or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › ITC to review Apple's patent infringement claims against Nokia

ITC to review Apple's patent infringement claims against Nokia - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

W

No, the US and EU provided subsidies as both the US and the EU could not produce milk as cheap as other countries.

MILK ????

YOU want to ship milk across oceans ???
MILK ??
mooooo juice is local
whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

Our cause ??

You finns love to sit under the safe skirt of the USA and bitch . Your jokes are stupid.
American boys are dead keeping you safe .Try a little respect fool .

Read my comment with some thought. The original poster said "we didn't want to go to Iraq", but obviously some of you did. I'm not that daft as to assume every american or that even most wanted to do that. Just shows what black & white confrontational writing style does.

On respect: For Afganistan, Kosovo, Haiti for example, plenty of respect. For Iraq round 2, no.. But that's very black&white and confrontational. Like the original post that I responded to in the very same manner and tone as the original. See where that ended up? Kind of proof of the point I was trying to make.

On the "skirts". Please, tell me a single time in history, that the US has factually come to our (country, not Europe) aid or kept as safe by giving any guarantees of security. One sale of brewster buffalos before WWII that is not. We are in Afganistan as well, but with a different strategy as our laws do not permit us to engage in warfare outside our borders unless directly attacked. We have done our bit in helping nations rebuild via U.N. Peacekeeping for example. The U.S as the "leader" in the global scene naturally has more resources to utilise and more to benefit, that brings more responsibility as well.

As to bitching. You didn't see any bitching before we were bitched about. So how was the "tit for tat" that the original poster said? So is there any point to go overboard with the black and white confrontational attitudes? Just look at how much a single post-response pair provoked.

Regs, Jarkko
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

Somehow saying nokia is a finn comp is a racial crime.

Haven't seen a Finn state that have you?
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

There's no way in hell Apple should have agreed but if Nokia wants to sue them for damages that's fine. Asking for a ITC ban on all Apple products in the US is just asinine and I hope it completely backfires. Joka toiselle kuoppaa kaivaa, se itse siihen lankeaa.

Frankly, I expected better from Finns.

You are now assuming Apple's assertions are truthful and Nokia's are not. It is sure interesting to see how this plays out and if we will ever hear the truth.

Yrittänyttä ei laiteta.
Ahneella on paskainen loppu

Regs, Jarkko
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahonen View Post

Ahneella on paskainen loppu

That might apply to both companies...but given Nokia is suing Apple to get more money than RAND I'm thinking it applies more toward Nokia. Unless I misunderstand what it means which I probably do since I don't actually speak suomi.

Completely off the topic my favorite finnish proverb is:

Kännissä ja kihloissa on kiva olla, krapulassa ja naimisissa yhtä helvettiä

I think that roughly translates to: drunk and engaged is heaven, hungover and married is hell.
post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

That might apply to both companies...but given Nokia is suing Apple to get more money than RAND I'm thinking it applies more toward Nokia. Unless I misunderstand what it means which I probably do since I don't actually speak suomi.

Completely off the topic my favorite finnish proverb is:

Kännissä ja kihloissa on kiva olla, krapulassa ja naimisissa yhtä helvettiä

I think that roughly translates to: drunk and engaged is heaven, hungover and married is hell.

You understood it correctly. It might truly apply to both companies. That's why I put it there. You're being modest since your understanding of the language is good. And your translation is not rough, is quite precise. "It's fun to be drunk and engaged, hungover and married is pure hell"

Regs, Jarkko
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › ITC to review Apple's patent infringement claims against Nokia