or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Sources reveal specs of Apple's MacBook Pro refresh
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sources reveal specs of Apple's MacBook Pro refresh - Page 3

post #81 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post

wow, did they get rid of one of the USB ports???

yep, they did. my MBP has 3....

For awhile now. My June 09 15" only has two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark80 View Post

Gutted that the 13" wont get any i3/i5 treatment... I've been waiting since January

There is no compelling reason that I can see to get a 13" MBP over a 13" MB.

I was also hoping they would take the opportunity of having the store down to put up foreign iPad pricing.
post #82 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by success View Post

wow...yawn.. macbook is almost the same as my 2007 MacBook. Oops, already said that

Btw, 512B is TINY!!!! I used up my 1TB within a couple of months downloading music alone.

All laptops should come with 1TB stock.

wow how the hell can you afford 1TB worth of music?
post #83 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by markk View Post

wow how the hell can you afford 1TB worth of music?

He must use the five finger discount Or he could be downloading a lot of fan-recorded live albums un FLAC
post #84 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by markk View Post

wow how the hell can you afford 1TB worth of music?

How the hell can I afford (not to)?

Btw, if you convert a regular length CD to FLAC it's about 700mb. With all the box sets/greatest hits etc you can imagine how quickly 1TB would get used up.

Not that I convert CDs. I "pirate" them. But my friends sometimes convert them.
post #85 of 89
You can't get the 15" anti-glare in stores ! You have to wait for them to ship.
post #86 of 89
Soooo glad that I didn't cancel my Vaio order. These updates are a joke.
post #87 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitespecter View Post

Soooo glad that I didn't cancel my Vaio order. These updates are a joke.

Totally agree. The performance improvement is very small for the length of time we've waited for these. I appreciate CPU supply was to blame, but still.

As usual, no sign of a spec for the SSDs they're supplying. I was horrified when I got an Xserve with an Apple SSD and it had the performance of a 2007 SSD. About 90MB/s. Pathetic by 2009 standards and simply embarrassing by 2010 standards.
post #88 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheinside View Post

Totally agree. The performance improvement is very small for the length of time we've waited for these. I appreciate CPU supply was to blame, but still.

As usual, no sign of a spec for the SSDs they're supplying. I was horrified when I got an Xserve with an Apple SSD and it had the performance of a 2007 SSD. About 90MB/s. Pathetic by 2009 standards and simply embarrassing by 2010 standards.

I feel the same, this update is a joke and is severely overpriced. The graphics improvement is close to null going from a 9600 to a GT 330M, the RAM is ultra expensive and the 1680 resolution is in option for a 1800 laptop...
If I had to buy something, it would be the Macbook pro 17 with i7, 500GB HDD and anti-glare. That's almost a 2500 piece of hardware!!!!!!! A corresponding Vaio is around 1400 and more powerful Asus (the G73jh) is starting around 1500 with i7.
these macbooks are only worth the shot if you REALLY need the very long battery life.
post #89 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by markk View Post

wow how the hell can you afford 1TB worth of music?

Music thievery!
Apple is looking for product testers. http://www.apple-product-testing.com
Reply
Apple is looking for product testers. http://www.apple-product-testing.com
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Sources reveal specs of Apple's MacBook Pro refresh