or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Republicans want to lower taxes!!!!

Republicans want to lower taxes!!!!

post #1 of 18
Just not your taxes.
post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Mac View Post

Just not your taxes.

Rant? Or is there a link or story you are referring to that can be discussed?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #3 of 18
well... seeing as there is no way for them to collect enough taxes to even BEGIN to pay down the debt currently being created, we might as well pay LESS in taxes.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

well... seeing as there is no way for them to collect enough taxes to even BEGIN to pay down the debt currently being created, we might as well pay LESS in taxes.

What would be the point of that? If the US can't pay its debt, it would have to eventually inflate away its debt. And inflation tax is just like any other tax.
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarein View Post

What would be the point of that? If the US can't pay its debt, it would have to eventually inflate away its debt. And inflation tax is just like any other tax.

If inflation tax is like any other tax, then did Obama lie when he said he would not raise taxes on the middle class?

His massive spending policies lead to the Fed printing more money out of thin air, which will result in the devaluation of the dollar, which will lead to inflation.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #6 of 18
Quote:

They COULD shrink government, reduce services, and lower taxes as well as reduce the deficit. They just won't.

Cut social security, medicare and medicade.
post #7 of 18
End the Fed. Bring our troops home. Secure the borders. Get out of the UN. Stop nation building and policing the world.

post #8 of 18
But "they" won't do ANY of those things, even though it needs to be done... so, since they won't spend my money responsibly, why shouldn't I keep more of it and determine for myself how it should be spent?? (At least I don't spend more than I take in!)
post #9 of 18
Quote:

But "they" won't do ANY of those things, even though it needs to be done... so, since they won't spend my money responsibly, why shouldn't I keep more of it and determine for myself how it should be spent?? (At least I don't spend more than I take in!)

They won't do that any time soon either, unfortunately. I'd rather pay down national debts than take home more cash, but you're right, plan "B" is better than nothing.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

They won't do that any time soon either, unfortunately. I'd rather pay down national debts than take home more cash, but you're right, plan "B" is better than nothing.

Yea me too. I don't want to strap my kids and grandkids with democrats' mistakes. Probably not going to happen either way.
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Yea me too. I don't want to strap my kids and grandkids with democrats' mistakes. Probably not going to happen either way.

You'd rather strap them with George Bush's mistakes?

Let's see now. How much did we go into the hole during his time in office?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Let's see now. How much did we go into the hole during his time in office?

It should be noted that the Democrats took control of both houses of Congress in 2007.

Oh how I long for the days when $400 billion was a huge deficit.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #13 of 18
Quote:

I intentionally didn't include ANY political party in MY comments... because both are guilty.

I can remember back as far as LBJ and I can't recall ANY administration actually cutting spending when it was the moral/right thing to do... deficit spending is the only type of spending they know.

Any time they talk about "reducing the deficit", what they REALLY mean is reducing the rate of GROWTH of the deficit. They just don't seem to understand reality.
post #14 of 18
Quote:

Democrats mistakes? How about Republicans mistakes? Looks like kids and grandkids today are getting the full brunt of Bush/Cheney 2001-2007.
post #15 of 18
I agree. Bush not being conservative enough has led to a Democratic Congress and president and the kids and grandkids (those who haven't been aborted) will be paying for the pain of these trillion dollar a year deficits for that have resulted from Bush not being conservative enough and thus electing Obama, for quite a long time.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #16 of 18
It has more to do with Bush's entire presidency was shrouded in lies and secrecy. He actually did his conservative job. He was the straw that broke the camel's back and now more people than ever distrust the government and think the government can't do anything good. He was exactly what the conservatives wanted.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #17 of 18
I wasn't aware that radically enlarging versys abolishing the Department of Education, and creating entire new entitlements aka the Medicare Prescription Drug benefit were conservative jobs.

post #18 of 18
I wasn't aware that you were only going to respond to part of what I said, isolated, and taken out of context. I should have been. That's what you do.

-Sagan

-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Republicans want to lower taxes!!!!