or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple's iPad secrecy leaves many developers handicapped

Apple's iPad secrecy leaves many developers handicapped - Page 3

post #81 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

He thinks that move will make him look less trollish?

I don't think he's looking to look less trollish, I think in his mind fielding an insipid, over the top fan boy character will either get other people to agree (which exposes them as insipid fan boys) or just go unremarked (which exposes us as idiots).

Or something. iGenius pretty clearly has some issues with the idea that Apple's customers might go about their business while enjoying their purchases and failing to be mocked.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #82 of 85
And I see the mods identified the IP as being the same, banned. Hope he finds some more positive outlets.
post #83 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

And I see the mods identified the IP as being the same, banned. Hope he finds some more positive outlets.

Doubtful. I bet he uses a VPN now and my ignore list will continue to grow.
post #84 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Doubtful. I bet he uses a VPN now and my ignore list will continue to grow.

Maybe we could go to some kind of ranking thing like some other sites. There really seem to be an inordinate number of posters who are purely here to troll and mock.

As I always say, have no problem with people taking Apple to task, God knows they frequently deserve it. But it really isn't that hard to distinguish between engaged, informed people who think Apple is doing something wrong and people whose every post is a taunt or provocation.

Sure, there will be some edge cases and gray areas, but err on the side of inclusion. We're not talking about going crazy and banning anyone who dares say a single world bad about Apple.

I think I've mentioned it, but a pretty good test would be to review, say, the first 20 or posts of a new member. If they are all or mostly trollish, probably not a good addition.

I shudder to think what vile character iGenius might dream up next, if he decides to pursue this (and you're right, he probably will as he seems to be a tad obsessed). Fake persona trolling is particularly pernicious, although frankly iGenius doesn't seem smart enough to do it really well.
post #85 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Maybe we could go to some kind of ranking thing like some other sites. There really seem to be an inordinate number of posters who are purely here to troll and mock.

I think most of "them" are the same disturbed individual: TekStud (in all variations of spelling), iGenius, iLuv, Woohoo!, AngusYoung, and I'm sure there are some other aliases I haven't mentioned. The posting content, intent and style are all pretty much the same for all of these. He probably has access to a handful of IPs so that they aren't all from the same. Obviously, there are a few other trolls that aren't tekstud, but many of these are so similar in their posting that it seems unlikely AI has attracted so many with the same pathology.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple's iPad secrecy leaves many developers handicapped