or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Miscellaneous News.

Miscellaneous News. - Page 39

post #1521 of 2679

Comic relief from Stephen Colbert :

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/415944/june-27-2012/national-geographic-poll-on-alien-invasion-management

There's a commercial first sorry.

Enjoy!

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #1522 of 2679

Apparently it's wrong for Mitt Romney to raise funds for his re-election but it is okay for Obama.

Liberal hypocrisy truly has no limits.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #1523 of 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Apparently it's wrong for Mitt Romney to raise funds for his re-election but it is okay for Obama.

Liberal hypocrisy truly has no limits.

Doesn't he have enough money!lol.gif

But I'm guessing you favor Romney? And of course you're not a conservative. You just support the same things.

post #1524 of 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Doesn't he have enough money!

I don't know. Doesn't Obama? Personally how much money any individual has is none of my business.

Quote:

But I'm guessing you favor Romney?

Nope.

Quote:

And of course you're not a conservative.

Nope.

Quote:

You just support the same things.

Nope.

All of this is ironic from the guy who claims to be an independent but who never seems to criticize liberals or Democrats, always appears to support almost all their positions and is regularly critical and dismissive of and objects to almost all conservatives, Republicans and even libertarians.

post #1525 of 2679

Here's a little something for all of the consevatives here to chew on!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/08/12630094-in-hamptons-protesters-converge-on-romney-fundraisers-by-air-and-land?lite

Quote:
In Hamptons, protesters converge on Romney fundraisers by air and land

An indicator of the mood of the country.

Meanwhile in other news : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48128869/ns/politics-the_new_york_times/

Quote:
Cracks appear in GOP unity on health law repeal

Some worry that constantly rearguing the issue makes them seem out of touch

Really? You think?

post #1526 of 2679
Quote:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/08/12630094-in-hamptons-protesters-converge-on-romney-fundraisers-by-air-and-land?lite

Meanwhile in other news : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48128869/ns/politics-the_new_york_times/

Really? You think?

How the hell is that indicative of the mood of the country?  And why is Romney's fundraiser a problem while Obama's star-studded, Hollywood gala fundraisers are not?  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #1527 of 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:

Really? You think?

How the hell is that indicative of the mood of the country?  And why is Romney's fundraiser a problem while Obama's star-studded, Hollywood gala fundraisers are not?  

Tell me does Obama have off shore accounts? And the mood is that they don't like rich fucks with off shore accounts.

post #1528 of 2679

For those who want to listen a good read on what's really going on with the economy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/04/opinion/krugman-this-republican-economy.html?_r=1&ref=paulkrugman

Quote:
This Republican Economy
post #1529 of 2679

Cause everything Romney does is in a sort of clandestine way while Obama is out front.

post #1530 of 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Cause everything Romney does is in a sort of clandestine way while Obama is out front.

Thank you! I was wondering if I was going to get any other support here for this double barreled match. However I'm glad I could pose a common threat that would get these two conservatives united again in common cause. ( wink if I could ).

post #1531 of 2679
Quote:

Do you actually believe that?

I see that jimmac does, but then...well...

Edited by MJ1970 - 7/10/12 at 11:09am

post #1532 of 2679

Yes, Mr. Barack "Executive Privilege" Obama is "out front".

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #1533 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

Do you actually believe that?

I see that jimmac does, but then...well...

Lots of people believe things you don't. Are you going to try to discredit most of the country? ( eyes roll if they could )

post #1534 of 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Yes, Mr. Barack "Executive Privilege" Obama is "out front".

One note ( wink if I could ).

post #1535 of 2679
Quote:

Lots of people believe things you don't. Are you going to try to discredit most of the country? ( eyes roll if they could )

Not at all. I merely asked a question to a poster who declared something that isn't true and wondered if he actually believed something that wasn't true.

post #1536 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

Not at all. I merely asked a question to a poster who declared something that isn't true and wondered if he actually believed something that wasn't true.

Only not true from your point of view. Hardly everyone or universal.

post #1537 of 2679
Quote:

You're right. All of the facts that have been collected by and from many sources that demonstrate how not upfront, not transparent and not open Barack Obama is, is just my "point of view."

You're a riot!

lol.gif

post #1538 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

You're right. All of the facts that have been collected by and from many sources that demonstrate how not upfront, not transparent and not open Barack Obama is, is just my "point of view."

You're a riot!

lol.gif

Quote:

You're a riot!

See what I mean? Feighned superiority and not relevent to the substance of my post. If you find it is then my comments about " How Republican of you " are also. See how this works?

We can choose to be civil or not.

post #1539 of 2679
Quote:

See what I mean? Feighned superiority and not relevent to the substance of my post. If you find it is then my comments about " How Republican of you " are also. See how this works?

Your posts have no substance. That's the point. There's nothing to address. Talking with you is like playing with a little kitten. It's amusing and mildly entertaining but doesn't really add anything of value to my life other than that.

post #1540 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

Your posts have no substance. That's the point. There's nothing to address. Talking with you is like playing with a little kitten. It's amusing and mildly entertaining but doesn't really add anything of value to my life other than that.

Here we go again. You really don't have anything do you?

Well it's after 11:00 am here gotta go and do things in the real world. I'm on a working around the house staycasion. Talk to you later.

post #1541 of 2679
Quote:

I have a lot. I've posted much of substance. You do not. You have not. You've simply come back to babble.

Post something with substance, reason, facts and logic...then we can discuss. Or point me to a recent substantive post of yours.

post #1542 of 2679

Fresh from invading Republican supporters' homes, the civility-loving left starts cutting vehicular engine lines.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #1543 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

I have a lot. I've posted much of substance. You do not. You have not. You've simply come back to babble.

Post something with substance, reason, facts and logic...then we can discuss. Or point me to a recent substantive post of yours.

I have you just refuse to acknowledge it. Like I've said above gotta go. You can insult me later.

post #1544 of 2679
Quote:

I have you just refuse to acknowledge it.

Point it out.

post #1545 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

I have you just refuse to acknowledge it.

Point it out.

How about post # 1528 in this thread? Of course being the conservative ( or at least Republican sympathizer )  that you are you probably don't agree with it.

Edited by jimmac - 7/10/12 at 8:16pm
post #1546 of 2679
Quote:

How about # 1528? Of course being the conservative ( or at least Republican sympathizer )  that you are you probably don't agree with it.

So...you're pointing me to a post...that contains a single link...to an opinion piece...by a liberal, Democrat-sympathizer...explaining why he thinks everything that's bad in the economy is the fault of the people he doesn't sympathize with...as an example of a "substantive" post of yours?

lol.gif

post #1547 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

How about # 1528? Of course being the conservative ( or at least Republican sympathizer )  that you are you probably don't agree with it.

So...you're pointing me to a post...that contains a single link...to an opinion piece...by a liberal, Democrat-sympathizer...explaining why he thinks everything that's bad in the economy is the fault of the people he doesn't sympathize with...as an example of a "substantive" post of yours?

lol.gif

So just because you don't agree with it there's no substance? WOW! ( head shakes if it could ).

I'd call that a closed mind and a blindspot. How Republican of you. Also how is this any different than your post # 1503 in this thread oh wise one?

Just so you don't go back and doctor it here's a quote :

And that was all you wrote in said post. ( wink if I could )

By the way there's an update to the article you linked to :

Quote:
Also, the White House points out to reporters that President George W. Bush asserted executive privilege six times, while Bill Clinton did so in 14 instances, "both of whom protected the same category of documents we're protecting today (ie after-the-fact internal Executive Branch materials responding to congressional and media inquiries - in this case from the Justice Department). In fact, dating back to President Reagan, Presidents have asserted executive privileged 24 times. President Obama has gone longer without asserting the privilege in a Congressional dispute than any President in the last three decades."

( Wink if I could ).

Edited by jimmac - 7/10/12 at 8:40pm
post #1548 of 2679
Quote:

So just because you don't agree with it there's no substance? WOW! ( head shakes if it could ).

I didn't say that. I simply pointed out that it's an opinion piece. What do you want me to do. I have a different opinion. There...we have two opinions.

Quote:

I'd call that a closed mind and a blindspot.

Call it whatever you like. I don't value your opinion on such matters.

Quote:

How Republican of you.

:rolleyes:

Quote:

Also how is this any different than your post # 1503 in this thread oh wise one?

Post 1503 contained a link to a news article about "the most open and transparent administration in US history" (and a President who, as a candidate was an outspoken critic of the previous president's use of "executive privilege for the same kind of things) invoking "executive privilege" to hide something and protect one its people.

Quote:

You're picking one post of mine as your sample set to imply that I post without any substance?

Sheesh.

post #1549 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

I didn't say that. I simply pointed out that it's an opinion piece. What do you want me to do. I have a different opinion. There...we have two opinions.

Quote:

I'd call that a closed mind and a blindspot.

Call it whatever you like. I don't value your opinion on such matters.

Quote:

How Republican of you.

:rolleyes:

Quote:

Also how is this any different than your post # 1503 in this thread oh wise one?

Post 1503 contained a link to a news article about "the most open and transparent administration in US history" (and a President who, as a candidate was an outspoken critic of the previous president's use of "executive privilege for the same kind of things) invoking "executive privilege" to hide something and protect one its people.

Quote:

You're picking one post of mine as your sample set to imply that I post without any substance?

Sheesh.

You were doing much the same with me. There are many more with just as much substance ( or not by your own definition ) that I could quote if you like.  Also read the update to that same article. I posted it above for your convenience. Nice back peddle though.

post #1550 of 2679
Quote:

You were doing much the same with me.

No. I asked you to point me to a post of yours with substance. You pointed me to a post with a link to a biased opinion piece. Then you went and picked one of my posts with a link to a news article.

Anyway...I'm playing with children for now.

post #1551 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

You were doing much the same with me.

No. I asked you to point me to a post of yours with substance. You pointed me to a post with a link to a biased opinion piece. Then you went and picked one of my posts with a link to a news article.

Anyway...I'm playing with children for now.

And I asked you what's the difference between what you were questioning and what you've done ( multiple times ) yourself.

This is what you asked of me

Quote:

Then I pointed out when you didn't like that you've done the same yourself. Then you insult me by inferring I'm a child ( another insult ). You just can't drop the phony superiority stuff can you?

post #1552 of 2679
Quote:

And I asked you what's the difference between what you were questioning and what you've done ( multiple times ) yourself.

And I explained the difference.

Quote:

Then I pointed out when you didn't like that you've done the same yourself.

What?!?!

Quote:

Then you insult me by inferring I'm a child ( another insult ).

No, I implied it. Speakers/writers imply. Listeners/readers infer. Learn.

Quote:

You just can't drop the phony superiority stuff can you?

Nothing phony about it.

post #1553 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

And I explained the difference.

Quote:

Then I pointed out when you didn't like that you've done the same yourself.

What?!?!

Quote:

Then you insult me by inferring I'm a child ( another insult ).

No, I implied it.

Quote:

You just can't drop the phony superiority stuff can you?

Nothing phony about it.

There was no difference to it ( maybe in your mind ) but you didn't offer anything new to that previous post besides the link and maybe your snide opinion ( subjective so no real substance there ).

Quote:
No, I implied it.

Amounts to the same thing.

And completely phony ( A legend in your own mind ).

post #1554 of 2679
Quote:

There was no difference to it ( maybe in your mind ) but you didn't offer anything new to that previous post besides the link and maybe your snide opinion ( subjective so no real substance there ).

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Quote:

No. They're not.

post #1555 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Quote:

No. They're not.

Yes they are. They're both stupid insults when you use them MJ. And I thought you didn't approve of " Whatever "?

post #1556 of 2679
Quote:

Yes they are. They're both stupid insults when you use them MJ. And I thought you didn't approve of " Whatever "?

Amazing. Someone points out how clearly wrong you are and your incorrect understanding of word usage and you just dig your heels in.

Amazing.

post #1557 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

Amazing. Someone points out how clearly wrong you are and your incorrect understanding of word usage and you just dig your heels in.

Amazing

If only that had anything to do with what we were talking about. I forgot you ramble when you insult. Amazing. Besides I thought you were saying " Good day " to me in another post? ( wink if I could )

post #1558 of 2679
Quote:

I forgot you ramble when you insult.

You're confusing correcting you with rambling.

post #1559 of 2679
Quote:

Quote:

I forgot you ramble when you insult.

You're confusing correcting you with rambling.

Yeah. That must have been it. ( wink if I could )

post #1560 of 2679

Raise funds with not being secret about it that is Romney for you a sneak all the way!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Miscellaneous News.