or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › US Army leaders visit Apple campus to discuss future mobile devices
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

US Army leaders visit Apple campus to discuss future mobile devices - Page 4

post #121 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Having spent a few days at Raytheon's Methuen, MA facility, I would have to believe that the middle finger, flexed straight in the air, with the rest in closed fist arrangement, would be the correct gesture.

Like your signature line but shouldn't it be dysleXic as in being inflicted with dyslexia?
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #122 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHSTUD View Post

Obama uses a Blackberry. Did he screw up?

Don't you mean to ask, "Did everyone who's inside the Bilderberg Group screw up?"?
post #123 of 130
I believe it is essential to take Apple's manufacturing out of China. The Chinese military could easily compromise the electronics of ALL Apple products - civilian and MILITARY - enthralling each and every comms device sold by Apple/Cupertino.
post #124 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

While I think the recent military conflicts have a lot to be desired, I can only guess (imo) that you may have missed the page in the history books from a few decades ago about had the US not exercised its military might (including the draft), we might all be speaking German or Japanese right now in what would have been an even more dictatorial government. Thankfully, it's an opinion only which like you, I'm exercising my right to do so.

It's a tired argument to say that because WWII was a just war, then all wars are just wars. I've never met anyone, no matter how liberal/hippie/peacenik their views, who believes the U.S. shouldn't have entered WWII. I think the term for this type of argument is "straw man."

The original poster's distinction was between offensive and defensive wars. Personally, I feel a huge respect and gratitude for soldiers who fight to defend our land and people, and a huge dislike of leaders who waste their sacrifice on unnecessary, offensive actions -- and I don't think that's a contradiction.

As for Apple, I think it's natural to question their involvement given Steve Jobs's sometimes vocal personal values. But if the scene in Pirates of Silicon Valley where he ran through a peace rally to get to an R&D meeting is any indication, he's going to put his business before his politics!
post #125 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by echosonic View Post

to the rest of you anti-military pieces of shit: take your comments elsewhere. Every last member of the US military has signed an agreement to give their life, if necessary, for YOU, YOUR country, and YOUR Constitution, you ungrateful fucks.

If you don't like how they're used, then get off your dead hippie ass and take it up with your local ballot box, you goddamned spoiled little communist fucks.

that's MY opinion.

Calm down. And please reason a little before you post.

I have THE highest appreciation and respect for our armed forces. I bust my ass & give 1/3 of my income to help support you. What I don't have respect for is when our nation cuts our own troops off at the knees. If current trends continue stateside (political, social, economic), America's armed forces WILL be demobilized. We are rapidly becoming a nation unworthy of the world's finest military Even the best solider/airman/seaman/Marine cannot perform their mission when their own nation cannot support them.

BTW I have taken it up with the local ballot box. My people lost last time around. Perhaps this fall & 2012 will give us a chance to correct things.

Sorry that this spoiled ungrateful communist fsck couldn't do better.
post #126 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by hezekiahb View Post

Next time someone threatens the US I say you go talk to them.

That worked well for Neville Chamberlain...
post #127 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcomer View Post

The iPad is most definitely not Solider proofed!

Yeah, the Army really has a thing for concrete floors and having you pack way too much stuff in a wall locker. My Kindle survived a pretty good drop, but it's popped open at the seam, which is pretty annoying.
post #128 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlomedia View Post

It's a tired argument to say that because WWII was a just war, then all wars are just wars. I've never met anyone, no matter how liberal/hippie/peacenik their views, who believes the U.S. shouldn't have entered WWII. I think the term for this type of argument is "straw man."

There has been a vigorous anti-war movement drawing from both sides of the isle during every war in US history, including WWII, and isolationism was the political norm up until WWI. The belief that we knew about Pearl Harbor still persists and is a good historical parallel to the extremely widespread belief that the US perpetrated 9/11. Incidentally, one of the most vociferous arguers against US involvement in WWII is Pat Buchanan, though his politics are about as fringe as you can get.

So a better argument would be that every war the US has been involved in has been thoroughly debated through the best the democratic process can offer.
post #129 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby509 View Post

Yeah, the Army really has a thing for concrete floors and having you pack way too much stuff in a wall locker. My Kindle survived a pretty good drop, but it's popped open at the seam, which is pretty annoying.

Have a safe tour of duty. While not every one supports the US involvement in Iraq, we all should support the troops who put their lives in harms way. Thanks
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #130 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

What? You'd rather they use a Microsoft product? (Cue the 'blue screen of death' jokes)...

LOL!

"We have him on target sir. Awaiting your orders to--- Oh wait, oh awwwww!" "Try control alt delete!"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › US Army leaders visit Apple campus to discuss future mobile devices