or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Steve Jobs on claims of international iPad deception: "Are you nuts?"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steve Jobs on claims of international iPad deception: "Are you nuts?" - Page 4

post #121 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

In Canada we have started an "Apple Abandoned Us So We Are Abandoning Apple" campaign. We are asking people to come to our rallies with their Apple products that they will then toss into a huge bonfire.

Our first rally yesterday wasn't that great. Only 12 people showed up and they were throwing Zunes in the fire. I don't think they read the memo correctly.

now that's the silliest thing i've heard of.

When i lived in canada, we took it for granted that the latest american thing would only arrive for us about two years later. Now you're complaining about a couple of months?

Teabaggers.

Whoosh!

  Google Maps: ("Directions may be inaccurate, incomplete, dangerous, or prohibited.")

 

  MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

Reply

  Google Maps: ("Directions may be inaccurate, incomplete, dangerous, or prohibited.")

 

  MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

Reply
post #122 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

Now Steve Jobs is giving the finger to this customer for merely questioning Apple's delays.

Apple needs to be a little more diplomatic.

Steve Jobs being diplomatic? Are you nuts?!
post #123 of 143
I'm nuts I guess \
Still waiting for an iPad, I hope the 3G isn't delayed further

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

Reply

iPod nano 5th Gen 8GB Orange, iPad 3rd Gen WiFi 32GB White
MacBook Pro 15" Core i7 2.66GHz 8GB RAM 120GB Intel 320M
Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 8GB RAM, iPhone 5 32GB Black

Reply
post #124 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Yeah, that damn Declaration of Independence misleading all of us hippie baby boomers. Self evident truths my ass.

Oh for crying out loud, it plainly states "... the pursuit of happiness" - you aren't guaranteed or entitled to anything except equal opportunity.
post #125 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

Agreed. When I read about all the issues I tested mine on my Verizon FIOS router and it screamed. Much faster than my iPhone on WiFi on my network. But just because I am not having issues doesn't mean others are not, I am just pointing out it seems isolated.

wow
that t is fast
very very fast

duck!!
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #126 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

We have decided to shorten our campaign's name to "We Are Abandoning Apple" or "Waaa".

New rally next week.

Apple is doomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

It means "I hate Apple".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brometheus View Post

Please, no more posts like this. I have a painful cramp in my ribs from laughing so hard, and I can't find a tissue to wipe these tears from my eyes.



my f ing side is hurting from laffing so hard

and that whoosh crack spilled my tea


9




waaaaaaa
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #127 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

In Canada we have started an "Apple Abandoned Us So We Are Abandoning Apple" campaign. We are asking people to come to our rallies with their Apple products that they will then toss into a huge bonfire.

Our first rally yesterday wasn't that great. Only 12 people showed up and they were throwing Zunes in the fire. I don't think they read the memo correctly.

Awesome. Just awesome!
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
post #128 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

Oh for crying out loud, it plainly states "... the pursuit of happiness" - you aren't guaranteed or entitled to anything except equal opportunity.

And don't forget, kiddies. While you are out pursuing opportunities, others are out pursuing YOU!
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
post #129 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

I was promised a pony years ago. STILL NO PONY!

I got mine years ago. Mean little sucker. And I have the pile of poop to prove it!
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
post #130 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

More to the point, Apple's primary market by a long shot is the US. All of the others are secondary in terms of the amount of product sold.

But what is the cause and what is the consequence? US is the best-selling market, because Apple takes the best care of US market, because it is the best-selling market ... see the cycle? If Apple keeps treating non-US markets as secondary, these markets will never grow as if Apple showed them some love.
post #131 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrik View Post

But what is the cause and what is the consequence? US is the best-selling market, because Apple takes the best care of US market, because it is the best-selling market ... see the cycle? If Apple keeps treating non-US markets as secondary, these markets will never grow as if Apple showed them some love.

The cause is that Apple is a US company. I think you will find as well that European companies make more effort to cater to their European customers than they do to customer in other markets, as these naturally are the markets they best understand and are the most accessible to them. Further, it is only recently that Apple had much notable success marketing their products outside of North America. I look at Europe and Asia as large opportunities for Apple, but each new market creates new demands in terms of marketing, support, and addressing regulatory regimes. Given time I think Apple will have a much bigger footprint in these markets, but it takes time to do this right.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #132 of 143
Knowing Steve's track record,....how can anybody believe he will tell the truth?

Wozniak 70's - Jobs and Wozniak had a deal where they would split proceeds 50/50 on stuff they sold to Atari. Jobs told Woz they made $600. In Nolan Bushnell's book, "Silicon Valley Guys" it was revealed Jobs was actually paid $3k-$5k.
http://www.woz.org/letters/pirates/30.html

At age 23, and already wealthy, Jobs fathered a child and for 2 years, while the mother was on welfare, he kept denying he was the father. He even went as far as signing a court documents stating he was "sterile and infertile, and as a result thereof, did not have the physical capacity to procreate a child."
http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/02/news...une/index2.htm

"....As many of you know, I have been losing weight throughout 2008....Fortunately, after further testing, my doctors think they have found the causea hormone imbalance...The remedy for this nutritional problem is relatively simple and straightforward."
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2009/01/05sjletter.html

Yeah right, a hormone imbalance. It was a liver transplant!
post #133 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

Do you know what, the respective argument aside I think it's great that Steve Jobs takes the time to respond to these emails.

Good luck trying to get hold of other companies CEOs via email...

Steve has always been receptive. Having worked for him twice you can actually talk to him when he's not between groups of engineering heads, board members, marketing heads, etc.
post #134 of 143
In Soviet Russia, iPad wanting to buy YOU.
post #135 of 143
Curious as to how many people saying 'oh, don't be such an entitled prat' live in America?'

Don't get me wrong, here in Australia, we know the rest of the world forgets about us, and the general attitude towards getting us movies, tv shows, computer hardware, computer software, video games, consoles runs to, 'Well, we'll get it to them about then.'

And they wonder why, per capita, we're the world's biggest pirates...


That said, the reason to delay the iPad launch is a business one, and perfectly justifiable. Once apple *eventually* gets their shit down here, its very nice.

Though did anyone else hear about everyone's favourite overlords banning the humble Pen and Paper from their call centre, for 'security concerns?'
I DONT trust your haircut.

MBP 13"/22" 2.26ghz/2gb/160gb/7400M.
Windows 7 24"/2.00ghz/2.5gb/250gb/9800GT.
Ubuntu 10.04 Dell Latitude D620.
Xbox 360 Projector
WHS 2.5tb.
Reply
I DONT trust your haircut.

MBP 13"/22" 2.26ghz/2gb/160gb/7400M.
Windows 7 24"/2.00ghz/2.5gb/250gb/9800GT.
Ubuntu 10.04 Dell Latitude D620.
Xbox 360 Projector
WHS 2.5tb.
Reply
post #136 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour Apple View Post

Knowing Steve's track record,....how can anybody believe he will tell the truth?

Wozniak 70's - Jobs and Wozniak had a deal where they would split proceeds 50/50 on stuff they sold to Atari. Jobs told Woz they made $600. In Nolan Bushnell's book, "Silicon Valley Guys" it was revealed Jobs was actually paid $3k-$5k.
http://www.woz.org/letters/pirates/30.html

At age 23, and already wealthy, Jobs fathered a child and for 2 years, while the mother was on welfare, he kept denying he was the father. He even went as far as signing a court documents stating he was "sterile and infertile, and as a result thereof, did not have the physical capacity to procreate a child."
http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/02/news...une/index2.htm

"....As many of you know, I have been losing weight throughout 2008....Fortunately, after further testing, my doctors think they have found the causea hormone imbalance...The remedy for this nutritional problem is relatively simple and straightforward."
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2009/01/05sjletter.html

Yeah right, a hormone imbalance. It was a liver transplant!




I never believe a word that man says without corroboration.
post #137 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyriX View Post

Don't get me wrong, here in Australia, we know the rest of the world forgets about us, and the general attitude towards getting us movies, tv shows, computer hardware, computer software, video games, consoles runs to, 'Well, we'll get it to them about then.

Some of us in the US would like to live in a county that gets forgotten about by the rest of the world once in a while.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #138 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

I never believe a word that man says without corroboration.

Steve is the man who has been the driving force behind a company that has altered my life in more positive ways than I can count.

Long live Steve!
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #139 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Some of us in the US would like to live in a county that gets forgotten about by the rest of the world once in a while.

Erm... Quick tip: Stop invading people

Also, make better beer.

Also, just stay in Chicago, and eat the pizza. It is, honest to god, amazing.
I DONT trust your haircut.

MBP 13"/22" 2.26ghz/2gb/160gb/7400M.
Windows 7 24"/2.00ghz/2.5gb/250gb/9800GT.
Ubuntu 10.04 Dell Latitude D620.
Xbox 360 Projector
WHS 2.5tb.
Reply
I DONT trust your haircut.

MBP 13"/22" 2.26ghz/2gb/160gb/7400M.
Windows 7 24"/2.00ghz/2.5gb/250gb/9800GT.
Ubuntu 10.04 Dell Latitude D620.
Xbox 360 Projector
WHS 2.5tb.
Reply
post #140 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyriX View Post

Erm... Quick tip: Stop invading people

Also, make better beer.

Also, just stay in Chicago, and eat the pizza. It is, honest to god, amazing.

I rest my case.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #141 of 143
Go Brissie .... Brisvegas LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyriX View Post

Location: Brisbane, Australia

Curious as to how many people saying 'oh, don't be such an entitled prat' live in America?'

Don't get me wrong, here in Australia, we know the rest of the world forgets about us, and the general attitude towards getting us movies, tv shows, computer hardware, computer software, video games, consoles runs to, 'Well, we'll get it to them about then.'

And they wonder why, per capita, we're the world's biggest pirates...

That said, the reason to delay the iPad launch is a business one, and perfectly justifiable. Once apple *eventually* gets their shit down here, its very nice.
post #142 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Some of us in the US would like to live in a county that gets forgotten about by the rest of the world once in a while.

LOLing here but I think I get your drift. It's like having a noisy sibling in the same classes as you. You're always somehow implicated or referred to.
post #143 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

LOLing here but I think I get your drift. It's like having a noisy sibling in the same classes as you. You're always somehow implicated or referred to.

Right. Being blamed for the act of simply existing, as often as not.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Steve Jobs on claims of international iPad deception: "Are you nuts?"
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Steve Jobs on claims of international iPad deception: "Are you nuts?"