Originally Posted by BR
Surprise surprise. The tired false equivalence that MSNBC and Fox News are analogously similar.
They are substantially similar, but of course also have substantial differences. I take your meaning to be that somehow MSNBC is less biased towards the Left than Fox is the to the Right, and/or that it's coverage is somehow superior. But, you haven't stated that, so if it is in fact your argument, I'll let you make it on your own. As for me, I see the similarities being:
- They are both cable TV news networks with the backing of larger corporations (Fox and NBC, respectively...though NBC is now owned by Comcast).
- They both have opinion/analysis shows that express clear points of view (MSNBC being Left, Fox being Right).
- They both participate in personality-driven news, at least to an extent.
Now, the differences:
- Fox has many, many more viewers.
- Fox's opinion shows often include people with opposing points of view. MSNBC almost never has an actual conservative. Fox frequently has Juan Williams, Kirsten Powers, Tamara Holder, Geraldo Rivera, Bob Beckel, etc. I'm not saying the debate is always good...but they are there, and there consistently.
- MSNBC's "reporters" are often inject personal bias when "reporting news." I don't see this with Fox for the most part. Their news coverage is pretty straight, particularly in prime time.
- MSNBC often attacks conservatives personally. I think you'll be hard pressed to find even the most aggressive conservative on Fox do that. Even Hannity (with whom I often agree but drives me up the wall for many reasons) doesn't tend to personally attack liberals.
Originally Posted by Bergermeister
I get a taste of it every now and then on the Daily Show, but this was raw stuff and it was worse than I had thought. Much worse. And they weren't talking about Obama.
So you get your perception of Fox News from the Daily Show. Shocker.
What also is scary is that the conversation stays away from the rocket launch and focused only on Fox.
It's...scary? Hyperbole much?
Originally Posted by marvfox
Is this all you care about this nonsense from Apple where it is made.That is why we are in the shape we are in today in our country I see it now.
I think you may be on drugs, because I have no idea what you are talking about.