or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple's Wi-Fi + 3G iPad models available in US on April 30

Apple's Wi-Fi + 3G iPad models available in US on April 30 - Page 2

post #41 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlongz View Post

Does this mean my pre-order will arrive at my door on the 30th, or is it shipping from the warehouse on that day?

There is nothing unambiguous about AI's original sentence.

And, what's the need to yell? You think that you'll get more attention?
post #42 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

The whole thing is rubbish. Where does Apple get off forcing people to deal with AT&T? You might be able to justify this in the phone space, but this thing is supposed to be a successor to the netbook, which works with any service.

It is what it is and I accept it and will stay with my MacBook pro, but please don't defend this "unlocked doesn't really mean unlocked." business.

How many radios is Apple supposed to include? It already operates on four frequencies, two of which are 3G.

In Canada, the iPad will run on the Telus, Bell, and Rogers/Fido 3G networks nationally as well as some regional networks. If more carriers supported the most common 3G frequencies, we wouldn't be having this discussion. The iPad should work on t-mobile over edge if you absolutely loathe AT&T though. It would be nice if Apple starting supporting AWS frequencies as well, then you would get 3G on T-mobile (and WIND Mobile in Canada), but Verizon should really start transitioning away from CDMA like Bell and Telus have in Canada. if you want to talk about carrier locked phones, there is nothing worse than CDMA.
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
post #43 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Exactly.

Whatever.
post #44 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

Whatever.

What part of my reply do you disagree with? I can understand the desire for Apple to use Verizon's CDMA, Sprint's CDMA/WiMAX or to add the radio for T-Mobile USA's 3G, but that is different from suggesting that not being a full "worldmode" device means that it's not unlocked, when it clearly is.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #45 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

What part of my reply do you disagree with?

Based on forum usage, it seems "whatever" means, "So I'm wrong, I'm not actually going to admit it, and I don't really care if I'm wrong or not."
post #46 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Based on forum usage, it seems "whatever" means, "So I'm wrong, I'm not actually going to admit it, and I don't really care if I'm wrong or not."

Whatever.
post #47 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

There is nothing unambiguous about AI's original sentence.

And, what's the need to yell? You think that you'll get more attention?

Was a question. Your waste of text didn't even answer it

Apple increments product features one bite at a time...hence the logo. Want the next big thing? You're gonna have to pick another fruit from the Apple Tree.

Apple increments product features one bite at a time...hence the logo. Want the next big thing? You're gonna have to pick another fruit from the Apple Tree.

post #48 of 56
I checked my bank account and apple has taken the money to pay for my 32Gig 3G ipad today. Here is a copy of a portion of the page from my bank:

SummaryTransactionsStatementsAlerts
View All | Search | Download | Printer Friendly Version Posted Date: 04/21/2010

Description: APL*APPLE ONLINE STORE
Debit: $780.03
post #49 of 56
Am trying to estimate if this is a morning or afternoon delivery on Friday April 30. when did your Wifi iPad arrive?

9 am
10 am
11 am
noon
1 pm
2 pm
3 pm
4 pm
5 pm
later

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmage View Post

i was in the second round of WiFi orders. the ones that were supposed to arrive 4/12 (Monday).

-destination west coast.

4/8 pickup request sent to fedex
picked up 4/9* - AM
depart Alaska - 4/10
arrive regional distribution hub 4/11
arrive local distribution hub 4/12 - AM
unboxing.. my house - 4/12 afternoon.

*note - it missed the pickup on 4/9 and the estimated delivery slipped from 4/12 to 4/14.. but they managed to meet the advertised date anyway. YMMV if you don't live on the same side of the country as me
post #50 of 56
Oddly enough, I ordered the Apple Care Protection as well and that is showing as Complete on my order status. I'm wondering if that means my iPad has been packaged for shipment now, as I think they tend to apply the ACP about the time it's ready to go.

I guess I'll see soon.
post #51 of 56
Quote:

Was a question. Your waste of text didn't even answer it

I did answer this on the first page though (it arrives next Friday; I sourced the articles and they stated they were from approved Apple spokesman). Hope that helps

@anantksundaram

While I agree that AI's response wasn't ambigous (you stated "nothing unambigous", and I think you meant "nothing ambigous," but I digress...), in the context of other sound news sources there was in fact clearly ambiguity around whether they were shipping or arriving on that date. Don't believe me? Go Google "Ipad 3g" and you'll still see news articles stating that they are shipping next Friday.

@Vern Stevens

They processed my ACP almost a month ago. I called them about it because I thought they had actually activated the plan before I had the device (which would have been a cheap way to rip off people). The Apple rep said that was just how they processed payment for the ACP, and that it wasn't an indication of shipping or anything, and that the plan wouldn't go "live" until some package came in the mail and the device was delivered.
post #52 of 56
Do you think the stores will have plenty of stock of the WiFi+3G 64GB Version?
post #53 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyMiNd04 View Post

Judging by the lack of WiFi iPads in stores now, the 5-7 days wait from Apple Store Online, the lack of supply from 3rd-party vendors, the delay to at least May 7th for the any new iPad 3G sales, and the increased delay overseas, I have to think that finding a 64GB iPad 3G in stores won't be that easy.
post #54 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyMiNd04 View Post

Yes. This is why we've been waiting...so they wont be looking silly when angry customers who camped out dont get any. Though they will run out, the avid crowd with be successfully supplied, leaving the late comers to the bad news.

What solipsism says is logical as well. I preordered the 64 3G early knowing there would be an ever greater delay for those waiting for "May 7". Its will be the most sought after by the media-conscious customers. I soon expect 64GB to be a lot less than I need.

post #55 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Judging by the lack of WiFi iPads in stores now, the 5-7 days wait from Apple Store Online, the lack of supply from 3rd-party vendors, the delay to at least May 7th for the any new iPad 3G sales, and the increased delay overseas, I have to think that finding a 64GB iPad 3G in stores won't be that easy.

Yeah I bought the WiFi 64GB on April 7th with no problem in my town. Hopefully the 3G 64GB iPad won't be too hard to get on Friday. I plan on leaving work a bit early to get one.

Quote:

Yes. This is why we've been waiting...so they wont be looking silly when angry customers who camped out dont get any. Though they will run out, the avid crowd with be successfully supplied, leaving the late comers to the bad news.

What solipsism says is logical as well. I preordered the 64 3G early knowing there would be an ever greater delay for those waiting for "May 7". Its will be the most sought after by the media-conscious customers. I soon expect 64GB to be a lot less than I need.

We have the iPad 64GB WiFi model and it is truly amazing. I have used 60% of the flash drive already with games, videos and books. I cannot wait to get the "on the go" version!
post #56 of 56
Got my shipping notice. It says it shipped today via Fed Ex and I will get it by 3pm tomorrow...only 24-ish more hours
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple's Wi-Fi + 3G iPad models available in US on April 30