or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tea Party Terrorism

Tea Party Terrorism - Page 3

post #81 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

So you're claiming no one called for or eluded to the assassination of Bush? There were even plays and movies about it.

And they were not CALLING FOR HIS ASSASSINATION. They were plays on the subject.

The comparison is very foolish. The current situation is unprecedented.

Quote:

YOU PEOPLE. Nice stereotyping. Should I go sit in the back of the bus or perhaps eat in the red state section of the restaurant?

I guess I just imagined the phrase, "No Justice, No Peace" in my mind and never heard it applied by people of a leftist persuasion before.

That's right. My referring to you, jazzguru and MJ1970 is EXACTLY the same as segregation-era transport rules.

This comparison is equally foolish. I was referring to specific individuals (albeit clumsily.)

And I note that again you've completely avoided addressing the material I posted, and I note that you still haven't rejected it, and I not that you still haven't even had the moral courage to admit it's a problem.
post #82 of 397
Trumptman / MJ1970 / Jazzguru, do you find this acceptable?

Is this OK with you, too? Do you think this is a problem?
post #83 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

And they were not CALLING FOR HIS ASSASSINATION. They were plays on the subject.

The comparison is very foolish. The current situation is unprecedented.

Well your deep reasoning of calling all you disagree with "foolish" is sure to be persuasive with someone, somewhere I guess.

Also you don't need to call for an assassination when you are so busy graphically representing it.

Quote:
That's right. My referring to you, jazzguru and MJ1970 is EXACTLY the same as segregation-era transport rules.

This comparison is equally foolish. I was referring to specific individuals (albeit clumsily.)

And I note that again you've completely avoided addressing the material I posted, and I note that you still haven't rejected it, and I not that you still haven't even had the moral courage to admit it's a problem.

The problem that you fail to grasp MJ is that the exception never proves the rule. You've had problems with this for years now. You hold up some odd exception, exception which occur with regularity but still statistically amount to nothing, and then throw a fit that no one will call it the rule.

Well keep throwing that little temper tantrum because the exception is never the rule and one can always find the exception. We've had hundreds of thousands of tea party protesters meet at hundreds of protests. It has been discussed since well into last summer. Do we have any notable acts of violence or anyone actually harmed let alone murdered? Can you cite for me a single incident of actual violence coming from the tea party itself? Can we name a single arrest of a single person instead of mere allegations. Finally even if we can find a single arrest, how does the ever become the rule?

Your letter below has a graphic that is of poor taste but the only action called for is sending Stupak thirty dimes. Do you deny that? Do you see any other action called for in that letter besides sending him $3? Admit your own bias has blinded you here and that you cannot process the information correctly. Sending someone $3 is not calling for their death and is certainly not a violent act.

Are you also not familiar with the story of Judas who Stupak is referenced with here? He is claimed to have hanged himself after returning the money.

Please continue to speak from a position of ignorance. Please continue to allege that one ham-handed exception is the rule and continue to be confounded that almost no one goes down that slippery slope with you.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #84 of 397
Gateway Pundit

A coffin representing abortions was portrayed to be a threat against the lawmaker himself.

Of course none of us have ever seen anti-war protests that featured headstones or coffins. Yet again the liberal media complex tries to distort the picture. A prayer vigil becomes a violent threat via their slanderous reporting.

Spittle as spitting, prayers are threats, it would be laughable if it weren't so sad and shameful.

post #85 of 397
I asked you "Is this flyer with a gallows on it OK with you?" And you say there's nothing in it especially violent.

You must have missed the part that said "All baby killers come to unseemly ends EITHER BY THE HANDS OF MAN or the hands of God" DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH A FUCKING GALLOWS WITH STUPAK'S NAME ON IT.

And then YOU tell ME that my bias has "blinded me."

Just re-read the previous sentences a few times. Think how your argument might look to someone who doesn't know either of us.

I'm editing my post here so that there's less to distract you from the next sentences.

I understand that you're desperate to "win" this, by finding equivalences that aren't there, and denying point blank that there's even a problem, and denying that the rhetoric is poisonous and uncivilised.

But this is a mistake. This isn't simply undignified and cowardly, it's a political miscalculation.

What you, meaning the Republican Party and its supporters, should be doing is distancing yourself from these extremists, and condemning their behaviour. You're making a political miscalculation because THESE are the kinds of advertisements you're going to be facing in November:

http://www.facebook.com/cuentame?v=app_10531514314

It's going to happen, and it's going to lose you votes.

The first step to accepting you have a problem, of course, it the admission that you have a problem. You have a problem, and no amount of bullshit about "exceptions" is going to going to change that.

You're making a mistake. It's making everything shit for everyone, and it's going to lose you votes.
post #86 of 397
Quote:

Are you also not familiar with the story of Judas who Stupak is referenced with here? He is claimed to have hanged himself after returning the money.

Except Acts 1:16-18 says this instead:

Quote:
Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. Now this man Judas purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

So....err...it's wrong.

But carry on.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #87 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Dude, go get one, so you can cling to it like the the pictures painted here portray...

I've also never been to an official Tea Party protest or event, do not advocate violence except in self defense, and believe extremism is evident on both ends of the political spectrum.

But some find it easier to slap a label on those they disagree with rather than get to know them or discuss the issues with them.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #88 of 397
Quote:

I asked you "Is this flyer with a gallows on it OK with you?" And you say there's nothing in it especially violent.

You must have missed the part that said "All baby killers come to unseemly ends EITHER BY THE HANDS OF MAN or the hands of God" DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH A FUCKING GALLOWS WITH STUPAK'S NAME ON IT.

And then YOU tell ME that my bias has "blinded me."

Just re-read the previous sentences a few times. Think how your argument might look to someone who doesn't know either of us.

Speaking of lurkers remember it is more them I write to than you. I always keep them in mind. If Stupak took his own life due to guilt, he is considered the hands of man. If God struck him down, well that would be that as well.

Quote:
I'm editing my post here so that there's less to distract you from the next sentences.

I understand that you're desperate to "win" this, by finding equivalences that aren't there, and denying point blank that there's even a problem, and denying that the rhetoric is poisonous and uncivilised.

But this is a mistake. This isn't simply undignified and cowardly, it's a political miscalculation.

You really should spend less time accusing people and claiming to know their intentions. The letter was clear and while I understand that you are pissed about the fact that sending someone thirty dimes isn't viewed as a violent act, it doesn't mean you need to take it out on me. Any lay person can read the letter and easily understand it. The drawing is distasteful but again, it doesn't call for violence and merely notes menace. It isn't any worse than most bumper stickers I have seen and certain is no worse than most claims about global warming which contain menace as well.
Quote:
What you, meaning the Republican Party and its supporters, should be doing is distancing yourself from these extremists, and condemning their behaviour. You're making a political miscalculation because THESE are the kinds of advertisements you're going to be facing in November:

http://www.facebook.com/cuentame?v=app_10531514314

It's going to happen, and it's going to lose you votes.

The first step to accepting you have a problem, of course, it the admission that you have a problem. You have a problem, and no amount of bullshit about "exceptions" is going to going to change that.

You're making a mistake. It's making everything shit for everyone, and it's going to lose you votes.

I'd love to see that ad run in the fall. It would be incredibly expensive to run at 2:30+ and contains just the sort of inferences that work up those wearing the blinders while failing to persuade those who aren't wearing the blinders. I've already posted the footage of the claimed spitting and it shows absolutely nothing happening. But this is nothing new to you. Hundreds of thousands of people across hundreds of protests and these are the claims they can come up with and it is hilarious to me that you cannot see the exception never proves the rule. This becomes doubly so when you're walking right there with a cop, can point a finger or have people with cameras right there and no one will get a face, a name, file a charge. It is an easily understood smear campaign.

You fail to see that nothing would make me happier than the see the Republicans running in the fall against health care, noting the state of the economy, noting trillion dollar projected deficits for the next decade nothing that Obama and the Democratic Congress will have added more to the deficit in 24-30 months than Bush did in 8 years and the rebuttal to it is spittle, a claim with no footage and a claim with a little audio but no name, no face, no investigations and no arrests.

That would be the perfect campaign to me. I'm praying it happens as we type.

post #89 of 397
You are defending a document headed 'Defacating on Stupak', with 'SS' for 'Stupid Stupak' in the style of the Nazi stormtrooper crest, on which there are a gallows with Stupak's name on by saying it 'Merely notes menace'.

And you are comparing a document that singles out a specific individual to bumper stickers for global warming.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's not going to work. You're defending something ugly, something that has no place in civilised political discourse.

All of this stuff is fair game come November. You're going to lose votes to this shit.

And as for your predictions, forgive me, but come back when Rahm is under the bus.
post #90 of 397
I hope you are right MJ in fact I pray you are right. I hope the Republicans run on the record of the Democrats and the Democrats run on a letter and a few video excerpts trying to prove the exception is the rule.

That would be amazing.

post #91 of 397
Quote:

I hope you are right MJ in fact I pray you are right. I hope the Republicans run on the record of the Democrats and the Democrats run on a letter and a few video excerpts trying to prove the exception is the rule.

That would be amazing.

We'll see won't we trumpy. I'm thinking people just don't like goverment by the gun direction this is taking.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #92 of 397
Quote:

Speaking of lurkers remember it is more them I write to than you. I always keep them in mind. If Stupak took his own life due to guilt, he is considered the hands of man. If God struck him down, well that would be that as well.

Dude, you're stretching so far. It would not be "by the hand of man". It would be "by their own hand". It's clear what "by the hand of man" refers to, for anyone who is neither stupid nor a liar.
post #93 of 397

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #94 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

Some stuff from the article :
Quote:
Cantor, who is Jewish, said he had received numerous threats throughout his career both on account of his religion and his position in the GOP leadership.

More than 10 Democrats have reported trouble since the weekend health care vote, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Maryland, told reporters on Wednesday.

Windows have been smashed at Democratic offices in at least three states, and federal agents are investigating whether a cut gas line at the home of a Virginia congressman's brother was related to the lawmaker's yes vote.

Democratic congressional leaders have demanded Republicans join them in condemning a spate of threats and vandalism that has followed Sunday's vote on a sweeping overhaul of the U.S. health care system.

Post by: The CNN Wire
Filed under: Health Care Latest news Politics
post #95 of 397
This is what gets me: If you believe the rhetoric of the tea party and the Republican politicians, of course you're going to be violent. According to them, Obama is a manchurian candidate, unlawfully elected (due to his falsified birth certificate), who is a racist muslim bent on turning the country into a communist/nazi/sharia state. Health care is going to result in the death of untold numbers of babies and elderly. Obama and the laws he is passing are armageddon, and they threaten the very core of our country.

This isn't about political disagreement over details of a bill, it is about the existence of your country and your people.

If you really believe that, of course you're going to become violent. Anybody would. If you had a chance to kill Hitler before the Holocaust, you'd be immoral if you didn't do it.
post #96 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

This is what gets me: If you believe the rhetoric of the tea party and the Republican politicians, of course you're going to be violent. According to them, Obama is a manchurian candidate, unlawfully elected (due to his falsified birth certificate), who is a racist muslim bent on turning the country into a communist/nazi/sharia state. Health care is going to result in the death of untold numbers of babies and elderly. Obama and the laws he is passing are armageddon, and they threaten the very core of our country.

This isn't about political disagreement over details of a bill, it is about the existence of your country and your people.

If you really believe that, of course you're going to become violent. Anybody would. If you had a chance to kill Hitler before the Holocaust, you'd be immoral if you didn't do it.

I would like to nominate this post for a reward. The simple truth captured skillfully.

The party of 2 wars is longing for more.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #97 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

I would like to nominate this post for a reward. The simple truth captured skillfully.

The party of 2 wars is longing for more.

Thanks.
post #98 of 397
A video demonstrating how bad this violent uproar is.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/....html?hpt=Sbin

Quote:
Health care reform anger takes a nasty, violent turn

Truly disgusting.
post #99 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Dude, you're stretching so far. It would not be "by the hand of man". It would be "by their own hand". It's clear what "by the hand of man" refers to, for anyone who is neither stupid nor a liar.

It means humankind and since he is a member, he qualifies. Since that is also how Judas did himself in, he double qualifies.

BTW, anyone feel like becoming $10,000 richer?

Quote:
Its time for the allegedly pristine character of Rep. John Lewis to put up or shut up. Therefore, I am offering $10,000 of my own money to provide hard evidence that the N- word was hurled at him not 15 times, as his colleague reported, but just once. Surely one of those two cameras wielded by members of his entourage will prove his point.

And surely if those cameras did not capture such abhorrence, then someone from the mainstream media those who printed and broadcast his assertions without any reasonable questioning or investigation must themselves surely have it on camera. Of course we already know they dont. If they did, youd have seen it by now.

THOUSANDS OF TIMES.

Rep. Lewis, if you cant do that, Ill give him a backup plan: a lie detector test. If you provide verifiable video evidence showing that a single racist epithet was hurled as you walked among the tea partiers, or you pass a simple lie detector test, I will provide a $10K check to the United Negro College Fund.

Someone should go grab this cash since "we all know" this must be what happened.

post #100 of 397
Quote:

It means humankind and since he is a member, he qualifies. Since that is also how Judas did himself in, he double qualifies.

BTW, anyone feel like becoming $10,000 richer?

Someone should go grab this cash since "we all know" this must be what happened.

Oh Jesus! This is like the kind of logic used in denial of GW or anything else the right doesn't like. Yeah! It's not real.

I'm telling you trumpy. This kind of logic will bury the Republicans in Nov.
post #101 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

House GOP No. 2: Someone shot at my office

Quote:
A Richmond Police detective was assigned to the case. A preliminary investigation shows that a bullet was fired into the air and struck the window in a downward direction, landing on the floor about a foot from the window. The round struck with enough force to break the windowpane but did not penetrate the window blinds. There was no other damage to the room, which is used occasionally for meetings by the congressman.

The Richmond Police Department is sharing information about the incident with appropriate law enforcement agencies.

At this time there are no suspects.

Strange coincidences do happen .... however bricks into windows are hardly accidental.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #102 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Oh Jesus! This is like the kind of logic used in denial of GW or anything else the right doesn't like. Yeah! It's not real.

I'm telling you trumpy. This kind of logic will bury the Republicans in Nov.

So I'll take it you don't want the $10,000? You could donate it to Democratic causes or spend it at the doughnut shop so you can hear all the important news of the day.

Quote:

Strange coincidences do happen .... however bricks into windows are hardly accidental.

Likewise when did a broken window become terrorism? Talk about a misnomer! Are you all the same people who were claiming Bush was suspending thought by labeling everything terrorism? When did vandalism become terrorism? I guess when it comes to helping the state take over more and more of our lives though, the threats have to sound bigger and bigger.

post #103 of 397
Quote:

So I'll take it you don't want the $10,000? You could donate it to Democratic causes or spend it at the doughnut shop so you can hear all the important news of the day.

Likewise when did a broken window become terrorism? Talk about a misnomer! Are you all the same people who were claiming Bush was suspending thought by labeling everything terrorism? When did vandalism become terrorism? I guess when it comes to helping the state take over more and more of our lives though, the threats have to sound bigger and bigger.

Chopping people up with chainsaws is not terrorism either.
post #104 of 397
http://www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=12208009

A car carrying a child, rammed and pushed down the street by an SUV for having an Obama bumper sticker.

Right wing violence continues, against people and property. I have not heard of a single analogous act of violence from any left wing source (in part certainly because left of centre Americans have no reason to be angry. And are not being encouraged by toxic rhetoric.)

This really has to stop.
post #105 of 397
Perhaps one should get their hearing checked.

post #106 of 397
I think that really we need to look at the bigger picture...

These violent US wingers are not a phenomenon in themselves but are part of a greater world-wide movement of organized Right-wing violence.

Across Europe and the rest of the world equivalents to the US thugs are also in full operation mobilising right-wingers from all areas of their fields of interest: neo-Nazis, racists, hard-line Falangists, ultra-nationalists..... all working in tandem to perpretrate violence and aggression against anyone who they judge 'unworthy'.

A few examples at random from the - literally - hundreds that flood the media newswires on a daily basis.

Berlin: Right-wing attack on Kurdish Politician's car

Quote:
far-right extremists set fire to the car of a Berlin politician with Kurdish roots early on Friday morning, city authorities reported.

Bolton UK: 2000 'anti Islam' fascists riot in streets

Quote:
Anti-Islamic feelings are being exploited by right wing groups such as the EDL and British National Party to ignite racial and religious hatred in the lead up to the forthcoming UK general election.

Americas: Right-wing violence shaking Bolivia

Quote:
Masked groups of young men smash their way into government offices, burning documents and destroying everything they can find..... irregular forces ambush a group of peasants from El Porvenir in the province of Pando – killing at least eight and wounding four times that number.

Australia: Emergence of White Supremacist Movement reaches terminal velocity

Quote:
The annual report of Australia's Security Intelligence Organization indicated that extreme right-wing groups had shown "a clear potential to cause distress to sections of the Australian community, and perhaps threaten life." .....there have been further reports of sporatic Skinhead harassment of Asians and Jews.

UK: Neo-Nazi caught with explosives - jailed as a terrorist

Quote:
A white supremacist has been convicted at the Old Bailey of having explosives with intent to endanger life and preparing for acts of terrorism.

This last one is significant because it is a CLEAR equivalent of Islamist terror.... that is to say; it is indistinguishable from Islamic terror in manner and form.

And it is right-wing.

There is no Left-wing equivalent.
post #107 of 397
Perhaps youve read this entry in an extreme right wing blog.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...y-this-is.html

The Washington Post has an article on it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...501722_pf.html

Ill just quote the choice parts.

Quote:
"To all modern Sons of Liberty: THIS is your time. Break their windows. Break them NOW."

So, you see.

Quote:
So, if you wish to send a message that Pelosi and her party they cannot fail to hear, break their windows. Break them NOW. Break them and run to break again. Break them under cover of night. Break them in broad daylight. Break them and await arrest in willful, principled civil disobedience. Break them with rocks. Break them with slingshots. Break them with baseball bats. But BREAK THEM.

And we all know whats been happening for the last few days, dont we.

Trumptman, jazzguru and MJ1970, is there any way youll condemn this man and his words?
post #108 of 397
Quote:

Perhaps you’ve read this entry in an extreme right wing blog.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...y-this-is.html

The Washington Post has an article on it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...501722_pf.html

I’ll just quote the choice parts.

So, you see.

And we all know what’s been happening for the last few days, don’t we.

Trumptman, jazzguru and MJ1970, is there any way you’ll condemn this man and his words?

Sure. Hey fellow son of liberty. Breaking windows bad. Break these folks at the polling place. Vote them out. Also don't give them any ammo to justify their self-victimization. Let them wander around screaming no justice, no peace while claiming to be passive. The voters will see and know who is right.

post #109 of 397
Quote:

Sure. Hey fellow son of liberty. Breaking windows bad. Break them at the polling place.

In other words you'd slap them on their hand and send them on their way.
post #110 of 397
Quote:

Sure. Hey fellow son of liberty. Breaking windows bad. Break them at the polling place.

This sentence doesn't even make any sense.

He's explicitly asking people to break windows.

And you explicitly refuse to condemn it.
post #111 of 397
Quote:

Given the other responses we've heard from him I think it makes perfect sense. Since they're attacking the left it's really not that bad.
post #112 of 397
Quote:

I wasn't aware that the sentence "Breaking windows bad" was so hard to understand.

You're hopeless.

post #113 of 397
Someone's hopeless.
post #114 of 397
I was referring to the phrase "Break windows at the polling place".

Oh yeah, I reported the ad hom.

They all count. I learned that from you.
post #115 of 397
Quote:

Well, obviously, he meant that as a figure of speech to refer to voting for change.
post #116 of 397
Quote:

Not the windows, the elected officials. The actual sentence makes that clear...

Break these folks at the polling place. Edited to clarify from Break them at the polling place.

Did you intentionally misread it?

(Seems he edited it to clarify the intent, however Tonton is correct, the actual intent was pretty clear if you did not start from a suspicious perspective.)
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #117 of 397
Quote:

Break these folks at the polling place.

Funny thing about that. I don't see " Folks " in the original account.
post #118 of 397
I propose we all go to a random place, i.e. Galt's Gulch and start throwing a few bricks into windows.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #119 of 397
Quote:

I propose we all go to a random place, i.e. Galt's Gulch and start throwing a few bricks into windows.

Have fun with that.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #120 of 397
Quote:

Break these folks at the polling place. Edited to clarify from Break them at the polling place.

(Seems he edited it to clarify the intent, however Tonton is correct, the actual intent was pretty clear if you did not start from a suspicious perspective.)

No, NoahJ, I didn't. I think you are wrong in your reading of these sentences.

Quote:

Where does he mention politicians here?

He doesn't. And since when has anyone ever broken a politician in a polling booth? Never. Because you dont break a politician. Like extreme right wing people in America, you break a window.

The only noun in the middle sentence is windows. The verb break in the third sentence refers to this noun. That is what the preposition "them" is for.

Sorry. Im sure trumptman appreciates you intereceding on his behalf by casting doubt on my facility with language, but its not a very good collection of sentences.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Tea Party Terrorism