or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iTunes: Video Window is Missing

iTunes: Video Window is Missing

post #1 of 9
Hey, I have iTunes set up to play videos in a separate window, but for some reason whenever I start a video (movie, tv show, video podcast, etc.) the audio plays, but there's no video window. HD or SD. I updated to iTunes 9.1 yesterday, and there were no problems yesterday, but today it just stopped working for no reason. Anyone know of a fix?
post #2 of 9
Have you tried toggling the pref to another format (full screen or in iTunes window), seeing if that works, then toggling back to separate window?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #3 of 9
I've done that on each option, multiple times, no success.

Also, if I choose play in artwork viewer, the video doesn't play in the artwork viewer, I just see the album art. Not sure if this is normal.

Also, whenever I select the name of the film in the window top bar section, there's no checkmark like is normally seen when you're in the chosen window. Also, expose doesn't work, I see all windows except the current playing video.

I am now forced to watch my iTunes movies in the iTunes window, and I HATE IT! X_X! It's not what I'm used to, I like browsing the iTunes Store while watching TV...sigh. I'm sorry if I sound infuriating or picky...I'm an Apple Guy because I love that everything works together seamlessly, and now it's not working
post #4 of 9
I've got something similar going on here. When the video plays, I hear it but there is no video window. If I select full screen, the video plays normally but when I leave full screen mode, the video window remains gone. It's weird and I have not figure it out yet.
post #5 of 9
I just deleted my iTunes preference files and now the video window is back. However, the View>Video size menu is grayed out while a movie is playing and not grayed out when no movie is playing...
post #6 of 9
Yes chabig, that was EXACTLY what I have now. I'm hesitant to try deleting the preference files because I need view>video size when I'm watching an HD video...argh!
post #7 of 9
Yup. Same here.
post #8 of 9
I can listen to the video playing but theres no video window showing, even if I try to go to full screen mode, it does nothing.
post #9 of 9
I have this exact issue and deleted my itunes preferences several times. Then I remembered that quicktime, NOT itunes is responsible for all video on a mac. So I deleted the quicktime preferences (I just deleted all of them instead of playing so I don't know which one for sure).

So far everything is working well.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iTunes: Video Window is Missing