or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Miscellaneous News.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Miscellaneous News. - Page 41

post #1601 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

 

Right.  Another mistranslation, I suppose?  Hmmm. Funny, because Hezbollah (supported by the Iranian government), wants to launch chemical attacks that would kill "tens of thousands."    Iran's leadership views Israel as an "illegitimate state."   

The Gatestone Institute? OMFG! lol.gif  Jesus H. Christ Esq.

 

And you call me (and others) when linking to alternative media, as opposed to corporate weasel-media websites?

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #1602 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Israel is mostly an illegitimate state. Just ask the Palistinians. I am for Israel having a country there, just a much smaller one that respects the Palestinians right to that land too.

 

Hezbollah is just saying what it could do in a war. That's about all they have. Compare that to Israel which has a modern well armed military with US backing. Kind of puts it in perspective. And it's not like the US doesn't brag. Remember John McCain's Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran?

 

The "Palestinians" don't exist, nor does "Palestine."    As for the rest, you're saying that threatening chemical attacks that would kill tens of thousands is..."bragging?"  Wow.  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Yes, after the book deals.  No, not with what he did with his life leading up to it.  And again, way to take "you-didn't-build-that" completely out of context.  He essentially said "no man is an island."  Are you really going to argue with that?

 

"You didn't build that" is much worse when we look at the entire statement, actually.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #1603 of 2707

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1604 of 2707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

 

The "Palestinians" don't exist, nor does "Palestine."    As for the rest, you're saying that threatening chemical attacks that would kill tens of thousands is..."bragging?"  Wow.  

 

 

 

"You didn't build that" is much worse when we look at the entire statement, actually.  

Oh my.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1605 of 2707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

 

Quoted to ensure certain people don't miss this paragraph.

I would really love if jazz and mj were a little more honest. What we need is people who will say it as it is, not keep on with the spin that masquerades as politics. 

 

Both of you know that whether you like taxes or not, that what Obama was saying is that people who do well, have had the luxury (or however you want to put it) of a government that's spent vast sums of money on health, poverty, infrastructure, housing, research, education etc etc etc. The people who have done well are now saying "We want to pay less in taxes". Like Obama has said, they are the one's who have benefited from the governments massive spending, but they want to make out they owe NOTHING. They are total scum. And we will bring them down. FUC* YOUR ROMNEY OFFSHORE TAX HAVENS. F*** YOUR ROMNEY MONEY ELITE. YOU'RE COWARDS. INCAPABLE OF JOINING A MODERN SOCIETY WHERE WE LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1606 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I would really love if jazz and mj were a little more honest. What we need is people who will say it as it is, not keep on with the spin that masquerades as politics.

 

I'm being completely honest and tell things the way they are. Your accusations of dishonesty are simply a smear tactic. Please feel free to provide any evidence that this accusation is anything more than your opinion about what is true or not.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Both of you know that whether you like taxes or not, that what Obama was saying is that people who do well, have had the luxury (or however you want to put it) of a government that's spent vast sums of money on health, poverty, infrastructure, housing, research, education etc etc etc.

 

Again you have things so completely backwards it's hard to know where to begin. First the government got all that money from someone. It doesn't have any of its own. That someone was the (among others) the very people you (and he) claim aren't paying for any of this. Government creates nothing.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Like Obama has said, they are the one's who have benefited from the governments massive spending

 

Except that Obama is wrong. You're Marxism is starting to show.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

They are total scum. And we will bring them down. FUC* YOUR ROMNEY OFFSHORE TAX HAVENS. F*** YOUR ROMNEY MONEY ELITE. YOU'RE COWARDS. INCAPABLE OF JOINING A MODERN SOCIETY WHERE WE LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER.

 

And so are your true colors.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1607 of 2707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

I'm being completely honest and tell things the way they are. Your accusations of dishonesty are simply a smear tactic. Please feel free to provide any evidence that this accusation is anything more than your opinion about what is true or not.

 

 

 

 

Again you have things so completely backwards it's hard to know where to begin. First the government got all that money from someone. It doesn't have any of its own. That someone was the (among others) the very people you (and he) claim aren't paying for any of this. Government creates nothing.

 

 

 

Except that Obama is wrong. You're Marxism is starting to show.

 

 

 

And so are your true colors.

Seriously mj, I really would like it if instead of carrying on with this spin, you acknowledge that Obama wasn't saying you didn't build your business, he was saying you didn't build up all the things the government has spent billions of dollars on. The point being that businesses rely on this expenditure and yet the wealthiest are all too happy to use Libertarian arguments to try and convince people that taxes are just money spent on lazy unproductive leeches. It's a joke. One that gets more expression in the US though, than anywhere I have ever lived.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1608 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Seriously mj, I really would like it if instead of carrying on with this spin, you acknowledge that Obama wasn't saying you didn't build your business, he was saying you didn't build up all the things the government has spent billions of dollars on.

 

I won't acknowledge something I don't believe is true. However...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

The point being that businesses rely on this expenditure...

 

I addressed the issue as if that's what he really meant and it is still a rather dishonest and insidious thing for him to say (and you to continue supporting).

 

Perhaps even more importantly that previous points I  made (which you've conveniently ignored) is the fallacious assumption of yours (and his) that these things would not or could not have happened as well (or better) without government.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1609 of 2707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

 

 

I addressed the issue as if that's what he really meant and it is still a rather dishonest and insidious thing for him to say (and you to continue supporting).

 

 

It's not dishonest and insidious at all, it's bloody fact. Inescapable fact. Period. The insidious and dishonest thing is to twist what he meant to rally the troops.

 

If you want to do things differently, as I do too, fine. But Obama's point stands as fact.

 

I'm not even going to vote for him. Too many things about the US government under Obama I find appalling. The alternative is worse, but I will no longer offer my support to someone who is so far removed from what I believe in. That's actually the reason I didn't vote for him the first time around too.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1610 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

It's not dishonest and insidious at all, it's bloody fact. Inescapable fact. Period.

 

If you want to do things differently, as I do too, fine. But Obama's point stands as fact.

 

But his implication (and that is what we're really talking about) is insidious, and it is the implication that these people did not pay for them with taxes they have paid. It's a lie.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1611 of 2707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

But his implication (and that is what we're really talking about) is insidious, and it is the implication that these people did not pay for them with taxes they have paid. It's a lie.

OK mj, show me where Obama said that.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1612 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

OK mj, show me where Obama said that.

 

I said that's what he's implying and to claim he wasn't is dishonestly of the highest order. That was the whole fucking point of him saying it. Basically this:

 

a) The "government" has built and paid for all of these these things (that you didn't build).

b) You're success relies on all these things (that you didn't build).

c) You should pay for these things (that you didn't build).

 

The implication is crystal clear.

 

BTW...this is all assuming your interpretation of "you didn't build that."

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1613 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Seriously mj, I really would like it if instead of carrying on with this spin, you acknowledge that Obama wasn't saying you didn't build your business, he was saying you didn't build up all the things the government has spent billions of dollars on. The point being that businesses rely on this expenditure and yet the wealthiest are all too happy to use Libertarian arguments to try and convince people that taxes are just money spent on lazy unproductive leeches. It's a joke. One that gets more expression in the US though, than anywhere I have ever lived.

 

Hands, Can you answer this for me? What's it worth to an economy when someone builds a business from virtually nothing, and is responsible for the employment of 5000 people in town?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Oh my.

 

No problem there. There has never been a country called Palestine in the entire history of this planet. SDW is right, it has never existed.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #1614 of 2707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

I said that's what he's implying and to claim he wasn't is dishonestly of the highest order. That was the whole fucking point of him saying it. Basically this:

 

a) The "government" has built and paid for all of these these things (that you didn't build).

b) You're success relies on all these things (that you didn't build).

c) You should pay for these things (that you didn't build).

 

The implication is crystal clear.

 

BTW...this is all assuming your interpretation of "you didn't build that."

He doesn't imply that they did not pay for them . You failed to mention that in your new list. Other than that your points are good one's. I think that's exactly what he did mean.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1615 of 2707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

 

Hands, Can you answer this for me? What's it worth to an economy when someone builds a business from virtually nothing, and is responsible for the employment of 5000 people in town?

 

 

No problem there. There has never been a country called Palestine in the entire history of this planet. SDW is right, it has never existed.

Israel and Palestine have an equal right to exist. The Palestinian part is larger than the Israeli part historically. Just because they only had sheep on some of their land doesn't mean you can come along and steal it without being held accountable. The fact that you give more credence to Israel than to Palestine says volumes.

 

Do you really think Obama doesn't want businesses to prosper and do well? Do you really think the "Lefties" here are all some kind of communist loving idiots? After all the comments you've read here can you not treat the people here with any more respect than that? 

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1616 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

He doesn't imply that they did not pay for them . You failed to mention that in your new list. Other than that your points are good one's. I think that's exactly what he did mean.

 

Oh for goodness sake...are you really that obtuse? That's exactly what he's implying! What else could he possibly mean?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1617 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Israel and Palestine have an equal right to exist. The Palestinian part is larger than the Israeli part historically. Just because they only had sheep on some of their land doesn't mean you can come along and steal it without being held accountable. The fact that you give more credence to Israel than to Palestine says volumes.

 

Again, there has never, ever been a country on the planet named Palestine.

The 'Palestinians' you refer to are culturally and scientifically identical to the Jordanians next door.

 

The only reason that the people resident in the disputed region - which the Bible calls Judea and Samaria - are being denied citizenship in a Greater Jordan is that it is inconvenient for the current rulers of Jordan to acknowledge them, and it is more convenient for the Arab world to use the existence of Israel as a scapegoat for its problems.

 

Even outside the Bible, virtually every great world empire in history (Persia, Greece, Rome and Britain) has a record of Israel's claim to that land.

 

That an Arab population moved in after Jews were exiled from their homes and hunted around the world is not really an issue when the entire Arab world remains at their disposal.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #1618 of 2707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

Oh for goodness sake...are you really that obtuse? That's exactly what he's implying! What else could he possibly mean?

I'm not being obtuse at all. I see very clearly what you're saying Obama was implying and I disagree with it. He was not saying that they aren't paying taxes, he was saying that they need to pay taxes. It's an obvious and important distinction because "not" paying taxes would be completely false, except in relatively rare cases were people don't. Whereas need to pay taxes is not only true, but emphasizes his point about what the benefits are of paying them.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1619 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

He was not saying that they aren't paying taxes, he was saying that they need to pay taxes.

 

Oh, I see. So he's begging the question then. Got it.

 

However, we're still left with the "you didn't build that" quip. Pray tell what did that mean?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1620 of 2707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

 

Again, there has never, ever been a country on the planet named Palestine.

The 'Palestinians' you refer to are culturally and scientifically identical to the Jordanians next door.

 

The only reason that the people resident in the disputed region - which the Bible calls Judea and Samaria - are being denied citizenship in a Greater Jordan is that it is inconvenient for the current rulers of Jordan to acknowledge them, and it is more convenient for the Arab world to use the existence of Israel as a scapegoat for its problems.

 

Even outside the Bible, virtually every great world empire in history (Persia, Greece, Rome and Britain) has a record of Israel's claim to that land.

 

That an Arab population moved in after Jews were exiled from their homes and hunted around the world is not really an issue when the entire Arab world remains at their disposal.

This is daft. Actually it's worse than that. This one sidedness is what's making this so hostile between peoples that for a long time lived in relative peace with one another. Both of these peoples are from that area, and both have a right to be there. 

 

Here's just a small section of wikipedia-

 

"Palestine was conquered by the Islamic Empire, beginning in 634 CE. In 636 CE, the Battle of Yarmouk during the Muslim conquest of Syria symbolized the complete Muslim takeover of the region, which was regarded as Bilad a-Sham (Greater Syria). The word 'Arab at the time referred to Bedouin, nomads with an Arabian ancestry. The local population, engaged in farming, which was considered demeaning, were called Nabaț, referring to Aramaic speaking villagers. A ḥadīth, brought in the name of a Muslim freedman who settled in Palestine ordered them not to settle in the villages, for he who abides in villages it is as if he abides in graves.'[36] In 661 CE, with the assassination of AliMuawiyah I became the uncontested Caliph of the Islamic World after being crowned in Jerusalem. The Dome of the Rock, completed in 691, was the world's first great work of Islamic architecture." 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#History

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1621 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

This is daft. Actually it's worse than that. This one sidedness is what's making this so hostile between peoples that for a long time lived in relative peace with one another. Both of these peoples are from that area, and both have a right to be there. 

 

Here's just a small section of wikipedia-

 

"Palestine was conquered by the Islamic Empire, beginning in 634 CE. In 636 CE, the Battle of Yarmouk during the Muslim conquest of Syria symbolized the complete Muslim takeover of the region, which was regarded as Bilad a-Sham (Greater Syria). The word 'Arab at the time referred to Bedouin, nomads with an Arabian ancestry. The local population, engaged in farming, which was considered demeaning, were called Nabaț, referring to Aramaic speaking villagers. A ḥadīth, brought in the name of a Muslim freedman who settled in Palestine ordered them not to settle in the villages, for he who abides in villages it is as if he abides in graves.'[36] In 661 CE, with the assassination of AliMuawiyah I became the uncontested Caliph of the Islamic World after being crowned in Jerusalem. The Dome of the Rock, completed in 691, was the world's first great work of Islamic architecture." 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#History

 

Wait a second.

 

You're using an Islamic conquest of the area occupied by the people of Israel for at least several hundred years before to support your claim of both having a right to the area

 

And you're calling him daft?!

 

Now that's off the charts of the irony-meter!

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1622 of 2707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

However, we're still left with the "you didn't build that" quip. Pray tell what did that mean?

He means exactly what he said. You built your business, you didn't build the roads and all the other things the government built that are essential (but not always lol) to you having a successful business. I really thought you'd be above this kind of blatant spinning. There are plenty of legitimate things to be angry with Obama for. Making this into something it wasn't just because it's the kind of thing that can portray him as the stereotypical communist president which sells well to the voters, is pretty low.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1623 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

He means exactly what he said. You built your business, you didn't build the roads and all the other things the government built that are essential (but not always lol) to you having a successful business.

 

Now you're playing a disingenuous game of semantics. Fine...I'll play along. OK. Who built that stuff?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I really thought you'd be above this kind of blatant spinning.

 

You can stop your lame attempts to smear me.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1624 of 2707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

Wait a second.

 

You're using an Islamic conquest of the area occupied by the people of Israel for at least several hundred years before to support your claim of both having a right to the area

 

And you're calling him daft?!

 

Now that's off the charts of the irony-meter!

 

Oh so you think the Palestinians shouldn't be there either. I wonder how this will play into your argument that the Native Americans shouldn't get their land back.

 

I posted this simply to show how this area is not an Israeli area. Parts of it are, but small parts. This land was never Israeli for the most part. 

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1625 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

 

Oh so you think the Palestinians shouldn't be there either.

 

I never said that. I was merely pointing out the dubiousness of your argument.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

 

I wonder how this will play into your argument that the Native Americans shouldn't get their land back.

 

I don't recall having made that argument. However, if you are going to argue they should, you're being hypocritical in the case of Israel.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I posted this simply to show how this area is not an Israeli area. Parts of it are, but small parts. This land was never Israeli for the most part. 

 

Simply not true.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1626 of 2707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

Now you're playing a disingenuous game of semantics. Fine...I'll play along. OK. Who built that stuff?

 

 

 

You can stop your lame attempts to smear me.

No mj, the smearing is the smearing of Obama. That's it. You have gone along with it to some degree. I will call a spade a spade. I know you're smart enough to know that his comments have been misconstrued, and yet you want say so.

 

Obama was making a simple point. "You didn't build that" means what the government has built. You can argue all you want that ...well he paid taxes to build those things....well guess what? That's the point. 

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1627 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

No mj, the smearing is the smearing of Obama. That's it. You have gone along with it to some degree. I will call a spade a spade. I know you're smart enough to know that he's been misinterpreted, and yet you want say so.

 

We disagree on the interpretation of his statements.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Obama was making a simple point. "You didn't build that" means what the government has built. You can argue all you want that ...well he paid taxes to build those things....well guess what? That's the point. 

 

Yes, that is the point now isn't.

 

If you say the government built a thing (with taxes confiscated from the citizens) and then tell someone they didn't build it, it's the same as claiming they didn't pay any of the taxes that were confiscated to build those things. Surely you're smart enough to follow this logic through to its final conclusion.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1628 of 2707

Blood is the true colors you are saying.Why red?
 

post #1629 of 2707
Thread Starter 

Be interesting what the Zionists say about this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=GxiwBpbGmoU

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1630 of 2707

Pretty soon Israel will bomb the shit out of Iran with our help of course if Romney becomes President.
 

post #1631 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Pretty soon Israel will bomb the shit out of Iran with our help of course if Romney becomes President.
 

 

Unfortunately, that's probably going to happen regardless.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #1632 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Pretty soon Israel will bomb the shit out of Iran with our help of course if Romney becomes President.
 

 

You're right marv. We certainly haven't done any bombing with Obama on watch.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #1633 of 2707

Obama talks big but is clandestine inside.He is not for Israel at all! We should all know this by now.President Clinton was and so was Bush Jr.
 

post #1634 of 2707

The flag was ripped off the Japanese ambassador's car in Beijing after two cars forced the car to stop.  

 

China has been permitting anti-Japanese sentiment to build over the past few weeks.  

 

The communist party will hold major elections later this year and a distraction is on the menu.


Edited by Bergermeister - 8/28/12 at 1:44am

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #1635 of 2707

We need another war like a hole in the head again.
 

post #1636 of 2707

Welcome to Tampa.

 

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1637 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Welcome to Tampa.

 

 

Don't the terrorists hate us for our "freedom".

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #1638 of 2707
Thread Starter 

Seems a bit hypocritical of you two to be against a well protected police, after both strongly arguing in favour of personal protection. The fact is that crowds of people do sometimes viciously attack the police and these guys need all the protection they can get. I'm not saying the police don't ever make things worse, they do, but that doesn't negate their need for protection.

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #1639 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Seems a bit hypocritical of you two to be against a well protected police, after both strongly arguing in favour of personal protection. The fact is that crowds of people do sometimes viciously attack the police and these guys need all the protection they can get. I'm not saying the police don't ever make things worse, they do, but that doesn't negate their need for protection.

 

Why, in your view, are police entitled to defend themselves with "all the protection they can get", but nobody else is?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #1640 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Seems a bit hypocritical of you two to be against a well protected police, after both strongly arguing in favour of personal protection. The fact is that crowds of people do sometimes viciously attack the police and these guys need all the protection they can get. I'm not saying the police don't ever make things worse, they do, but that doesn't negate their need for protection.

 

Well of course it seems hypocritical to you.

 

:rolleyes:

 

Anyway...you seem to have missed the point.

 

As for hypocrisy though, it seems you ought to compare this statement:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

...these guys (the police) need all the protection they can get.

 

to your position on the rights of individual "civilians" to "all the protection they can get."

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Miscellaneous News.