or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Miscellaneous News.

Miscellaneous News. - Page 58

post #2281 of 2706

Yes, but Liberals never used bigotry and hate speech as an unspoken election platform.

post #2282 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yes, but Liberals never used bigotry and hate speech as an unspoken election platform.

Read a history book sometime.

The Democrats are the party of slavery, aborting minority children and booing the very mention of faith in their party platform.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #2283 of 2706

Of course I'm talking about the modern context. According to your logic, Christians are hate filled murderers because of the atrocities of the Crusades and the Inquisition.

post #2284 of 2706

I thought you'd try to move the goalposts (look up the word 'never' in the dictionary.)

Of course, the booing I mention took place in the very last election cycle, and the unspoken policy of advocating unchecked abortion to cull minority children continues to this day.

Or have you never checked where the overwhelming majority of the U.S.' abortion clinics are deliberated located?

The modern context indeed.

post #2285 of 2706

Anyone who says that the motivation behind advocating women's choice is racism is a big fucking liar. I have nothing to say to such people. That's the most absurd and hateful thing.

post #2286 of 2706

People who talk like that have nothing between their shoulders.No dam brains at all!

post #2287 of 2706
Quote:

They did and continue to do so. They just rationalize it away just like you are doing now.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2288 of 2706
Quote:

Anyone who says that the motivation behind advocating women's choice is racism is a big fucking liar. I have nothing to say to such people. That's the most absurd and hateful thing.

And anyone who doesn't see the strong historical connection between abortion (and abortion "rights") and eugenics is either ignorant or lying.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #2289 of 2706

Yep, that's it, turn reality on its head to obfuscate from the fact that between Liberals and Conservatives, we all know who the racists support and which party they belong to. There's no way to change those facts.

"Liberals am the racist party."

post #2290 of 2706
Quote:

Yep, that's it, turn reality on its head to obfuscate from the fact that between Liberals and Conservatives, we all know who the racists support and which party they belong to. There's no way to change those facts.

It is you who are quite literally turning reality on its head to obfuscate. The Democrats, their motives, their actions and their voters are well known and established. They never stopped being racist or sexist. They just showed others how to play the game and gave them permission to join in it.

post #2291 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Quote:

It is you who are quite literally turning reality on its head to obfuscate. The Democrats, their motives, their actions and their voters are well known and established. They never stopped being racist or sexist. They just showed others how to play the game and gave them permission to join in it.

Quote:

It is you who are quite literally turning reality on its head to obfuscate.

Trumpy I beg to differ with this.

Quote:

The Democrats, their motives, their actions and their voters are well known and established

Not since the Civil War! ( I saw " Lincoln " also!lol.gif )

Ah! Those were the days when they had Republicans I could vote for!1wink.gif

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #2292 of 2706
Quote:

The fact is that the Democrats are the party of abortion. No-one disputes this, not even blue dog Democrats.

Where are the abortion clinics primarily located in America? Who are the primary demographic targets for those clinics?

Who founded the nation's abortion movement? What were the self-described aims of the founders of that movement?

Are you really going to pretend the well-known answers to these questions aren't facts too?

"We know who the racists support and which party they belong to." Indeed.

post #2293 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Quote:

The fact is that the Democrats are the party of abortion. No-one disputes this, not even blue dog Democrats.

Where are the abortion clinics primarily located in America? Who are the primary demographic targets for those clinics?

Who founded the nation's abortion movement? What were the self-described aims of the founders of that movement?

Are you really going to pretend the well-known answers to these questions aren't facts too?

"We know who the racists support and which party they belong to." Indeed.

Oh come on Frank. Do you really believe that's what the pro abortion movement was all about?lol.gif

Why don't you spell it out for us so we can set you straight?1wink.gif

post #2294 of 2706

Face it both parties are full of shit. No one tells the truth any longer.

post #2295 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Not since the Civil War! ( I saw " Lincoln " also!lol.gif )

Ah! Those were the days when they had Republicans I could vote for!1wink.gif

Nice that you admit your knowledge comes from watching a screen rather than reading!

Don't forget that those nice Democrats filibustered the Civil Rights Act including Al Gore's daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Oh come on Frank. Do you really believe that's what the pro abortion movement was all about?lol.gif

Why don't you spell it out for us so we can set you straight?1wink.gif

Snarky rhetorical questions don't challenge anything.

Remember all those bad loans made by those mean, horrible and greedy banks who wanted to exploit poor people?

Look, it is round 2, and just like last time, look at the real cause for the bad lending.

Quote:
The Obama administration is engaged in a broad push to make more home loans available to people with weaker credit, an effort that officials say will help power the economic recovery but that skeptics say could open the door to the risky lending that caused the housing crash in the first place.

President Obama’s economic advisers and outside experts say the nation’s much-celebrated housing rebound is leaving too many people behind, including young people looking to buy their first homes and individuals with credit records weakened by the recession.

In response, administration officials say they are working to get banks to lend to a wider range of borrowers by taking advantage of taxpayer-backed programs — including those offered by the Federal Housing Administration — that insure home loans against default.

Housing officials are urging the Justice Department to provide assurances to banks, which have become increasingly cautious, that they will not face legal or financial recriminations if they make loans to riskier borrowers who meet government standards but later default.

Cycles, cycles, cycles indeed!

post #2296 of 2706
Quote:

Nice that you admit your knowledge comes from watching a screen rather than reading!

Worse yet a lie-filled propaganda film! It's a bit scary, though not terribly surprising, that some folks view "Lincoln" like it was some kind of documentary.

post #2297 of 2706
Quote:

Remember all those bad loans made by those mean, horrible and greedy banks who wanted to exploit poor people?

Look, it is round 2, and just like last time, look at the real cause for the bad lending.

Cycles, cycles, cycles indeed!

I don't bother answering posts from Run-And-Hide. But it's amazing to see that link.

It's like Washington has only one set of answers to economic questions, and they don't care about the fact that this answer has already proven wrong. Not to mention the fact that it took down the whole economy with it.

post #2298 of 2706

I believe in Abortion when it is necessary .Always blame the Liberals never the Republicans .

post #2299 of 2706

To the issue of abortion and to those who are 100% against it. What do you do in this situation a 16-year-old girl is brutally raped and beaten by a thug and she gets pregnant.

She barely survives and the doctors tell her that if she takes it to term the probability of her dying and the baby dying are extremely high, due to the injuries that she suffered from her assault.

What do you do you make the call.

post #2300 of 2706
"Won't happen. Women have a way to shut things down."

So the numbnit fuquad who makes that laughingly ignorant statement gets voted out of office.

Then he says "**** you all then, I'm taking your tax money with me" and gives all his staff a double salary raise for the remainder of his term.

What party allows that to happen?
post #2301 of 2706

Margaret Thatcher has died.

Breaking news on BBC now.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #2302 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Margaret Thatcher has died.

Breaking news on BBC now.

ding dong the witch is dead...

i know that to talk ill of the dead is considered tasteless but... I have nothing good to say about her as a former leader

post #2303 of 2706

I love it when the left shows us their true colors.

post #2304 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

And were you a teenager growing up in London during her fascist police state? Thought not.

post #2305 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungover View Post

And were you a teenager growing up in London during her fascist police state? Thought not.

Your circumstantial ad hominem aside, I'm just impressed by your mockery of another person's death. It helps us know how respectful, loving, kind, peace-loving and tolerant you are.

post #2306 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungover View Post

Quote:

I was, however, and I saw neither fascism nor a police state.

post #2307 of 2706
Quote:

Britons are well-known for celebrating death1smile.gif

post #2308 of 2706

I do not believe you.

post #2309 of 2706

North Korea continues its crazy antics.  Closed the joint factory area with SK.  Now is telling all foreigners in South Korea that they should leave for their safety.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/09/us-korea-north-idUSBRE93408020130409

Kim's grandfather's birthday anniversary is coming soon, and they will likely try to "celebrate" it in some manner... 

Lots of talk of a possible missile launch over the next several days.  US, Japan, Korea...  Aegis ships have deployed.  Other systems on alert.

Edited by Bergermeister - 4/9/13 at 9:38am

post #2310 of 2706

Another jerk I see here!

post #2311 of 2706

And in the US, the GOP continues to attempt to dumb the populace.

Yeah, sorta like the brief effort in Texas to prevent the teaching of critical thinking skills.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/08/mike-reynolds-education_n_3038157.html

- - - - -

Not entirely different:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/08/sarah-palin-melissa-harris-perry-lean-forward-ad_n_3038253.html

Edited by Bergermeister - 4/9/13 at 8:49am

post #2312 of 2706

‘Iraq's environmental catastrophe worse than Hiroshima’

Quote:
Over the ten years of occupation, Iraqi citizens have been developing alarmingly growing numbers of medical conditions, the Iraqi cardiologist, Dr. Omar al-Kubaisi, told RT’s Arabic-language sister channel Rusiya Al-Yaum.

RT: What is the nature of these conditions?

Dr. Omar al-Kubaisi: I’d like to start by saying thanks to the Rusiya Al Yaum TV channel for this opportunity. I would like to talk first about the general health status and then I’ll address your question about the medical conditions. The United States claimed to have been helping Iraq restore the country in all areas, such as education, through investments, but in fact the only real “help” that came from the US was their deployment of the weapons prohibited by the Geneva [Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques] on Iraqi soil.

This convention forbids the use of any weapons capable of changing the environment at the site of war including making changes to climate and water sources, which will affect the entire ecosystem. The events of 1991 and 2003 were nothing but catastrophic. They have deployed all sorts of weapons you could think of: cluster, white phosphorus, depleted uranium munitions, toxic gases and poisonous substances, in other words chemical weapons. All these types of weapons were used deliberately and massively. They were test-tried in Iraq and caused an environmental catastrophe worse than that of Hiroshima.

RT: Isn’t it an overstatement?

OK: Not in the slightest. This is not just my opinion. You can look it up on the Internet in the reports of the Human Rights Watch and the World Health Organization. Internationally acclaimed scientists have measured the levels of radiation which were found to be indicative of radiological contamination of Iraq’s southern, central and even some northern territories. And despite all the calls for attention and help published by the Iraqi scientists  – and I’d like to note that we have internationally recognized nuclear physicists and biologists in Iraq – despite all their effort no one, neither chemists, nor physicists, nor healthcare officials, nor the United States paid any attention.

Whereas these publications mentioned such things as a widespread environmental contamination resulting in a growing number of congenital deformities, miscarriages, all kinds of cancer cases, and increased levels of radiation throughout Iraq. And it wouldn’t be so bad if it were only about the US. The worst thing is that Maliki’s government and all occupation governments have been the first to crack down on those who speak about the chemical and radiological contamination.

RT: Why is that the case? Isn’t it the government’s duty to protect its people and undertake measures to eliminate contamination?

OK: I believe the government feels indebted to the occupants. All the ministers and officials are not free to talk openly about this problem. There is also a ban to publish any works or articles on this subject both here and in the United States. This ban was initiated by the US administration of the Pentagon and applies even to our scholars. But nonetheless, the information is available on the Internet, you can find publications on the contamination in Iraq and its effect on the population – and I’m not talking only about Fallujah or Basra.

There are very alarming numbers of spreading cancer cases and cases of congenital disorders. Average life expectancy of those citizens who were affected dropped by 30 years in 2010. A lethal outcome is predicted for 20% of Basra’s population. The number of breast cancer cases has grown by different assessments 15 or even 30 times. Cases of congenital heart disease have become 15 times more frequent, and cases of leukemia increased 30 times. The problem with these kind of tumors is that they can affect several different organs at a time. A person can have a brain tumor, kidney tumor and suffer from blood cancer at the same time. Another problem is that those kids who have already been exposed to radiation find it hard to handle re-irradiation. So we have a generation that has suffered losses.

RT: So we can conclude that it all has resulted in infected and damaged genes, right?

OK: No, genes of the Iraqi people are fine. However, chemical weapons and radioactive materials did have an impact on amino acids of the cell, which causes disorders and leads to cumulative hereditary diseases. The half-life of radioactive elements that were used in these weapons amounts to millions of years. Children of the people who were exposed to radiation in Hiroshima 50 years ago are now diagnosed with cancer and have congenital anomalies 30 times more often than is average across the country.

RT: So we can say that it has taken its toll on generations in Iraq?

OK: Cumulative effect lasts for hundreds of years. Air, soil and water – all of these can become contaminated. In Iraq they used depleted uranium weapons, and its particles remained on damaged military hardware that was abandoned: on the surface of tanks, cannons and motor vehicles. In a number of cases these pieces of hardware were left in the vicinity of inhabited areas. In case of explosion, molecules of depleted uranium are scattered, and, as they are smaller than a micron in size, they can be easily inhaled by a human. But once breathed in – they will stay in your respiratory organs.

USA Today magazine published results of research carried out by the US General of the Medical Corps on chest diseases among American soldiers. The research was carried out among the soldiers of the US Navy who had filed health compensation claims. The procedure of taking tissue samples from lungs and other organs showed there were particles of depleted uranium in them.

RT: How can this tragic situation be improved?

OK: Two years ago I told you it was necessary to measure radiation all over Iraq – back then it might cost over $60 billion. According to some research centers, reclamation of contaminated lands in Norway will now cost about $30-45 billion. But the amount of such areas in Norway is around 300, while in Iraq it amounts to thousands. Reclamation of each piece of land will cost $100-150.  You can do the math yourself. The state budget allocation for healthcare is 5-10%. First, you have to perform the area monitoring from the air, then you need to do the ground monitoring with the Geiger-Mueller counters. After that, you need to analyze soil and water to define the degree of contamination. The next step is to produce a general plan and start treating the soil. And this is a complex task. You either have to bury the contaminated layers very deep in the soil or move them to special landfills located far away from populated areas.

What the U.S. government has done to the country and people of Iraq is nothing short of an atrocity.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #2313 of 2706
Quote:

Your circumstantial ad hominem aside, I'm just impressed by your mockery of another person's death. It helps us know how respectful, loving, kind, peace-loving and tolerant you are.

Arrests at Thatcher death celebrations as shop windows smashed, police injured

post #2314 of 2706

Blue Angels cancel season thanks to sequestration.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-blue-angels-20130409,0,7687261.story

In the end, this may lower the number of kids who want to grow up to be pilots in future GOP wars and lead to greater world peace.  1wink.gif

Edited by Bergermeister - 4/9/13 at 9:51am

post #2315 of 2706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Blue Angels cancel season thanks to sequestration.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-blue-angels-20130409,0,7687261.story

White House throws concert despite sequester

post #2316 of 2706
Quote:

Why should I feign respect for someone whom I consider had a largely negative impact? 

It beggars belief that you conclude that someone is a left winger just because they don't like Thatcher: Would you accuse her fellow Tory party members of being lefties?

post #2317 of 2706

post #2318 of 2706

China does more trade than any other country, and within a few years their economy will surpass the US's in size, and quickly after that be twice as big. So one might think they're a nation of intelligent people? Well, not all of them are-

"A man in China's southeastern Guangdong province admitted himself to a local hospital after he reportedly got a live eel stuck inside him. According to British tabloid The Sun, the man inserted the 20-inch-long Asian swamp eel into his anus after seeing it done in a porn movie, and he had to endure all-night surgery to have it extracted.

According to a translation of Chinese news aggregation website Mop.com, the eel reportedly chewed through the man's colon, perforating his large intestine, and became stuck in his body cavity. A graphic X-ray image (seen below) shows how far inside the eel was when the man came in for treatment.

Medical team members reportedly said the eel, which was “simply trying to find its way out," was ALIVE when removed but died shortly thereafter. According to The Sun, the man is still recovering at the hospital and might face animal cruelty charges.

The Asian swamp eel -- also known as the rice eel or rice paddy eel -- is a snake-shaped fish that is commonly sold live at food markets in East Asian countries."

~ http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4880024/porn-addict-rushed-to-hospital-after-he-put-live-eel-up-bum.html

man eel up butt

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #2319 of 2706

post #2320 of 2706

And some would have us think that the IRS should be filling out our tax forms for us too.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Miscellaneous News.