or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › How Can One Possibly Support Obama's Economic Policies?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How Can One Possibly Support Obama's Economic Policies? - Page 14

post #521 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

In no way am I any kind of " Sweetie " to you. I'm a guy on a forum who's asked you questions I'm not going to repeat. You were asked and now you can look them up yourself.

Now looks who's dodging. How sweet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

That's just the point. We don't really know where you stand.

Then you're not very observant.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #522 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Now looks who's dodging. How sweet.




Then you're not very observant.

Another useless no answers post.

Like I've said I'm not the only one who's noticed.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #523 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Another useless no answers post.

An appropriate response to a post containing no questions. Duh!

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #524 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Like I've said I'm not the only one who's noticed.

We get that you gain great comfort in being in conformance with what other people are thinking. You've made this very clear in times past.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #525 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

We get that you gain great comfort in being in conformance with what other people are thinking. You've made this very clear in times past.

Especially when it's true. And in this case numbers do tend to lend credibility.

I'm hardly a comformer. That's what the Republicans and the conservative are all about.

Or didn't you read my signature?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #526 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

An appropriate response to a post containing no questions. Duh!

The questions are from the past and you know it. We all do. You're just making yourself look silly with this obfuscation.

Especially your need for the last word ..... at any cost.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #527 of 753
And MJ........still no answers.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #528 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

The questions are from the past and you know it. We all do. You're just making yourself look silly with this obfuscation.

Oh right...the questions you claim I haven't answered...but won't tell what they are. How convenient.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #529 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And MJ........still no answers.

Still no questions. Tell me which one's I haven't answered or shut up.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #530 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Still no questions. Tell me which one's I haven't answered or shut up.

You've already failed to respond. I've already given you a quote from a thread containing one. Why should I waste my time looking them up for you? That's your responsibility. You can look them up yourself. So no.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #531 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You've already failed to respond. You can look them up yourself. So no.

Right. This approach is working out very conveniently for you.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #532 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Right. This approach is working out very conveniently for you.

Like I've said :
Quote:
Especially your need for the last word ..... at any cost.
Today 04:32 PM

And still no answers. Come on! Instead of calling me " Sweetie " or something why don't you at least try the thread I used Tonton's quote from? The questions are not far from that post.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #533 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Like I've said :

And still no answers. Come on instead of calling me " Sweetie " or something why don't you at least try the thread I used Tonton's quote from? The questions not far from that post.

You're the one intent on getting answers to questions (and claiming my refusal to give them)...ask the question(s) or shut up.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #534 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

You're the one intent on getting answers to questions (and claiming my refusal to give them)...ask the question(s) or shut up.

Already asked them and explained why I shouldn't be the one to look them up for you.

But the real truth is like Tonton says you can't.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #535 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Already asked them and explained why I shouldn't be the one to look them up for you.

Yes, I know that you've spent all this time avoiding asking me the question you desperately wish me to answer instead of just asking it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

But the real truth is like Tonton says you can't.

Is that the "real" truth? Or just the truth as you and he see it?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #536 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Yes, I know that you've spent all this time avoiding asking me the question you desperately wish me to answer instead of just asking it.




Is that the "real" truth? Or just the truth as you and he see it?

Still evasion and no answers.

Here's the page : http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...=86217&page=13

That's all I'm doing for you.

Ok I'll try to lead the horse to water for all it's worth.

Here's even the exchange from that thread :
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac
Uh huh. If not how would you achieve this without throwing people to the wolves?

MJ
Since I'm not suggesting (or planning on) "throwing people to the wolves," I reject the premise on which your question is based.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac
That would be that " Hard to achieve " part.

MJ
The hard to achieve part is the political will to do the right thing in the face of ignorance among the populace.

My response :
Quote:
Like I've said no answers there. Just stop paying for things and get goverment out of things and things will magically heal themselves. Oh well.

Well? Also this is on topic even in this thread.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #537 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Still evasion and no answers.

Here's the page : http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...=86217&page=13

That's all I'm doing for you.

The only question from you I see is this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac

If not how would you achieve this without throwing people to the wolves?

Which I did respond to!

It's not that I didn't answer...it's that you reject or don't accept my answer.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #538 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

The only question from you I see is this one:



Which I did respond to!

It not that I didn't answer...it's that you reject or don't accept my answer.

So you are suggesting throwing people to the wolves? This was born out of what would the Republicans do differently than they did before?

Then you gave us your take which sounds like " Let them eat cake ".

So how is this differently from throwing people to the wolves? Tonton saw this also. That's what his post was about. You have no real answers just criticism of Obama and the Democrats.

Well that and "Sweetie ".
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #539 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

So you are suggesting throwing people to the wolves?

No. I'm not. I made that perfectly clear. I reject the premise contained in your question. This is what's called in the trade begging the question or, possibly a loaded question.

Quote:
A common way out of this argument is not to answer the question (e.g. with a simple 'yes' or 'no'), but to challenge the assumption behind the question.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Then you gave us your take which sounds like " Let them eat cake ".

What things sound like (to you) isn't necessarily what they are in reality.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #540 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

No. I'm not. I made that perfectly clear. I reject the premise contained in your question. This is what's called in the trade begging the question or, possibly a loaded question.

If it's loaded it and you can't answer it must have something to it.

The question was simple but once it got specific you clamed up. It's east to say " Get rid of government intrusion " or " Cut taxes " without looking at the consequences. And that's really the whole point of this argument and where the Libertarians and the conservatives as a whole fail.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #541 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

If it's loaded it and you can't answer it must have something to it.

You quite obviously don't know what a loaded question is. Go and do some study then come back to the class.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #542 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

The question was simple but once it got specific you clamed up.

It get didn't specific at all...it became loaded...it contained an unproven premise which you insist on clinging to without proving and then expecting me to accept (again, without proof to support the premise) and then answer a question entirely based on the premise. This is an entire web of fallacious reasoning you've put forth.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #543 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

It get didn't specific at all...it became loaded...it contained an unproven premise which you insist on clinging to without proving and then expecting me to accept (again, without proof to support the premise) and then answer a question entirely based on the premise. This is an entire web of fallacious reasoning you've put forth.

Evasion again. Still no answers. Under that definition any question would be loaded and you would always use this excuse.

Besides in the question itself it's you who must supply the proof. Proof that you could do the things you suggest without sacrificing people who are already suffering.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #544 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

It's east to say " Get rid of government intrusion " or " Cut taxes " without looking at the consequences.

Yes, which is exactly what you're guilty of but don't see it. Looking at of the (possible) consequences includes looking at all of the possible consequences and not merely picking only the ones (extremely negative) that suit your claim or view of the world.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #545 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Evasion again. Still no answers. Under that definition any question would be loaded and you would always use this excuse.

Incorrect. Go back for more study. Come back when you truly understand.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #546 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Incorrect. Go back for more study. Come back when you truly understand.

Now a lame attempt at seeming superior ( another form of insult ). You keep going back to the same old bag of tricks don't you?

No answers.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #547 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Besides in the question itself it's you who must supply the proof. Proof that you could do the things you suggest without sacrificing people who are already suffering.

Wrong. Your question contains a built-in unproven premise (that cutting spending would be "throwing people to the wolves"). Prove (or at least support) this premise, then we might have some valid questions to discuss.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #548 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Wrong. Your question contains a built-in unproven premise (that cutting spending would be "throwing people to the wolves"). Prove (or at least support) this premise, then we might have some valid questions to discuss.

The question was posed to you first so the resposibiltiy of proof or disproof is yours.

Besides you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see what would happen. Some of these people haven't seen a job in years. Without some intervention they'd be up a creek without a paddle.

You would cut spending and cut taxes on the rich and make the poor pay for it. Your logic fails at the starting gate.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #549 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Now a lame attempt at seeming superior ( another form of insult ).

In this particular instance my knowledge does appear to be superior. If this seems like an insult to you I guess that's you problem.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You keep going back to the same old bag of tricks don't you?

Yes, I keep trying to apply logic and reasoning in the face of your "same old bag of tricks" which seems to be using fallacy, conjecture and faulty reasoning.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #550 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

The question was posed to you first so the resposibiltiy of proof or disproof is yours.

Completely wrong...when your question contains (as it does) an unproven premise. I hope someday you will understand this. It will help you tremendously.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #551 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You would cut taxes but how would you pay for things then?

Let me ask you a question about the above question: Do you see the assumption built into it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Your logic fails at the starting gate.

No, yours does.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #552 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Let me ask you a question about the above question: Do you see the assumption built into it?




No, yours does.

Quote:
Let me ask you a question about the above question: Do you see the assumption built into it?

No more answering a question with a question. You must answer first.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #553 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Completely wrong...when your question contains (as it does) an unproven premise. I hope someday you will understand this. It will help you tremendously.

Another insult. And still no answers.

It's clear to me that you don't intend to address the question in a real fashion. I have better things to do with my time than wait for anwsers that will never come. You simply don't have any answers. You would think that at least you'd admit that.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #554 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

No more answering a question with a question. You must answer first.

I have responded appropriately to your questions. When chose to prove the premises contained within them, then we can chat more.

In the mean time, all of this fallacy-busting has made me hungry. Time for supper. Let me know when you want to support the claims and assumptions you are expecting me to accept without question. Then our conversation might be able to move forward.

(I won't be holding my breath though. )

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #555 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Another insult. And still no answers.

I'm truly sorry that when someone points out a lack of knowledge on your part (as strongly evidenced by your posts) that you view it as an insult.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #556 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

It's clear to me that you don't intend to address the question in a real fashion.

I've responded appropriately to it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You simply don't have any answers.

Not to fallacious questions I don't, no.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #557 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I'm truly sorry that when someone points out a lack of knowledge on your part (as strongly evidenced by your posts) that you view it as an insult.

I'm truly sorry that you seem to obfucate and insult in a lame attempt to sound superior so you could evade a question. Come MJ I'll give you the last word again since that seems to mean so much to you. But I have things in the real world to do.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #558 of 753
Seems like this thread is over.

post #559 of 753
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Seems like this thread is over.


Yeah really. That's what I was thinking. Arguing with jimmac about questions not answered is futile. In fact, most debate with jimmac is futile.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #560 of 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yeah really. That's what I was thinking. Arguing with jimmac about questions not answered is futile. In fact, most debate with jimmac is futile.

Because you always lose. Yeah. I can see that!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › How Can One Possibly Support Obama's Economic Policies?