or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple offers guided tours of iPad software with new videos

Apple offers guided tours of iPad software with new videos - Page 4

post #121 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

You'll definitely get gawkers. I remember when the original iPhone came out and a month later I went on a cruise around the Baltic. EVERYONE (including TSA at the airports) commented or asked about it. It was kinda cool at first, but got old after a week.

Let's hope it won't be like the MacBook Air fiasco that caused at least one flyer to miss their flight.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/10/t...uses-owner-to/
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #122 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGr View Post

Would it have been that difficult to actually include this program in the bundle with the iPad? Would Apple have taken that big of a financial hit to include a necessary bit of software?

The "nickel and dime" routine is a bit tiresome.

Does iWork come free with any Mac?
No.

Will every iPad customer need or even want iWork?
No.

One interesting thing to note, iWork for iPad puts a line in the sand. The three applications look smooth, polished and pretty full featured. At $ 9.99 for each app, other developers have a high bar to cross if they want their own apps to be successful.
post #123 of 125
Quote:

You'll definitely get gawkers. I remember when the original iPhone came out and a month later I went on a cruise around the Baltic. EVERYONE (including TSA at the airports) commented or asked about it. It was kinda cool at first, but got old after a week.

During the mid-'80s I had a job where I needed a computer but they would not supply one, so I brought my personal Mac into the office. It was difficult to get work done for all the gawkers. As you say, it gets old in a hurry -- but I did finally get them to buy some Macs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Let's hope it won't be like the MacBook Air fiasco that caused at least one flyer to miss their flight.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/10/t...uses-owner-to/

Now there's a cheerful thought.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #124 of 125
Quote:

I still fondly remember the week I spent in Paris -- the first week of iPhone's existence (the original). People everywhere went nuts over the 'eephunne'! It was quite something to sit in the lobby of the Paris Hilton (!) to access free wi-fi and watch the crowds gather to gawk. Not kidding at all.

Of course, I came back home, and a few weeks later, got a $1800 bill from ATT (remember those days?), which they reduced to $300 after much haggling and threatening...... \
post #125 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

Does iWork come free with any Mac?
No.

Will every iPad customer need or even want iWork?
No.

One interesting thing to note, iWork for iPad puts a line in the sand. The three applications look smooth, polished and pretty full featured. At $ 9.99 for each app, other developers have a high bar to cross if they want their own apps to be successful.

True and true.

Macs used to ship with AppleWorks back in the day. Though at times I wish they shipped with iWork for free, not everybody wants the apps.

At 9.99 a pop, these are really a high bar. I was happy when Omni said they were going to prep all of their apps for the iPad, but shocked when I saw somewhere that they were going to be pricing them at around 50 bucks. I certainly hope that isn't true.

I wonder if the pricing could eventually carry over to computers and we could see a reduction in the cost for apps across the board. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple offers guided tours of iPad software with new videos