or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tea Party Terrorism

Tea Party Terrorism - Page 7

post #241 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The Federal Government never gives up something it has started. Even long after the source of the problem is gone. We still have troops in Japan. Are they still our enemy? We still have troops in Germany. Are we still fighting Hitler?

USSR/Russia and North Korea.

We also have troops in Cuba, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #242 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

How do you do that exactly?

Add the words "try to unsuccessfully" before "force" my bad.
post #243 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Add the words "try to unsuccessfully" before "force" my bad.

Yes, but your implication seems to be that someone posting here is forcing (or trying to at least) their "very biased viewpoint onto others." Is the bar for "force" now so low that it is equivalent to "express" or "state" a "very biased viewpoint?"

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #244 of 397
Quote:

Yes, but your implication seems to be that someone posting here is forcing (or trying to at least) their "very biased viewpoint onto others." Is the bar for "force" now so low that it is equivalent to "express" or "state" a "very biased viewpoint?"

No. The key word was unsuccessfully.
post #245 of 397
Quote:

No. The key word was unsuccessfully.

The key word is force. What constitutes force to you? I'm just curious.

post #246 of 397
Quote:

The key word is force. What constitutes force to you? I'm just curious.

PO has a long history, look for it's cause/origin and it's originators.
post #247 of 397
Quote:

PO has a long history, look for it's cause/origin and it's originators.

So you won't answer the question. Got it.

You mis-used the word "force." It's okay to admit the mistake.

post #248 of 397
Quote:
Congress has amended and extended the Act several times since its original passage, the most recent being the 25-year extension signed by President George W. Bush in 2006.

Quote:
President George W. Bush signed the bill in a morning ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House on July 27, 2006, one year in advance of the 2007 expiration date. The audience included members of the families of slain civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks. Also in attendance were the Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, NAACP Chairman Julian Bond and other prominent African Americans.[9]

I must admit that Dubya did do one good thing while in office, see above.
post #249 of 397
Quote:

It's okay to admit the mistake.

I stated as much.

By adding the words "unsuccessfully try to" before the word "force" giving "unsuccessfully try to force"
post #250 of 397
Quote:

I stated as much.

By adding the words "unsuccessfully try to" before the word "force" giving "unsuccessfully try to force"

Your implication still stands that expressing or stating a view in this forum is an attempt to force it onto others. I find such a view highly questionable and somewhat disturbing. Furthermore, that implication would cover everyone, including yourself (an irony that you seem to be oblivious to.)

\

Oh well.

post #251 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Quote:

Just you're typical bunch of stupid old white male racists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Name calling only makes you look more foolish than you are. Just who are you including in you're typical bunch of stupid old white male racists?
Have a good night

Quote:

Are we not on the internets?
Are we not in PO?

Are we not dancing around the question so as not to specifically Ad Hom while still saying what we think about the people we are debating?
Your postition is very clear, especially when your restatements are merely the same broad brush arguments........
So, you have generally showed that you hate a movement of people, of which I would be surprised if you have personally met a member of and known it, Ad Hom'd it, and Libeled it, and generally feel pretty good about yourself. Congratulations, what a victory for you...

The majority of tea party members are:
I am
White: not white
Racist: not a racist
Bigot: not bigoted
Hateful: not hatful except against those who hate
Rich: definitely not rich
Conservative: moderate to not too conservative
Republican: was a life long Dem, then Repub, now looking at independent (lowercase i)
Men: gender male

added to list
Old: over 50 that's all you need to know
Religious: not, but tolerate people who are no matter of religion
Tea Preference: loose leaf not bagged

franksargent I did take your comment personally. Your statement was vague with respect who you were including in your comment
And thanks NoahJ you are one of the sensible ones here on AO. Your post was great, well tempered and on point.
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #252 of 397
Quote:

Your words, not mine.

White? Check.

Racists? More so than the national average.

You left out uneducated, male, old. More so than the national average, check, check.

Why do we still need this (expires in 2041) and these and this?

Sorry, Rich was not your word, and I did use the word Men. Forgot Uneducated (Read ignorant) and old (which was where the Rich usually ties in but I was inferring). Still does not make it any better or less of a broad brush attack on a group.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #253 of 397
I have been of the view that theTea Party Movement rhetoric is dangerous. However, having just read the following I no longer believe that they're not connected to terrorism-

The following was posted at Tea Party Patriots: Official Home of the American Tea Party Movement-

"FBI raids Tea Party Compound.
Posted by Jim Randleman on March 28, 2010 at 11:07am in Uncategorized
FBI raids Tea Party Compound.
annarborchronicle.com
Several media outlets report that the FBI conducted raids on Saturday night and Sunday morning at several locations in Washtenaw and Lenewee counties in Michigan. Homeland Security and the Joint Anti-terrorism Task Force are also involved in the raids on a Tea Party Compound."
~ http://mediamatters.org/columns/201004060005
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #254 of 397
Quote:

Your implication still stands that expressing or stating a view in this forum is an attempt to force it onto others. I find such a view highly questionable and somewhat disturbing. Furthermore, that implication would cover everyone, including yourself (an irony that you seem to be oblivious to.)

\

Oh well.

No, you are wrong, as I do fully understand that I am included.

However, I don't start many threads in PO for that very obvious fact.

I don't "have an ax to grind" to the degree that I need to start dozens of threads per year, and then staunchly defend my POV for the sake of defending my POV (aka intellectual ownership).

I too, find such a view (force feeding) highly questionable and somewhat disturbing.
post #255 of 397
Jonah Goldberg chimes in on the Tea Party movement:

Quote:
I bring this up because many in the Democratic Party and in the news media have a hard time understanding what the "Tea Party" crowd is talking about when it complains of incipient tyranny and intrusive government. This might be why much of the media keep making up motives for the Tea Partiers rather than taking them at their word (as when a CNN reporter told viewers that the Tea Parties were driven by "anti-CNN" passions).

Great stuff:

Quote:
Personally, I have never understood liberalism's blind spot for liberty when it comes to taxation. A 24-hour waiting period before a teenager can have an abortion is an allegedly grotesque violation of individual freedom, but a federal government that takes vast amounts of your money the means by which you exercise your every freedom to distribute as it sees fit is "progressive"? The USA Patriot Act, whose threat to privacy was somewhere between entirely theoretical and non-existent for the overwhelming majority of Americans, shocked the liberal conscience. But our income tax system made idiotically complex by both parties demands countless hours of preparation and requires law abiding citizens to reveal (and document!) many of their most private decisions to government inspectors every year is "reasonable." Yet many liberals even think complaining about this is a sign of right-wing dementia.

post #256 of 397
Quote:

No, you are wrong, as I do fully understand that I am included.

For that I apologize then.

Quote:

I too, find such a view (force feeding) highly questionable and somewhat disturbing.

Nice trick.

post #257 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

However, having just read the following I no longer believe that they're not connected to terrorism-

The following was posted at Tea Party Patriots: Official Home of the American Tea Party Movement-

annarborchronicle.com
Several media outlets report that the FBI conducted raids on Saturday night and Sunday morning at several locations in Washtenaw and Lenewee counties in Michigan. Homeland Security and the Joint Anti-terrorism Task Force are also involved in the raids on a Tea Party Compound."

Just so I'm clear what is it you read above that you "no longer believe that they're not connected to terrorism?"

post #258 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I have been of the view that theTea Party Movement rhetoric is dangerous. However, having just read the following I no longer believe that they're not connected to terrorism-

annarborchronicle.com

You only need to note the timeline of events.

In the 1990's militias were in vogue, killing doctors at abortion clinics was in vogue.

Clinton, a Democrat, was POTUS.

Then came Dubys, a Republican, militias decreased, killing doctors decreased, extreme right wing rhetoric against the state virtually disappeared.

Then came Obama, a Democrat, the Tea Party movement then starts, killing doctors increased, militias increased, violence against the state has increased.

Do you detect a pattern above? D (more right wing extremists), R (fewer right wing extremists), D (more right wing extremists).

Like I stated in another thread:

If you hate America then be in Washington DC on April 15th and April 19th.

Obama will be in FL on the 15th and in CA on the 19th.

So he's safe from these assassins on those two dates.
post #259 of 397
So they've charged this man, Charles Alan Wilson, of threatening Senator Patty Murray with death if she voted to pass the health care reform legislation.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/417979_murray06.html

Since he actually repeated his threats in a conversation with a member of the FBI, it should be a pretty open-and-shut case.

NEXT!
post #260 of 397
Quote:

In the 1990's militias were in vogue, killing doctors at abortion clinics was in vogue.

Then came Dubys, a Republican, militias decreased, killing doctors decreased, extreme right wing rhetoric against the state virtually disappeared.

Then came Obama, a Democrat, the Tea Party movement then starts, killing doctors increased, militias increased, violence against the state has increased.

Do you detect a pattern above? D (more right wing extremists), R (fewer right wing extremists), D (more right wing extremists).

That equals a little army of nuts ready to go nuts and Obama's only been in office for a little over a year. Scary.
post #261 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

So they've charged this man, Charles Alan Wilson, of threatening Senator Patty Murray with death if she voted to pass the health care reform legislation.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/417979_murray06.html

Since he actually repeated his threats in a conversation with a member of the FBI, it should be a pretty open-and-shut case.

NEXT!

It's come to light that a Tea Party organizer had said to a crowd of 500 TeaBaggers that U.S Senator Patty Murray should be hung. At first there was confusion who the speaker was but later Capps admitted it was her.

"A speaker at an Eastern Washington “tea party” gathering called for U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., to be hanged, drawing laughter and applause from the crowd.

The unidentified woman, captured by a local television crew while speaking from the podium Saturday, told the crowd in Clarkston that Murray should suffer the same fate as the character Jake in the Western “Lonesome Dove.”

“What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd?” the woman asked. “He got hung. And that’s what I want to do with Patty Murray.”
~ http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/0...r-hanging.html
~ http://politifi.com/news/Tea-party-p...ay-202595.html

Video- http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/84420877.html
Picture of Dianne Capp's- http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...26tbs%3Disch:1
post #262 of 397
Quote:

You've got everything except for all the convenient numbers that would prove the actual points attempting to be made here.

Let me make something clear here Frank. If you were presenting this sort of quasi narrative with no numbers and doing so on a chalk board in front of a videocamera, you'd be Glenn Beck . That is the problem with what is being presented here and it is the problem with cable news and analysis shows in general. They are very light on informationa and heavy on narrative. If you were in fact hosting a show, you'd have a few strawmen guests on to knock down followed by a few analysts to repeat your narrative.

Where are the numbers on this? By numbers of course I mean numbers on actions. I don't care about the SPLC remaining everything and everyone south of the Mason-Dixon line to be a racist and a hate group to prop up their fundraising efforts. Where are the numbers for convicted crimes?

Here is the list of abortion murders in the 90's and 00's. We are talking about 9 incidents across 20 years. This makes it... fashionable... by your 'reasoning.'

Also since when did pushing back against the state become a problem of the people and not a problem of the state? When protests go up in China, Cuba or even France is this a sign that the government is always right and the people wrong? Why do you suddenly make that distinction in the U.S. when Democrats are in power?

Are you seriously claiming that the amount of protest against the Iraq war has been dramatically lower than for the Health Care 'Reform' plan? Are you claiming there were no incidents of politically motivated vandalism related to the Iraq war? Are you claiming no one threated or menaced our government leaders in the 00's related to the Iraq War?

If you claim any of those please go use your reformed health care to have your memory checked.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #263 of 397
It is rather amusing that the Tea Partiers...errr...Tea Baggers to use the vernacular of the educated tolerant elite...have become the "hippies" for the left! I mean this is just priceless! The left, in so many ways, has become what it once hated and they don't even realize it. Irony is great.

post #264 of 397
Quote:

It is rather amusing that the Tea Partiers...errr...Tea Baggers to use the vernacular of the educated tolerant elite...have become the "hippies" for the left! I mean this is just priceless! The left, in so many ways, has become what it once hated and they don't even realize it. Irony is great.

Eh?

TeaBaggers- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_PX5L_v_7I
Hippies- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNe18EwyaQs
post #265 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You've got everything except for all the convenient numbers that would prove the actual points attempting to be made here.

Let me make something clear here Frank. If you were presenting this sort of quasi narrative with no numbers and doing so on a chalk board in front of a videocamera, you'd be Glenn Beck . That is the problem with what is being presented here and it is the problem with cable news and analysis shows in general. They are very light on informationa and heavy on narrative. If you were in fact hosting a show, you'd have a few strawmen guests on to knock down followed by a few analysts to repeat your narrative.

Where are the numbers on this? By numbers of course I mean numbers on actions. I don't care about the SPLC remaining everything and everyone south of the Mason-Dixon line to be a racist and a hate group to prop up their fundraising efforts. Where are the numbers for convicted crimes?

Here is the list of abortion murders in the 90's and 00's. We are talking about 9 incidents across 20 years. This makes it... fashionable... by your 'reasoning.'

Also since when did pushing back against the state become a problem of the people and not a problem of the state? When protests go up in China, Cuba or even France is this a sign that the government is always right and the people wrong? Why do you suddenly make that distinction in the U.S. when Democrats are in power?

Are you seriously claiming that the amount of protest against the Iraq war has been dramatically lower than for the Health Care 'Reform' plan? Are you claiming there were no incidents of politically motivated vandalism related to the Iraq war? Are you claiming no one threated or menaced our government leaders in the 00's related to the Iraq War?

If you claim any of those please go use your reformed health care to have your memory checked.

Thanks for proving my point with your link.
post #266 of 397

Quote:
WHEREAS, April is the month in which the people of Virginia joined the Confederate States of America in a four year war between the states for independence that concluded at Appomattox Courthouse; and

WHEREAS, Virginia has long recognized her Confederate history, the numerous civil war battlefields that mark every region of the state, the leaders and individuals in the Army, Navy and at home who fought for their homes and communities and Commonwealth in a time very different than ours today; and

WHEREAS, it is important for all Virginians to reflect upon our Commonwealth’s shared history, to understand the sacrifices of the Confederate leaders, soldiers and citizens during the period of the Civil War, and to recognize how our history has led to our present; and

WHEREAS, Confederate historical sites such as the White House of the Confederacy are open for people to visit in Richmond today; and

WHEREAS, all Virginians can appreciate the fact that when ultimately overwhelmed by the insurmountable numbers and resources of the Union Army, the surviving, imprisoned and injured Confederate soldiers gave their word and allegiance to the United States of America, and returned to their homes and families to rebuild their communities in peace, following the instruction of General Robert E. Lee of Virginia, who wrote that, “...all should unite in honest efforts to obliterate the effects of war and to restore the blessings of peace."; and

WHEREAS, this defining chapter in Virginia’s history should not be forgotten, but instead should be studied, understood and remembered by all Virginians, both in the context of the time in which it took place, but also in the context of the time in which we live, and this study and remembrance takes on particular importance as the Commonwealth prepares to welcome the nation and the world to visit Virginia for the Sesquicentennial Anniversary of the Civil War, a four-year period in which the exploration of our history can benefit all; and

WHEREAS, slavery was the law of the land;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Robert McDonnell, a Tea Party Terrorism supporter, do hereby recognize April 2010 as CONFEDERATE HISTORY MONTH in our COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA, and I call this observance to the attention of all our citizen terrorists.

post #267 of 397
Which liberal hate site was the last post copy and pasted from?

We also have black history month in Virginia, as well as Lee-Jackson-King Day.
post #268 of 397
I think that death threats against Nancy Pelosi count.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

Apparently the guy said he'd kill her if the health care reform legislation was passed. A lot. He got hold of her home address, and well, he threatened her with death.

But it's OK, because he's been arrested, and he's been charged, and stuff.

NEXT!
post #269 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Which liberal hate site was the last post copy and pasted from?

We also have black history month in Virginia, as well as Lee-Jackson-King Day.

Free Republic
post #270 of 397
Quote:

I think that death threats against Nancy Pelosi count.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

Apparently the guy said he'd kill her if the health care reform legislation was passed. A lot. He got hold of her home address, and well, he threatened her with death.

But it's OK, because he's been arrested, and he's been charged, and stuff.

NEXT!

More liberal lies. According to your article, he never said anything about killing her. Sounds like he threatened to do something to her house, not her.
post #271 of 397
Quote:

Free Republic

I couldn't find it on their site. Do you have a link?
post #272 of 397
Quote:

More liberal lies. According to your article, he never said anything about killing her. Sounds like he threatened to do something to her house, not her.

D'oh! TBD. Arrested and to be charged in a federal court.

You got a problem with that, go to ...
post #273 of 397
Quote:

I couldn't find it on their site. Do you have a link?

Free Republic link
post #274 of 397
Quote:

Free Republic link

The Washington Post is not the Free Republic.
post #275 of 397
Quote:

Quote:
as well as to her husband's business office, reciting her home address and saying if she wanted to see it again, she would not support the health care overhaul bill that was recently enacted.

You're quite right. I interpreted this as him saying "I will burn down your house" or "I know where you live. I'll kill you".

Now, that would have been bad.

But you're right. He only wanted to kidnap her house.

"If you want to see your house again."

That's fine, of course. Kidnap a house. We've all done it. Hallow'een stuff.

Kidnap a house.
post #276 of 397
Quote:

The Washington Post is not the Free Republic.

Then go to Free Republic, use their search feature, and enter "Confederate History Month"
post #277 of 397
Quote:

D'oh! TBD. Arrested and to be charged in a federal court.

You got a problem with that, go to ...

I don't have a problem with reading and comprehension. Clearly someone does. The article says nothing about threatening to kill her. It said he said if she wanted to see her house again, she wouldn't vote for the healthcare bill.
post #278 of 397
Quote:

You're quite right. I interpreted this as him saying "I will burn down your house" or "I know where you live. I'll kill you".

Kidnap a house.

post #279 of 397
But wait!

What if, when he kidnapped her house, he made it watch porn films?

Or if he chopped off its door handles, one at a time, and sent them to her?

No, sorry, I think it's bad enough that he threatened to blindfold her house and take it off to an isolated farm.

I'm sorry. I don't see how you can defend this man and his threats.

What if he ran up a huge bill by running lots of baths and washing his dogs and children?
post #280 of 397
Quote:

Kidnap a house.

I can't help if if you have difficulty with basic reading and comprehension. Many liberals do.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tea Party Terrorism