Originally Posted by s4mb4
front facing camera for what??? at&t's 3g network can barely handle regular calls... how and the h3ll will it handle data and voice simultaneously?
Originally Posted by Ireland
Exactly. Besides, talking on the phone is way more efficient and a nicer experience.
Let me see if I can envision how this would work.Scenario One:
1) you get a call from that cute girl... her beautiful likeness is displayed on your phone (and conversely, yours on her phone).
2) you want to whisper sweet nothings to each other so you both put the phones to your ears for a private conversation.
3) through the corner of your eye, you can just barely strain to see the other's earhole in magnificent color and full closeup splendor.Scenario Two:
1) you get a call from someone (as above) and want to hold a conversation while visually verifying that the other person is who she says she is, and that she is alone (and vice versa)
2) you each hold the phone 18 inches in front of your face and yell at it so the other person* can see and hear you.
* and anyone else unfortunate to be nearby
I can see it now... a restaurant full of realtors (or similar sales people) all sitting around chatting up their clients by spewing at their phones
Reminds me of my dear, late grandma Kate. She had poor hearing and had a then (1950) state-of-the-art hearing aid. It was about the size and weight of a 1-gen iPod. To carry it on her person, she would insert it in her bodice (the only practical place).
This normally worked fine. However, sometimes it would act finicky. Picture a very proper lady, in public, digging down the front of her dress, pulling out the hearing aid, holding it in front of her face and yelling: "Hello, hello... testing, one, two, three, four testing"...
Ah, fond memories!