Here's my thoughts after playing around for the weekend:
1. The AirVideo iPhone app works VERY well. Streamed video from my HTPC in 2x mode looks HD quality. Amazing.
2. The iPad is "magic." Form factor. All the usual awesome stuff about how small it is...Blah blah blah.
3. I have no problem typing on it. I can probably type 75% as fast as on a real keyboard right not (i.e. with very little practice). I expect that to get close to normal after a few weeks. I've also noticed much less hand fatigue than when using my laptop keyboard/touchpad.
4. Battery is amazing. Used it all day without charging. Not a crazy "test", but a real world use. Some apps, some YouTube, some ABC, some surfing. With brightness on pretty high...
5. iBooks is pretty cool, as is the Kindle App. Right now, Kindle has a bigger selection, and you can read books you buy there on your iPhone as well, which to me, is an advantage...not sure Apple is going to win this one...
6. Marvel app is amazing. I've never been a huge comics fan before, but this has changed my mind 100%. Can I get comics from all publishers this way, please?
1. Many of the iphone apps suck at 2x. Particularly Dropbox, which I use heavily to study school notes from. There is an alternative dropbox app (box.net, or something?) but I'm not worrying about it just yet. Facebook app is also terrible at 2x.
2. Browsing issues. We've had 2. Was trying to change my profile pic in facebook (on safari) and facebook asks you to crop your picture how you want it. Well, that's not working. Also, some family sent us a cute video clip on Picasa, and it wouldn't play on the iPad, because it's Flash...no biggie, we just watched it on the big PC...
3. Keyboard layout is slightly different from normal. It's taking some getting used to the fact that the enter key is now immediately to the right of the L key. The punctuation is moved to another page (like on the iPhone. That slows me down a bit for now. It'll just take some getting used to. I do think I'll prefer touch typing though, when all is said and done.
4. iBooks selection still kinda sucks. It'll take some time.
5. Some apps are a bit buggy. USA Today crashed a couple of times. Just kicked me out of the app...no biggie. I'm sure this will improve as time goes on.
6. Sound could be better, but what do you expect. It actually sounds pretty good for what it is. Haven't tried any real music yet...mostly been watching videos.
Overall, I love it. I got this one for my wife, figuring that it certainly would do what she needed it to do. I'm now ordering one for myself. It's that good. Really.