or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tea Party Terrorism
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tea Party Terrorism - Page 2

post #41 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You forgot and where they pay for all that buy pumping out and selling off every bit of oil they can get off their own coasts.

Let's follow the example of Denmark and Canada. Let's drill out and find every ounce of oil, coal and natural gas we can until we become completely energy independent both using those sources and using the revenue from them to pay for green energy initiatives, then let's move on to step two.
.

Absolutely irrelevant.

We're talking about the happiness of liberals and conservatives, not energy self-sufficiency.
Please re-read my post and then actually respond to the point.

When you do, you might want to acknowledge my point about Danish happiness.

How is it that the highest taxed nation in Europe is the happiest? How is that a nation with an income disparity between 20 - 70% lower than the US can be so happy?

YOU RAISED THE SUBJECT, so let's hope you can actually back your argument up with some facts.
post #42 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Absolutely irrelevant.

We're talking about the happiness of liberals and conservatives, not energy self-sufficiency.
Please re-read my post and then actually respond to the point.

When you do, you might want to acknowledge my point about Danish happiness.

How is it that the highest taxed nation in Europe is the happiest? How is that a nation with an income disparity between 20 - 70% lower than the US can be so happy?

YOU RAISED THE SUBJECT, so let's hope you can actually back your argument up with some facts.

I fully acknowledged it and even pointed to the source of it. When you have plenty of wealth straight from the ground to redistribute, it makes everyone a lot more happy.

The issue here has more to do with word definitions. Liberals in America do not support using carbon based energy sources nor do they support expanding attempts to find and extract them. Pumping wealth out of the ground and giving everyone income related to it is pretty much on par with what Sarah Palin was doing in Alaska. It made everyone there pretty happy as well.

If you search my own threads on here, you'll see I've advocated dozens of times to use our energy wealth for progressive causes as a fair trade.

That isn't a liberal position unless you desire to declare me a liberal. However it isn't a position you will find many liberal Americans taking. We cannot do what Denmark is doing. We cannot drill for all the oil and natural gas off our coasts and use it to equalize income disparities or to provide social services. Conservatives fought for and finally had removed the drilling ban on our coasts, but that is only the first step. Obama pretty much undid all that when he came into office.

Quote:
Washington - President Obama is shelving a plan announced in the final days of the Bush presidency to open much of the U.S. coast to oil and gas drilling, including 130 million acres off California's shores from Mendocino to San Diego.

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar put the plan on hold Tuesday while his agency conducts a 180-day review. But Salazar's critical comments about the proposal made clear that the new administration will rewrite it if not completely scrap it.

Here's one link of many related to straight up happiness on the C and L front. It summarizes several studies and the conclusions, when researchers project onto subjects, especially babies, they mark the conservatives unhappy. When people are asked to give their own information though, Conservatives are markedly happier.

You asked and received so now return the favor.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #43 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I fully acknowledged it and even pointed to the source of it. When you have plenty of wealth straight from the ground to redistribute, it makes everyone a lot more happy.

This is both nonsense and irrelevant.

Firstly, Denmark's energy self-sufficiency is entirely irrelevant to that nation's liberal policies on gay marriage and to its tax structure, or its health and welfare provision.

Secondly, Denmark's equality in wealth is rooted in social policy that dates back to the 1930s, and has nothing to do with that nation's energy self-sufficiency. Here is an excellent link to explain this.

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/e...ND-WEALTH.html

In other words, America should adopt these socially responsible policies. People like them. Wealth inequality is directly linked, in lockstep, to violence and crime. That is one of the reason why there's virtually no street crime in Denmark.
post #44 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

This is both nonsense and irrelevant.

Firstly, Denmark's energy self-sufficiency is entirely irrelevant to that nation's liberal policies on gay marriage and to its tax structure, or its health and welfare provision.

Secondly, Denmark's equality in wealth is rooted in social policy that dates back to the 1930s, and has nothing to do with that nation's energy self-sufficiency. Here is an excellent link to explain this.

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/e...ND-WEALTH.html

In other words, America should adopt these socially responsible policies. People like them. Wealth inequality is directly linked, in lockstep, to violence and crime. That is one of the reason why there's virtually no street crime in Denmark.

You link to the GINI and that supports your argument how?

Energy is a huge economic cost. What the U.S. spends on oil imports would easily pay for Obama's expansion of health care. Do you deny this? Do you deny that the over $200 BILLION we spend a year on oil imports could easily pay for health care for the uninsured?

Why don't you also go look at Denmark's trade balance. When you don't export your wealth due to bad policy, you can spend it on your people. It is simple enough to understand. Gay marriage doesn't stop us from drilling off our coasts. You've not once explained why the U.S. should self-limit its own wealth production and how doing so doesn't harm those on the lowest economic levels. It absolutely does do that.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #45 of 397
This thread is a "weasel" thread... based on yet another media promoted LIE, (as has become so commonplace in recent years if not decades).

It turns out that Joe Stack had NOTHING to do with the Tea Party movement, and was in fact a staunch Obama supporter.

It's too easy for the MSM to assign the "terrorist" label to a group of people who are seen as "not conforming". Citing, and having knowledge of the Constitution is deemed by the FBI and Homeland Security to be a cause for suspicion of involvement in "domestic terrorism"....

But an Obama supporter? Thats verboten.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #46 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Right, but why not use the connotation of the words that are prevalent in today's vernacular? You're just obfuscating the truth of what's behind this attack.

No, I'm just aware of the current political spectrum descriptors.

Quote:
Traditionally, the Left includes: progressives, social liberals, social democrats, socialists, communists and anarchists while the Right includes: conservatives, reactionaries, monarchists, nationalists and fascists.

What's interesting is that in "today's" vernacular, "liberal" is actually traditional liberal attitudes that have absorbed certain socialist agendas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Is this Stack's guy from the left?

Yes
post #47 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Yes

He doesn't act like it

I hate to say it because I don't think the Tea Party movement want or deserve it(Edit- though some of them probably do), but I suspect he'll be a hero to more, much more, of them than to Obama supporters, whether it turns out he was an Obama supporter or not. Clearly if he was an Obama supporter he didn't like much about him.

My understanding is that about a quarter or so of TP'iers are Dems too, at least who support some of their high debt and corruption angles, bailout etc.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #48 of 397
So the SPLC documented a %244 increase in right wing hate groups and militia activity in the last year.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...4-in-past-year

I think many of those people were in Washington yesterday, protesting Barack Obama's health care reform.

They were chanting "nigger" and "faggot."

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/jo...a_party_racism

They had racist, violent signs.









post #49 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

So the SPLC documented a %244 increase in right wing hate groups and militia activity in the last year.


The SPLC is no longer a reputable group because they will not recognize hate and violence by gangs or by certain ethnic groups.


That wasn't a hate crime by SPLC reasoning.

Quote:
I think many of those people were in Washington yesterday, protesting Barack Obama's health care reform.

They were chanting "nigger" and "faggot."

I read a reports that cited one instance of each. I know you have trouble with numbers but how does one become they. Also until the person is found and people can prove it was him, it is good to use the word alleged. Given how desperate Democrats are to take over health care, how they are bribing and threatening their own party members, and how much they want discredit the opposition, they could easily placed a plant in the group to shot the alleged (see how that works) epitaphs. Then they know that certain folks who apply the exception as the rule reasoning would fall right into their laps.


Quote:
They had racist, violent signs.


Calling Obama an ass isn't racist. Nor is calling government medicine voodoo. People called Reaganomics the term voodoo economics. Was the word voodoo racist back then as well? Double entendre's are not racist in any of the photos you have shown us nor is calling Obama Hitler unless calling a black man a white supremacist is now racist.

I kind think some of the reasoning applied there really funny. If one were the leader of a white supremacist group, it would be insulting to claim your leader is a black man yet that is what every sign that shows Obama as Hitler is doing. If anything instead of supporting racism, it is doing the opposite.

Try again, and it isn't surprising that such claims pop up on the day of the alleged vote. Better to scare people with false claims than to you know, worry about the health care vote particulars.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #50 of 397

Ah. The ad hominem circumstantial.

Something that's perfectly OK when Trumptman has a point to make and an argument to win. It's no longer 'reputable' because... Trumptman wills it; I hope everyone's got that.

Just to get this straight, do you believe that the right wing militia groups and armed protesters are less of a danger than the left wing, er... equivalents? (I can't think of any.)
post #51 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Calling Obama an ass isn't racist. Nor is calling government medicine voodoo. People called Reaganomics the term voodoo economics. Was the word voodoo racist back then as well? Double entendre's are not racist in any of the photos you have shown us nor is calling Obama Hitler unless calling a black man a white supremacist is now racist.

Jesus... so suggesting that a gun is the answer to health care reform if it passes is a "funny" sign.
post #52 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Ah. The ad hominem circumstantial.

Something that's perfectly OK when Trumptman has a point to make and an argument to win. It's no longer 'reputable' because... Trumptman wills it; I hope everyone's got that.

Just to get this straight, do you believe that the right wing militia groups and armed protesters are less of a danger than the left wing, er... equivalents? (I can't think of any.)

You should try studying the ad hominum circumstantial before tossing the label out. I didn't say they were predisposed to a view because they were the SPLC. That would be what you claimed. I said they aren't credible because they don't call hateful acts hateful when the skin color changes. Thus their background has no bearing on the question, their actions do and that makes it no fallacy at all.

Protesters armed or otherwise are not a danger on the left or right until they take action with those weapons. This is true of environmental groups or militia groups as well. Judge them by their actions. However is someone is going to try to limit speech by claiming certain weakminded or fringe elements are driven to action by speech and thus speech should be limited, I'm going to note examples both ways.

So thus if X is proof that Rush Limbaugh is dangerous because unrelated individual took unrelated but violent action than that reasoning follow for Keith Olbermann, Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, etc.

My view of course is that people are responsible for their own actions and speech should be free, but for those that fall pray to that bad reasoning, we have an appropriate thread so they can see the need to censor themselves and not just others.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #53 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Jesus... so suggesting that a gun is the answer to health care reform if it passes is a "funny" sign.

How does that relate to the Hitler sign which is the statement you quoted?!?

Hitler was clearly for gun control as you know. I'm simply noting it doesn't follow that a white supremacist group would find attempt to act racist by depicting Obama as...their leader. Isn't the last thing a white supremacist group would ever want to do is have a black man be depicted as the supposedly most white and pure thing in their line of reasoning.

If anything it likely would be an insult to such groups to have Obama equated with Hitler.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #54 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You should try studying the ad hominum circumstantial before tossing the label out..

Oh Jesus.

Quote:
Ad hominem circumstantial points out that someone is in circumstances such that he is disposed to take a particular position. Ad hominem circumstantial constitutes an attack on the bias of a source.

Come on. You link to this all the time (when it suits you.)

Anyway. Haven't got time for this.

I'm praying for Rahm.
post #55 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Oh Jesus.
Come on. You link to this all the time (when it suits you.)

Anyway. Haven't got time for this.

I'm praying for Rahm.

I link to it appropriately. If I said, of course you would think that, you are a middle aged white guy, then that would be an ad-hom circumstantial. That wouldn't be attacking the claim, but who the person or organization happens to be.

So if I said the SPLC wasn't a credible organization because they are based in the South and we all know Southern people are idiots, then that would be again, an ad-hom circumstantial. Instead what I said was they can't be a credible group that tracks hate crimes because.... get this..... they don't track all hate crimes. They specifically exclude entire classes of them. I even linked to an example of Black on Asian violence in Philadelphia. If an organization that tracks hate crimes won't call hate crimes what they are, then they aren't credible. They don't lack credibility because of who they are (ad-hom circ) but because of what actions they take and their reasoning for taking them.

Sorry if this is hard for you to understand Hassan.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #56 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I link to it appropriately. If I said, of course you would think that, you are a middle aged white guy, then that would be an ad-hom circumstantial. That wouldn't be attacking the claim, but who the person or organization happens to be.

Sorry if this is hard for you to understand Hassan.

i really don't have time for this. I'm praying very hard, in my own way, for Rahm.
post #57 of 397
Keep praying additionally for understanding of logical fallacies.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #58 of 397
Hey, trumptman, when Barack Obama's pitch to the IOC was rejected, did conservatives celebrate?

I saw conservatives celebrate.

Did you?
post #59 of 397
Well it depends upon which handle you were using at the time. Were you Hassan back then, MJ or one of the multitude of additional handles you registered under while banned that led to the permaban?

The array of bans and accusations from the multitude of handles gets hard to keep straight. Perhaps you should draw me a nice graph.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #60 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Well it depends upon which handle you were using at the time. Were you Hassan back then, MJ or one of the multitude of additional handles you registered under while banned that led to the permaban?

The array of bans and accusations from the multitude of handles gets hard to keep straight. Perhaps you should draw me a nice graph.

This coming from someone who was banned at applenova (for racism, mind you, and for being provocative) and is now posting there under the name MumboJumbo!

He really is!

You couldn't make it up.
post #61 of 397
Wait I thought you were Mumbo Jumbo and Hassan, and... name du jour.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #62 of 397
I posted this in the wrong thread. It belongs in this thread, which is dealing with extreme right wing violence in the United States.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/2...andalized.html

Democratic offices across America are being vandalised. And it's organised Tea Party dickheads.

Quote:
Authorities in Wichita and some other cities across the country are investigating vandalism against Democratic offices, apparently in response to health care reform.

And on Monday, a former Alabama militia leader took credit for instigating the actions.

Mike Vanderboegh of Pinson, Ala., former leader of the Alabama Constitutional Militia, put out a call on Friday for modern Sons of Liberty to break the windows of Democratic Party offices nationwide in opposition to health care reform. Since then, vandals have struck several offices, including the Sedgwick County Democratic Party headquarters in Wichita.

There is no analogue to this on the 'other side'. There is a rising tide of organised right wing violence in America and people are explicitly taking credit for their actions.

Will the Republican party disassociate themselves from this disgusting behaviour?
post #63 of 397
From Fox News.

A report on the sudden increase of violent threats aimed at Democratic figures who voted for the health care reform.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...use-democrats/

It's extremely worrying.

The question is, will the Republican party disassociate itself from this rising tide of violence and poisonous threat?
post #64 of 397
From the Fox report:

Quote:
The FBI is also investigating a separate incident at the home of Virginia Rep. Tom Perriello's brother. Perriello's office confirmed that a line to a propane tank on a gas grill was cut at Bo Periello's Charlottesville home on Tuesday. Tea Party activists had posted the address online thinking it was the congressman's home, telling opponents to drop by and "express their thanks" for his vote.

Now, I couldn't believe that right wing extremists were actually doing this sort of thing. But yes, it seems they are.

http://www.examiner.com/x-25653-FBI-...s-brother-home

Apparently, they posted his address on a blog. Only they got the address from the phone book, and it was his brother's address. He has three children under ten. When they contacted the blogger to ask him to remove the address, he said he was a journalist, and his sources were good, and he'd remove it when they contacted him with the right address.

From Salon via Politico:

Quote:
The Washington, D.C.-based political newspaper Politico reported Monday a Lynchburg Tea Party member posted the address, which he believed to be Perriellos, on his blog. After seeing the blog, Danville Tea Party Leader Nigel Coleman posted the same address on his Facebook profile, which is not limited to only his Facebook friends.

This is Rep. Thomas Stuart Price Perriellos home address, Coleman wrote Monday. I aint holding back anymore!!

When Coleman learned the address was actually Perriellos brothers Politico reported he and his wife have four young children Coleman commented on another blog that the mistake was collateral damage.

Do you mean I posted his brothers address on my Facebook? Coleman wrote. Oh well, collateral damage.

The Republican party hasn't condemned this. trumptman, will you? Or jazzguru, or MJ1970?

You three cool with this?
post #65 of 397
I'll condemn this when someone is actually arrested on this and the facts are out there. Until then we have too many examples of people crafting their own victimization in order to benefit from it.

Does it ever make you wonder MJ why when all these incidents are occurring around power figures in public areas why we don't have a single recording of the claims?

If the House speaker and lawmakers including a civil rights leader are strolling arm and arm across the capital carrying a gavel in a made for media photo and video op with the entire path being cleared by police and assorted agents, why isn't there a single one of these supposedly multiple incidents on any sort of recording device?

This is from your own links.

"We have had no direct threats,"
"The Fire Marshals Office is conducting the investigation in cooperation with the FBI. While officials are not willing to characterize the exact nature of the incident because of the ongoing investigation, it did not involve an immediate threat to occupants of the residence."

BTW, were you condemning Cindy Sheehan when she was protesting at the Bush ranch by standing right outside his personal home rather than coming to Washington or calling through official channels? I'd look through your older accounts but I'm tired to go through the four of the I happen to know about. I suppose it was okay then though right?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #66 of 397
Cindy Sheehan was not calling for violence against the person of the President. She never called for violence against anyone. Ever. So I was absolutely fine with it.

It's wrong that you should compare Cindy Sheehan to the Tea Partiers. They are actually threatening people and severing propane lines.

Here is audio of threats made against Bart Stupak.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...91-503544.html
post #67 of 397
You believe no one ever made threats against President Bush or wished him ill will?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #68 of 397
Are you Locked and Loaded?
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #69 of 397
Are you Bribed and Bought Off

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #70 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Are you Bribed and Bought Off

Trumpy I'm sorry but the extreme side of the Right is turning into what looks like an angry mob with each new defeat. Which of course will get the same results in the next election they did last time. Is that really what you want?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #71 of 397
It's shocking that a group whose cornerstone philosophy is that you need guns so that you can kill people in government would start getting violent.
post #72 of 397

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #73 of 397
Very good link Jazz. No one cares to think of the ulterior motive here and why these claims magically disappear until they are conveniently necessary to allege again. I mean if the talking heads didn' have a cut BBQ propane line to discuss, they might have to ponder the 14 states suing the federal government over this legislation.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #74 of 397
Yet another false claim. Let's call this one when spitting becomes... spittle.

A massive 3,000 page bill is passed amounting to a brand new entitlement and apparently violence amounts to....say it don't spray it.

First observation is that it is interesting to see the massive civil rights march being done by... oh a couple members of Congress and police escort. Talk about a picture that speaks a thousand words. You have hundreds of protesters and then perhaps five people who are there to impose their will on them. The person it was claimed was "spit" upon clearly understands what happened and, even with an officer right there, chooses to do nothing because nothing was done. Some old man with loose gums isn't a crime nor is it violent.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #75 of 397
You sure sound like you are Locked and Loaded.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #76 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

You sure sound like you are Locked and Loaded.

Would you believe that I don't own a gun?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #77 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Would you believe that I don't own a gun?

Dude, go get one, so you can cling to it like the the pictures painted here portray...
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #78 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You believe no one ever made threats against President Bush or wished him ill will?

Irrelevant. You asked me if I objected to Cindy Sheehan standing outside Bush's house. She was not calling him for his assassination, or for him to be physically harmed. So I did not not.



It is also a fact that prominent Republicans were never given increased protection after passing legislation that extreme left wing activists objected to.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/nati...010-03-25.html

I'm wondering what it will take before you people actually acknowledge that you have a problem and unequivocally disassociate yourself from it.
post #79 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

The Media's Myth of Right Wing Violence

Do you unequivocally reject this sudden rise in vandalism, death threats and dangerous actions, like posting the (incorrect) addresses of congressmen online and them having their propane lines severed?
post #80 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Irrelevant. You asked me if I objected to Cindy Sheehan standing outside Bush's house. She was not calling him for his assassination, or for him to be physically harmed. So I did not not.

So you're claiming no one called for or eluded to the assassination of Bush? There were even plays and movies about it.

Quote:


It is also a fact that prominent Republicans were never given increased protection after passing legislation that extreme left wing activists objected to.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/nati...010-03-25.html

I'm wondering what it will take before you people actually acknowledge that you have a problem and unequivocally disassociate yourself from it.

YOU PEOPLE. Nice stereotyping. Should I go sit in the back of the bus or perhaps eat in the red state section of the restaurant?

I guess I just imagined the phrase, "No Justice, No Peace" in my mind and never heard it applied by people of a leftist persuasion before.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tea Party Terrorism