or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › HP attacks Apple iPad over Flash, ARM expects 50 new tablets in 2010
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HP attacks Apple iPad over Flash, ARM expects 50 new tablets in 2010 - Page 6

post #201 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

Look it up.

i did lol. That was actually the first thing that came up.

Sorry, I have a dumb sense of humor :/
post #202 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

i did lol. That was actually the first thing that came up.

Sorry, I have a dumb sense of humor :/

No problem. Me too.
post #203 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGenius View Post


How is a 4:3 aspect ratio not technology? It seems to be the practical application of knowledge and a manner of accomplishing a task.

But I forget where I am. We can use the word to mean anything we want.

Of course it is technology! And Apple is just showing how little it cares about innovation by using such an outdated technology.

A piece of good old paper 16:9 is the way forward. Innovative, forward thinking! New technology for the 21st century! Make way to revolutionary new designs!
post #204 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

Look it up.

FYI
Acronyms for PBTC
\t Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium
\t Person Behind the Counter
\t Palm Beach Treasure Coast
\t Powered by the Cheat
\t Pacific Bell Telephone Company
\t Plan B Theatre Company
\t 2-Phosphonobutane-1,2,4-tricarboxylic acid
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #205 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStud View Post

Of course it is technology! And Apple is just showing how little it cares about innovation by using such an outdated technology.

A piece of good old paper 16:9 is the way forward. Innovative, forward thinking! New technology for the 21st century! Make way to revolutionary new designs!

The shape or ratio of a screen has nothing to do with the technology behind it. If the iPad had a 16:9 screen, you'd be marveling at the "revolutionary" design even though, from a technological standpoint, it is identical to a 4:3 version. The technology beneath the surface is exactly the same regardless of it's shape or ratio of width to height. BTW, in case you haven't actually bothered to measure, an A4 piece of paper is 8.5x11 which equates to 1.294:1 (1.3:1 for all intents and purposes).
post #206 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

Nobody. That's because people who buy Apple products are always better people.

yea apple people have better things to do than talk trash about a device on another website. Apple's products speak for themselves and so do their sales numbers.

We do not need to feed our inferiority complex by going to forums, and spout a bunch of pre-released talking points.

Who would want a virus/malware prone device, with poorly implemented multitouch slapped on last minute running a windows OS? talk about insanity, tried and failed many times, how are those tablets numbers? Oh wait it has 16:9 screen, I am sold..because all HD movies are the same aspect ratio...what? they are not...well it runs flash! Oh cool because with windows 7 and flash, I can now cook my thighs from the heat coming off the cpu! Multitasking for sure!

Sweet, Flash and second-degree burns....would have been third degree but the battery died...
post #207 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

The shape or ratio of a screen has nothing to do with the technology behind it. If the iPad had a 16:9 screen, you'd be marveling at the "revolutionary" design even though, from a technological standpoint, it is identical to a 4:3 version. The technology beneath the surface is exactly the same regardless of it's shape or ratio of width to height. BTW, in case you haven't actually bothered to measure, an A4 piece of paper is 8.5x11 which equates to 1.294:1 (1.3:1 for all intents and purposes).

I'll use

\\begin{sarcasm}

\\end{sarcasm}

next time... You seem to have missed it.
post #208 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStud View Post

I'll use

\\begin{sarcasm}

\\end{sarcasm}

next time... You seem to have missed it.

Yeah, I guess I did. My bad.
post #209 of 260
This is an OSX vs Windows issue re: Flash. Flash is notoriously inefficient on OSX, which is why SJ and Apple have an issue with it in the first place. I imagine Flash would have a significantly higher impact on an OSX based device than a Windows 7 based device.

Having said that, if Win7 on the tablet turns out to be inefficient as well, then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gFiz View Post

The kicker will be the battery lives. Steve claims adding flash woudl knock down the battery life from 10 to 2 hours. Something tells my the HP slate is going to have more than 2 hour battery life.
post #210 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

The iPad is not "crippled". It is "differently enabled".

Crippled or not, the following scenario is embarrassing:

post #211 of 260
Wake up, HP (and others).

That FULL web-browsing experience you mention that requires Flash? That's the one that I DON'T want. Why? Because most of that Flash experience is A D V E R T I S I N G. I don't NEED more A D V E R T I S I N G in my life. A D V E R T I S I N G is the reason that I dropped my DirecTV subscription; the reason I'm getting my TV for free out of the air--because that's what it is work with all that A D V E R T I S I N G.

When Adobe figures out a way to: a) Make Flash secure so that it doesn't put my computers at risk; and, b) Put me in control of my own computer and browser so that I can decide whether I watch advertising instead of Adobe's app making that decision for me, then I'll reconsider. Meanwhile if I was smart enough to figure out how to get Flash OFF of my computers I would do so in a, well, uh, FLASH!
post #212 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by gFiz View Post

hmm, that's one theory. The other could be that HP has 4x the computing market share, and those users might be more inclined to stay within their brand security, much the same as Apple user do.

I don't think that's a valid argument.
I bet 70% of those HP computer owners that also have an MP3 player have an iPod,
(since that's roughly apples marketshare).

The iPod, of course, is an apple product.
post #213 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I believe the TM2t runs right around 1000.00. Specs on mine are 4GB of memory, 12.1 multi touch HD LED screen, 500GB 7200rpm drive, Wireless N with BT, Intell SU7300 which is 1.3 DUO and I believe its a 6cell battery. I believe it has a 4550 ATI GPU.

So its pretty nice for the Tablets on the market today.

I believe its the Dell Tablet that is 2-3k and honestly I dont see anything special about it to justify that price.

Ah...the TM2t is a convertible tablet that is best compared to the MacBook...which, alas, isn't a convertible yet. It's not the same as the iPad given it's 4.72 lbs...

Looks like a nice convertible though.
post #214 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I don't see any of the Windows OEMs enjoying much if any brand loyalty.

Lenovo/Thinkpad. Panasonic/Toughbook. Those two come to mind.

HP/Dell not so much.
post #215 of 260
The irony of using "open" and "Flash" together.

Q4 2010? so all of this is FUD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Crippled or not, the following scenario is embarrassing:


Apple can easily sort this one out while keeping iPhone OS.

Sync the iPad via the web. Allow syncing your iTunes library with your online account, and then just sync iPad with your account.

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

Reply

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

Reply
post #216 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

He in lies the problem of Apple showing and telling long before sales started. IMHO Apple should have come out of the box with a ready to sell product.

you mean like all the other tablets already introduced this year.

Quote:
The developers could have been under NDAs or in the dark if Apple really wanted to be secret,

doesn't work. history has shown this to Apple. And when you add in all the app developers there's too many people to deal with.

Announcing for a speedy-ish release was the best move.

Even with the 90 day delay they will still beat the competition to the market and that's where this battle could end early. Folks will be able to put their hands on the ipad and play with it and many of the "I think I'll wait for the X" folks could decide not to wait.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #217 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Would you take that laptop on vacation or on a commute to work or to a presentation? People will buy it for the same reasons that tens of millions of people have bought netbooks and this one has an edge.

What edge? I'd rather have a Lenovo S10-3t win 7 convertible than a HP win7 slate. Keyboard is a little so-so for current netbook standards but at least it has one. Reviews have been rather meh though.

What on earth makes you think the HP slate would do better in real world usage?
post #218 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by gFiz View Post

You CANNOT argue that flash is not currently used on websites. The iPad will not display flash, therefore it is an incomplete experience when viewing the web.


the amusing catch is that while you are correct at the moment, who is to say how long you will be. In about 3 weeks, the first run of ipads will be selling. If they sell like crazy, all those sites that are so dependent on flash will have to consider if missing out on that market is worth it. Many of them may decide that it's not. And we'll see the beginning of the end for flash based video streaming, those annoying marching across your screen ads etc. All those 99% Flash websites like the movie tie-in sites will also fade away, particularly for movies targeted towards teens like the Twilight Saga, if reports start popping up that the ipad is a hit in those demos.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #219 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

FYI
Acronyms for PBTC
\t Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium
\t Person Behind the Counter
\t Palm Beach Treasure Coast
\t Powered by the Cheat
\t Pacific Bell Telephone Company
\t Plan B Theatre Company
\t 2-Phosphonobutane-1,2,4-tricarboxylic acid

Good job! Step two is to pick the one that fits the context.
post #220 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

The shape or ratio of a screen has nothing to do with the technology behind it. If the iPad had a 16:9 screen, you'd be marveling at the "revolutionary" design even though, from a technological standpoint, it is identical to a 4:3 version. The technology beneath the surface is exactly the same regardless of it's shape or ratio of width to height. BTW, in case you haven't actually bothered to measure, an A4 piece of paper is 8.5x11 which equates to 1.294:1 (1.3:1 for all intents and purposes).

Look up A4 dimensions.
post #221 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by crift2012 View Post

yea apple people have better things to do than talk trash about a device on another website. Apple's products speak for themselves and so do their sales numbers.

We do not need to feed our inferiority complex by going to forums, and spout a bunch of pre-released talking points.

Who would want a virus/malware prone device, with poorly implemented multitouch slapped on last minute running a windows OS? talk about insanity, tried and failed many times, how are those tablets numbers? Oh wait it has 16:9 screen, I am sold..because all HD movies are the same aspect ratio...what? they are not...well it runs flash! Oh cool because with windows 7 and flash, I can now cook my thighs from the heat coming off the cpu! Multitasking for sure!

Sweet, Flash and second-degree burns....would have been third degree but the battery died...

There are times I wish I were able to live in a world of delusion. It seems happier there.
post #222 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Don't you wish they could be original instead though?

That tablet is a crystal clear violation of Apple's trademark they were granted a couple of weeks ago, it looks almost identical, especially from the front. Apple likely won't take them to court over it, but it's just so lame to copy another device so closely.

Even the Dell version (unfortunately named the "streak"), at least looks quite different from the iPad. HP was the market and design leader for cool new mobile devices not that long ago. Now they are copying Apple molecule by molecule it seems and Dell is the innovator? Yikes.

Copied iPad?

HP has presented their Slate before Apple has officially shown iPad... but when you think of it, both iPad and slate were designed months before any of them actually presented it; both are most generic form of touch-screen tablet, there is nothing original on any of them looks wise.
post #223 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egocentric View Post

[laughing]
"Indisputably?" Are you serious? Flash makes this tablet better than the iPad?
[/laughing]

Wow, next time you try to think, reconsider. When HP gets done with this thing, it will probably have a battery life of an older digital camera. Click. Flash. Done. Reload. Adding Flash is not the end game for the iPad, sorry.
-360

For some people, lack of Flash is big issue. I definitely want Flash on a device where I can browse as it was intended, without constant resizing. My wife's major interest for iPad was Facebook and silly Flash games - she wanted to be able to play them away from her desktop or notebook. Once she learned she can't, she simply stopped mentioning iPad at all - for her, it stopped existing.

Of course number of people will find lack of Flash perfectly OK, even desirable... but I think majority would prefer to have it. I'm not talking about people here, but about ordinary people who don't care what SJ or SB think about Flash.
post #224 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

For some people, lack of Flash is big issue. I definitely want Flash on a device where I can browse as it was intended, without constant resizing. My wife's major interest for iPad was Facebook and silly Flash games - she wanted to be able to play them away from her desktop or notebook. Once she learned she can't, she simply stopped mentioning iPad at all - for her, it stopped existing.

Of course number of people will find lack of Flash perfectly OK, even desirable... but I think majority would prefer to have it. I'm not talking about people here, but about ordinary people who don't care what SJ or SB think about Flash.

Only geeks care about flash. The iPad is made for normal people.
post #225 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

Copied iPad?

HP has presented their Slate before Apple has officially shown iPad... but when you think of it, both iPad and slate were designed months before any of them actually presented it; both are most generic form of touch-screen tablet, there is nothing original on any of them looks wise.

Apple was granted a trademark on the "look" of the iPhone/iPod touch line. As I said, they likely won't do anything about it, but technically, anyone who makes a product that looks similar enough is in violation of the trademark. It's all laid out very carefully and in great detail in the application. The rectangle with the rounded corners, the all glass front, the metal band, etc.

When Balmer held up the HP tablet, it looked to me to be almost identical. There are of course some differences, but it's very, very similar looking in general.

I think they are in violation of the trademark, but more importantly, I just think it's terribly lame to be following so closely on someone else's coat-tails. As ugly as the Droid and many other Android phones are, they are not easily mistaken for an iPhone. As ugly as Dell's new "streak" is, it's not going to ever be mistaken for an iPad.

This thing however, even at a moderate distance, seems only slightly different from Apple's products n appearance to me. Imagination fail at least, possibly infringing at worst.
post #226 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

Apple can easily sort this one out while keeping iPhone OS.

What's there to sort out? Apple really doesn't have to do anything except for the typical evolution of their products.

The point of the picture is to paint the HP Slate is a "real computer" that runs Win7 with a minimum accoutrement of ports while painting the iPad is merely a satellite device that requires a computer. It has an implicit message that a real computer is better than what the "crippled" ones that Apple's iPhone OS X devices represent. That's the joke of the picture.

Anti-Apple fanboys are truly smart in their own way, but they are just as egotistical, just as susceptible to self-delusion as anyone. The joke that they don't get is that their worldview is not the worldview of the world-at-large. That's part of Apple's sauce. Apple doesn't think in a geek fanboy kind of way and that provides insight into the world-at-large and provides a better product. That doesn't mean world dominance, just a facet of competitive advantage. There other things that provide advantages for competitors too and it's a complex world.

iPhone OS X devices including the iPad do not need a hub computer. It's a walled iTunes garden with users being able to buy music, buy & rent movies, buy games, buy apps, buy e-books, and other content from iTunes. It can do basic email (not Outlook, but good enough for consumers) and other consumery stuff. It doesn't need a hub computer to do this. It's biggest requirement is that WiFi is really required for the large items (>20 MB). With broadband at home, a user can use an iPad as a home computer with a pretty good experience.

If one has lots of CDs and DVDs and other data one wants to put on an iPad, it needs a hub computer. The HP Slate needs a hub computer to do that too and is in the exact same boat as an iPad. Except the iPad will likely be a better experience. iTunes acts as a reasonable catchall conduit, reasonably good content organization/services, and provides an automatic backup solution. Erase and reinstall of the OS and restore of all your content will be manageable for most folks with iTunes. HP Slate will not. How are people going to update the OS on the HP Slate? OTA? What about reinstalling the OS, restoring content? Backup? Haven't seen what it will have, so who knows, maybe it'll be good.

For people who want a personal computer, the HP Slate is obviously the better choice. iPad isn't targeted at people want a computer. It's a misread to think that the iPad is for novices and computer-phobes and the ilk as well. In the long run, it's going to be about the integration of computing into one's life, band eliminating the typical traps of the computer. The point is to make the software disappear and just have people "do" stuff. You just "do". Whether the iPad can do that, we'll see.

Quote:
Sync the iPad via the web. Allow syncing your iTunes library with your online account, and then just sync iPad with your account.

If you're thinking in terms of backup, the easiest solution (outside of iTunes and a hub computer) is to provide a Time Machine backup solution. Customer buys a Time Capsule. Replaces the home WiFi router with Time Capsule. Customer turns on Time Machine by flipping the switch in the Settings app on the iPad. Done. The cloud backup won't be ready until 10+ MBit/s, at the very least, uploads are cheap and bountiful. If you haven't noticed, upload speeds are horrible.

Though Apple is in a reasonably good boat here. If all your content is bought from iTunes, you don't need to back up any content bought from there. No syncing needed. All that needs preserving is the iTunes account. For user created data, Apple can update Mobileme to provide backup/syncing of that. Not too bad that. The easiest solution is the Time Capsule though. Fast fast fast. Best would be the Time Capsule and the cloud backup (which should have a multiple backups).
post #227 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

When Balmer held up the HP tablet, it looked to me to be almost identical. There are of course some differences, but it's very, very similar looking in general.

I think the HP Slate looks totally different from the iPad in "looks". It's not close. Not even close.
post #228 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

For some people, lack of Flash is big issue. I definitely want Flash on a device where I can browse as it was intended, without constant resizing. My wife's major interest for iPad was Facebook and silly Flash games - she wanted to be able to play them away from her desktop or notebook. Once she learned she can't, she simply stopped mentioning iPad at all - for her, it stopped existing.

Of course number of people will find lack of Flash perfectly OK, even desirable... but I think majority would prefer to have it. I'm not talking about people here, but about ordinary people who don't care what SJ or SB think about Flash.

Ordinary people don't care to have Flash. It's not a subtle distinction. They want the content that Flash provides. You're wife wants to play silly games. They just happened to be designed in Flash. If there were available as apps for the iPad, would that change her mind?

Yes, your point is well made. Reality is however different. It's a risk that Apple is taking in not incorporating Flash. They are betting that they can provide the same content Flash provides by trying to convince websites world-wide to provide H.264 as an alternative (most everyone apparently doesn't care for Flash's non-game animation stuff apparently) and for developers to make App Store apps instead of Flash plugin based games. They think the other benefits from iPhone OS X devices will trump this negative and induce a sale. They think depending on Adobe and promoting a propriety platform layer is too risky for them, and have an opportunity to eliminate it. They are doing fine so far.

It's a race between HTML5/H.264, App Store, and Adobe optimizing Flash for mobile platforms. If it is a strategic mistake so be it. Who knows, maybe it'll be detente and everybody wins.
post #229 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post

I think the HP Slate looks totally different from the iPad in "looks". It's not close. Not even close.

SRSLY?

post #230 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

What untruths have I posted?

And BTW, just so you know, my identity does not depend on my adoration of multinational brands.

If you reread what I wrote you'll see that I never made such an accusation... What you may have INFERRED from from my comment is for your and your conscious to cope with. All I said was,

"I still feel that posting a never-ceasing stream of rants and untruths on HP "Fan Forums" is still beneath all but the most annoying posters here on AI. "

And I stand by that comment...
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
post #231 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

SRSLY?]

Well to be fair you're not seeing the side view... who's betting that the HP shipping unit will be far more chunky than the iPad. I guess some might say 'more to love' but only the mother would say that.
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
post #232 of 260
Oh and for the other 49 tablets, they all will probably run Windows, which is a nonstarter for me. Only one is made by Apple, and that's the one for me.
http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp

Never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. - a bumper sticker

Never quote idiots, they just clog up...
Reply
http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp

Never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. - a bumper sticker

Never quote idiots, they just clog up...
Reply
post #233 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

Only geeks care about flash. The iPad is made for normal people.

I think you'll find the opposite in fact true. While most people likely don't even know what flash is, they'll miss it when it's gone.

Fact - people watch video on iPlayer, Hulu etc.

Fact - people play Facebook games

Fact - most embedded video is in flash


Like it or not, flash is totally essential to use the web as it stands today without huge compromises. The iPad is just one big compromise, and so I believe, will be a failure.
post #234 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by gFiz View Post

sadly, HP is right. from a pure web surfing experience, the HP is indisputably superior. Can't even use the Windows vs. OS X argument here. The kicker will be the battery lives. Steve claims adding flash woudl knock down the battery life from 10 to 2 hours. Something tells my the HP slate is going to have more than 2 hour battery life.

Hmm. Maybe. But flash isn't just stupid ads or flash sites it's 99% of all streaming video from network and cable tv. For some, many maybe, this could be a deal breaker.

Personally I hope it ends up on ylthe ipad as that is the device I want but I'm thinking I might wait until the summer to see what google, hp, msft first computer, the courier and where everything stands around then.
post #235 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomfoolery View Post

In other words(Like watching a movie on a plane, or idly surfing the Web on.

yeah but the problem is these other devices will play xvid, and many other free codecs or watching the same shows sold on iTunes but for free. This is a big deal to a lot of people.
post #236 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

Fact - people watch video on iPlayer, Hulu etc.

Counterfact - iPlayer works fine on iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

Fact - people play Facebook games

Counterfact - And they rely on keyboard and hover. Which will not work on a touchscreen. Flash or no flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

Fact - most embedded video is in flash

But if they want to access the mobile audience, they will have to offer alternatives.
So we are already seeing YouTube and Vimeo and others offering h264 streaming.
These content makers are keen to attract a mobile audience. And Flash was engineered a long time before the hardware that mobile devices use.

C.
post #237 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmkirsch View Post

Wake up, HP (and others).

That FULL web-browsing experience you mention that requires Flash? That's the one that I DON'T want. Why? Because most of that Flash experience is A D V E R T I S I N G. I don't NEED more A D V E R T I S I N G in my life. A D V E R T I S I N G is the reason that I dropped my DirecTV subscription; the reason I'm getting my TV for free out of the air--because that's what it is work with all that A D V E R T I S I N G.

When Adobe figures out a way to: a) Make Flash secure so that it doesn't put my computers at risk; and, b) Put me in control of my own computer and browser so that I can decide whether I watch advertising instead of Adobe's app making that decision for me, then I'll reconsider. Meanwhile if I was smart enough to figure out how to get Flash OFF of my computers I would do so in a, well, uh, FLASH!

Um, so you dint have a computer at all? Just an iPhone because all the MacBooks, mac pros and mbp play varios codecs and flash. I think jobs is afraid of losing sales to iTunes. I mean you can watch lost for free, ABC the very next day or pay $2.99 from iTunes. Hmm
post #238 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

Only geeks care about flash. The iPad is made for normal people.

That is an insane statement. My wife knows nothing about computers yet uses my mac ( her account), to watch Days while doing things around the house. Mbp tied to a 24" HDMI screen. Anyway, Days of our Lives along with just about any streaming video is flash. Next time your watching something non dogs on skateboards, or non YouTube, but netqork or cable, right click it. 99% chance it will say flash and what's the big deal? We never have problems with flash, beside as an apple lover and apologist what I think will hurt the ipad except for those jail broken, will
be the inability to play xvid or some other codec that shares easy, is small but looks great. Plus not being able to install programs like transmission. Speaking of geeks, youbdo know gamers and overclockers is a huge community
go to madonion.com if you have doubts, now you may call them geeks but they are the ones who figure out how to get double the performance or speed on their CPU this is why hackntosh is a preety large group. These days I've read you can download a script that allows you to install a retail disk then build a machine that is just as fast as a mac pro for one quarter of the price and for the most part mac vs pcs use the same parts less a few apple parts, in fact, i think Asus builds the motherboards. Not sure. The point I'm trying to make is anyone who watched streaming video will care about flash if it's a tv show.
post #239 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

SRSLY?


Other than the ugly bezel, the form follows the function. The similarities are organic.

And the properly proportioned screen is a dead giveaway that we are not looking at an Apple product.
post #240 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

If you reread what I wrote you'll see that I never made such an accusation... What you may have INFERRED from from my comment is for your and your conscious to cope with. All I said was,

"I still feel that posting a never-ceasing stream of rants and untruths on HP "Fan Forums" is still beneath all but the most annoying posters here on AI. "

And I stand by that comment...

Apology accepted.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › HP attacks Apple iPad over Flash, ARM expects 50 new tablets in 2010