or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › NYT: Steve Jobs feels Google betrayed Apple by mimicking iPhone

NYT: Steve Jobs feels Google betrayed Apple by mimicking iPhone - Page 7

post #241 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moler View Post

Until Jobs started whining about Google "being evil" it was normal business, now it is a soap opera.

Imagine that there is no Android OS and other multitouch phones. iPhone 3G would cost 599$ with 3 years contract and 3GS would be 999$ with 5 years contract (and a pint of blood for tethering).
Jailbreaking the iPhone would be a felony and copy/paste would (still) be the most wanted iPhone's feature.

Brilliant and right on!
post #242 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorBenway View Post

I didn't get the word "stupid" being used, but I'll use it. I think it's stupid to waste time making your computer work instead of doing work WITH it. To some people - who time is worth a LOT of money - using inferior tools that embrace time-wasting complexity is the height of stupid.

But unless you've been in that club I suppose it'd be a bit abstract. If I want to tinker for fun, I've got ancient electronics to play with. If I want to consume media, or get work done - keep the jack-of-all-trades-master-of none toys out of my way.

Best line of the article:

" the result is systems that do everything. They're so feature-rich, so complex, that some people can't get them to do anything."

I'd edit it to say - machines that try to do everything and are effectively doing nothing.

Couldn't agree more! Some like to tinker with computers (Windows) I like to make a living in the most efficient, organized way possible! Ergo I use an iMac, MacBook and an iPhone 3Gs (with all the latest SW) and will be getting an iPad 3G shortly instead of buying the MBA and in the process save a lot more cabbage! Thank you very much...

Next purchase will be the iPad, then 2gig timecapsule and then 27" iMac...Golden!
post #243 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Couldn't agree more! Some like to tinker with computers (Windows) I like to make a living in the most efficient, organized way possible! Ergo I use an iMac, MacBook and an iPhone 3Gs (with all the latest SW) and will be getting an iPad 3G shortly instead of buying the MBA and in the process save a lot more cabbage! Thank you very much...

Next purchase will be the iPad, then 2gig timecapsule and then 27" iMac...Golden!

For those that don't understand he prefers to use a computer that doesn't make him think.

Sounds like either you are a Apple Fan or a NetBook user.

But the sad part is NetBooks blow the Ipad away. That is if Steve Jobs horrible presentation of how Magical it is holds any truth.

Steve Jobs is an arrogant bastard that has stabbed everyone in the industry in the back.

Who is the evil one?

If Jobs really believed in Apple than he'd have more money invested in Apple (sold most of his shares) than he does in Disney.

Grow up and learn that Steve Jobs doesn't know you, doesn't care about you and certaintly only wants your money.

It's called business. The exception is Jobs sounds more like a child on the playground that got his feelings hurt.

Steve Jobs should retire. He's a Wussy.
post #244 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYoung View Post

For those that don't understand he prefers to use a computer that doesn't make him think.

Sounds like either you are a Apple Fan or a NetBook user.

But the sad part is NetBooks blow the Ipad away. That is if Steve Jobs horrible presentation of how Magical it is holds any truth.

Steve Jobs is an arrogant bastard that has stabbed everyone in the industry in the back.

Who is the evil one?

If Jobs really believed in Apple than he'd have more money invested in Apple (sold most of his shares) than he does in Disney.

Grow up and learn that Steve Jobs doesn't know you, doesn't care about you and certaintly only wants your money.

It's called business. The exception is Jobs sounds more like a child on the playground that got his feelings hurt.

Steve Jobs should retire. He's a Wussy.

Can you post a video of these 'superior' netbooks booting up nearly instantly, or specs which show they can play video for 10 hours or browse the internet for 30 hours on a charge?
Such hatred and vitriol against Apple and S. Jobs, yet you troll in nearly every thread...
post #245 of 345
When I first saw quicktime of Steve introducing the Iphone I thought to myself: "wow this is something I've never even though was possible. I wonder if it is really as good as it seems. I gotta go check this out at the Apple store."

When I first saw google's youtube on android I thought: "This is an iPhone from google! It looks the same, behaves much in the same way, except it has a physical keyboard. It would be interesting to see if they can match what apple has shipped."

In other words, apple has released something no one even thought possible. Android was fairly close to iPhone OS, but still had drawbacks like a physical keyboard and a direction pad. Apple is right to protect their inventions and google should pay more royalties in terms of bigger share of ad revenue from iPhone users going to Apple.
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
post #246 of 345
Quote:

Same old, same old....

post #247 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff View Post

Apple is right to protect their inventions

More properly, Apple is obligated to protect its IP. Apple's patents on the iPhone are clearly immensely valuable and the board of directors would be sued by shareholders if the company didn't pursue infringers. Google isn't blind, so you might say its directors were obligated to do whatever possible to exploit the same or similar opportunity. A patent doesn't protect itself, though. If anyone is to protect Apple's IP, it has to be Apple itself. That's business. I can see why Apple or Jobs would be furious. Nobody likes being sued and--maybe this is surprising to some people--nobody likes suing. Seems to me, Apple did everything it could to try to avoid the present situation. Tough beans for Google and HTC, though. Essentially they've been asking for it and are banking that, somehow, they can successfully defend. As I understand it, Apple is asking for triple damages, which could really hurt.
post #248 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Can you post a video of these 'superior' netbooks booting up nearly instantly, or specs which show they can play video for 10 hours or browse the internet for 30 hours on a charge?
Such hatred and vitriol against Apple and S. Jobs, yet you troll in nearly every thread...

Do your own research. Try and Google it! Apple certaintly doesn't have a Search Engine or for that matter a browser that has gained any use in the real world.

To say I've posted hatred in "nearly every thread..." would mean my postings from when registered are about 1.x per day.

AI posts 4-5 article a day depending on when Apple has a bowel movement.

Steve Jobs has belittled every major company that chooses to compete with Apple.

This is not the actions of a CEO, it's the actions of either a rookie or someone looking to hold the CEO job (purely out of arrogance).

Steve Jobs is not your friend, he doesn't know you, he doesn't love anything more than your money. Steve Jobs has way too many companies that will not let Apple set the rules. It isn't in their best Interest. It's a business he's not your friend regardless of what you think.

Jobs needs to retire his dumb ass black turtle neck, tennis shoes and jeans. He's old. It just makes him look pathetic.

The MaxiPad may sell to the Apple Sheep but put it in the category of AppleTV (a hobby).
Sad thing is that Jobs said this magical device was his best work ever. That was the iPhone.

The competition and end user is a bit more informed these days to be held in Steve Job's closed system.

There is not an app for that. Jobs sounds like a like a child crying at the playground becuase his toy was taken away.

I'll go on record to say the iPad will fail because of Steve Jobs.
post #249 of 345
Quote:

Do your own research. Try and Google it! Apple certaintly doesn't have a Search Engine or for that matter a browser that has gained any use in the real world.

To say I've posted hatred in "nearly every thread..." would mean my postings from when registered are about 1.x per day.

AI posts 4-5 article a day depending on when Apple has a bowel movement.

Steve Jobs has belittled every major company that chooses to compete with Apple.

This is not the actions of a CEO, it's the actions of either a rookie or someone looking to hold the CEO job (purely out of arrogance).

Steve Jobs is not your friend, he doesn't know you, he doesn't love anything more than your money. Steve Jobs has way too many companies that will not let Apple set the rules. It isn't in their best Interest. It's a business he's not your friend regardless of what you think.

Jobs needs to retire his dumb ass black turtle neck, tennis shoes and jeans. He's old. It just makes him look pathetic.

The MaxiPad may sell to the Apple Sheep but put it in the category of AppleTV (a hobby).
Sad thing is that Jobs said this magical device was his best work ever. That was the iPhone.

The competition and end user is a bit more informed these days to be held in Steve Job's closed system.

There is not an app for that. Jobs sounds like a like a child crying at the playground becuase his toy was taken away.

I'll go on record to say the iPad will fail because of Steve Jobs.

Oh, the standard "Google it yourself" answer for those who can't back up their claims...

Clearly you despise Apple and S. Jobs. Why don't you just go somewhere else? I am sure there are plenty of anti-Apple sites.
Perhaps you really love Apple products, yet can't afford them, so seek to belittle the products, its founder and users.
post #250 of 345
Quote:

Oh, the standard "Google it yourself" answer for those who can't back up their claims...

Clearly you despise Apple and S. Jobs. Why don't you just go somewhere else? I am sure there are plenty of anti-Apple sites.
Perhaps you really love Apple products, yet can't afford them, so seek to belittle the products, its founder and users.

OK, then BING IT. The results will be the same and Apple will be reliant on Microsoft even more than they currently are with Windows & Office. It doesn't take Einstein to realize that if you do business you need Microsoft.

Apple and Microsoft are a partnership that is 1 Google click...

Steve Jobs and Steve Balmer will be good buddies soon. They are both made from the same mold (pun intended). Good luck with the partnership in this round.

AI tries to make every Apple move sound like a Soap Opera. Steve Jobs just backs it up with his actions.
post #251 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

You people really need to get some new material.

"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #252 of 345
Quote:

OK, then BING IT. The results will be the same and Apple will be reliant on Microsoft even more than they currently are with Windows & Office. It doesn't take Einstein to realize that if you do business you need Microsoft.

Apple and Microsoft are a partnership that is 1 Google click...

Steve Jobs and Steve Balmer will be good buddies soon. They are both made from the same mold (pun intended). Good luck with the partnership in this round.

AI tries to make every Apple move sound like a Soap Opera. Steve Jobs just backs it up with his actions.

Still can't back up your claims? Pathetic. Perhaps you should move on. People get tired of trolls pretty quick.
post #253 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff View Post

When I first saw quicktime of Steve introducing the Iphone I thought to myself: "wow this is something I've never even though was possible. I wonder if it is really as good as it seems. I gotta go check this out at the Apple store."

When I first saw google's youtube on android I thought: "This is an iPhone from google! It looks the same, behaves much in the same way, except it has a physical keyboard. It would be interesting to see if they can match what apple has shipped."

In other words, apple has released something no one even thought possible. Android was fairly close to iPhone OS, but still had drawbacks like a physical keyboard and a direction pad. Apple is right to protect their inventions and google should pay more royalties in terms of bigger share of ad revenue from iPhone users going to Apple.

Hmmm?

Are you not aware that not all Android handsets/smartphones feature actual keyboards and directional pads?

It appears that your limited knowledge of Android (the mobile OS) has lead you to believe that the Motorola DROID (which does have a physical keyboard and a directional pad) is representative of all Android-powered smatrphones/devices, which simply Is Not The Case.

Suggestion: Do A Bit More Research
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #254 of 345
Quote:

You requested the following:

"Can you post a video of these 'superior' netbooks booting up nearly instantly, or specs which show they can play video for 10 hours or browse the internet for 30 hours on a charge?"

Understanding that there's a lot of unwarranted animosity both ways here, I still find that you might do well to educate yourself on the current state of netbooks featuring Intel's N450/470 series processors that DO provide (Linux-based) instant-on operating systems, outstanding battery autonomy, in addition to USB ports, media card readers, web cameras, capacitive touch-screens, multi-touch et al.

Additionally: I also find it rather interesting that you're making all of these claims about what the iPad can do, yet neither you, nor anyone else (for that matter) have actually owned a production model Apple iPad, so where exactly are the FACTS to substantiate your arguments... indeed, to 'Back Up Your Claims'?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #255 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

You requested the following:

"Can you post a video of these 'superior' netbooks booting up nearly instantly, or specs which show they can play video for 10 hours or browse the internet for 30 hours on a charge?"

Understanding that there's a lot of unwarranted animosity both ways here, I still find that you might do well to educate yourself on the current state of netbooks featuring Intel's N450/470 series processors that DO provide (Linux-based) instant-on operating systems, outstanding battery autonomy, in addition to USB ports, media card readers, web cameras, capacitive touch-screens, multi-touch et al.

Additionally: I also find it rather interesting that you're making all of these claims about what the iPad can do, yet neither you, nor anyone else (for that matter) have actually owned a production model Apple iPad, so where exactly are the FACTS to substantiate your arguments... indeed, to 'Back Up Your Claims'?

Really? Instant-on, 10 hours of video playback, and 30 hours of web browsing? From netbooks? I see you also failed to provide links.

Don't you trolls ever visit the Apple site?

http://www.apple.com/ipad/
post #256 of 345
The thing about Motorola's Android phones is that MOTOROLA RESPECT'S APPLE'S PATENTS.

No pinch to zoom and they innovated with the virtual keyboard usingSwype.

American companies often innovate, Taiwanese companies often copy.

"As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness."
Henry David Thoreau

Source

Quote:

Hmmm?

Are you not aware that not all Android handsets/smartphone feature actual keyboards and directional pads?

It appear that your limited knowledge of Android (the mobile OS) has lead you to believe that the Motorola DROID (which does have a physical keyboard and a directional pad) is representative of all Android-powered smatrphones/devices, which simply Is Not The Case.

Suggestion: Do A Bit More Research
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
post #257 of 345
Quote:

Really? Instant-on, 10 hours of video playback, and 30 hours of web browsing? From netbooks? I see you also failed to provide links.

Don't you trolls ever visit the Apple site?

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Personally, I don't really care one way or another, but it is quite interesting that you're making all these demands to prove this or prove that regarding netbooks, yet there's no factual evidence that the production iPad meet these criteria either.

"30 hours of web browsing"... Really?

Battery and power
- Built-in 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
- Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system

Have A Nice Night
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #258 of 345
Quote:

Personally, I don't really care one way or another, but it is quite interesting that you're making all these demands to prove this or prove that regarding netbooks, yet there's no factual evidence that the production iPad meet these criteria either.

"30 hours of web browsing"... Really?

Battery and power
- Built-in 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
- Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system

Have A Nice Night

Ah, one troll defending anther. My bad; 10 hours. Which model netbook has a 10 hour battery?
post #259 of 345
Quote:

Ah, one troll defending anther. My bad; 10 hours. Which model netbook has a 10 hour battery?

The Lenovo S10-3t that I'm typing on right now (as I relax by the pool).

It also has a 10.1 (built-in) mult-touch capacitive touch screen, physical keyboard, Linux-based QuickStart, multi-card reader, video out, spacious hard drive, and numerous other very useful features.

Additionally: It has no difficulty achieving 8 to 10 hours of battery autonomy during a typical workday of web-surfing and document creation.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #260 of 345
Quote:

Best not to feed the trolls, just takes up space and waste your and my time .Another one for my ignore list.
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #261 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineTunes View Post

Best not to feed the trolls, just takes up space and waste your and my time .Another one for my ignore list.

Not everyone with an opinion 'different' than your own is a Troll.

The term Troll is used in here for anyone who the Apple Insider Elite deem unworthy of consideration, and has lost all of its true meaning as a result.

I, personally, own practically every major product that Apple has released in the last 20 (or so) years, and find most of them very well done, but that doesn't mean that everything I post needs to sounds like it was quoted directly from Apple's last KeyNote presentation.

T H I N K ... D I F F E R E N T - Man! I sure miss those days...
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #262 of 345
Quote:

It also has a 10.1 (built-in) mult-touch capacitive touch screen, physical keyboard, Linux-based QuickStart, multi-card reader, video out, spacious hard drive, and numerous other very useful features.

Additionally: It has no difficulty achieving 8 to 10 hours of battery autonomy during a typical workday of web-surfing and document creation.

That's one ugly piece of junk. According to reviews, the standard battery is only good for a little over3 hours, while the upgrade for 7.
Quote:
Unfortunately, this 10.1-inch netvertible's slightly faster CPU has trouble keeping up with the bundled touch apps (which are underwhelming) and the standard 4-cell battery lasts just a little over three hours on a charge. (Make sure you purchase a model with the 8-cell battery, which offers 7 hours of juice.)

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/lapt...ad-s10-3t.aspx

If you don't mind slow, ugly, hard to use cheap computers, then I guess you made a good choice.
post #263 of 345
Quote:

That's one ugly piece of junk. According to reviews, the standard battery is only good for a little over3 hours, while the upgrade for 7.

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/lapt...ad-s10-3t.aspx

If you don't mind slow, ugly, hard to use cheap computers, then I guess you made a good choice.

To each their own... Some require an actual computer, not merely an oversized media player.

"Remember: Your View-Point Is Not The Only Perspective."
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #264 of 345
Quote:

To each their own... Some require an actual computer, not merely an oversized media player.

"Remember: Your View-Point Is Not The Only Perspective."

No one said the iPad would replace a notebook. My MB Pro is a real computer, unlike that 3rd world POS Lenovo.

I can't imagine anyone with any sense of style would find that hunk of plastic attractive.
post #265 of 345
Quote:

Blarg blarg splutter blarg... (snip)

The Ignore List.

The gift that keeps on giving.
Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, not even if I have said it, if it does not agree with your own reason and your own common sense.
Buddha
Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, not even if I have said it, if it does not agree with your own reason and your own common sense.
Buddha
post #266 of 345
Quote:

Wow! A machine that is more than double the weight of and much larger than the iPad should awesome. Of course, it has to be heavier to use such a large 8-cell battery to run that Atom CPU to push Windows 7 which will make this faster processor do every task considerably slower than on the iPad which is designed from the ground up to be ideal for its intended usage.

Then there is the foolishly chosen 16:9 display which is so trendy and marketable these days but makes for poor reading text poor with stubby, 600px high display. I guess if I wanted a portable video player that could also do occasional reading on that would make sense.

It doesn't even use Nvidia Ion, Android OS or an IPS display and starts out considerably more money* than the iPad for the (lol) versions with the 10hr usage claims. Plus, those battery claims are also widely exaggerated for Lenovo, only Apple and Sony offer real world specs.
However, you can buy the s10-3t form online retailers with an 8-cell battery for $499, which in our tests lasted a very good 7:01. Just keep in mind that the battery sticks out a couple of inches and increases the weight from 2.8 pounds to 3.2 pounds. Lenovo may also make this 8-cell battery an option on its own site, but the company could not give us a price. Good luck with pretending you love it. I'm sure you'll hate on the iPad until you buy one, at which point you'll conveniently say that Apple actually listened to it's customers by adding this or that.

* The price for the 4-cell battery version was $549 with an extra $100 for the 8-cell version, but it magically became $499 for the 8-cell version after the iPad was announced. How 'bout them Apples?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #267 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by allblue View Post

The Ignore List.

I guess he/she was lost for words. Added him/her to my list too.
post #268 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

The thing about Motorola's Android phones is that MOTOROLA RESPECT'S APPLE'S PATENTS.

No pinch to zoom and they innovated with the virtual keyboard usingSwype.

American companies often innovate, Taiwanese companies often copy.

"As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness."
Henry David Thoreau

Source

No pinch and zoom from Droid/Milestone?? You sure?

Apple owns multi touch now?? I thought the inventor of multi touch is by a guy called Jeff Han. Apple implemented this technology, but so did Nintendo on their gaming devices, Garmin on GPS, do you see them suing their competitors?

Can you give out some examples on how you come to a conclusion that Taiwanese companies often copy, while Americans innovate?

Before you go on belittling Taiwan, you should realize that without Taiwan, Iphone won't even exist. Iphone's manufacture is Foxconn, a Taiwanese company, which includes hundreds of R&D members working on the Iphone. Even the lenses on the Iphone are designed by Taiwanese company.
post #269 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by backup View Post

Apple owns multi touch now?? I thought the inventor of multi touch is by a guy called Jeff Han. Apple implemented this technology, but so did Nintendo on their gaming devices, Garmin on GPS, do you see them suing their competitors?

Can you give out some examples on how you come to a conclusion that Taiwanese companies often copy, while Americans innovate?

Before you go on belittling Taiwan, you should realize that without Taiwan, Iphone won't even exist. Iphone's manufacture is Foxconn, a Taiwanese company, which includes hundreds of R&D members working on the Iphone. Even the lenses on the Iphone are designed by Taiwanese company.

The (European market only) Milestone has OS-wide multi-touch, the U.S version (the DROID) supports multi-touch via developers who choose to include said feature in their apps.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #270 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

In what way was Steve betrayed by Bill Gates?

Just curious, being unable to think of any instance.

this is one of them here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOp5mBY9IY

also you might want to read the documentation links below to get the answer to your question , which is all right there in the text...

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM...362B533B9.html

good reading..

BitzandBitez
post #271 of 345
It's a good thing the router is close to the pool, slow loading webpages are a b***h!

Quote:
Verdict

The S10-3t does some things right. It's fairly light for a convertible, offers accurate touch input, and it has a comfortable keyboard. And, provided you get the 8-cell battery, youll see 7 hours of unplugged computing time. However, this machines sluggish performance and weak wireless range hold it back. If you want a netbook with touch capability, the S10-3t is worth considering, but this netvertible didn't quite live up to our expectations.

Source

So the screen is lower resolution than the iPad 1024x600 vs 1024x768, how do slow loading webpages and documents look?

Quote:

post #272 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitzandbitez View Post

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM...362B533B9.html

good reading..

Hmm, quoting roughlydrafted and then saying "good reading", that is a bit of an oxymoron...
post #273 of 345
All I know is that the Android phones sold by Motorola in the US are not pushing against Apples patents like HTC's phones are.

The person I was replying to specified the Droid, this isn't about the Milestone.

The BackFlip, Cliq and the new Cliq XT are other Motorola phones that don't have multitouch enabled for the American market.

HTC has often made phones under other brand names and then released almost exactly the same handset under their own brand.

Do you think that contributed to SonyEricsson dumping them after one handset? (X1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by backup View Post

post #274 of 345
Quote:

All I know is that the Android phones sold by Motorola in the US are not pushing against Apples patents like HTC's phones are.

The person I was replying to specified the Droid, this isn't about the Milestone.

The BackFlip, Cliq and the new Cliq XT are other Motorola phones that don't have multitouch enabled for the American market.

HTC has often made phones under other brand names and then released almost exactly the same handset under their own brand.

Do you think that contributed to SonyEricsson dumping them after one handset? (X1)

Milestone is actually not just for the European market, it's for the rest of the world other than NA (Asia).

So basically it is okay for Motorola when they leave the NA market for Apple?
By the way, in the beginning HTC phones uses Windows mobile software, and developes their own interface called Sense? (Their flagship model atleast in Asia, is HTC HD 2)
It is only when HTC starts cooperating with Google is when they start to really go after Apple Iphone patents using Android.)

I believe the reason that Apple is not targeting Motorola is that Motorola's share in smartphone is not as high as HTC. Motorola's basically dead before the release of Droid/Milestone. Once Motorola climbs up the mobile phone market share, they'll become a target for Apple as well.

What phones under other brand names? When you say X1, you probably mean Touch Pro? But how about Touch, Diamond, HD2? What kind of phones are these models mimicking? And when you say dumping them, you sure it's not the other way around where HTC decided to create their own Brand?
post #275 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by allblue View Post

The Ignore List.

If people didn't quote trolls - that would mean something. Worthless feature. Like an iPad "booger cam".

(Btw - I still maintain the reason they left off the camera is because of hospital and govt sales - and the fact I already have a camera on my person with an iPhone - but then I have a hard time empathizing with people who need 5 cameras on their body at all time)
post #276 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofino View Post

i think the success of the iPhone already proves your myth busting argument to be wrong.

Quite the contrary, for many people who adopted the iPhone, it was a phone that did much much more than what their old phones were able to do before. It demonstrates that ease of use and capabilities are not mutually exclusive.

The opposite is true for people who move from laptops to the iPad.
post #277 of 345
Is it?

I'm lying in bed with a MacBook an iPad will easily do what I'm doing now only it will be more comfortable.

I see lots of people struggling with 17' laptops and 10" netbooks.

I don't want to struggle with technology, I just want to use it.

The phone I used before I got an iPhone was a Nokia N82 it had multitasking, a 5MP camera with xenon flash, bluetooth file transfer, secondary camera, Adobe Flash support, lot's of customisation, access to plenty of [STRIKE]pirated[/STRIKE] free applications and most of the bells and whistles that are still being whined about.

I don't miss it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarein View Post

Quite the contrary, for many people who adopted the iPhone, it was a phone that did much much more than what their old phones were able to do before. It demonstrates that ease of use and capabilities are not mutually exclusive.

The opposite is true for people who move from laptops to the iPad.
post #278 of 345
Quote:

Is it?

I'm lying in bed with a MacBook an iPad will easily do what I'm doing now only it will be more comfortable.

Only time will tell just how 'comfortable' the iPad's virtual keyboard will actually be in such a scenario...
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #279 of 345
Quote:

It's a good thing the router is close to the pool, slow loading webpages are a b***h!

Source

So the screen is lower resolution than the iPad 1024x600 vs 1024x768, how do slow loading webpages and documents look?

Web pages/documents look great and load as quickly as on any other 802.11b/g/n device in recent memory, including the 15" MacBook Pro I'm currently typing this on.

Personally, I'll take a true 16:9/1024x600 screen aspect ratio any day over something as archaic as 4:3/1024/768, as I like watching movies I've ripped in widescreen sans ungainly black bars polluting the top and bottom of the display.

If I need to read documents (Zinio/Adobe Air/Kindle/ etc), I simply rotate the device, the accelerometer detects that I only want to see one page at a time, and acts accordingly.

Suggestion: There's really no substitute for actually experiencing a device over time, especially when compared to the word of some reviewer who probably spent all of 45 minutes with the item before writing a review.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #280 of 345
Maybe I should use my Bluetooth one besides I read more than I type.

Quote:

Only time will tell just how 'comfortable' the iPad's virtual keyboard will actually be in such a scenario...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › NYT: Steve Jobs feels Google betrayed Apple by mimicking iPhone