or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Gizmodo paid $5K for exclusive iPhone 4G prototype [u]

Gizmodo paid $5K for exclusive iPhone 4G prototype [u] - Page 2

post #41 of 80
Here's the real ipone... I got it in China.. straight from the manufacturer... at least that's that the guy on the street said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNy79_3PXCE
post #42 of 80
FAKEEEEEEE, Apple doesn't let people take products off the Apple campus. This is just another person trying to get attention
post #43 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoNomad View Post

Gizmodo can expect a threatening call from Apple's lawyers. I mean if your personal artifact was stolen and then publicly sold from hand to hand while being documented you would take action also. You can't just knowingly buy/take something that doesn't belong to you and use it make money buy attracting web traffic on a tech site. I would have handed it back and enjoyed the good graces of Apple for life...especially being a reporter of the apple industry.

If you were a half-way credible journalist, you would realize that your primary responsibility is to your readers, not to the people whose products you review.
post #44 of 80
Despite my intense interest in the iPhone this is not that interesting to me. The iPhone is more mature now, this is more like a iMac refresh than the iPad intro or the iPhone intro in 2007.

It will be interesting to see if this was a dummy case to hold real guts or if it's the real case.

I've never read Gizmodo. Their stunt at CES sabotaging people's presentations was a disgrace. I never got past that.

There will still be some anticipation in the lead up to the new iphone intro, but this tempers it a bit.
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
post #45 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

It's pretty suspicious to me. Just the fact that there are some breaks in the edge piece towards the bottom suggests to me that it's not a production design. Nothing Apple sells right now that I can think of has such obvious breaks in the perimeter.

I was figuring that Apple would be moving towards a unibody shell with a shape like the iPad.

But other than the breaks in the perimeter, this is exactly what they have done. It's a unibody iPhone.

I agree the breaks look pretty awful, but they are pretty much the only feature that is definitely "non-Appley" and maybe they just have a reason we aren't aware of right now.
post #46 of 80
They paid $5,000 according to the AP.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100419/...c_apple_iphone

Quote:
Nick Denton, founder of Gawker Media, said the company paid $5,000 for the phone.

Also, they have a new story up on how the whole saga unfolded:

How Apple Lost the Next iPhone
post #47 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

I've never read Gizmodo. Their stunt at CES sabotaging people's presentations was a disgrace. I never got past that.

There will still be some anticipation in the lead up to the new iphone intro, but this tempers it a bit.

Ya, I remember that! I was actually there and got it on video! Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
post #48 of 80
To Gizmodo, That was 10,000 dollars very well spent.

...and to think it all (allegedly) started here: http://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple...yline=true&s=i
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #49 of 80
Ok some thoughts. Here are the possibilities as I see it.

1. This is a complete fake made in china or elsewhere.
2. This is a fake made by Apple to throw people off or create viral buzz.
3. This is an old prototype (pre-iPhone 3GS) that was stolen months ago or longer from Apple.
4. This is just a shell used to carry the 2010 iPhone internals to test the performance of internals/reception. In this case the materials and general size are close to the real thing but not form factor.
5. This is a close prototype in size & SHAPE & FORM FACTOR & MATERIALS to the 2010 iPhone.
6. This is basically the shipping product.

Ok now what lets address each.

1. Reading the post from Gizmodo seems to discount this. 5% probability
2. This seems risky to me. Why not just send pictures of the thing rather than actually loose one. Plus its risky if people actually like it and its not what ships or is what ships and then the cat is out of the bag. 5% probability
3. If the story is correct this does not seem possible. If this was the case it wouldnt have been running iPhone 4.0 and Apple couldn't have killed it remotely. Though the back story may be a lie. 20% probability
4. This is a real possibility EXCEPT for how polished it does appear to be. Like why stamp iPhone on it if you are just testing the reception? 20% probability
5. This too is a real possibility- especially if the point is to test the feel of the device in the hand over time. 35% probability
6. This is unlikely given the seems in the aluminum rim. 5% probability

So lets assume its 4 or 5. Whats really interesting is who lost this thing. If all that was being tested was reception of the new materials it seems to me its unlikley to be lost. You place a call then have someone drive around the bay area and have a utility that reports cell reception. There would be no actual reason to even have it in the fake case. Plus it seems Apple wouldnt even take that risk and just test the reception in lab.

So that leaves 5. Its in the case for when in public but the person that lost it would also use at home and in private without case. Who would Apple trust to do that. Maybe 10 people at most including the big J. himself. So its possible (and awesome if true) that this was in the wild because a lead Apple person wanted to test the form factor for a while and thats who lost it. Further that could only be a top honcho.

My hope is that the true story is #5 and that the person lost it was Steve himself and that he will tell a funny story about it come June. The real shipping model won't have the seems, big buttons, or edges. The real thing will be another mm thinner. The glass and back case will be like the glass on the iMacs- just laid on the aluminum rim.

Having said that I think #3 is a real possibility if the back story of the thing is actually a lie. I wonder if Gizmodo can look at any of the chips to see if they are dated to see when this thing was royghly made.
post #50 of 80
At this point, Apple should simply smile, shrug it's shoulders, take the priceless free advertising (millions of hits on that Gizmodo story in a few hours!?), suck it up, and move on.

Anything else would be like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube.
post #51 of 80
I really don't care about whether it was lost or stolen, and don't care about the different shape, I just don't see it authentic that someone gets a product and doesn't turn it on. Doesn't record a video when using this "prototype".
If it wasn't fake, the publishers would be in danger, and they know that, as much as they may know that it's fake, or just one of the many different prototype concept that just doesn't mean anything about the next gen. iPhone. It could even be a prototype for previous gen.
post #52 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

What better way to flush out leaks than to set the bait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estolinski View Post

I'm calling intentional leak on this one. It seems so orchestrated. And look at all the buzz already; it only benefits Apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisTheXIV View Post

... Then it was an intentional leak. If that's the process Apple uses, then this iPhone would not be accidentally left in a bar or taken to a BAR in the first place! A BAR! Come on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

This is an intentional leak by Apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain View Post

It's a plant.
Now everyone will be watching the next keynote to see. What better marketing tool then a little intrigue. Get the buzz going early... make people hold off on their HTC or any other smartphone purchase. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasein View Post

... Apple's got some smart, creative talent. After a few beers I assume they'd come up with a sting.. like this. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post

You know, I agree with you. ... info gained from a "lost" prototype? Yes, that's free advertising and it's not from Apple so you can't blame them.

This seems like a popular idea (that Apple intentionally leaked it), but for those arguing this I'd like to see you come up with an example of this happening before. I've been watching Apple since the beginning and I can't think of a time when they intentionally leaked a fake product in order to stir things up or gain free publicity. They just don't do that kind of stuff.

They intentionally leak fake information once in a while to throw people off the track, but not to "gain buzz" or "free publicity" or any of the motives listed above.

A perfect example is this very leak. The only part that came from Apple was the fake pictures from the anonymous guy in Spain claiming it was a Japanese clone. Once Gizmodo outed the thing, they had to try to put the cork back in the bottle, but it didn't work.

*That's* the only kind of disinformation I've ever seen from Apple. They don't need to release fake products at great expense to generate "buzz." They could announce a new type of wooden pencil and get a front page story on Time magazine at the moment, why would they go to all these lengths to generate (fake) buzz? What if people like the supposedly "fake" iPhone better than what they actually release?

The whole idea is asinine.
post #53 of 80
Quote:

Any idea on the Evo 4g release date? Or the Droid Incredible?

This is way too suspicious for it to be happenstance. Apple is obviously reacting to other releases.

I'm glad Apple is at least copying the dual-microphone idea from the nexus one for noise cancellation. It should improve the iPhone call quality significantly.

Man, I have to agree with you- I ink this is one big deliberate leak that has SJ, Ives and everyone laughing their asses off. I think ti is the real phone, and they put it out there because it is so close to the earnings call they cant announce anything, and this is a great way to piss all over the Sprint EVO.

i mean, even I have to admit- I was eyeing the EVO prior to this.
post #54 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmondo View Post

I really don't care about whether it was lost or stolen, and don't care about the different shape, I just don't see it authentic that someone gets a product and doesn't turn it on. Doesn't record a video when using this "prototype".
If it wasn't fake, the publishers would be in danger, and they know that, as much as they may know that it's fake, or just one of the many different prototype concept that just doesn't mean anything about the next gen. iPhone. It could even be a prototype for previous gen.

Because not everyone is a 'gadget geek', and to them it's little more than just another phone.
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #55 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonstk View Post

Ok some thoughts. Here are the possibilities as I see it.

1. This is a complete fake made in china or elsewhere.
2. This is a fake made by Apple to throw people off or create viral buzz.
3. This is an old prototype (pre-iPhone 3GS) that was stolen months ago or longer from Apple.
4. This is just a shell used to carry the 2010 iPhone internals to test the performance of internals/reception. In this case the materials and general size are close to the real thing but not form factor.
5. This is a close prototype in size & SHAPE & FORM FACTOR & MATERIALS to the 2010 iPhone.
6. This is basically the shipping product.

Ok now what lets address each.

1. Reading the post from Gizmodo seems to discount this. 5% probability
2. This seems risky to me. Why not just send pictures of the thing rather than actually loose one. Plus its risky if people actually like it and its not what ships or is what ships and then the cat is out of the bag. 5% probability
3. If the story is correct this does not seem possible. If this was the case it wouldnt have been running iPhone 4.0 and Apple couldn't have killed it remotely. Though the back story may be a lie. 20% probability
4. This is a real possibility EXCEPT for how polished it does appear to be. Like why stamp iPhone on it if you are just testing the reception? 20% probability
5. This too is a real possibility- especially if the point is to test the feel of the device in the hand over time. 35% probability
6. This is unlikely given the seems in the aluminum rim. 5% probability

So lets assume its 4 or 5. Whats really interesting is who lost this thing. If all that was being tested was reception of the new materials it seems to me its unlikley to be lost. You place a call then have someone drive around the bay area and have a utility that reports cell reception. There would be no actual reason to even have it in the fake case. Plus it seems Apple wouldnt even take that risk and just test the reception in lab.

So that leaves 5. Its in the case for when in public but the person that lost it would also use at home and in private without case. Who would Apple trust to do that. Maybe 10 people at most including the big J. himself. So its possible (and awesome if true) that this was in the wild because a lead Apple person wanted to test the form factor for a while and thats who lost it. Further that could only be a top honcho.

My hope is that the true story is #5 and that the person lost it was Steve himself and that he will tell a funny story about it come June. The real shipping model won't have the seems, big buttons, or edges. The real thing will be another mm thinner. The glass and back case will be like the glass on the iMacs- just laid on the aluminum rim.

Having said that I think #3 is a real possibility if the back story of the thing is actually a lie. I wonder if Gizmodo can look at any of the chips to see if they are dated to see when this thing was royghly made.

Well just read the story at Gizmodo. If true I guess my fantasy of Steve loosing the phone is out. Given this new information I will update my prediction and say its #4 with 60% probability (others reduced accordingly.)
post #56 of 80
Quote:

Any idea on the Evo 4g release date? Or the Droid Incredible?

This is way too suspicious for it to be happenstance. Apple is obviously reacting to other releases.

I'm glad Apple is at least copying the dual-microphone idea from the nexus one for noise cancellation. It should improve the iPhone call quality significantly.

Copying for Nexus?? How about from Jabra, or any number of other headsets. Or how about from every audio or physics lab around the world that has every done noise reduction on any time-series every. Or how about from the US Navy where this is ancient tech from submarines. This is an implementation/cost issue not a technical one.
post #57 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

To Gizmodo, That was 10,000 dollars very well spent.

...and to think it all (allegedly) started here: http://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple...yline=true&s=i

That story sounds absolutely phoney and ridiculous.

I can see everyone is getting their story straight for the police though, that absolutely preposterous description of how they obtained the phone is, well ... absolutely preposterous. But it conveniently leaves the person who stole it apparently in the clear (if you believe the absolutely preposterous story that is).
post #58 of 80
Quick question seeing as how it appears that Apple remote wiped the device. Is it still possible to remote wipe if let's say:

1) The device was put into airplane mode before a remote wipe was initiated
2) The SIM was replaced before a remote wipe was initiated
post #59 of 80
According to LinkedIn, he is still employed at Apple -- it's doubtful that he will still be employed there after all of this though:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/graypowell

post #60 of 80
Ok, guys. If you really think it's a fake you really need to logically think about this. Before people would just photoshop a fake iPhone and say it was real. Here we have videos, hi-res photos, even an inside photos of an iPhone.

If you think Apple made this fake iPhone on purpose to get the hype going:
This is not some plastic piece of crap that looks like an iPhone. You can tell that huge amount of work was given to it. Just to fit all components together and build it takes HUGE amount of time, time that Apple would not waste on some "leak."

The only possible situation that can logically follow is that this might be one of the mock-ups of next iPhone. But you must admit it is an iPhone made and designed by Apple.
Apple had me at scrolling
Apple had me at scrolling
post #61 of 80
Christ, the poor guy, that really sucks but it sounds like he was pretty sloppy, as a shareholder I hope this dunce is never trusted with anything like that again, and hopefully Apple tightens up security a bit as a result. This is really embarrassing for Apple. But it's funny - all the buzz this is creating - none of Apples competitors could pay for that kind of buzz. It's a win-win for AAPL, lets just hope it's a one time thing...

I can't blame Denton for paying $10k for this, thats easy math for them, I'm sure it's paid for itself many times over already. That said, I hope Apple throws the book at them, civilly, criminally, with chinese thugs, whatever it takes

I think it was really tasteless and un-newsworthy to post about the guy who lost it is. I have lost respect for Gizmodo over that for sure (not that I had a ton for them - their insight has always been shallow and their stories sensationalist). Purely a trashy, cash chasing blog IMO...

As for the iPhone "HD" or whatever - now I'm really drooling - my cash is already set aside, and I'm counting down the days till July. Beautiful....

Rob
post #62 of 80
it seems a bit much to think they have all that security and some guy leaves it at a bar. i think the iphone probably has a few different prototypes. this being the most radical i think they put it out there to see what people think of it. if everyone says yuk it looks like cr@p. then they will pull out plan B. they cant afford to bring out an unpopular phone.
post #63 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by robzr View Post

Christ, the poor guy, that really sucks but it sounds like he was pretty sloppy, as a shareholder I hope this dunce is never trusted with anything like that again, and hopefully Apple tightens up security a bit as a result. This is really embarrassing for Apple. But it's funny - all the buzz this is creating - none of Apples competitors could pay for that kind of buzz. It's a win-win for AAPL, lets just hope it's a one time thing...

I can't blame Denton for paying $10k for this, thats easy math for them, I'm sure it's paid for itself many times over already. That said, I hope Apple throws the book at them, civilly, criminally, with chinese thugs, whatever it takes

I think it was really tasteless and un-newsworthy to post about the guy who lost it is. I have lost respect for Gizmodo over that for sure (not that I had a ton for them - their insight has always been shallow and their stories sensationalist). Purely a trashy, cash chasing blog IMO...

As for the iPhone "HD" or whatever - now I'm really drooling - my cash is already set aside, and I'm counting down the days till July. Beautiful....

Rob

They paid $5,000, not $10,000. AI is wrong
post #64 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

If you were a half-way credible journalist, you would realize that your primary responsibility is to your readers, not to the people whose products you review.

Actually their primary responsibility is to their customers, the advertisers.
post #65 of 80
for 5K did they get unlimited data and text or maybe a family plan
not a good deal

just like the 2g when it was first sold, they will come back here and bitch about paying too much...if only they could wait it will soon be $200 with a 2yr plan. can't wait for the bitchin'
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #66 of 80
If it's Apple's prototype, Giz is now in possession of Apple's property, regardless of how they obtained it.

As for trade secrets and all that crap, they didn't sign any NDA and are NOT obligated to STFU.

I think a lot of people at Apple are face-palming today.
post #67 of 80
This is one ugly smartphone... I doubt Apple would design something this crude! Anyway, they design and built multiple prototypes. This one could have come from China where they built this prototypes.

Another reason for them to build in the good old USofA!
post #68 of 80
So now we all know. Wasn't that thrilling? I used to love when Steve would introduce a new product, but hey! Now we have rumor sites doing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Steve doesn't even introduce it at the keynote now and instead just put it up on the website without any fanfare.

Thanks for sucking the fun out of it Gizmodo.

Then again maybe Apple planted it from the start to throw everyone off. I'm HOPING that's the case.
post #69 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihxo View Post

That's kinda cheap for an "exclusive" story.

Gizmodo will make way more that $5K in increased ad revenue today and tomorrow.....
post #70 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post

Gizmodo will make way more that $5K in increased ad revenue today and tomorrow.....

Yeah but Jesus is too smart to get involved, and Brian Lam will probably blame his boss, who pretty much had to have authorised the payment anyway.

So if the boss is in jail, Gizmodo goes down the tubes (yay!), and Brian and Jesus are out of a job, the $5,000 won't look so good after all.
post #71 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

That story sounds absolutely phoney and ridiculous.

I can see everyone is getting their story straight for the police though, that absolutely preposterous description of how they obtained the phone is, well ... absolutely preposterous. But it conveniently leaves the person who stole it apparently in the clear (if you believe the absolutely preposterous story that is).

"Pre uh preposterous, yeah that's the ticket!" Jon Lovitz

I agree.
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

post #72 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstains View Post

Actually their primary responsibility is to their customers, the advertisers.

You obviously know little or nothing about serious journalism.
post #73 of 80
My opinion is that it all pretty convincing. If it's fake, it's the most elaborate ruse since Piltdown Man. However, there simply isn't enough empirical data say this is, without a doubt, an Apple created device.

PS: It's funny how the typical trolls saying how much Apple's quality sucks are now saying how great the quality is and how well designed it is which proves it's an Apple phone. They need that setup so they can crap on Apple's security. At least they are saying something nice about Apple. We should take it while we can.

Quote:

You mean the dual microphone that existed long before the Nexus One was twinkle in HTC's eye? Noise canceling earphones have been using this for many years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

What I find slightly suspicious is the lack of any "cease and desists" from Apple so far......

To do that would only have added validity to the story. The biggest thing that points to this being a fake is lack of logic board images. The images you can't easily fake. This case, while nice, isn't hard to fake. They showed EVERYTHING but the chips that would prove, without a doubt this was an Apple product. They also compared everything but the chips, the part of the phone that actually makes a difference. Is the CPU A4? How much RAM? How much NAND? What Infineon WCDMA chip? How many 3GSM bands? Et cetera....

I really like the design but this case is less complex than the LG Prada that was demoed a month before the original iPhone. It's just too easy to engineer a square design with some beveled edges. There are plenty of Chinese knock offs that prove that.
http://www.techfresh.net/wp-content/...4/lg-prada.jpg (image)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Ops, I guess someone will not be invited to Apple event in Jun.

Either way, I think they have shut themselves off, not that they had much credibility anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle172 View Post

FAKEEEEEEE, Apple doesn't let people take products off the Apple campus. This is just another person trying to get attention

They do. iPods and Macs don't need to be taken off site, but you do need to field test s device using various cellular towers. What's unusual is that they are allowed to take them to bars and not out on a day trip with at least two people thereby protecting the device from potential espionage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

According to LinkedIn, he is still employed at Apple -- it's doubtful that he will still be employed there after all of this though

Steve will keep him around for his organs.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #74 of 80
This letter from Apple is the most compelling evidence that this phone is from Apple.

http://gizmodo.com/5520479/a-letter-...et-iphone-back
post #75 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoNomad View Post

Gizmodo can expect a threatening call from Apple's lawyers. I mean if your personal artifact was stolen and then publicly sold from hand to hand while being documented you would take action also. You can't just knowingly buy/take something that doesn't belong to you and use it make money buy attracting web traffic on a tech site. I would have handed it back and enjoyed the good graces of Apple for life...especially being a reporter of the apple industry.

Not to mention their parent company has already jumped up to offer money for leaks despite various laws and did it again, making it possible that either

1. someone saw it in use and lifted it
2. the person that had it sold it in violation of the NDA etc and just claimed to have lost it.

there's a part of me that wonders if Apple saw the tweets and arranged for this leak to catch them up. and whether that would be considered entrapment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle172 View Post

not true. they take devices like this out for field testing. have from day one.
mind you not just anyone can take one but still there's probably 20 or so folks with the ability
post #76 of 80
There was the iPhone, it was 2G. Then there was the iPhone 3G and 3Gs, which were 3G because they were capable of WCDMA. The next iPhone will NOT be the iPhone 4G, as it won't run on 4G networks.

If you want a 4G phone, look to the Evo 4G.
post #77 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdttu View Post

There was the iPhone, it was 2G. Then there was the iPhone 3G and 3Gs, which were 3G because they were capable of WCDMA. The next iPhone will NOT be the iPhone 4G, as it won't run on 4G networks.

If you want a 4G phone, look to the Evo 4G.

The 'G' stands for generation and the formation or xG where x equals the sequential number value of the generation pre-dates cellular technology. While confusing which is why I use G3, G4, etc. it's not incorrect usage.
post #78 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Not to mention their parent company has already jumped up to offer money for leaks despite various laws and did it again, making it possible that either

1. someone saw it in use and lifted it
2. the person that had it sold it in violation of the NDA etc and just claimed to have lost it.

there's a part of me that wonders if Apple saw the tweets and arranged for this leak to catch them up. and whether that would be considered entrapment.

Plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

not true. they take devices like this out for field testing. have from day one.
mind you not just anyone can take one but still there's probably 20 or so folks with the ability

As do AT&T engineers. Might be more than 20, as they test them across the country and in many different settings.

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both
post #79 of 80
If this is true, then they are rewarding a thief. Not only that, someone is most likely going to lose a job. How hard would it be to hold onto the phone, and wait for the owner to call? Regardless of it's value, it's not yours, and this will eventually come full circle. I hope the money was worth it. Loser.
post #80 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_ws_12 View Post

If this is true, then they are rewarding a thief. Not only that, someone is most likely going to lose a job. How hard would it be to hold onto the phone, and wait for the owner to call? Regardless of it's value, it's not yours, and this will eventually come full circle. I hope the money was worth it. Loser.

How exactly would the owner call him, given that the phone was deactivated and wiped?

What he should have done was call the bar the next day to find out if anyone had called them looking for a phone. Apparently the Apple employee did call the bar.

...sometimes it's both

...sometimes it's both
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Gizmodo paid $5K for exclusive iPhone 4G prototype [u]