or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Miscellaneous News.

Miscellaneous News. - Page 49

post #1921 of 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

GWBush was an idiot but at least everyone knew it.

And Barack Obama is an idiot (or evil) but most people don't know it.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #1922 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

And Barack Obama is an idiot (or evil) but most people don't know it.

Precisely. That's the problem. ~NASA's goal is to reach out to Muslims~ ... WTF???
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

What is the solution to this regarding Palestine ?

To get Palestine to accept the deal with Israel and recognise Israel's right to exist.

Multiple offers in the past decades have been given with Israel agreeing to Palestine land.

The problem is not Israel, it is Palestine, Hamas, and political Islam.

The first solution is getting people to be aware of what is actually in the Quran, Hadith and Sirah.

Islam is ~not~ a religion, it has nothing to do with ethics, and is merely a political ideology.

Islam has two fundamental techniques: submission, and duality.

It appeals to the darkest parts of the human mind, and with such sublime sophistication once you see it you will be blown away.

The duality works like this. On one hand, you have "religious" Islam (earlier parts of the Quran, etc.) ~ it promises that if you "submit", everything will be perfect and will be forgiven. Sounds good. On the other hand, the later Quran, etc. is ~political~ Islam. Where it says you can do virtually anything to the unbeliever ~ kill, still, cheat, lie, etc. So the "mainstream" "religious" Muslims can tell themselves, "oh, that's not Islam" (false), or, they might secretly believe, this "religion" is so good, as long as I myself to do not practice it radically, it is good that someone is out there ~being~ radical about it, because it is so beautiful.

Do you all see the tantalising deception of Islam?

It is also like the treatment of women... Muslims tell themselves, we don't repress women, we "take care" of them. As in, if you have a wife and not screw around, then you can ~beat~ your wife.

It is truly some of the sickest and most twisted human thinking ever devised in our history.
Edited by sr2012 - 12/6/12 at 6:08am
post #1923 of 2706
(Edit: not serial posting as requested by PhilBoogie)
post #1924 of 2706

post #1925 of 2706

Strong earthquake off coast of Japan.  Same general location as last year's.

Tsunami alert for 1 meter in 15 minutes.

NHK (the main broadcaster) is genuinely earnest about telling people to remember last year's tsunami and evacuate.  

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #1926 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Strong earthquake off coast of Japan.  Same general location as last year's.

Tsunami alert for 1 meter in 15 minutes.

NHK (the main broadcaster) is genuinely earnest about telling people to remember last year's tsunami and evacuate.  

Take Care.
post #1927 of 2706

So far no serious reports...  (I said something similar once last year before the tsunami so I shiver when writing it).

A 1m wave has hit one town.  These often come in a series, so the wait isn't over yet...

post #1928 of 2706
Of course, gay marriage has the exact same benefits.
post #1929 of 2706

Tsunami warnings lifted.

post #1930 of 2706

Thank GOD no one was killed this time.They were more prepared also.

post #1931 of 2706

White House Not Just Going to Sit Around While Everyone Smokes Pot

Obama Administration Pledges To Ignore State Legalization of Pot And Crackdown On Users and Distributors

Because not freedom is so much more fun when we're the ones with the power.

Edited by MJ1970 - 12/7/12 at 8:34am

post #1932 of 2706

Kate's nurse, the one who was pranked by the radio DJ posing as the queen, has committed suicide.

post #1933 of 2706
Quote:

Kate's nurse, the one who was pranked by the radio DJ posing as the queen, has committed suicide.

Dear God. That's horrible. Wow.

Perhaps a modern example of hari kari?

post #1934 of 2706
Quote:

Quote:

Dear God. That's horrible. Wow.

Perhaps a modern example of hari kari?

Oh jeez.  How absolutely horrible.  http://www.contactmusic.com/news/report-kate-middleton-prank-call-receptionist-commits-suicide_3407657

I hate to even raise this, but does anyone think there will be a movement to hold the DJ responsible in some way?  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #1935 of 2706

Unemployment rate drops to 7.7%, but is this and indication of good news?

As in the past we always need to look beyond this top line number to see if this is really a positive indicator or not. And, as usual, each time the unemployment rate has dropped in recent month we're seeing the same thing:

Quote:
The unemployment rate fell to 7.7 percent, the lowest since December 2008, as size of the labor force shrank.

Quote:
The participation rate, which indicates the share of working-age people in the labor force, fell to 63.6 percent, from the prior month’s 63.8 percent.

More at WaPo and USAToday:

Quote:
The jobless rate dropped in large part because the labor force fell by 350,000, suggesting that people gave up looking for work. The number of people saying they had a job actually fell by 122,000. And the Labor Department revised downward its estimates of job creation in September and October by a combined 49,000 jobs.

Quote:
The unemployment rate fell to a four-year low of 7.7% from 7.9% as 350,000 Americans left the labor force, which includes people working and looking for work, the Labor Department said.

And then there's a question of what kind of employment this is:

Quote:
An early Thanksgiving may have boosted payrolls by about 75,000 last month, according to UBS projections as companies such as retailers took on extra staff sooner than normal. Businesses that stepped up hiring for the holidays include Macy’s Inc. (M) The second-biggest U.S. department-store chain said it would add about 2,000 more seasonal workers than the 78,000 it hired last year. Toys ‘R’ Us Inc., the world’s largest toy retailer, reported plans to employ 45,000 temporary staff, up 5,000 from the 2011 season.

1frown.gif

Obamanonomics at work: Four years to get to an employment point that's still higher than predicted if they had not "stimulated" the economy all because (un-provable assertion) "things were worse than we thought" and"nobody could have done better."

1rolleyes.gif

This doesn't look much like a healthy economy.

Edited by MJ1970 - 12/7/12 at 8:22am

post #1936 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Of course?

I won't hold my breath waiting for you to support the claim.

post #1937 of 2706
Quote:

Somewhere I saw that children of lesbian parents were happier and more successful than their "traditional parent" brothers and sisters.  Have no idea where it was.

post #1938 of 2706
Quote:

Somewhere I saw that children of lesbian parents were happier and more successful than their "traditional parent" brothers and sisters.  Have no idea where it was.

Yes, and why should such a claim deserve any scrutiny.  I mean, it fits your world view and all.  Case closed.  

post #1939 of 2706
Quote:

Responding to myself as I didn't have time earlier.

Here is one article:

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1994480,00.html

And another:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peggy-drexler/the-kids-are-alright-gay_b_1539166.html

"Throughout many years of working with families, I've studied the lives of gay parents raising sons and daughters. In general, gay parents tend to be more motivated, more committed, and more thoughtful parents than heterosexual couples. That's because they usually have to work very hard, and plan very far in advance, to become parents, and so rarely do so by accident."

post #1940 of 2706
Quote:

This would be a VERY unpopular move.

However, both these articles are pure speculation about what Obama will do. The only person quoted in both articles is an agent in Washington. Yes, this Agent works under the Obama Administration. No, this agent is NOT the Obama Administration. The gun has been jumped.

It should also be noted that the agent simply said that under federal law, possession and distribution is still a crime. This is (unfortunately) a fact. The agent did not give any pledge to enforce that law, and there is no indication as to whether they will.

The upcoming events will be interesting.

I know you love to criticize Obama at every chance you get (and while claiming to be critical of both parties, oddly you rarely if ever criticize the Republicans), but let's leave the blame game until there's something to blame, shall we?

post #1941 of 2706
Quote:

Quote:

Of course?

I won't hold my breath waiting for you to support the claim.

Huh?

You read the article you linked to, right? The article explained why a two parent family benefits poor children. Any two parent family. It didn't say a female mother and a male father. It was talking about having two parents. Two gay parents would also fit that bill. Ergo... having the same benefits.

post #1942 of 2706

In other news, it seems some people simply don't have an aptitude for common logic.

post #1943 of 2706
Quote:

Huh?

You read the article you linked to, right? The article explained why a two parent family benefits poor children. Any two parent family. It didn't say a female mother and a male father. It was talking about having two parents. Two gay parents would also fit that bill. Ergo... having the same benefits.

This is a fair point. I was misreading what you said and inferring something that you did not say which was that same-gender parents are equally beneficial in all ways (not simply as it pertains to the poverty issue) to male-female parents. That's not what you said, so I was wrong to infer it.

post #1944 of 2706

In other news, it seems some people are simply dicks.

post #1945 of 2706
Quote:

This would be a VERY unpopular move.

Maybe.

Quote:

However, both these articles are pure speculation about what Obama will do. The only person quoted in both articles is an agent in Washington. Yes, this Agent works under the Obama Administration. No, this agent is NOT the Obama Administration. The gun has been jumped.

It should also be noted that the agent simply said that under federal law, possession and distribution is still a crime. This is (unfortunately) a fact. The agent did not give any pledge to enforce that law, and there is no indication as to whether they will.

The upcoming events will be interesting.

We will see. What we know to this point is that, under Obama, drug law enforcement has dramatically increased.

Quote:

I know you love to criticize Obama at every chance you get (and while claiming to be critical of both parties, oddly you rarely if ever criticize the Republicans), but let's leave the blame game until there's something to blame, shall we?

1rolleyes.gif

post #1946 of 2706
Quote:

IMF meeting in Tokyo.

Chinese banks are not attending because of the dispute they have created over some islands with Japan.

Hahahahahaha.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/20121009_04.html

That's how chinese works!
post #1947 of 2706

post #1948 of 2706
Quote:
This story was broken on that right wing mouthpiece Huffpo and featured as the main article for a day.
post #1949 of 2706
Quote:

This story was broken on that right wing mouthpiece Huffpo and featured as the main article for a day.

Ummm...okay1confused.gif

post #1950 of 2706

Rich leaving France:

Quote:
Flush French are fleeing the new government's attempts to repair France's public finances by increasing taxes on salaries, capital gains and household wealth. Among the controversial proposals in the 2013 draft budget is a 75% tax rate on salaries higher than $1.3 million, up from less than 50% currently. "Wealthy French are not that masochistic," says Mr. Jottras. The proposed taxes apply only to primary residents of France, however; those who buy a property as a vacation home and spend less than half the year in France will not be affected.

post #1951 of 2706
Quote:

Rich leaving France:

Wait, so taxation affects behavior?  Hmmm.  Whuda thunk it?

post #1952 of 2706

post #1953 of 2706
Quote:

You mean the site that is often accused by a certain spectrum of the population of only writing "hit-pieces" on Republicans and sugar-coating everything about Dems?

Yep.  They ran it prominently. 

post #1954 of 2706

North Korea succeeded in sending something into orbit atop of a now-functioning multi-stage rocket system, putting a large part of the Pacific within their reach.  They want to be able to reach Alaska, Hawaii or the west coast.

Japan is pretty irked by this.  The SDF (self defense forces) did a good job, as always.  The government's warning system (the hardware) finally worked right although the people running the system were slow.  Hopefully with the up-coming election these bums will be kicked out. 

post #1955 of 2706

Huffington Post is not right wing at all. It is more slanted to the Liberal position.I read this everyday.

post #1956 of 2706

NK's new rocket can reach the East Coast.

Is Fox going crazy out of fear?  

- - - - -

Speaking of fear:

Watched some clips from Fox yesterday and the negativity is amazing. It was beyond frightening imagining that people who obviously need psychiatric care are providing information to a large percentage of the populace.

Can only imagine what damage it has done to people who watch it regularly.  

post #1957 of 2706
Quote:

East? I think you mean West.

Quote:

Huh? Link?

post #1958 of 2706
Quote:

- - - - -

Speaking of fear:

Watched some clips from Fox yesterday and the negativity is amazing. It was beyond frightening imagining that people who obviously need psychiatric care are providing information to a large percentage of the populace.

Can only imagine what damage it has done to people who watch it regularly.  

What does that even mean?  Negativity towards what?  Or whom?  I watch some Fox, and I don't find it anymore "negative" than any other channel.  I had it on last night during the mall shooting coverage.  They were mostly just transmitting local coverage and summarizing what police and other personnel had said.   

Now, if you mean negative towards the President, that's another matter.  Their opinion shows are clearly not going to be positive in that regard, but that's no different than MSNBC on the Left.  

The only thing I might agree with is their coverage of the so-called "fiscal cliff."  I'd agree that's been quite negative in tone, but I don't see that as any different than other TV news outlets.  What did you find so objectionable?  

post #1959 of 2706
Quote:

A polar launch (like the US and Soviets had planned for many years and still do) would put DC within range of this thing or the next version. 

The launch pattern they chose (southerly) is more difficult than an easterly one, meaning they have fairly good control over the flight.  It went exactly where  they said it would.  And they did this in winter.  Korea is pretty cold at this time of year.  A heck of a lot colder than Florida ever gets for most NASA launches.

Fox should be telling its viewers to stock up on rations and build bunkers and buy gold.

Edited by Bergermeister - 12/12/12 at 3:20pm

post #1960 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Now, if you mean negative towards the President, that's another matter.  Their opinion shows are clearly not going to be positive in that regard, but that's no different than MSNBC on the Left.  

Surprise surprise.  The tired false equivalence that MSNBC and Fox News are analogously similar.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Miscellaneous News.