the MSM buried the story. If that happened to an ObamaCare supporter it would be splashed all over the news.

You've basically lost the argument. What you're trying to do is raise the bar each time I post something relevant. It's okay to be wrong.
post #165 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post



You didn't even know about the finger being bitten off. You didn't know about it because the MSM buried the story. If that happened to an ObamaCare supporter it would be splashed all over the news.

I thought the finger biting insident was covered by the MSM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWX60Qcr5Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViYTeUm2ouY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNSHlPQbiqI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J66irQg66Ys
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #166 of 397
Does anyone watch local new anymore. See if you can find mention of it at NYT.
post #167 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Does anyone watch local new anymore. See if you can find mention of it at NYT.

I couldn't find anything in the nyt, but a quick search I found msnbc and huffpo.

msnbc- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32679571...th_care_reform
huffpo- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_276235.html

and those YouTube links were all different. There was-

Natonally televised CNN the "situation room"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViYTeUm2ouY

Nationally televised FOX News- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNSHlPQbiqI (you'll notice in this interview that the man who had his finger bitten says he punched the "biter" in the face twice first!)
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #168 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I couldn't find anything in the nyt, but a quick search I found msnbc and huffpo.

msnbc- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32679571...th_care_reform
huffpo- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_276235.html

and those YouTube links were all different. There was-

Natonally televised CNN the "situation room"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViYTeUm2ouY

Nationally televised FOX News- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNSHlPQbiqI (you'll notice in this interview that the man who had his finger bitten says he punched the "biter" in the face twice first!)

Oh, he punched him, well that is totally different. He should have bit the guys whole hand off. \
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #169 of 397
Well, now the talking heads just admit it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ani93EHvXcE#t=7m26

Watch the last 30 seconds of this clip. Sean Hannity thanks the tea party movement and calls them "Tim McVeigh wannabes" to thunderous applause. Wow.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #170 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Well, now the talking heads just admit it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ani93EHvXcE#t=7m26

Watch the last 30 seconds of this clip. Sean Hannity thanks the tea party movement and calls them "Tim McVeigh wannabes" to thunderous applause. Wow.

From what I can see, he was quoting a quip from a left leaning blog that had labeled Tea party members "Tim McVeigh wannabees". He was responding to the quote through slight derision. He is not advocating another Oklahoma city or praising Tim McVeigh... \

You actually believe he is that stupid, don't you?

Some Context:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,590063,00.html

Guess you would have to watch his show to fully understand the context of his thoughts. (I don't but about 5 minutes on Google and it was clear.) Rather than assume he meant what you think he meant, some research might bring some truth to the discussion.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #171 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

From what I can see, he was quoting a quip from a left leaning blog that had labeled Tea party members "Tim McVeigh wannabees". He was responding to the quote through slight derision. He is not advocating another Oklahoma city or praising Tim McVeigh... \

You actually believe he is that stupid, don't you?

No, I think he believes Hannity is advocating violence. Didn't you get the memo?

1. Those who oppose Obama are dangerous.

2. Those who Obama are violent, racist, sexist, homophobic bastards.

3. Their violent, racist, sexist, homophobic bastard ways are becoming mainstream for the GOP.


</memo>
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #172 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

From what I can see, he was quoting a quip from a left leaning blog that had labeled Tea party members "Tim McVeigh wannabees". He was responding to the quote through slight derision. He is not advocating another Oklahoma city or praising Tim McVeigh... \

You actually believe he is that stupid, don't you?

Some Context:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,590063,00.html

Guess you would have to watch his show to fully understand the context of his thoughts. (I don't but about 5 minutes on Google and it was clear.) Rather than assume he meant what you think he meant, some research might bring some truth to the discussion.

NoahJ FTW
post #173 of 397

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #174 of 397
Shhhhh Jazz you are ruining the plan. The wave election is going to be precipitated in part by folks on the left screaming that everyone is a locked and loaded racist who wants to murder the president.

They keep doing that and that 40% leave and don't vote for the Democrats for quite a long time!

Please don't warn them and stop them. Help them play into their own delusions and caricatures!

(/sarcasm)

Why no Jazzguru, I think you are wrong. Everyone knows only white people who balance their checkbooks and work are in the tea party. They were all Democrats 40 years ago but they all left after the Democratic party decided to help black people. Now they are all in the locked and loaded Republican party where they wear white hoods, chain smoke and count their missing teeth all while also being greedy, rich and controlling everything because they are complete hateful idiots.

They will probably kill everyone in the next week or two with their heated rhetoric and bricks. Please make sure everyone knows who they are and that they know that the Democratic party never, ever wants their votes and doesn't have to worry about them and their concerns ever.

(/sarcasm off)

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #175 of 397
I could find nothing that linked Joseph Stack, the pilot of the plane that slammed into the IRS building that linked him with the Tea Party, so the premises of the OP post not clear.

http://www.zimbio.com/Joseph+Andrew+...h+Andrew+Stack

There is increasing dissatisfaction growing in this country with both the Democratic and Republican Parties--reason why more people are becoming Independents. More disenfranchised Democrats are joining the Tea Party movement.
@http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/02/democrats.tea.party/index.html

Some surveys showing the political make up of the Tea Party are:
http://winstongroup.net/2010/04/01/b...arty-movement/

http://www.indianapolisteaparty.com/...al-affiliation

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...party-movement

The polls show that although the Republicans might be a majority, there is a large percentage that are independents.
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #176 of 397

Well, since most "independents" these days are hard-core conservatives trying to distance themselves from the utter failure of the Republicans, I'm not surprised. What are the percentage that are Democrats (not "independents")? That would give a far better picture. But of course, then, it wouldn't obfuscate the truth as well.
post #177 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Well, since most "independents" these days are hard-core conservatives trying to distance themselves from the utter failure of the Republicans, I'm not surprised. What are the percentage that are Democrats (not "independents")? That would give a far better picture. But of course, then, it wouldn't obfuscate the truth as well.

The truth that conservatives are the largest ideological group in the U.S. and thus are not small, extreme, fringe, shrinking or anything else?

I'm glad you noticed.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #178 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Well, since most "independents" these days are hard-core conservatives trying to distance themselves from the utter failure of the Republicans, I'm not surprised. What are the percentage that are Democrats (not "independents")? That would give a far better picture. But of course, then, it wouldn't obfuscate the truth as well.

Quote:
The national breakdown of the Tea Party composition is 57 percent Republican, 28 percent Independent and 13 percent Democratic, according to three national polls by the Winston Group, a Republican-leaning firm that conducted the surveys on behalf of an education advocacy group. Two-thirds of the group call themselves conservative, 26 are moderate and 8 percent say they are liberal.

Baggers are mostly white.

Baggers are mostly male.

Baggers are mostly older.

Baggers are mostly uneducated.

Baggers are mostly racists.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #179 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The truth that conservatives are the largest ideological group in the U.S. and thus are not small, extreme, fringe, shrinking or anything else?

I'm glad you noticed.

Yet they don't realize that the failure of the Republican Party is not due to Republicans drifting from "conservative" ideals so much as adhering to them.
post #180 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yet they don't realize that the failure of the Republican Party is not due to Republicans drifting from "conservative" ideals so much as adhering to them.

Try again. What we call the tea party today we called the reform party back in 1992. It isn't hard to see that this group is out there and that they are upset over the Republican party and leadership not being conservative enough. They are for sound government that addresses the debt, fair trade over free trade. Even Wikipedia gets it right.

Quote:
In 1995, the Republicans took control of the House of Representatives, largely on the strength of the "Contract With America", which recognized and promised to deal with many of the issues Perot's voters had mobilized to support in 1992. However, two of the major provisions (Constitutional amendments for term limits and the balanced budgets) failed to secure the two-thirds congressional majorities required to take effect. The term limits amendment vote failed in the house on a 227-204-1 vote (288 votes were required); the balanced budget amendment passed in the House of Representatives, but failed by two votes in the Senate. (Sen. Bob Dole voted against the amendment on procedural grounds when it became apparent that it was going to fail; by voting no he could attempt to bring it up again at a later date. A second vote on the amendment in the Senate in 1997 failed by one vote in a 66-34 split.)

Republicans need to grab the top concerns of the Tea Partiers and make sure they promise to address them if elected, especially since they are conservative principles they ought to be following anyway for the most part.

They did that in 1994 and had control of the House for the next 12 years.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #181 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Baggers are mostly white.

Baggers are mostly male.

Baggers are mostly older.

Baggers are mostly uneducated.

Baggers are mostly racists.

I'm sure you'll disagree with this because it doesn't resonate in your hate and slander people you disagree with politically echo chamber.


Tea Party Anger Reflects Mainstream Concerns
Dissatisfaction with the economy and the country's direction cuts across racial lines.
post #182 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I'm sure you'll disagree with this because it doesn't resonate in your hate and slander people you disagree with politically echo chamber.


Tea Party Anger Reflects Mainstream Concerns
Dissatisfaction with the economy and the country's direction cuts across racial lines.

An extreme bias-with-intent op-ed hit piece from the Urinal?
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #183 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Try again. What we call the tea party today we called the reform party back in 1992. It isn't hard to see that this group is out there and that they are upset over the Republican party and leadership not being conservative enough. They are for sound government that addresses the debt, fair trade over free trade. Even Wikipedia gets it right.



Republicans need to grab the top concerns of the Tea Partiers and make sure they promise to address them if elected, especially since they are conservative principles they ought to be following anyway for the most part.

They did that in 1994 and had control of the House for the next 12 years.

My favorite part?

Quote:
failed

Quote:
to secure the two-thirds congressional majorities required to take effect

Then that train wreck called Dubya showed up, no balanced budget amendment, massive tax cuts, even more massive spending (ending in FY2009 with over a trillion doller budget deficit), Iraq, and ending with The Great Depression Part Deux.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #184 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The truth that conservatives are the largest ideological group in the U.S. and thus are not small, extreme, fringe, shrinking or anything else?

I'm glad you noticed.

Yes. The extreme , fringe, shrinking ( Neocon ) part only represent a small portion of conservatives now but are the loudest. Also will be the first to go with reform.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #185 of 397
Perhaps this thread should be closed and locked. There clearly is no tea party terrorism. Slurs have been disproven. No arrests of anyone claimed to have vandalized any property has occurred. Even the OP is a brand new poster who's entire posting history consists of starting this thread and replying to it a few times.

TPT has turned out to be the same as unicorns and fairies.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #186 of 397
Why have you not called for your own thread about healthcare reform not happening to be locked?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #187 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Why have you not called for your own thread about healthcare reform not happening to be locked?

I cannot speak for trumptman but, for my money, it might be because we don't yet know whether reform has happened yet.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #188 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It isn't hard to see that this group is out there and that they are upset over the Republican party and leadership not being conservative enough.

That's right. They are upset that the Republican failure is not conservative enough. But as I said, what they fail to see, is that being more conservative will only mean being more of a failure. To disprove this, you could simply point out one regime more right-wing than the Bush II administration that has been successful. In the world. Ever. In history.

That's right, you can't. Reagan wasn't more "conservative" than Bush. He raised taxes. Several "entitlement" programs passed under his watch.

"Conservative" economics, when it means supply side economics, don't work. They never have.

"Conservative" social policy breaks families and victimizes minorities.

"Conservative" gun policy has turned our nation into the most dangerous "first-world" nation in the world.

"Conservative" fiscal policy, i.e. cutting benefits for the poor, only results in higher crime and class warfare.

Yet you'll deny it and claim that the reason Bush was a failure was that he wasn't "conservative" enough. Right.
post #189 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Perhaps this thread should be closed and locked. There clearly is no tea party terrorism. Slurs have been disproven. No arrests of anyone claimed to have vandalized any property has occurred. Even the OP is a brand new poster who's entire posting history consists of starting this thread and replying to it a few times.

TPT has turned out to be the same as unicorns and fairies.

Yeah, I agree let's close this thread as it's based on absolutely nothing real, as compared with the recent real and documented cases of radical right extremism.

George Tiller

United States Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting

Hutaree

Fred Phelps

Patriot movement

Far-right politics in the United States

Hate Map

Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #190 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Perhaps this thread should be closed and locked. There clearly is no tea party terrorism. Slurs have been disproven. No arrests of anyone claimed to have vandalized any property has occurred. Even the OP is a brand new poster who's entire posting history consists of starting this thread and replying to it a few times.
.

On the contrary.

The arrests in Michigan of members of the Hutaree organisation, who were intending to murder policemen, apparently, disprove your statement.

And besides, just because no one has been arrested of the crimes doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Police call these sorts of crimes 'unsolved crimes', which means that although they're looking for the culprits, they haven't found them yet.

This thread should stay open until they catch the bastards, or until right wing extremists stop throwing bricks through windows of Democratic offices and frightening the children of democratically elected officials.

Whichever comes first.
post #191 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

The arrests in Michigan of members of the Hutaree organisation, who were intending to murder policemen, apparently, disprove your statement.

Unless you can prove they were part of the "Tea Party" then I'd say you are wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

And besides, just because no one has been arrested of the crimes doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Unless you can prove they were done by "Tea Partiers" then I guess you might still be wrong.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

This thread should stay open until they catch the bastards, or until right wing extremists stop throwing bricks through windows of Democratic offices and frightening the children of democratically elected officials.

Whichever comes first.

Or until it is proven that it was "right wing extremists" that did these things and that "right wing extremists" and "Tea Party" are the same thing.


The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #192 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Or until it is proven that it was "right wing extremists" that did these things and that "right wing extremists" and "Tea Party" are the same thing.

And yet, these crimes still happened, even though no one has caught the culprits!

Oh well.

Even you must admit that it's a very strange co-incidence that these crimes should have occurred within hours of the Health Care Insurance reform bill being passed and after posts on prominent Tea Party blogs told people to break windows.

Hey ho. I'm sure someone'll be caught, and then we can ask them if they consider themselves left wing or right wing. But you're completely right, we'll never really know until we catch them what their political leanings are.

Perhaps they were Democrats enraged by the Democrats passing this Democratic legislation?

I suppose we'll just have to catch them to find out!
post #193 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

And yet, these crimes still happened, even though no one has caught the culprits!

We know that something has happened. Whether they are crimes cannot be said with certainty until the perpetrator is found and more information is discovered. Furthermore, the entire premise of the thread is that it was done by a certain group referred to as the "Tea Party." I don't believe this premise has been prove yet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Even you must admit that it's a very strange co-incidence that these crimes should have occurred within hours of the Health Care Insurance reform bill being passed and after posts on prominent Tea Party blogs told people to break windows.

I would agree that circumstantial evidence points in the direction of people who read "Tea Party" blogs having done these things.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

I suppose we'll just have to catch them to find out!

Yep.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #194 of 397
Let's not forget the original post that started it all that you are arguing...

It had the bold heading of:
Tea Party Terrorism
Quote:
Originally Posted by jji View Post

Apparently the anti-government, anti-tax crowd has started adopting the Islamists' tactics.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/18/tex...ex.html?hpt=T1

It's a pretty scary turn of events.

And you are claiming the following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

And yet, these crimes still happened, even though no one has caught the culprits!

Oh well.

Even you must admit that it's a very strange co-incidence that these crimes should have occurred within hours of the Health Care Insurance reform bill being passed and after posts on prominent Tea Party blogs told people to break windows.

Hey ho. I'm sure someone'll be caught, and then we can ask them if they consider themselves left wing or right wing. But you're completely right, we'll never really know until we catch them what their political leanings are.

Perhaps they were Democrats enraged by the Democrats passing this Democratic legislation?

I suppose we'll just have to catch them to find out!

This is not simply claiming conservative or right wing terrorism, the thread premise is that Tea Partiers are specifically responsible for these actions. Civil disobedience is one thing, and calling for broken windows is another, but terrorism? Flying planes into buildings? That is a long stretch there...
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #195 of 397
You're quite right.

It would be much more accurate if the thread title were "Right Wing Extremist Violence", and the link were made between the rhetoric that's firing up members of the Tea Party, locating the Tea Party in a wider continuum of fringe and right-of-mainstream right wing groups.
post #196 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

An extreme bias-with-intent op-ed hit piece from the Urinal?

Oh yea. Juan Williams is a total ideologue. And he's a racist too because he disagreed with Our Obama at least once.
post #197 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Why have you not called for your own thread about healthcare reform not happening to be locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I cannot speak for trumptman but, for my money, it might be because we don't yet know whether reform has happened yet.

MJ1970 hits it on the nose. Most of the provisions won't even be in effect for almost four years. There are taxes in it that won't take effect until 2018 if I recall correctly. The reason repeal and replace makes good political sense is because the Democrats passed very little that takes effect now and the parts that do take effect now likely would have gotten a lot of support if not attached to the much more damaging and much later provisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Unless you can prove they were part of the "Tea Party" then I'd say you are wrong.

Unless you can prove they were done by "Tea Partiers" then I guess you might still be wrong.

Or until it is proven that it was "right wing extremists" that did these things and that "right wing extremists" and "Tea Party" are the same thing.

Bingo again. Also note that they were done to Republicans as well so why would the only assign them to the tea party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

We know that something has happened. Whether they are crimes cannot be said with certainty until the perpetrator is found and more information is discovered. Furthermore, the entire premise of the thread is that it was done by a certain group referred to as the "Tea Party." I don't believe this premise has been prove yet.

I would agree that circumstantial evidence points in the direction of people who read "Tea Party" blogs having done these things.

Yep.

Yet circumstantial evidence would also point to false claims and falsifying evidence to help distract from a profoundly unpopular vote. Circumstantially the parties most likely to have done this are Democratic operatives who know their media allies will use it to build a meme to discredit opposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Oh yea. Juan Williams is a total ideologue. And he's a racist too because he disagreed with Our Obama at least once.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #198 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Baggers are mostly white.

Baggers are mostly male.

Baggers are mostly older.

Baggers are mostly uneducated.

Baggers are mostly racists.

Why am I not surprised that Mumbo is letting this one pass without comment?

Because lefties are mostly hypocritical cowards?
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #199 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Why am I not surprised that Mumbo is letting this one pass without comment?

Because lefties are mostly hypocritical cowards?

Heaven forbid there be a demand for proof.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #200 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Why am I not surprised that Mumbo is letting this one pass without comment?

Because lefties are mostly hypocritical cowards?

The first three are factual, see;

Behind the Headlines: Whats driving the Tea Party Movement?

The last two, substitute more for mostly.

As in;

Baggers are more uneducated than the population as a whole.

Baggers are more racist than the population as a whole.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tea Party Terrorism