or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Is being 'right-wing' a mental disorder?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is being 'right-wing' a mental disorder? - Page 4

post #121 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It goes against what you were saying because Jesus et al. may have wondered about it and also you are saying it doesn't matter. I think it's highly likely their intrinsically linked and you are saying that they are not linked. How can you be so sure?

They may have. Then again they may not. I think you need to go back and reread what I have written. Because you have not gotten one thing right outside of the fact that I said it was most likely not something they cared about.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #122 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

They may have. Then again they may not. I think you need to go back and reread what I have written. Because you have not gotten one thing right outside of the fact that I said it was most likely not something they cared about.

Wait...there's a problem......

Jesus MUST have thought about it and actually KNOWN the truth about it if he was who you claim he was - ie God.

Because in that case he would be the person who actually made the earth with his own hands!!!!!!??????

Just as he would be the same person who committed the genocides of the Old Testament.

And he would have had the memories of all this.

Luckily though we don't have to deal with those issues because...err...well...they're insane.

Which brings us back on-topic.

Here is why it is important what religious people believe about the age of the earth, why it is relevant to this thread (and why I was right!!) and why you are wrong in saying people of that age did not care:

Because it is all about the development and progression of humanity

Where religion CONTRIBUTES to the progression and deepening of human knowledge it is a key part of our common rational human heritage.

Where it HOLDS IT BACK it is insanity as anything that holds back knowledge and progress is a from of insanity.

Some examples: the Christians who built Notre Dame knew all about the Science of architecture. Contributing to progress.

The Christians that tortured Galileo held it back keeping humanity in the Dark Ages. Insanity.

The Muslims that developed the foundations of Western Science, Medicine and Astronomy formed our present level of technology.
Contributing to progress.

The Muslims that are stopping girls going to school in Afghanistan and blowing up archaeolgical artworks are holding us back. Insanity.

And on.....

So knowing the age of the earth contributes to knowledge and moves up forward. If you think that the Roman Palestinian citizens of that time were not interested I think you project your own mindset. YOU may not be interested in Science and Progress but you are here because they WERE.

What religious fundie today could replicate the great religious discoveries of the past? Could Pat robertson build Notre Dame? I don't think so......

There's a reason for that.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #123 of 139
Stevegmu, you really, genuinely dont know what youre talking about. I mean, you dont know what communism or socialism are. Im not saying this to be provocative, but you really truly dont. If you did you would know that Barack Obama is not a communist.

Ill go through your points one by one.

Quote:
B. Obama has given a speech during the national holiday that is the SuperBowl and during other important events.

So have many other presidents. America is not a socialist nation.

Quote:
He does seem to wear the same suit over and over again.

Get back to me when he starts to wear a military uniform. Pathetic.

Quote:
He has gone after banks, mortgage institutions, health insurance companies, and Wall Street in general.

You are in the worst economic crisis since the Depression. THIS CRISIS STARTED BEFORE THE FUCKING ELECTION. And even so, even despite some of the measures Obama took to PRESERVE PRIVATE CAPITAL:



So now you may have a lie down. It's going to be OK. Barack Obama's is not a communist. America is safe. He's not going to abolish private capital and turn districts into communes. You can actually take the day off and watch some cartoons.

Quote:
You do know GM now stands for Government Motors, correct?

No. It doesnt. You are wrong. It still means 'General Motors'. You can go to the website. Go on. Have a look. I dare you.

Cant be bothered to go on. You do not understand the terms you are using. You do not know what socialism it. Barack Obama is not a socialist.

Take a few deep breaths, read some books, have some camomile tea or something and chill the fuck out.
post #124 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Wait...there's a problem......

Jesus MUST have thought about it and actually KNOWN the truth about it if he was who you claim he was - ie God.

Because in that case he would be the person who actually made the earth with his own hands!!!!!!??????

Just as he would be the same person who committed the genocides of the Old Testament.

And he would have had the memories of all this.

Luckily though we don't have to deal with those issues because...err...well...they're insane.

Which brings us back on-topic.

Here is why it is important what religious people believe about the age of the earth, why it is relevant to this thread (and why I was right!!) and why you are wrong in saying people of that age did not care:

Because it is all about the development and progression of humanity

Where religion CONTRIBUTES to the progression and deepening of human knowledge it is a key part of our common rational human heritage.

Where it HOLDS IT BACK it is insanity as anything that holds back knowledge and progress is a from of insanity.

Some examples: the Christians who built Notre Dame knew all about the Science of architecture. Contributing to progress.

The Christians that tortured Galileo held it back keeping humanity in the Dark Ages. Insanity.

The Muslims that developed the foundations of Western Science, Medicine and Astronomy formed our present level of technology.
Contributing to progress.

The Muslims that are stopping girls going to school in Afghanistan and blowing up archaeolgical artworks are holding us back. Insanity.

And on.....

So knowing the age of the earth contributes to knowledge and moves up forward. If you think that the Roman Palestinian citizens of that time were not interested I think you project your own mindset. YOU may not be interested in Science and Progress but you are here because they WERE.

What religious fundie today could replicate the great religious discoveries of the past? Could Pat robertson build Notre Dame? I don't think so......

There's a reason for that.

very true.

Here's another one to ponder:
3 kings, heads of non-roman states, 2 white 1 black, happily ride around the roman empire for hundreds of miles and at least several weeks. They are never stopped by roman soldiers, they are not kidnapped, killed or crucified. Yeah, that really happened.
Baby Jehova must have given them an invisibility cloak or something so he could have gotten those gifts.

If Jesus lived by the Jewish law and made wine out of water he should have been arrested. Jewish law outlawed the consumption of fermented drink.

God wants us to put loads of CO2 in the air, so one day he can make the oceans into bubbly water.

God made man in his image. He was <infinity> years old at the time. This could explain the bad teeth and the dementia.

God didn't like sex so he used a bone to make (St)Eve.

The Romans had all the technology i.e. execution devices called crosses. Jesus was part of the "third" world. Christians are still fighting to keep the world that way.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #125 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

3 kings, heads of non-roman states, 2 white 1 black, happily ride around the roman empire for hundreds of miles and at least several weeks. They are never stopped by roman soldiers, they are not kidnapped, killed or crucified. Yeah, that really happened..

There are many contradictions in that story - we've discussed here over the years how this is the key evidence for the Bible's fallibility in that it clearly states things which are impossible chronologically and which we know cannot be true from the historical record and cannot therefore be 'the word of God'.

This is my main problem with Christians actually - I believe in God myself so should be 'on the same side' so to speak but these people twist facts...and no belief is worth that dishonesty.

What is religious belief or any spirituality worth if you have to lie and deny the truth to maintain it?

It's exactly the same as two scientists who believe in a certain result but one tries to prove it and one just fakes the evidence.

What should we call such a scientist? Insane is a politeness imo.

Quote:
If Jesus lived by the Jewish law and made wine out of water he should have been arrested. Jewish law outlawed the consumption of fermented drink.

All Rabbis had to be married also. And he was definitely a Rabbi.

Quote:
God wants us to put loads of CO2 in the air, so one day he can make the oceans into bubbly water.

I've always found that one odd....the very people who most believe that 'God made the earth' are mostly the ones who don't care if it gets destroyed and actively try to stop people who want to
point out the dangers.

Again...the term 'insanity' is a politeness

Quote:
God didn't like sex so he used a bone to make (St)Eve.

Very true - again there is more Biblical error here...one place says God created Adam first and then Eve later from his rib (for sex for Adam interestingly)while another passage contradicts this and explicitly states Adam and Eve were created together from dust.

Quote:
The Romans had all the technology i.e. execution devices called crosses. Jesus was part of the "third" world. Christians are still fighting to keep the world that way.

Unfortunately they are succeeding on the home front by the looks of it....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #126 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Wait...there's a problem......

Jesus MUST have thought about it and actually KNOWN the truth about it if he was who you claim he was - ie God.

Because in that case he would be the person who actually made the earth with his own hands!!!!!!??????

Just as he would be the same person who committed the genocides of the Old Testament.

And he would have had the memories of all this.

Luckily though we don't have to deal with those issues because...err...well...they're insane.

Which brings us back on-topic.

Yes back on topic...

Quote:
Here is why it is important what religious people believe about the age of the earth, why it is relevant to this thread (and why I was right!!) and why you are wrong in saying people of that age did not care:

Because it is all about the development and progression of humanity

Where religion CONTRIBUTES to the progression and deepening of human knowledge it is a key part of our common rational human heritage.

Where it HOLDS IT BACK it is insanity as anything that holds back knowledge and progress is a from of insanity.

Some examples: the Christians who built Notre Dame knew all about the Science of architecture. Contributing to progress.

The Christians that tortured Galileo held it back keeping humanity in the Dark Ages. Insanity.

The Muslims that developed the foundations of Western Science, Medicine and Astronomy formed our present level of technology.
Contributing to progress.

The Muslims that are stopping girls going to school in Afghanistan and blowing up archaeolgical artworks are holding us back. Insanity.

And on.....

So knowing the age of the earth contributes to knowledge and moves up forward. If you think that the Roman Palestinian citizens of that time were not interested I think you project your own mindset. YOU may not be interested in Science and Progress but you are here because they WERE.

What religious fundie today could replicate the great religious discoveries of the past? Could Pat robertson build Notre Dame? I don't think so......

There's a reason for that.

Show me the passages in any canonical scriptures (including apocrypha or other scriptures) that prove your point and I will concede that this was foremost on their minds and critical to their spiritual growth and teachings.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #127 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

very true.

Here's another one to ponder:
3 kings, heads of non-roman states, 2 white 1 black, happily ride around the roman empire for hundreds of miles and at least several weeks. They are never stopped by roman soldiers, they are not kidnapped, killed or crucified. Yeah, that really happened.
Baby Jehova must have given them an invisibility cloak or something so he could have gotten those gifts.

Stranger things have happened.

Quote:
If Jesus lived by the Jewish law and made wine out of water he should have been arrested. Jewish law outlawed the consumption of fermented drink.

Wine does not necessarily mean fermented drink. Look it up.

Quote:
God wants us to put loads of CO2 in the air, so one day he can make the oceans into bubbly water.

Now you are making things up.

Quote:
God made man in his image. He was <infinity> years old at the time. This could explain the bad teeth and the dementia.

Running off the rails here.

Quote:
God didn't like sex so he used a bone to make (St)Eve.

We have a trainwreck...

Quote:
The Romans had all the technology i.e. execution devices called crosses. Jesus was part of the "third" world. Christians are still fighting to keep the world that way.

Yes, due to the crosses Romans were obviously very high tech. Not only could they execute you in the most painful ways possible, but during the day they could also tell what time it was by the shadow on the ground...
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #128 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Show me the passages in any canonical scriptures (including apocrypha or other scriptures) that prove your point and I will concede that this was foremost on their minds and critical to their spiritual growth and teachings.

I don't have to...

All you need to do is to look through history and make two lists:

1) Technological advancements stemming from religion

2) Prevention of advancement and knowledge stemming from religion.

You will find that List One comprises many of the things that make Society as advanced as it is.

And you will find that List 2 comprises virtually all the things that drags Society back and hinders growth and development in all areas of life.

The casual observer will also note that it is very easy to ascribe individual religious people as well as types of belief to either category.

Robertson and US Fundie Xianity would go into group 2 for example along with Torquemada, the Pope and the monstrous legion of pervert priests that are currently running amok.

The fact that you eulogize Christ for something he was not and yet STILL seem to want to lump him into Group 2: the category of retards who range from the merely Neanderthal to the quite possibly demon-possessed or literally evil is puzzling...

I would comment but I find it chilling and don't want to think about it.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #129 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I don't have to...

All you need to do is to look through history and make two lists:

1) Technological advancements stemming from religion

2) Prevention of advancement and knowledge stemming from religion.

You will find that List One comprises many of the things that make Society as advanced as it is.

And you will find that List 2 comprises virtually all the things that drags Society back and hinders growth and development in all areas of life.

The casual observer will also note that it is very easy to ascribe individual religious people as well as types of belief to either category.

Robertson and US Fundie Xianity would go into group 2 for example along with Torquemada, the Pope and the monstrous legion of pervert priests that are currently running amok.

The fact that you eulogize Christ for something he was not and yet STILL seem to want to lump him into Group 2: the category of retards who range from the merely Neanderthal to the quite possibly demon-possessed or literally evil is puzzling...

I would comment but I find it chilling and don't want to think about it.

I disagree with your arbitrary lumping of my argument in with your thought process. A religion or religious system is not successful based on its technological advancements first of all. And second of all, my point has NOTHING to do with the argument you are making.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #130 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

I disagree with your arbitrary lumping of my argument in with your thought process. A religion or religious system is not successful based on its technological advancements first of all. And second of all, my point has NOTHING to do with the argument you are making.

None of your points have any relevance to the thread in any circumstances (or much else actually) so as they bear every relevance to the thread we ARE discussing and as I started it we'll go with my points ok...besides, they sound better!

To any other stragglers who are having trouble keeping up:

1) The discussion is "Is right-wing thought a form of insanity?"

2) We've shaded off into 'stupidity" to be more polite (Thanks Fellows)

3) We've started discussing 'Xianity' (as opposed to the teaching of the historical Jesus Christ - which are pretty much the opposite thing) as it relates to the aforementioned 'Right-wing' insanit...err...silliness.

4) We've arrived at the point where we see the following:

SOME religion is not insane or stupid at all....in fact it FURTHERS the knowledge and advancement of humanity (hoorah!)

BUT

SOME religion actively tries to eradicate advancement, to drag us back, to spread stupidity and keep people believing insane and stupid things (boooooo!)

5) Some posters have tried to imply that the second of these is the 'only truth' and that all the rest doesn't matter, that the earth being 4000 years old is sane and rational and true and that BIG GOD is a member of this second group that wants us all back in the Dark Ages...

That's where we are in our discussion of insane ideas.

Now read on......
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #131 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

None of your points have any relevance to the thread in any circumstances (or much else actually) so as they bear every relevance to the thread we ARE discussing and as I started it we'll go with my points ok...besides, they sound better!

No, not ok.

Quote:
To any other stragglers who are having trouble keeping up:

1) The discussion is "Is right-wing thought a form of insanity?"

2) We've shaded off into 'stupidity" to be more polite (Thanks Fellows)

More polite? Hardly, read on for why...

Quote:
3) We've started discussing 'Xianity' (as opposed to the teaching of the historical Jesus Christ - which are pretty much the opposite thing) as it relates to the aforementioned 'Right-wing' insanit...err...silliness.

4) We've arrived at the point where we see the following:

SOME religion is not insane or stupid at all....in fact it FURTHERS the knowledge and advancement of humanity (hoorah!)

BUT

SOME religion actively tries to eradicate advancement, to drag us back, to spread stupidity and keep people believing insane and stupid things (boooooo!)

You have not had any discussion here. It has been you making assertions, ignoring what anyone else who differs from you thinks and disparaging their remarks, steamrolling the conversation and ignoring their points.

Quote:
5) Some posters have tried to imply that the second of these is the 'only truth' and that all the rest doesn't matter, that the earth being 4000 years old is sane and rational and true and that BIG GOD is a member of this second group that wants us all back in the Dark Ages...

That's where we are in our discussion of insane ideas.

Now read on......

Also not true. But you can go on believing whatever you like. Obviously insanity's definition around here is expecting you to carry on a conversation without condescending people. If you are ready to actually address what I have written and not your anemic interpretation of it that is fine otherwise I am done.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #132 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

If you are ready to actually address what I have written and not your anemic interpretation of it that is fine otherwise I am done.

Ok..let's make a new start

Could you re-state your point so that I could address it please? Seems there is some confusion..
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #133 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Ok..let's make a new start

Could you re-state your point so that I could address it please? Seems there is some confusion..

From one of my previous replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

I did not say it did not matter to someone. I did say that the age of the earth would not affect a persons soul. Whether a person actually believes they have a soul or not is not critical. Substitute "It does not matter to a persons spiritual well-being" in the phrase instead.

That is the basic point of what I was saying. Whether Jesus or Paul or any other spiritual leaders of the day actually believed the world was 600 years or 600,000 or any other arbitrary age you can throw out there is not the point of my topic. Nor was it their main concern or anywhere in their teachings that I can find. It was a simple response to a question that Sammi Jo asked, and was completely overblown by the people who replied afterwords. You still think this is worth throwing out the baby with the bath?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #134 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

From one of my previous replies:

That is the basic point of what I was saying. Whether Jesus or Paul or any other spiritual leaders of the day actually believed the world was 600 years or 600,000 or any other arbitrary age you can throw out there is not the point of my topic. Nor was it their main concern or anywhere in their teachings that I can find. It was a simple response to a question that Sammi Jo asked, and was completely overblown by the people who replied afterwords. You still think this is worth throwing out the baby with the bath?

Ok, firstly - this is off-topic: the point is that Christians today DO believe this and that to THEM it is of PARAMOUNT importance.

So that again interfaces with the subject under discussion re insane beliefs - because it IS an insane belief.

But what you are saying merely boils down to the same thing I am: Jesus did not hold insane beliefs. Many of his so-called followers do.

That is my position exactly. You don't seem to make the connection though.

Another point: your argument that there is no evidence for it being a concern for Jesus & Co is invalid and irrational in this context.

You will not find such evidence for many beliefs on their part.... there is no evidence that they opposed abortion for example. It's picking and choosing again.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #135 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Ok, firstly - this is off-topic: the point is that Christians today DO believe this and that to THEM it is of PARAMOUNT importance.

So that again interfaces with the subject under discussion re insane beliefs - because it IS an insane belief.

But what you are saying merely boils down to the same thing I am: Jesus did not hold insane beliefs. Many of his so-called followers do.

That is my position exactly. You don't seem to make the connection though.

Another point: your argument that there is no evidence for it being a concern for Jesus & Co is invalid and irrational in this context.

You will not find such evidence for many beliefs on their part.... there is no evidence that they opposed abortion for example. It's picking and choosing again.

Well, you are addressing me as if I hold those beliefs. This is not the case. As I stated, this was not my question, Sammi Jo asked any Christians to reply, so I did. Sounds like your lather is better spent on someone else. I will assume any further froth is not directed at myself. Cool?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #136 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Well, you are addressing me as if I hold those beliefs. This is not the case. As I stated, this was not my question, Sammi Jo asked any Christians to reply, so I did. Sounds like your lather is better spent on someone else. I will assume any further froth is not directed at myself. Cool?

None of it has been directed at you actually...it's been directed at the sort of 'Christians' who I've been describing so yeah...always been cool..no change.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #137 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Ok, firstly - this is off-topic: the point is that Christians today DO believe this and that to THEM it is of PARAMOUNT importance.

So that again interfaces with the subject under discussion re insane beliefs - because it IS an insane belief.

But what you are saying merely boils down to the same thing I am: Jesus did not hold insane beliefs. Many of his so-called followers do.

That is my position exactly. You don't seem to make the connection though.

Another point: your argument that there is no evidence for it being a concern for Jesus & Co is invalid and irrational in this context.

You will not find such evidence for many beliefs on their part.... there is no evidence that they opposed abortion for example. It's picking and choosing again.

Again very well put, segovius. vene vidi vice.

If you really want to be a Christian, don't follow Jesus, be Jesus.
But mommy, that would be hard...
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #138 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

Again very well put, segovius. vene vidi vice.

If you really want to be a Christian, don't follow Jesus, be Jesus.
But mommy, that would be hard...

Yeah...much easier to twist the teachings and his life so they mirror your own and then you don't have to make any effort at all...

Sad in a way.... \
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #139 of 139
A new Harris poll from 2,230 people, just out-

*67 percent of Republicans (and 40 percent of Americans overall) believe that Obama is a socialist.

*57 percent of Republicans (32 percent overall) believe that Obama is a Muslim

*45 percent of Republicans (25 percent overall) agree with the Birthers in their belief that Obama was "not born in the United States and so is not eligible to be president"

*38 percent of Republicans (20 percent overall) say that Obama is "doing many of the things that Hitler did"

*Scariest of all, 24 percent of Republicans (14 percent overall) say that Obama "may be the Antichrist."
~ http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...ll/?cid=hp:exc
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Is being 'right-wing' a mental disorder?