or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Still no pre-orders outside the USA

Still no pre-orders outside the USA

post #1 of 9
Well the Apple Store was updated today and I hoped that the iPad would then appear in the UK Store for pre-order - alas it was not to be.

With Apple still quoting 'Late April' for the arrival of the iPad in the UK, it would seem they don't want us to pre-order, after all there are only just over 2 weeks left in April.

Perhaps the delay is due to the fact that the UK release is supposed to include all models (WiFi and WiFi/3G), and they are not sure if they are able to meet the delivery date yet.

You would think they would be able to come up with something a little more solid than 'Late April', with only 2 weeks to go.

We don't even know the UK prices yet!
Strange really as the UK Apple web page says:

"A magical and revolutionary product at an unbelievable price".

So unbelievable they don't want to tell us what it is!
post #2 of 9
I'm in almost the same boat here in Hong Kong. I will definitely be buying the 64GB WiFi model as soon as it's here. But I'm lucky, because I know what the price will be. Same as the US price, without tax, as it always is here.

I just wish we had a date.
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I just wish we had a date.

Monday May 10th.

(crying eyes out smiley)

C.
post #4 of 9
Japan's page has been updated to say the iPads will go on sale in the latter half of May, not the end of April. Pre-orders will be allowed from May 10.

My local reseller will carry the iPad and I already asked him to grab one for me, even though I'll probably be first in line the day they go on sale. I think I can catch a cold that day if it is a weekday...

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #5 of 9
Carniphage beat me to it.

post #6 of 9
A longer delay than the US saw... means they are selling well or Apple can't make them fast enough.

I remember lots of people talking about iFail...

post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Monday May 10th.

(crying eyes out smiley)

C.

Shit. Should I pay the extra $225 to get one now? And get a 16GB version instead of the 64?

This is really bad news as I was hoping to be able to use it for work by the end of the month.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

This is really bad news as I was hoping to be able to use it for work by the end of the month.

I wouldn't want to count on using it right away for any critical work. I had thought the same thing, but have given up on using it for work for now.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I wouldn't want to count on using it right away for any critical work. I had thought the same thing, but have given up on using it for work for now.

My work entails different things than yours.

I mostly need it to run apps -- even upscaled iPhone apps -- on the bigger screen, as well as show photos and videos from time to time.

I won't be doing any writing or spreadsheets or presentations, or even use it as my main email correspondence machine.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Still no pre-orders outside the USA