or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Miscellaneous News.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Miscellaneous News. - Page 50

post #1961 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

The tired false equivalence that MSNBC and Fox News are analogously similar.

 

lol.gif

 

I think BR has officially jumped the shark here by tossing out his (tired) "false equivalency" charge in the least applicable case.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1962 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

A polar launch (like the US and Soviets had planned for many years and still do) would put DC within range of this thing or the next version.

 

Okay. I see. But it's only DC.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Fox should be telling its viewers to stock up on rations and build bunkers and buy gold.

 

Well buying gold s not a bad idea, but not because of what North Korea might do. Ben Bernanke is printing money like it's going out of style.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1963 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Surprise surprise.  The tired false equivalence that MSNBC and Fox News are analogously similar.

 

I get a taste of it every now and then on the Daily Show, but this was raw stuff and it was worse than I had thought.  Much worse.  And they weren't talking about Obama.

 

What also is scary is that the conversation stays away from the rocket launch and focused only on Fox.  

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #1964 of 2683

A Chinese government plane (not military) violated Japanese airspace today... and sent out a message for others to stay away from Chinese territory.

 

Hope Apple gets that US factory online soon.  I want to ask for a machine assembled in the US.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #1965 of 2683

Is this all you care about this nonsense from Apple where it is made.That is why we are in the shape we are in today in our country I see it now.
 

post #1966 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Surprise surprise.  The tired false equivalence that MSNBC and Fox News are analogously similar.

 

They are substantially similar, but of course also have substantial differences.  I take your meaning to be that somehow MSNBC is less biased towards the Left than Fox is the to the Right, and/or that it's coverage is somehow superior.  But, you haven't stated that, so if it is in fact your argument, I'll let you make it on your own.   As for me, I see the similarities being: 

 

  • They are both cable TV news networks with the backing of larger corporations (Fox and NBC, respectively...though NBC is now owned by Comcast).  
  • They both have opinion/analysis shows that express clear points of view (MSNBC being Left, Fox being Right). 
  • They both participate in personality-driven news, at least to an extent.  

 

 

Now, the differences:  

 

  • Fox has many, many more viewers.  
  • Fox's opinion shows often include people with opposing points of view.  MSNBC almost never has an actual conservative.  Fox frequently has Juan Williams, Kirsten Powers, Tamara Holder, Geraldo Rivera, Bob Beckel, etc.  I'm not saying the debate is always good...but they are there, and there consistently.  
  • MSNBC's "reporters" are often inject personal bias when "reporting news."   I don't see this with Fox for the most part.  Their news coverage is pretty straight, particularly in prime time.  
  • MSNBC often attacks conservatives personally.  I think you'll be hard pressed to find even the most aggressive conservative on Fox do that.  Even Hannity (with whom I often agree but drives me up the wall for many reasons) doesn't tend to personally attack liberals.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

 

I get a taste of it every now and then on the Daily Show, but this was raw stuff and it was worse than I had thought.  Much worse.  And they weren't talking about Obama.

 

So you get your perception of Fox News from the Daily Show.  Shocker.  

 

 

Quote:
What also is scary is that the conversation stays away from the rocket launch and focused only on Fox.

 

It's...scary?  Hyperbole much?  

  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Is this all you care about this nonsense from Apple where it is made.That is why we are in the shape we are in today in our country I see it now.
 


I think you may be on drugs, because I have no idea what you are talking about.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #1967 of 2683

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1968 of 2683

Your assertion is based on the assumption that Obama is a Liberal.

 

Liberals are against Obama's foreign policy. Period.

 

Real Liberals, anyway.

post #1969 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Your assertion is based on the assumption that Obama is a Liberal.

 

 

Actually, I wasn't even thinking of Obama here. I was thinking of the filmmakers and reviewers and approvers and apologists for the film.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Real Liberals, anyway.

 

Got it.

 

I'll be sure to remember that there are "real" liberals when you are categorizing who you think are "conservatives" and "libertarians."

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1970 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Your assertion is based on the assumption that Obama is a Liberal.

 

Liberals are against Obama's foreign policy. Period.

 

Real Liberals, anyway.

 

Yes, and real liberals demonstrated these deeply-held convictions by voting against Obama just last month, right?

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #1971 of 2683

Rice withdraws name from Sec State consideration.

 

The Repugs just couldn't have a strong, black, woman.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #1972 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Rice withdraws name from Sec State consideration.

 

The Repugs just couldn't have a strong, black, woman.

 

Indeed.

 

1rolleyes.gif

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1973 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Rice withdraws name from Sec State consideration.

 

The Repugs just couldn't have a strong, black, woman.

 

Yes, it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she misled the world about the Libyan terror attack on Sept. 11.

 

This post is a good example of why liberals are not trusted, and thus have to run from even being called liberals in general society.

 

Everyone knows that when faced with unpleasant news or facts, their first instinct is to lie.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #1974 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

 

Yes, it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she misled the world about the Libyan terror attack on Sept. 11.

 

This post is a good example of why liberals are not trusted, and thus have to run from even being called liberals in general society.

 

Everyone knows that when faced with unpleasant news or facts, their first instinct is to lie.

 

And claim racism and sexism...or both.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1975 of 2683

Russia says Assad's time is almost up.

 

Yeah, Russia.

 

Finally.

 

Now if China would (1) get real and (2) put pressure on North Korea.

 

Yeah, I dream.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #1976 of 2683

Or they ignore reality and truth and pretend their claims haven't been deflated.

 

lol.gif

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1977 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Your assertion is based on the assumption that Obama is a Liberal.

Liberals are against Obama's foreign policy. Period.

Real Liberals, anyway.

Yes, and real liberals demonstrated these deeply-held convictions by voting against Obama just last month, right?
Just because Obama waan't the perfect candidate doesn't mean he wasn't the best candidate available for Liberals to vote for. Hillary is a war hawk too, but I'll support her if she's the Dem candidate. It's far too important to avoid the cataclysm of another Republican presidency, and that's all there is to it.
post #1978 of 2683

What is Obama a Socialist? A lot of people think this still.
 

post #1979 of 2683

Kerry will be much better than Rice. He has strong ties to many foreign countries and is well liked also.Hopefully he will be confirmed. You can never tell by these idiotic Republicans we are dealing with.

post #1980 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Just because Obama waan't the perfect candidate doesn't mean he wasn't the best candidate available for Liberals to vote for. Hillary is a war hawk too, but I'll support her if she's the Dem candidate. It's far too important to avoid the cataclysm of another Republican presidency, and that's all there is to it.

 

Oh I believe you think Obama was a better candidate than Romney. I have no trouble believing that.

 

What I'm really curious about is why people like you who claim to oppose only his "foreign policy" have suddenly gone silent when confronted with stuff like this.

 

Do you even remember your previous comments about how a certain President was evil because of his wiretapping misdeeds?

 

Did that President ever authorize DHS to promote the wiretapping of random citizens in local buses?

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #1981 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Just because Obama waan't the perfect candidate doesn't mean he wasn't the best candidate available for Liberals to vote for. Hillary is a war hawk too, but I'll support her if she's the Dem candidate. It's far too important to avoid the cataclysm of another Republican presidency, and that's all there is to it.

 

Oh I believe you think Obama was a better candidate than Romney. I have no trouble believing that.

 

What I'm really curious about is why people like you who claim to oppose only his "foreign policy" have suddenly gone silent when confronted with stuff like this.

 

Do you even remember your previous comments about how a certain President was evil because of his wiretapping misdeeds?

 

Did that President ever authorize DHS to promote the wiretapping of random citizens in local buses?


I think that's a terrible thing, a complete infringement of our rights, it should be illegal to access that data without a warrant, and Obama is still a better candidate than Romney.

post #1982 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post


I think that's a terrible thing, a complete infringement of our rights, it should be illegal to access that data without a warrant...

 

Nice of you to go on the record.

 

A bit more low key than the panicked frenzy you participated in while the Republican was in office, but nice nonetheless.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #1983 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Rice withdraws name from Sec State consideration.

 

The Repugs just couldn't have a strong, black, woman.

 

 

 

And it wasn't Benghazi.

 

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-mcmanus-susan-rice-20121216,0,3648203.column

 

 

A Republican Senate aide spelled out the situation for me more clearly, on condition he not be identified. "Voting for higher taxes is a tough vote," he said. "Opposing Susan Rice is a way to score points, even though it's a sideshow."

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #1984 of 2683

Rice was not that great to be made secretary of state. Kerry would be better.
 

post #1985 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Russia says Assad's time is almost up.

 

Yeah, Russia.

 

Finally.

 

Now if China would (1) get real and (2) put pressure on North Korea.

 

Yeah, I dream.

 

Well, we agree on something.  I'm assuming Russia thinks he will use chemical weapons.  If he does, they know we're going in.  I doubt they want that.  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Just because Obama waan't the perfect candidate doesn't mean he wasn't the best candidate available for Liberals to vote for. Hillary is a war hawk too, but I'll support her if she's the Dem candidate. It's far too important to avoid the cataclysm of another Republican presidency, and that's all there is to it.

 

Nah, not blindly partisan at all.  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Kerry will be much better than Rice. He has strong ties to many foreign countries and is well liked also.Hopefully he will be confirmed. You can never tell by these idiotic Republicans we are dealing with.

 

Have you noticed no one (and I mean NO one) takes you seriously?  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #1986 of 2683

South Korea elects a woman as president.

 

Why can all these other countries do this but in the "leader of the free world", the "greatest nation on earth" this simple act is elusive?  (That is changing, maybe...)

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #1987 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Why can all these other countries do this but in the "leader of the free world", the "greatest nation on earth" this simple act is elusive?

 

Lefties truly have no shame. Hey Berger, how did you treat the last female candidate to run on a U.S. Presidential ticket?

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #1988 of 2683

Keep dreaming this will never happen with China.
 

post #1989 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

 

Lefties truly have no shame. Hey Berger, how did you treat the last female candidate to run on a U.S. Presidential ticket?

 

How do they treat any Republican/Conservative woman?  

 

Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Kelly Ayotte, Mia Love, Susana Martinez, Nikki Haley, Kristi Noem.  The list goes on.  The ones that rise to prominence are absolutely destroyed by the Left.   They are the targets of the worst kind of misogyny imaginable.   And let's not even get started on black conservatives.  Both groups represent a mortal threat to the Democratic monopoly on women, blacks, etc.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #1990 of 2683

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/20/newt-gingrich-mitt-romney_n_2337895.html

 

Gingrich thinks he would have done better than Mittens in the election.

 

Heh.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #1991 of 2683

Sailors from the USS Ronald Reagan, which helped after the tsunami disaster in Japan, sue TEPCO and the Japanese government for radiation exposure.

 

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2012/12/28/u-s-sailors-file-suit-against-fukushima-nuclear-plant-operator/

 

More exposure than SDF service people and firefighters actually at the plant?  And why not sue the captain or the US for sending them there?  

 

The lawyer also said the carrier was two football fields away from the plant when it exploded.  That would have put the carrier in very shallow waters where it would not have been out of fear of another tsunami.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #1992 of 2683

Gingrich is a lot of hot air period. He is so controlled by his wife it is pathetic.
 

post #1993 of 2683

Why don't you take a flight to some far away location like Siberia and never come back.You are a miserable person!

post #1994 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Why don't you take a flight to some far away location like Siberia and never come back.You are a miserable person!

 

 

Who?

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #1995 of 2683

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #1996 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Let criminals know you're a soft target.

Hilarious comments. My friends post the stats about the dangers of gun ownership on facebook. If I wanted to troll them I'd ask what are the stats for a gun owner that double locks their firearms up and locks the ammo' up separately?
post #1997 of 2683

I meant dave not you. Don't get bent out of shape okay.
 

post #1998 of 2683
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

I meant dave not you. Don't get bent out of shape okay.
 

 

 

I didn't think you meant me.  It just wasn't clear to whom you were responding.  And I have a few regular posters here on my block list so I don't see what they are writing, for obvious reasons.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #1999 of 2683

Again I apologize.
 

post #2000 of 2683

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Miscellaneous News.