or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs calls Flash a 'CPU hog' in meeting with WSJ - rumor

Steve Jobs calls Flash a 'CPU hog' in meeting with WSJ - rumor - Page 8

post #281 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post

You ability to read, comprehend and reason with statements is obviously limited so I will keep this very simple. You do not understand anything. When you are confronted with similar situations in the future just ignore them. There is even an option to ignore posts by specific people if they confuse you.

I see you completely lost your ability to respond. Rather than reply with fact or counterargument, you took the classic All Lose Technique to it's normal conclusion: Say the other guy is wrong and try to gloat.

Why do so many resort to this form of stupidity? My gawd, use your brain for something other than saying you won some point when you won't even debate it. You really think ANYONE believes it?

I'd laugh, but this unfortunately is the current state of the Internet.

I'm still standing on this.

Quote:

Steve has personal issues with Adobe that are standing in the way of sound business sense. Whether he likes it or not, Flash is a de facto standard which is everywhere on the internet and not just in the grotesquely overproduced videos he likes to complain about.

If Flash is a "CPU hog" as he claims, perhaps he should have used a better CPU...NVidia Tegra 2, for example.

Steve is the problem, not the solution. Steve lied. He promised "all the internet" with the iPhone. Without Flash you simply can not access "all the internet". Having lied about that, what makes you think he is not lying now?

Almost anyone could have specified a better bit of hardware for the iPad than Steve did. Sadly, there is no one at Apple who can or will tell him that he is out of touch with reality and the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

Sure I could specify LOTS of higher performing hardware. Only if I used those specs I would need an eight pound Li-poly battery to get four hours of use.

Take your one-sided poor assessments and circular file them. Start over and get the concept right before you try again. Big picture requires assessment of the Triangle of Death tradeoffs.

1) raw performance

2) power available

3) size & weight

The Law of the Triangle of Death says you can pick any two. The cost to optimize all three corners will ALWAYS be out of economical reach, but will always be reachable in a theoretical unconstrained environment.

Until somebody ships something that outperforms the iPad by at least 2x with reasonable size and weight and at the same or better price points, saying it should have ______ or it is yesterday's tech is just hot air.
post #282 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

I see you completely lost your ability to respond. Rather than reply with fact or counterargument, you took the classic All Lose Technique to it's normal conclusion: Say the other guy is wrong and try to gloat.

Why do so many resort to this form of stupidity? My gawd, use your brain for something other than saying you won some point when you won't even debate it. You really think ANYONE believes it?

I'd laugh, but this unfortunately is the current state of the Internet.

I'm still standing on this.

Hiro,

You are so obviously wrong and plainly just an apologist that your comments do not warrant further comment. Enjoy your own little reality.
post #283 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

Sorry, unlike iSteve, you cannot just wave a magic wand and eliminate functionality.

You can, however, set my posts to ignore. I invite you to do so.

Flash is not the Boy Scout of functionality. It is bad for Mac and Windows and if you only want a 1 hour battery for the iPad, it's also bad on portables. Flash Lite is a joke.
post #284 of 284
Quote:

Hiro,

You are so obviously wrong and plainly just an apologist that your comments do not warrant further comment. Enjoy your own little reality.

At least my reality contains reality! Your continued vapor-filled responses are long on bile and short on substance. In the famed words of an old lady:

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs calls Flash a 'CPU hog' in meeting with WSJ - rumor