or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Microsoft working on 'Zune HD2' powered by Windows Phone 7

Microsoft working on 'Zune HD2' powered by Windows Phone 7 - Page 2

post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCad View Post

...Apple has the best enterprise solutions...

Uhhh.... what enterprise solutions?
post #42 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

[CENTER]So, let me get this right. OS X, OS X Leopard, OS X Snow Leopard, what's next OS X Snow Leopard Bhutan?

Please Just Stop Apple - Seriously Just Stop It Now - Oy Vey![/CENTER]

Learn to read and stop trolling. Thanks.
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Actually, I think Microsoft got Bing and Zune from watching old 1960's batman episodes. Maybe their next product will be called the Zlonk or the Glipp.

LMFAO...

I like this so much I'm adding it to my sig... you don't mind, do you?
post #44 of 49
They should just rename the Zune the Me2. It's short, snappy and better than AlsoRan.

I see DaHarder's IQ has taken another lurch downwards.
My Android phone is the worst phone I've ever owned.
My Android phone is the worst phone I've ever owned.
post #45 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

Forgot Pink?

Not sure I know what point you're trying to make. But even if Pink exists inside Microsoft, that doesn't mean it will become a product. Remember Apple's Pink?
post #46 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

LMFAO...

I like this so much I'm adding it to my sig... you don't mind, do you?

lol no i don't mind
post #47 of 49
Microsoft should move to Detroit.
post #48 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

The one thing about Microsoft is they are persistent, and they have billions to throw at problems until they get it right. Apple messed up by not taking more advantage of the Vista fiasco. There were a few years there that Apple could have really gained more market share than they did. Instead they lost a golden opportunity and Windows 7 is pretty well received now and that window is closed. I even installed it on my Mac Pro and even though I prefer OS X because I am used to it, I can see why people could happily live with Win 7.

Sure Microsoft is persistent, but then so is a zombie. Microsoft isn't quite a zombie company, but the point is, persistence and actual life are not necessarily the same thing. News alert: Apple has been steadily gaining market share on Windows over the last several years, so indeed they did take advantage of Microsoft's stumbles, more than anyone had seriously predicted they could. They even made fun of Microsoft's Vista troubles in their ads, for one thing. How could they have done better? By alienating everyone who they might get as future customers, perhaps? Further, the numbers suggest that they are continuing to gain market share against Windows, with or without Win7. The game is only just afoot, hardly over.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #49 of 49
Three problems with the statistics in the article you linked. First, they are based on internet activity, which at best is a crude approximation of actual market share, and says nothing about unit sales. Second, they are comparing only two sequential months, which proves nothing of consequence. Third, the changes between the months are utterly marginal. The real unit sales numbers show something completely different in the trends, which is that Mac sales are growing far more rapidly than Windows PCs in virtually every quarter over the past three or four years.

I don't want to get into arguments over hardware if only because they are endlessly debated here, to no real affect as far as I can tell. As far as OSX is concerned, obviously (to me) Apple has been far more aggressive in developing and releasing new editions of the OSX than Microsoft has ever been of Windows. They were for several years on a 12-month cycle, which they've now lengthened to closer to 18 months. Personally, I think that's even a bit too fast. Apple is on the verge of a have a case featuritus for OSX, which has been Microsoft's problem all along. I don't want more features, I want the ones I use to be well implemented.

As you've implied, aggressive marketing comes with potential blowback. I don't think they could push much harder than they have without making people weary of hearing their message. BTW, I have very powerful memories of Apple's smug yet wimpy and ineffectual marketing during the '90s. They're really improved, to the point where I can't find much to criticize -- and certainly not the results, which have been astounding by any measure.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Microsoft working on 'Zune HD2' powered by Windows Phone 7