or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Miscellaneous News.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Miscellaneous News. - Page 6

post #201 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Ask trumpman about Ted Kennedy. Floorjack was making a judgement.

So we're not allowed to make judgments* about people who have died?

I hope a moderator will clear this up for us.

*All I saw was him reporting a fact about the man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack

Democrats Klansman Senator

He was a Democrat. No?
He was once a Klansman. No?
He was a Senator. No?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #202 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

So we're not allowed to make judgments* about people who have died?

I hope a moderator will clear this up for us.

*All I saw was him reporting a fact about the man.

Yes a fact from a better part of a century ago.

Yes let's ask Lundy.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #203 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I suggest you stop right there. Throwing dirt on someone who has just died is a reportable offense. He was a Klan memeber in his early 20's and recanted a long time ago ( he was 92 when he died ).
He also since has helped the civil rights movement.

I have a lot of respect for this man as he was the most vocal politician in washington that saw how wrong the invasion of Iraq was.

Any more and I will report it.


As Byrd said in 2001

Quote:
"My old mom told me, 'Robert, you can't go to heaven if you hate anybody.' We practice that. There are white niggers. I've seen a lot of white niggers in my time. I'm going to use that word. We just need to work together to make our country a better country, and I'd just as soon quit talking about it so much."

A great Democrat.
post #204 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

As Byrd said in 2001



A great Democrat.

No comment.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #205 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Throwing dirt on someone who has just died is a reportable offense. He was a Klan memeber in his early 20's and recanted a long time ago ( he was 92 when he died )....

Would you be so magnanimous if Robert Byrd was a Republican? I somehow doubt it... Byrd was not just a member of the KKK but a Klan leader, referred to as a Kleagle or recruiter. Moreover not only did Byrd filibuster the civil rights laws but he voted against both African American supreme court justice nominees... so his racism continued through his life... as did his ego... you can't swing a dead cat in West Virginia without hitting a Robert Byrd bridge, Robert Byrd interstate, or Robert Byrd outhouse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

He also since has helped the civil rights movement.

So did Strom Thurmond late in life... but when Thurmond died liberals savaged him with abandon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I have a lot of respect for this man as he was the most vocal politician in washington that saw how wrong the invasion of Iraq was.

Yet somehow the invasion of Vietnam received Byrd's full support... interesting!
post #206 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

So did Strom Thurmond late in life... but when Thurmond died liberals savaged him with abandon...

Wait, wait. That cannot be. Liberals tell us we're to speak ill of the dead. Like Teddy Kennedy or Robert Byrd for example.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Yet somehow the invasion of Vietnam received Byrd's full support... interesting!

Wait, wait. That cannot be. Liberals are opposed to war. Well, unless it is their war.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #207 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Ask trumpman about Ted Kennedy. Floorjack was making a judgement.

Actually I wasn't temp banned for making a judgment about Kennedy. Whatever happened with regard to that was simply outside of the posting guidelines and I merely attributed it to the fact that no human is perfect and we all have our biases.

If anything what I did might be described as dancing on someone's grave or celebrating their demise. While that isn't against the posting guidelines, I can see how people with their own prejudices might react to it as poor form.

Celebrating and judging are in no form the same thing so please feel free to report away. I'm sure some parties might be inclined to return the favor.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #208 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Actually I wasn't temp banned for making a judgment about Kennedy. Whatever happened with regard to that was simply outside of the posting guidelines and I merely attributed it to the fact that no human is perfect and we all have our biases.

If anything what I did might be described as dancing on someone's grave or celebrating their demise. While that isn't against the posting guidelines, I can see how people with their own prejudices might react to it as poor form.

Celebrating and judging are in no form the same thing so please feel free to report away. I'm sure some parties might be inclined to return the favor.

Yes it is poor form and immature. As far as reporting on me I'm sure they could find something. What they won't find is me dancing on someone's grave.

No matter who it is.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #209 of 2686
Obama's election mastermind: GOP win 'plausible':

Quote:
Architects of President Obama's 2008 victory are braced for potentially sizable Democratic losses in November's midterm elections. But they say voters' unease about a GOP takeover will help their party maintain congressional majorities.


Quote:
Independent projections show Republicans in range of winning the 39 additional seats they need to regain power in the House. Taking control of the Senate appears more difficult: Republicans would have to win virtually all the competitive races. But Democrats still are likely to return in January with their majority in the Senate significantly diminished.

Economic discontent remains the biggest threat to the Democrats' political prospects this fall. The issue has become more acute with growing fears that the economy has lost steam in recent weeks. Friday's unemployment report will provide more evidence.


Quote:
His team also said it must aggressively rebut Republicans' arguments that the president's policies have led to excessive growth of government spending and regulation. "If we allow a Republican Party that took a $237 billion surplus and turned it into a $1.3 trillion deficit over eight years to masquerade as the party of fiscal responsibility, then shame on us," Axelrod said.

If the Republicans allow the Democrats to lie and claim that the $1.3T deficit was not the responsibility of the Democrats, then shame on the Republicans.


Quote:
Obama's strategists have been analyzing the state of the electorate and have concluded that the path for Democrats is treacherous but that there is room for improvement before November. They must woo back some independent voters who have defected since 2008 while boosting turnout beyond historical patterns for midterm elections among the millions of new or irregular voters who were energized by Obama's campaign.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #210 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Obama's election mastermind: GOP win 'plausible':









If the Republicans allow the Democrats to lie and claim that the $1.3T deficit was not the responsibility of the Democrats, then shame on the Republicans.

You forgot this part which is the actual lean of the article :

Quote:
I think the prospect of a Republican takeover — while not likely, but plausible — will be very much part of the dynamic in October, and I think that will help us with turnout and some of this enthusiasm gap," said David Plouffe, who was Obama's campaign manager two years ago and is helping to oversee Democratic efforts this fall. Still, he put all Democrats on notice, saying: "We'd better act as a party as if the House and the Senate and every major governor's race is at stake and in danger, because they could be."

Plouffe and other Democratic strategists say Obama will play an important role in making the case that the Republican Party is one of obstruction and indifference. But they think the outcome in November will depend as much on the skill of candidates in mobilizing potential supporters who are now disinclined to vote.

Independent projections show Republicans in range of winning the 39 additional seats they need to regain power in the House. Taking control of the Senate appears more difficult: Republicans would have to win virtually all the competitive races. But Democrats still are likely to return in January with their majority in the Senate significantly diminished.

There.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #211 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You forgot this part which is the actual lean of the article :



Well I wasn't concerned with the the "lean" of the article as much as seeing some interesting perspectives from the article. And nothing you quoted alters the stuff I quoted. Things look tough for Obama & Co. in November.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #212 of 2686
Thread Starter 
I don't why (kinda do), but this cracked me up-

"Hyperspectral images of a draft of the Declaration of Independence reveal that it originally used the word 'subjects' instead of 'citizens' at a critical juncture. After writing "our fellow subjects," author Thomas Jefferson scrubbed it out and replaced it with the familiar alternative."
~ http://www.boingboing.net/2010/07/03...-of-indep.html

What's the word I'm looking for, premonition?
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #213 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I don't why (kinda do), but this cracked me up-

"Hyperspectral images of a draft of the Declaration of Independence reveal that it originally used the word 'subjects' instead of 'citizens' at a critical juncture. After writing "our fellow subjects," author Thomas Jefferson scrubbed it out and replaced it with the familiar alternative."
~ http://www.boingboing.net/2010/07/03...-of-indep.html

What's the word I'm looking for, premonition?

How about "old habit"? \
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #214 of 2686
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

How about "old habit"? \

That's what I thought too, just a mistake.....but imagine if it wasn't...imagine if he thought "Mine all mine!" Just kidding.

Reading the comments there it does seem that "subjects" was at that time actually the right word to use. I'm not 100% sure though and am curious, if it was right, why it was changed. I guess this could be America's first case of PR spin.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #215 of 2686
Latest Obama Insanity =>

NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World
Published July 05, 2010 | FoxNews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...tions-muslims/
NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said in a recent interview that his "foremost" mission as the head of America's space exploration agency is to improve relations with the Muslim world.

post #216 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Latest Obama Insanity =>

NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World
Published July 05, 2010 | FoxNews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...tions-muslims/
NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said in a recent interview that his "foremost" mission as the head of America's space exploration agency is to improve relations with the Muslim world.


BASTARDS!!!

Better relations??????? WTF????? Scum......

You're right - his mission should be to kill these ragheads...or at least send them up into space or something....

Utter scum Nasa and Obama.... a bunch of pinko commie fags.....God Bless America....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #217 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

BASTARDS!!!

Better relations??????? WTF????? Scum......

You're right - his mission should be to kill these ragheads...or at least send them up into space or something....

Utter scum Nasa and Obama.... a bunch of pinko commie fags.....God Bless America....

And... segue to the right-wing extremist thread...
post #218 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

And... segue to the right-wing extremist thread...

And the poster cannot even argue that it is out of NASA's purview because the article makes it pretty clear that any Mars mission needs co-operation across the board: ie the US can no longer solely fund such enormous spending as is required for such a space program so co-operation with other economies is paramount.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #219 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

And the poster cannot even argue that it is out of NASA's purview because the article makes it pretty clear that any Mars mission needs co-operation across the board: ie the US can no longer solely fund such enormous spending as is required for such a space program so co-operation with other economies is paramount.

NASA's primary focus is space exploration not becoming chummy with radical entities that practice stoning women... this is simply more garbage from the diversity police at Obama & Co. NASA should reject the policy...
post #220 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

NASA's primary focus is space exploration not becoming chummy with radical entities that practice stoning women... this is simply more garbage from the diversity police at Obama & Co. NASA should reject the policy...

Wait....I thought the Saudis were a key US ally?

Why do you hate America?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #221 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Wait....I thought the Saudis were a key US ally?

Do try to follow along sonny... we are speaking about a federal program that advances outreach to a radical religious sect, not coalitions between nations...
post #222 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Do try to follow along sonny... we are speaking about a federal program that advances outreach to a radical religious sect, not coalitions between nations...

So alliances with barbaric regimes that stone women are ok just as long as they don't impinge on a space program?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #223 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

So alliances with barbaric regimes that stone women are ok just as long as they don't impinge on a space program?

If Christianity and Judeoism were fostering such barbaric practices I strongly doubt the Agency would be setting up outreach efforts to those religious followers...

Wait... I thought you atheistic liberals were against the mixing of Church & State... something about "separation of Church and State" you progressives ramble about... you plan to protest Obama's plan for NASA here?
post #224 of 2686
TSA to Block "Controversial Opinion" on the Web:

Quote:
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is blocking certain websites from the federal agency's computers, including halting access by staffers to any Internet pages that contain a "controversial opinion," according to an internal email obtained by CBS News.

The email was sent to all TSA employees from the Office of Information Technology on Friday afternoon.

It states that as of July 1, TSA employees will no longer be allowed to access five categories of websites that have been deemed "inappropriate for government access."

The categories include:

• Chat/Messaging

• Controversial opinion

• Criminal activity

• Extreme violence (including cartoon violence) and gruesome content

• Gaming

The email does not specify how the TSA will determine if a website expresses a "controversial opinion."

There is also no explanation as to why controversial opinions are being blocked, although the email stated that some of the restricted websites violate the Employee Responsibilities and Conduct policy.

The TSA did not return calls seeking comment by publication time.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #225 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

If Christianity and Judeoism were fostering such barbaric practices I strongly doubt the Agency would be setting up outreach efforts to those religious followers...

That's because Judaic and Christian countries are mostly allies

What's going on here? Is anyone else confused?

Quote:
Wait... I thought you atheistic liberals were against the mixing of Church & State... something about "separation of Church and State" you progressives ramble about... you plan to protest Obama's plan for NASA here?

Umm... I'm an atheist? Obama-supporters?

I think there's a problem here........
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #226 of 2686
News you can't believe... now the White House trying to abort Africans and doing it illegally?

White House Backs Kenyan Constitution Allowing Abortion
By Tess Civantos
Published July 06, 2010 | FoxNews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...wing-abortion/
The Obama administration is offering incentives to Kenya to approve a controversial new constitution that would legalize abortion for the first time, promising that passage will "allow money to flow" into the nation's coffers, including U.S. aid. But there's a hitch to that pledge. A federal law known as the Siljander Amendment passed in 2006 makes it illegal for the U.S. government to lobby on abortion in other countries -- and three U.S. lawmakers say they want a federal investigation into the promises made by the administration.
post #227 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

News you can't believe... now the White House trying to abort Africans and doing it illegally?

White House Backs Kenyan Constitution Allowing Abortion
By Tess Civantos
Published July 06, 2010 | FoxNews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...wing-abortion/
The Obama administration is offering incentives to Kenya to approve a controversial new constitution that would legalize abortion for the first time, promising that passage will "allow money to flow" into the nation's coffers, including U.S. aid. But there's a hitch to that pledge. A federal law known as the Siljander Amendment passed in 2006 makes it illegal for the U.S. government to lobby on abortion in other countries -- and three U.S. lawmakers say they want a federal investigation into the promises made by the administration.

Maybe they just don't know their own rules?

http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/global...trictions.html
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #228 of 2686
It's amazing that with all the problems in the world to fix, this is what Obama wants to throw money at.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #229 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

News you can't believe... now the White House trying to abort Africans and doing it illegally?

White House Backs Kenyan Constitution Allowing Abortion
By Tess Civantos
Published July 06, 2010 | FoxNews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...wing-abortion/
The Obama administration is offering incentives to Kenya to approve a controversial new constitution that would legalize abortion for the first time, promising that passage will "allow money to flow" into the nation's coffers, including U.S. aid. But there's a hitch to that pledge. A federal law known as the Siljander Amendment passed in 2006 makes it illegal for the U.S. government to lobby on abortion in other countries -- and three U.S. lawmakers say they want a federal investigation into the promises made by the administration.

I think it's wrong for the US to jam their values down another countries throats.
post #230 of 2686
Thread Starter 
It turns out the rich are making the poor pay more for their mortgages to fund their own lavish lifestyles. Who'd have thought it.

"More than one in seven homeowners with loans in excess of a million dollars are seriously delinquent, according to data compiled for The New York Times by the real estate analytics firm CoreLogic.

By contrast, homeowners with less lavish housing are much more likely to keep writing checks to their lender. About one in 12 mortgages below the million-dollar mark is delinquent."
~ http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/09/bu...h.html?_r=2&hp
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #231 of 2686
Loans in excess of $1 million? Sound like they are people who tried to give the appearance of being rich. Most truly wealthy people understand how money works and therefore have very little or no debt.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #232 of 2686
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Loans in excess of $1 million? Sound like they are people who tried to give the appearance of being rich. Most truly wealthy people understand how money works and therefore have very little or no debt.

To a degree sure, but lots of those people will have thought that having a mortgage would be better than buying the house outright because of tax breaks etc.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #233 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

To a degree sure, but lots of those people will have thought that having a mortgage would be better than buying the house outright because of tax breaks etc.

You said what jazzguru said, just with different words. Think about it.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #234 of 2686
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

You said what jazzguru said, just with different words. Think about it.

No, jazzguru is saying that those who are doing this aren't truly rich whereas I am saying that isn't the case.

From the article-

"Though it is hard to prove, the CoreLogic data suggest that many of the well-to-do are purposely dumping their financially draining properties, just as they would any sour investment.

“The rich are different: they are more ruthless,” said Sam Khater, CoreLogic’s senior economist. The CoreLogic data suggest that the rich do not seem to have concerns about the civic good uppermost in their mind, especially when it comes to investment and second homes. Nor do they appear to be particularly worried about being sued by their lender or frozen out of future loans by Fannie Mae, possible consequences of default. The delinquency rate on investment homes where the original mortgage was more than $1 million is now 23 percent. For cheaper investment homes, it is about 10 percent.“ Those with high net worth have other resources to lean on if they get in trouble,” said Mr. Khater, the analyst. “If they’re going delinquent faster than anyone else, that tells me they are doing so willingly.” Willingly, but not necessarily publicly. The rapper Chamillionaire is a plain-talking exception. He recently walked away from a $2 million house he bought in Houston in 2006.

“I just decided to let it go, give it back to the bank,” he told the celebrity gossip TV show “TMZ.” “I just didn’t feel like it was a good investment.”

The rich and successful often come naturally to this sort of attitude, said Brent T. White, a law professor at the University of Arizona who has studied strategic defaults.

“They may be less susceptible to the shame and fear-mongering used by the government and the mortgage banking industry to keep underwater homeowners from acting in their financial best interest,” Mr. White said.



So it seems from the article that people who are rich and can afford their mortgage payments aren't paying them because they think that that's better financially. Of course some, like the article says have lost jobs etc, but many clearly just don't think it's a smart investment, so they stop paying.

Of course there are people who have billions etc but the people we're talking about here, many of them, are very well off, indeed rich.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #235 of 2686
So in addition to being a liar Obama is also a plagiarist:

Mort Zuckerman Admits He Helped Write One Of Obama's Speeches
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid..._speeches.html
post #236 of 2686
Here's a little something to briten your day.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38214127/ns/politics/

Quote:
Paul draws backlash to comments about poverty

Quote:
Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul says the poor in America are "enormously better off than the rest of the world," citing an old Cold War film that showed even impoverished homes had color televisions.

Quote:
The libertarian-leaning Paul addressed the issue of poverty by alluding to a decades-old, anti-American propaganda film by the Soviet government designed to criticize the free-market system.

Looks like it's still raining gasoline.


By the way here's a few more buckets : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38113979...more_politics/

Quote:
GOP chair Steele staying put despite latest gaffe
'Everyone is basically working around him,' says former Republican rep

And last but not least : http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...w-a-slush-fund

Quote:
Angle calls $20b BP escrow a 'slush fund'



Enjoy!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #237 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Here's a little something to briten your day.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38214127/ns/politics/


Looks like it's still raining gasoline.


By the way here's a few more buckets : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38113979...more_politics/


And last but not least : http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...w-a-slush-fund


Enjoy!

Is there a point to this post?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #238 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Is there a point to this post?

Well I'm guessing that what he thought would "briten" our day is news that Rand Paul and Michael Steele (and probably also Sharron Angle) are facing backlash over speaking the truth.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #239 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Is there a point to this post?

Just as much as the rest of the posts in this thread. I'm sure you don't like negative news aboutr political figures you may like. However fair is fair. I mean the titile's Not " Miscellaneous negative news about Obama and the Democrats " is it? Sorry if you don't like it.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #240 of 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Just as much as the rest of the posts in this thread. I'm sure you don't like negative news aboutr political figures you may like. However fair is fair. I mean the titile's Not " Miscellaneous negative news about Obama and the Democrats " is it? Sorry if you don't like it.

Not a like or dislike, just wondering whether there was a point. Did I use the work like or dislike?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Miscellaneous News.