or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple begins accepting iPad apps on the App Store
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple begins accepting iPad apps on the App Store - Page 2

post #41 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHSTUD View Post

And what are you then?

At the very least... minimally observant.
post #42 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

I'm not a developer nor do I plan to be.

Before the App Store opened, any developer could test their iPhone apps on an iPhone. Sure, it wasn't the iPhone 3G but it was hardware that gave them a good idea of how their app would feel.

Obviously Apple can't send every developer an iPad or even do one of those tours where they go around the country letting developers try out the iPad. Totally understandable.

An alternative would be to delay iPad app approvals a week or so. This would limit the selection of day one apps to those that ship on the iPad but it would also mean the apps released—at least some of them—would be tested in more than just the simulator.

This likely won't be an issue a month after launch but in the first few weeks, it could taint users' opinions of iPad apps. Hopefully Apple's app reviewers will test these apps on the iPad.

Fortunately, third party apps aren't as important for the iPad as they are on the iPhone/iPod touch because many of the most popular iPhone apps are those that optimize web content for its small 3.5" screen. The iPad's much larger 9.7" screen means those apps aren't as necessary anymore because you can browse the Web without constant zooming in/panning/zooming out.

I predict the big system seller for the iPad will be its web browser. It was for me.


All of the developers use the SDK. It has a device simulator within it. It puts a full size ipad on your display (if you have a big enough screen) on which you run and fully interact with your application. Yes, having physical devices to beta test on makes things easier but until then the simulator does a good job.


I am buying an ipad on the strength of experience using the ipad in the simulator alone.
post #43 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygenhose View Post

At the very least... minimally observant.

Hahaha!
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #44 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

I'd actually prefer Apple delay iPad app approvals for a week or two post-launch. That would at least give developers a chance to test on real world hardware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

I'm not a developer nor do I plan to be.

Before the App Store opened, any developer could test their iPhone apps on an iPhone. Sure, it wasn't the iPhone 3G but it was hardware that gave them a good idea of how their app would feel.

Obviously Apple can't send every developer an iPad or even do one of those tours where they go around the country letting developers try out the iPad. Totally understandable.

An alternative would be to delay iPad app approvals a week or so. This would limit the selection of day one apps to those that ship on the iPad but it would also mean the apps released—at least some of them—would be tested in more than just the simulator.

This likely won't be an issue a month after launch but in the first few weeks, it could taint users' opinions of iPad apps. Hopefully Apple's app reviewers will test these apps on the iPad.

Fortunately, third party apps aren't as important for the iPad as they are on the iPhone/iPod touch because many of the most popular iPhone apps are those that optimize web content for its small 3.5" screen. The iPad's much larger 9.7" screen means those apps aren't as necessary anymore because you can browse the Web without constant zooming in/panning/zooming out.

I predict the big system seller for the iPad will be its web browser. It was for me.


I expect the apps submitted by the select group of developers given iPads to be good but I don't know about the rest. It's exciting both for us users and developers nonetheless.

Are you forgetting or ignoring that all of the apps submitted and approved for April 3rd will be tested on multiple iPads, by qualified iPad handlers, inside Apple?

No that doesn't replace the intermittent testing that should go on during development, but let's be honest, most Apps are simple enough to just follow the cookie cutter code, use the right interface elements, and they'll just work. The ones that DO just work, will get the thumbs up from Apple by the end of next week, and be tweaked and re-submitted for final approval and launch.
post #45 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHSTUD View Post

And what are you then?

He is stubborn.
You are negative.
post #46 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Between tekstud blatantly flaunting his ban and marvin the moderator spreading FUD about the iPad (the iPad has mobile phone level hardware and therefore won't be useful for artists looking for serious sketching/designing/layout/painting here) I'm starting to wonder what is up with this forum and what the heck the real admins are thinking.

Agree very much, I do.
post #47 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Between tekstud blatantly flaunting his ban and marvin the moderator spreading FUD about the iPad (the iPad has mobile phone level hardware and therefore won't be useful for artists looking for serious sketching/designing/layout/painting here) I'm starting to wonder what is up with this forum and what the heck the real admins are thinking.

The frequency of trolldom has really lowered the level of discussion around here. It's unfortunate. It makes me wonder why so many Apple loathers hang around Mac/Apple discussion sites.
At least the political BS is low.
Macintosh: It just WORKS!
Reply
Macintosh: It just WORKS!
Reply
post #48 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffharris View Post

The frequency of trolldom has really lowered the level of discussion around here. It's unfortunate. It makes me wonder why so many Apple loathers hang around Mac/Apple discussion sites.
At least the political BS is low.

It's no better elsewhere. MacRumors is crawling with them. Unfortunately, they seem to want Mac/OS X's stability and feature set, but want the rest to be a Windows-like experience and can't seem to understand why it can't work that way.
post #49 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

It's no better elsewhere. MacRumors is crawling with them. Unfortunately, they seem to want Mac/OS X's stability and feature set, but want the rest to be a Windows-like experience and can't seem to understand why it can't work that way.

So true!
Macintosh: It just WORKS!
Reply
Macintosh: It just WORKS!
Reply
post #50 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

He is stubborn.
You are negative.

Hahaha!

Add "opinionatedly" before stubborn and add "repetitively" before negative
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #51 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

It's no better elsewhere. MacRumors is crawling with them. Unfortunately, they seem to want Mac/OS X's stability and feature set, but want the rest to be a Windows-like experience and can't seem to understand why it can't work that way.

Do the freaking MacRumors MODS spread FUD about Apple products? It's getting very silly around here.
post #52 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHSTUD

And what are you then? .

I can be negative like the next person, but I can also be positive, unlike is possible for you.

Also Ireland is about a dozen times smarter and can write full sentences. That counts for a lot, emotional disposition aside. Nobody likes an angry dumbass.
post #53 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Also Ireland is about a dozen times smarter and can write full sentences. That counts for a lot, emotional disposition aside. Nobody likes an angry dumbass.

And never forget: Ireland hung tough for a tablet, for years, and then when it finally arrived but turned out not to be what he had in mind, he evaluated it on its own merits rather than dismiss it as "wrong." Which actually counts for a lot, in my book.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #54 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

And never forget: Ireland hung tough for a tablet, for years, and then when it finally arrived but turned out not to be what he had in mind, he evaluated it on its own merits rather than dismiss it as "wrong." Which actually counts for a lot, in my book.

Seconded.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #55 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

And never forget: Ireland hung tough for a tablet, for years, and then when it finally arrived but turned out not to be what he had in mind, he evaluated it on its own merits rather than dismiss it as "wrong." Which actually counts for a lot, in my book.

Ditto
MacBook Pro 17" Glossy 2.93GHz, iPad 64GB, iPhone 4 16GB, and a lot of other assorted goodies.

If you're a troll and you have been slain. Don't be a Zombie.
Reply
MacBook Pro 17" Glossy 2.93GHz, iPad 64GB, iPhone 4 16GB, and a lot of other assorted goodies.

If you're a troll and you have been slain. Don't be a Zombie.
Reply
post #56 of 77
Same IP as iGenius. Permanent ban.
post #57 of 77
Question?: will Apple release any unknown homegrown apps on April 3rd? So far they'll be releasing themselves:

iBooks
Keynote
Pages
Numbers
???

Will there be a new Remote app for iTunes, like they debuted when the App store opened?
Anything we haven't thought of?
post #58 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Question?: will Apple release any unknown homegrown apps on April 3rd? So far they'll be releasing themselves:

iBooks
Keynote
Pages
Numbers
???

Will there be a new Remote app for iTunes, like they debuted when the App store opened?
Anything we haven't thought of?

Good question. Obviously you can use the iPhone/Touch versions of the current apps but making them Universal so they look and feel right on the iPad would be nice. Perhaps we'll know if they're updated just before the iPad release. I'm sure this opens up the door for more apps from Apple but I can't think of any at the moment.

List of Apple's App Store apps:
  1. Keynote Remote
  2. MobileMe Disk
  3. MobileMe Gallery
  4. Remote
  5. Texas Hold'em
Texas Hold'em might only need a couple minor changes due to scaling but otherwise still ideal for the iPad. Remote is only one I can see really benefiting from a completely redesigned iPad version that isn't integrated into another app. The three others likely could (and possibly should) be integrated into their respective apps instead of being separate.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #59 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Good question. Obviously you can use the iPhone/Touch versions of the current apps but making them Universal so they look and feel right on the iPad would be nice. Perhaps we'll know if they're updated just before the iPad release. I'm sure this opens up the door for more apps from Apple but I can't think of any at the moment.

List of Apple's App Store apps:
  1. Keynote Remote
  2. MobileMe Disk
  3. MobileMe Gallery
  4. Remote
  5. Texas Hold'em
Texas Hold'em might only need a couple minor changes due to scaling but otherwise still ideal for the iPad. Remote is only one I can see really benefiting from a completely redesigned iPad version that isn't integrated into another app. The three others likely could (and possibly should) be integrated into their respective apps instead of being separate.

This is a bit of wishful thinking on my part but I wish Apple would allow the Remote app to play your music from your itunes library right on the iPad. The Remote app already knows you are on the network. I would think it wouldn't be hard to play music on the iPad as a client of the network. That could save me from having to load my music on the iPad. I could save some of my precious Gb.
post #60 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCourious View Post

This is a bit of wishful thinking on my part but I wish Apple would allow the Remote app to play your music from your itunes library right on the iPad. The Remote app already knows you are on the network. I would think it wouldn't be hard to play music on the iPad as a client of the network. That could save me from having to load my music on the iPad. I could save some of my precious Gb.

I don't think that is too farfetched. Despite the popularity the iPad will have over every other tablet ever created it's still a device category that has much limited user interest than a smartphone or a PC. It also has limited storage and likely to be used in the home on a LAN. Because of these things, I'd think that allowing streaming from a local iTunes account Ã* la the AppleTV would be very likely.

You can already stream media from your iDisk account with ease, even over 3G, so all they really have to do is add the Sharing aspect of iTunes to the iPod app. I wouldn't be surprised if this was also part of the iPhone/Touch iPod app for v4.0.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #61 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Are you forgetting or ignoring that all of the apps submitted and approved for April 3rd will be tested on multiple iPads, by qualified iPad handlers, inside Apple?

No that doesn't replace the intermittent testing that should go on during development, but let's be honest, most Apps are simple enough to just follow the cookie cutter code, use the right interface elements, and they'll just work. The ones that DO just work, will get the thumbs up from Apple by the end of next week, and be tweaked and re-submitted for final approval and launch.

I think most people responding to my comments in this thread are taking my argument a bit too seriously. This isn't a big deal. It's a 'small deal' but an avoidable one.

Apps don't either work or not work. Most apps work. It's how well an app works that matters to users. I question whether Apple's app reviewers will block apps based on performance because only the developer knows how they want it to perform. And if the app reviewers do reject apps based on performance on real hardware, there's not much developers can do until they have hardware of their own.

Someone else argued that my suggestion to simply delay third party iPad apps a week or two would be "bad for business." Well, which is really worse: 1) users having to wait a week or two to download iPad-optimized apps or 2) getting to download potentially poorly-optimized apps that have only been tested in a simulator?

I think the latter is less desirable than the former. Apple surely doesn't want the same negative stigma the original iPhone App Store received in its first weeks, which was "there sure are a lot of flashlight apps."

Again, though, not a big deal.
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
post #62 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

Someone else argued that my suggestion to simply delay third party iPad apps a week or two would be "bad for business." Well, which is really worse: 1) users having to wait a week or two to download iPad-optimized apps or 2) getting to download potentially poorly-optimized apps that have only been tested in a simulator?

I disagree. Part of the appeal of the iPad is having your current App Store apps work on the iPad, and another part is having an App Store for the iPad-specific apps. Some apps will have problems, but this is always the case with new code, regardless of having the HW over a simulator. Either way we're going to see a lot of app updates released very quickly once the issues come flying in and devs work to offer the best experience they can. If you, as a dev, feel that a simulator isn't enough to test your app then you can hold back April 3rd so you can test your app more throughly, but as a consumer I'd like to have 3rd-party apps available on launch day.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #63 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I disagree. Part of the appeal of the iPad is having your current App Store apps work on the iPad, and another part is having an App Store for the iPad-specific apps. Some apps will have problems, but this is always the case with new code, regardless of having the HW over a simulator. Either way we're going to see a lot of app updates released very quickly once the issues come flying in and devs work to offer the best experience they can. If you, as a dev, feel that a simulator isn't enough to test your app then you can hold back April 3rd so you can test your app more throughly, but as a consumer I'd like to have 3rd-party apps available on launch day.

I understand the need to have apps available on launch day. But if I was a developer creating an iPad specific app and I took a chance and submitted my app to the store before I could test it on a device, then I run the risk of missing something that only a real device could show. Once you get one of those stupid 'This app sucks' comments for all your hard work, it's difficult to get it off the review system for your app.

I wish Apple would allow developers a chance to reply to people who throw up negative reviews. Under the current system, there is no way to fight such a comment. So, if I spent the last two months working night and day to make the greatest app the world has ever seen, is it worth taking a chance to submit my app based on just the simulator? Or should I wait until I can get my hands on an actual iPad to test with to make sure an unforeseen bug wasn't hiding in the code? Its a difficult decision every developer should ask himself before submitting his app for display.
post #64 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCourious View Post

I understand the need to have apps available on launch day. But if I was a developer creating an iPad specific app and I took a chance and submitted my app to the store before I could test it on a device, then I run the risk of missing something that only a real device could show. Once you get one of those stupid 'This app sucks' comments for all your hard work, it's difficult to get it off the review system for your app.

I certainly understand that there is an inherent risk involved, but I am sure that after having the iPhone OS and iPhone OS SDK for so long that those risks do not outweigh the benefit in most cases. There will some apps that do rely on hardware, like 3G and/or GPS, that simply shouldn't be released before getting an iPad in hand for testing. This is up to the dev to decide if they want to take that chance but, again, I'd say these are the exception to the rule.

Quote:
I wish Apple would allow developers a chance to reply to people who throw up negative reviews. Under the current system, there is no way to fight such a comment. So, if I spent the last two months working night and day to make the greatest app the world has ever seen, is it worth taking a chance to submit my app based on just the simulator? Or should I wait until I can get my hands on an actual iPad to test with to make sure an unforeseen bug wasn't hiding in the code? Its a difficult decision every developer should ask himself before submitting his app for display.

It would be nice to have a better rating system (I'd also like one for AI forum). I quite like how Engadget ranking of comments will continually lighten the font colour of the trollish posts. The downfall of that is "mob mentality" killing valid and intelligent comments that aren't understood by the masses. I don't think there will ever be a great method for comments and ratings. There are just too many variables to consider. If you have a better idea I say patent it immediately.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #65 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLuv View Post

Same IP as iGenius. Permanent ban.

Man, I'm glad I got that right. I was going to feel pretty bad if it turned out the iLuv was, um, a "special" Mac user.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #66 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Man, I'm glad I got that right. I was going to feel pretty bad if it turned out the iLuv was, um, a "special" Mac user.

You'd think he would have used a free VPN. I wouldn't have expected certain posters to think of that but I figured iGenius smart enough to go that route.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #67 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

You'd think he would have used a free VPN. I wouldn't have expected certain posters to think of that but I figured iGenius smart enough to go that route.

Yeah, I think assuming the objects of your contempt are morons makes you lazy.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #68 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It would be nice to have a better rating system (I'd also like one for AI forum). I quite like how Engadget ranking of comments will continually lighten the font colour of the trollish posts. The downfall of that is "mob mentality" killing valid and intelligent comments that aren't understood by the masses. I don't think there will ever be a great method for comments and ratings. There are just too many variables to consider. If you have a better idea I say patent it immediately.

If I was in charge of the rating system, I would try something like this even though it would be a lot of work for Apple to implement. Scenario: I submit a 1 star rating and in my comments I say "This app sucks". The rating system doesn't publish email addresses of the person submitting the rating. So this is where Apple would have to step in as a middleman. If the developer wanted to respond to this person, they could submit a question to the reviewer through Apple. Apple would relay the developer's comment to the reviewer. This keeps both the developer's and the reviewer's email address a secret. They could go back and forth on this until they resolved their differences.

In the app store, Apple could put a small sign in the corner of the reviewer's original review telling other people there was more communication between the reviewer and the developer (How about something like "more comments"). Then other people could read the back and forth and judge for themselves just how responsive the developer was or just how sincere the reviewer was. Plus if a reviewer knows the developer would have a chance to contact them, they may be reluctant to post a negative review unless they truly believe they were on to something.

I know Apple wouldn't want to keep such a back and forth going on forever. Maybe they could limit it to 4 responses in total. If the developer wanted to take it further, he could ask the reviewer to continue with his company's email address. I agree it would be a lot of work to do something like this. But there has got to be something done about people posting negative comments without the developer having a chance to respond.
post #69 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Also Ireland is about a dozen times smarter and can write full sentences. That counts for a lot, emotional disposition aside. Nobody likes an angry dumbass.

I am so sorry for all these diversions away from topic.. all started and re-started by the same person - Techstud. Each time he says something it is to turn attention to himself and he feeds on it when all these responses come forth. Why oh why does anyone respond to such garbage is my question. Is it not possible to completely ignore comments like the Flash blab nonsense?

I was reading another blog yesterday and found less substance when there was some needed, but no negative commentary that seems to now plague this site. That is really too bad. I love reading guys like Dick Applebaum. or Solis.. and about 20 others that are SO interesting to follow through the many changes going on at APPLE..

what we have here is a person who is chemically*dependent .. his drug of choice is being negative.. his illness is in his head and nobody here can help him. He needs professional help. It would be good if he could go get some help - but in the mean time, feeding his illness by responding to such foolish commentary is just going to make him more ill. Surely anyone who has had a friend or family member who is mentally ill will understand. For the rest of you, please consider not making him worse by feeding his illness with a response.
post #70 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmann View Post


I was reading another blog yesterday and found less substance when there was some needed, but no negative commentary that seems to now plague this site. That is really too bad. I love reading guys like Dick Applebaum. or Solis.. and about 20 others that are SO interesting to follow through the many changes going on at APPLE..

what we have here is a person who is chemically*dependent .. his drug of choice is being negative.. his illness is in his head and nobody here can help him. He needs professional help. It would be good if he could go get some help - but in the mean time, feeding his illness by responding to such foolish commentary is just going to make him more ill. Surely anyone who has had a friend or family member who is mentally ill will understand. For the rest of you, please consider not making him worse by feeding his illness with a response.

Stay away from MacRumors, then. It's Belly-Achers Central. It's as if they're dying to see one suitably negative story about Apple so they can jump up and down, screaming "See? we were right all this time!" Except it isn't happening. Yet, it takes nary more than a few posts about positive Apple news for the trolls to show up. Makes no sense, but there you have it.
post #71 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I disagree. Part of the appeal of the iPad is having your current App Store apps work on the iPad, and another part is having an App Store for the iPad-specific apps. Some apps will have problems, but this is always the case with new code, regardless of having the HW over a simulator. Either way we're going to see a lot of app updates released very quickly once the issues come flying in and devs work to offer the best experience they can. If you, as a dev, feel that a simulator isn't enough to test your app then you can hold back April 3rd so you can test your app more throughly, but as a consumer I'd like to have 3rd-party apps available on launch day.

Yeah, I wasn't arguing that iPhone apps shouldn't be able to run on the iPad day-one, just iPad-specific apps.

This is mainly because 1) people already have preconceived notions about third-party iPhone apps/the App Store and 2) I suspect after people run their iPhone apps pixel-doubled on the iPad, they'll say "eh" and go back to using Apple's bundled apps (there will surely be some iPhone apps that work well enough on iPad but many are simply best for use on its smaller siblings, the iPhone and iPod touch).

People don't yet have preconceived notions about third-party iPad apps, however, so I wish developers could at least have the chance to try their apps on hardware before the iPad App Store opens.

…But yeah, even with a week or two delay, there will still be poorly designed iPad apps just as there are poorly designed apps on any platform. In a few weeks following the iPad's launch, many developers will likely have sent in updates to fix the problems they didn't encounter in the simulator. At least developers with apps worth keeping.
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
post #72 of 77
As a developer I would not be comfortable releasing an app without testing it on the hardware myself.

It's not good enough for some scrub at Apple to test it, it's my reputation at stake not his.
post #73 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

He is stubborn.
You are negative.

Disagreeing with any Apple decision makes you negative? Is that part of the "program"?
post #74 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmann View Post

I am so sorry for all these diversions away from topic.. all started and re-started by the same person - Techstud. Each time he says something it is to turn attention to himself and he feeds on it when all these responses come forth. Why oh why does anyone respond to such garbage is my question. Is it not possible to completely ignore comments like the Flash blab nonsense?

I was reading another blog yesterday and found less substance when there was some needed, but no negative commentary that seems to now plague this site. That is really too bad. I love reading guys like Dick Applebaum. or Solis.. and about 20 others that are SO interesting to follow through the many changes going on at APPLE..

what we have here is a person who is chemically*dependent .. his drug of choice is being negative.. his illness is in his head and nobody here can help him. He needs professional help. It would be good if he could go get some help - but in the mean time, feeding his illness by responding to such foolish commentary is just going to make him more ill. Surely anyone who has had a friend or family member who is mentally ill will understand. For the rest of you, please consider not making him worse by feeding his illness with a response.

If there was ever a comment that would feed his negativity it's this one.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #75 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHSTUD View Post

Disagreeing with any Apple decision makes you negative?

No. But disagree with every Apple choice probably does make you negative. Anyway, weather you agree or disagree with anything they do your disposition or attitude is always basically negative round here. The glass isn't just half empty with you--it's half empty and too expensive and doesn't run Flash.

I disagree with lots of stuff Apple does, but it has never turned me into a bitching moaner. And yes, before you say anything in response to that point I do think you're a moaner. You often contradict yourself in the same thread, often. You like to keep the negative going. I have been wrong round here on several things in the past and I've admitted it when pointed out to me, I've even apologized for some stuff. Did you ever once apologize when you were wrong? Did you ever once even admit you were wrong about something round here? You simply contradict yourself and you have done so blatantly and straight up lied about doing it when it was written in text for all to see. And sometimes you even go back to edit it out when you are called on it. You need to change dude, see the brighter side. Take a walk in the park, take a break, go drink some water and do some thinking or something.

The funny thing is how wrong you think we all are about you when it's so obvious. Yes there are fanboys round here who would kiss Jobs' feet, and I don't like that either. But I don't take it personally like you do. You think we're all that way, cause we're not as negative as you are. You think when we point something out to you we're all simply "wrong". When it comes to a stage where "everyone" is saying something about you chances are it's actually true--you know. Regardless of the fact that some people in that group may be over zealous fanboys.

I simply say the truth: You're negative. And you're response it so say: "and what does that make you?"

Quit being so defensive and childish.

You're negative, you are. Everyone is agreeing with this point because it's true--you are. No matter what the story is you jump in with a stabbing snide comment, every time you comment on a new story it's to take a stab it Apple in some respect. I'm not telling you how to think or behave, I'm telling you simply try to see there's a reason why everyone here thinks you're negative, consistently. It's not because we're "all" sensitive that you're criticizing Apple, it's that you're just always negative and always criticizing to simply take away.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #76 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

As a developer I would not be comfortable releasing an app without testing it on the hardware myself.

It's not good enough for some scrub at Apple to test it, it's my reputation at stake not his.

And we're glad there are people who care about their work like you, this is the type thinking that made apps like Tweetie great.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #77 of 77
I'm wondering though, will all the iPhone apps I purchased in the past work on my new iPad when i pick one up from the store? I should be able to just sync it up with my iTunes once I get home and plug it in to my macpro workstation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple begins accepting iPad apps on the App Store