or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Adobe abandons development of Flash-to-iPhone porting software
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Adobe abandons development of Flash-to-iPhone porting software - Page 2

post #41 of 166
Quote:
He also argued that it proved developers can create content that performs well and is interesting for the iPhone through Flash.

Not very convincing arguments for "interesting"
post #42 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

...


Adobe seems to be stuck on "Flash is the answer!"

They should focus on what is the question?

.

You have good company.

"It isn't that they can't see the solution ... it is that they can't see the problem." G.K. Chesterton
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Reply
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Reply
post #43 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

I think the most telling thing is Adobe trying to stall / block development of HTML5, they really need to change the way the 'board' works and the input they have as far as the standards / project go.

Total fud. lets keep things in the realm of reality please, not your assumptions based on some random assumption on some blog somewhere.
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
post #44 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Adobe abandons development of Flash-to-iPhone porting software

Shock... Dismay... Disbelief... Surprise... Distress... Horror... Fear... Bewilderment... Uncertainty...

Hey, what were we talking about again?
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
post #45 of 166
Boo hoo hoo. Poor Adobe.

Gimme a break! Apple made it clear why it changed its developer agreement.
post #46 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

If Apple were to allow Flash on the iPhone, nobody would ever download a game from the App Store ever again. Launch the Flash app, navigate to a Flash-based game, and never have to buy a game again.

So, in theory, you would only need one app to play a thousand games instead of download a thousand games from the App Store.

Seems like a pretty smart decision if you run a company who happens to want to turn a profit for its shareholders.

Apples TOS prohibits flash from importing external flash files from a remote source which is why all the flash had to be compiled in and packaged in a way that the iphone could handle. There is NO risk of anyone creating their own free app store in flash. The only risk is that they'd enable the web browser to take advantage of flash which would allow games there, HOWEVER the popular argument is that you can make games out of canvas and css and js and they'll run the same. I pose to you know-it-alls this question:

If canvas and html5 is so awesome, why isn't apple shooting it down so it can protect it's mighty profit engine ecosystem as it's done with flash? They surely can't profit off of HTML5. You have LESS limitations through HTML5 apps than you do through flash apps. The motivation here from Apples side is to harm Adobe's business by blocking adoption of Flash as the defacto standard because they're using the iPhone buzz to teach coders Objective-C so those programmers can then write apps for their OS X platform. Traditionally your Flash front end guys are windows people. Apple is attempting a coup.
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
post #47 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by initiator View Post

Boo hoo hoo. Poor Adobe.

Gimme a break! Apple made it clear why it changed its developer agreement.

I have some swamp land to sell you since it appears you'll buy anything.
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
post #48 of 166
Yeah Adobe so sucks

I got to go, my pirated CS5 torrent is almost done downloading. I sure hope the the keygen works, I love taking money away from those selfish bastards.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #49 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

If Apple were to allow Flash on the iPhone, nobody would ever download a game from the App Store ever again. Launch the Flash app, navigate to a Flash-based game, and never have to buy a game again.

So, in theory, you would only need one app to play a thousand games instead of download a thousand games from the App Store.

Seems like a pretty smart decision if you run a company who happens to want to turn a profit for its shareholders.

This is the dumbest post yet. Apps packaged from Adobe's CS5 Flash Pro have to go through the app store just like everything else. Wow. People are just talking right out of their a$$es pulling fact from fiction.
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
post #50 of 166
The weird thing about all of this is that Adobe is getting belligerent about Apple not participating in some imaginary world where Flash runs great on other mobile devices.

Whereas in fact there are, let's see now..... none. All we have is the promise of software already going on a year late. It's just bizarre that anyone, let alone Adobe, could excoriate Apple for not getting with a program that doesn't fucking exist.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #51 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Hey Adobe, while you're at it... please consider abandoning the Flash platform too. You've done a pretty good job crippling it already. Not much of a step to simply pull the plug on it.

What??? Proof???

Here's how they've improved it:

FXG format for round tripping between CS5 apps
Flash Catalyst for generating code from design files
Flash Builder as an OPEN SOURCE based platform for using ALL other development languages (other than objective-c of course)
Flex 4 as an OPEN SOURCE SDK with UI components and state based event driven application tools

Yea, they really crippled it alright.
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
post #52 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

The weird thing about all of this is that Adobe is getting belligerent about Apple not participating in some imaginary world where Flash runs great on other mobile devices.

Whereas in fact there are, let's see now..... none. All we have is the promise of software already going on a year late. It's just bizarre that anyone, let alone Adobe, could excoriate Apple for not getting with a program that doesn't fucking exist.

Flash 9 and Flash 10 already run on mobile devices FAR BETTER than anything in HTML5 and Canvas which you probably don't know is ONLY A DRAFT! Dude, you guys are pimping something that's not even adopted or finalized! When Flash Player 10.1 hits all the android, symbian, windows, and rim devices, the cheese will stand alone.
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
post #53 of 166
Quote:
"Developers should be prepared for Apple to remove existing content and applications (100+ on the store today) created with Flash CS5 from the iTunes store."

Can anyone provide the title of a good (relatively speaking) app still available on the App Store that was built with Flash in this manner? It's not a loaded question, I would like to try one and see if it's at all possible to create something worthwhile using Adobe's now-forbidden tool.
post #54 of 166
Maybe Adobe will try and hurt Apple back by producing mediocre software for the Mac platform so that when benchmarks will show how much faster things are on the Windows platform?
post #55 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreytgilbert View Post

Flash 9 and Flash 10 already run on mobile devices FAR BETTER than anything in HTML5 and Canvas which you probably don't know is ONLY A DRAFT! Dude, you guys are pimping something that's not even adopted or finalized! When Flash Player 10.1 hits all the android, symbian, windows, and rim devices, the cheese will stand alone.

So how long have you trolled for Adobe? Are they paying you per post or by the day?

Your cheese has been standing alone, rotting, and now producing a rather big stink. How many violins have we listened to from folks like you clamoring how product X (Android, Flash, Droid, blah..) is going to take over the world and smack Apple in the face, only to see (yet another) blowout report about how many consumers flat-out prove you are snorting your own koolaid powder for maximum effect?

But hey, wait till Flash 10.1 - that has been delayed - comes!! What next? They will botch 10.1, but wait until they work the kinks out in 10.2!!! Hold on... 10.3 will finally be the one!!! *yawn*

Adobe had three years to get their act together and they still haven't a clue. Now, they see they are becoming irrelevant as they realize the world did not actually "need" them.

Would you like some whine with your cheese?
post #56 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder1259 View Post

Say what you like, I enjoy an occasional McDonalds hamburger!

even though your intestines crash occasionally after consumption...
post #57 of 166
Pardon my ignorance, but why is HTML5 cast as hero while Flash is cast as the villain? If HTML5 equals Flash, and they can be used interchangeably (ignoring various performance issues) to do the same sorts of things, what makes Flash so evil? Is that the same thing that makes HTML5 so great?

Isn't the anger currently aimed at Flash more appropriately aimed at slow-loading banner ads and commercialism? If Flash is gone, will the banner ads and commercialism disappear? Will getting rid of Flash speed up our web experience? Or will it simply close off a good graphics and animation tool, and force us all to use another one?

Flash can be used for annoying banner ads. Is that not true of HTML5?
Flash can slow down site load times. Is that not true of HTML5?

Flash has programmable interactivity, vector graphics, and can be used to build custom interactive experiences. If HTML5 builds the same sorts of things, what makes one of these technologies outdated crap and the other a futuristic panacea?

Another related thought - if Flash is being replaced by HTML5, why doesn't Adobe build a compiler, not to iPhone, but to HTML5? Isn't it an open standard that is supported by iPhone, and therefore a way around any proprietary political legal maneuvers by Apple?
post #58 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by imarcw View Post

Can anyone provide the title of a good (relatively speaking) app still available on the App Store that was built with Flash in this manner? It's not a loaded question, I would like to try one and see if it's at all possible to create something worthwhile using Adobe's now-forbidden tool.


http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/f...hone/#examples

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #59 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

... how many consumers flat-out prove you are snorting your own koolaid powder for maximum effect?

Ahhhhh Flash ....
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Reply
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Reply
post #60 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleshorts View Post

if Flash is being replaced by HTML5, why doesn't Adobe build a compiler, not to iPhone, but to HTML5? Isn't it an open standard that is supported by iPhone, and therefore a way around any proprietary political legal maneuvers by Apple?

Apple also owns the canvas tag which is not in the HTML5 spec but is however supported to one degree or another by all modern browsers except IE. The canvas tag is the key to any sort of Flash like animation and interactivity in HTML5. IE9 is rumored to be deploying most of the HTML5 proposed spec (except for the canvas tag). Wouldn't you know it. See MS has a piece of software they don't want made obsolete, Silverlight. So to protect Silverlight they are not likely to endorse the Apple owned technology, canvas tag, although Apple has said it plans to openly license the technology, it hasn't happened yet.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #61 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKWalsh4 View Post

I, for one, enjoying reading the comments afterwards where everyone is drooling over his post.

well, it may have something to do with mike chambers being very selective about approving any opposing posts. so much for the 'open platform' he's bragging about. i find it hilarious that adobe's 'flash evangelist' and the 'project manager for flash' are out in full force over this.

now they're celebrating the availability of a signup for the flash mobile 10.1 beta. any day now. no word on the final release day. but lots of promises about how awesome it's going to be on android, palm's webos (only months late so far) and even winmo7 (also just around the corner).

stop whining and fix flash for the mac, adobe. when you're done with that, fix photoshop's awful interface, embrace mac specific os features, and show us that you're still up to the job. after that, we'll talk about flash on the iphone and your plans to take over everybody's platform with your custom 'development tools'.

at your current rate of mac development, that should give you about 10 years. by then advances in hardware might even make full flash on mobiles bearable.

sorry, we can't guarantee that we'll still care by then.
post #62 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Yeah Adobe so sucks

I got to go, my pirated CS5 torrent is almost done downloading. I sure hope the the keygen works, I love taking money away from those selfish bastards.

i've heard you say that before. i have no sympathy for pirates and don't care for their problems.

but you have to acknowledge that there are longstanding problems with mac versions of adobe's software that are not related to warez. the complaints go back years. lumping genuine complaints in with problems in pre-relase versions is at best a way to deflect from legitimate concerns of users and at worst FUD.
post #63 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWilco View Post

Nope it isn't but there are lots of alternatives to McDonalds. Or because its very popular should they be forced to have a vegan menu, kosher menu, low carb menu or other items not of their choice on the Menu?

That's exactly the issue with Apple, they sold you a device they made no promises of what if would do beyond what was available at the time of purchase. You don't like their choices buy a phone that suits your purpose.

There are Android Phones, Linux phones, Symbian phones, Palm phones (supposedly better O/S but crappy hardware/marketing), Samsung (whatever they plan to call their smartphone OS), coming soon Windows 7 phones. So pick one that meets your needs and move on.

All the rants seem to act like Apple is going to control all communications in the universe, its just a stupid smart phone (or tablet).
I mean Google is much more in a position to control information/communications (internet content, office apps, storage, search, advertising,phones, fiber networks, their own O/S, possible now semiconductors, and even talk of them buying into wireless (sprint?) ) from end-to-end then Apple.

Well actually McDonald's does have food for vegetarians, and all the meat in all of the McDonald's in Isreal is kosher, but I'm getting away from my point

With the iphone, you've got a generic device that seems to appeal to a lot of people, and as that user base grows, more and more the rest of the industry looks at its success as "what to do." Heck, to build on my McDonald's analogy, you can see that McDonald's wasn't the first, but the key to their success has been imitated many times over, and we are a much fatter nation because of it. At least with McDonald's people admit they're buying delicious garbage.

So when Jobs lies about flash being a cpu hog, and everyone just agrees without question, it does have a ripple effect on the rest of the industry. People are making the comment that Adobe is ripping on Apple for something that no other phone has, but they ignore the obvious in that Steve Jobs has no problem ripping on flash under the same exact circumstances.

It's all so stupid.
post #64 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofino View Post

i've heard you say that before. i have no sympathy for pirates and don't care for their problems.

but you have to acknowledge that there are longstanding problems with mac versions of adobe's software that are not related to warez. the complaints go back years. lumping genuine complaints in with problems in pre-relase versions is at best a way to deflect from legitimate concerns of users and at worst FUD.

Sorry no I was not inferring that at all. I was making an attempt at sarcasm that all these Adobe haters will happily use and profit from Adobe products despite their complaints. And if they can get said product for free, kewl!

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #65 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Apple also owns the canvas tag which is not in the HTML5 spec but is however supported to one degree or another by all modern browsers except IE. The canvas tag is the key to any sort of Flash like animation and interactivity in HTML5. IE9 is rumored to be deploying most of the HTML5 proposed spec (except for the canvas tag). Wouldn't you know it. See MS has a piece of software they don't want made obsolete, Silverlight. So to protect Silverlight they are not likely to endorse the Apple owned technology, canvas tag, although Apple has said it plans to openly license the technology, it hasn't happened yet.

by that logic microsoft would have never worked as closely with adobe to optimise flash for windows as the adobe boys want us to believe when they lay the blame for flash performance on the mac at apple's feet.
post #66 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisEMayle View Post

Ahhhhh Flash ....

funny...it looks like ballmer before his "developers, developers, developers" keynotes
post #67 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleshorts View Post

Pardon my ignorance, but why is HTML5 cast as hero while Flash is cast as the villain? If HTML5 equals Flash, and they can be used interchangeably (ignoring various performance issues) to do the same sorts of things, what makes Flash so evil? Is that the same thing that makes HTML5 so great?

Isn't the anger currently aimed at Flash more appropriately aimed at slow-loading banner ads and commercialism? If Flash is gone, will the banner ads and commercialism disappear? Will getting rid of Flash speed up our web experience? Or will it simply close off a good graphics and animation tool, and force us all to use another one?

Flash can be used for annoying banner ads. Is that not true of HTML5?
Flash can slow down site load times. Is that not true of HTML5?

Flash has programmable interactivity, vector graphics, and can be used to build custom interactive experiences. If HTML5 builds the same sorts of things, what makes one of these technologies outdated crap and the other a futuristic panacea?

Another related thought - if Flash is being replaced by HTML5, why doesn't Adobe build a compiler, not to iPhone, but to HTML5? Isn't it an open standard that is supported by iPhone, and therefore a way around any proprietary political legal maneuvers by Apple?

HTML5 is free. Flash requires a license, and therefore it's Adobe's way of having control over the web (or something.)

What Adobe needs to do is highlight what flash can do that html5 can't.

To be perfectly honest, I think most people don't even care beyond watching videos on the web. I like to play a ren and stimpy fart cannon game every once in a while lol.
post #68 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

This issue of Flash always makes me see 'red' and if you want to know a company that I would love to drive a bulldozer through, then it is adobe. Someone talked about Adobe could not sue Apple, will all us mac customers should sue Adobe for its lousy, quick, cheap, fixes it calls software, it has tried to sell Mac community in last 10 years, hoping that OS would die and everyone would port to windows based PCs.

Adobe and your evangelist can go shove your empty promises were the sun does not shine. I will stick with iPhone/Mac product, if only NOT to have to deal with Adobe's apparent saviour to us all 'FLASH'

Help kill Adobe's Flash. Join YouTube's HTML5 beta and on Vimeo just click the "Switch to HTML5 player" link below any video. http://www.youtube.com/html5

I understand your point, but at a certain level, why should Adobe optimize the code for Mac, especially when they have essentially been told that no matter what they do, they will never have access to the mobile platform.
post #69 of 166

I own...

1 Android Phone, 2 iPads, 1 Nook reader, 1 Mac Desktop, 1 Windows Laptop, 1 Linux Server, 1 FireTV

 

They all are used regularly and each have their place. Competition is good.

Reply

I own...

1 Android Phone, 2 iPads, 1 Nook reader, 1 Mac Desktop, 1 Windows Laptop, 1 Linux Server, 1 FireTV

 

They all are used regularly and each have their place. Competition is good.

Reply
post #70 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Sorry no I was not inferring that at all. I was making an attempt at sarcasm that all these Adobe haters will happily use and profit from Adobe products despite their complaints. And if they can get said product for free, kewl!

thanks for clearing that up.

i think the hate you get from long time mac users (like myself) is very much based in the neglect we've endured at the hands of adobe. when up to 50% of CS revenue comes from mac users, i think we're entitled to have our complaints heard and acted upon.

so far that hasn't happened.

(I keep reading all kinds of numbers on adobe's mac revenue, i'd love it if somebody could point me to a credible source, i'd appreciate that.)

when you ignore an important part of your user base (and revenue) for this long, it shouldn't surprise adobe if we take the opportunity to climb on the soapbox they handed us. we rely on adobe's software, and we used to love them. i want them to STFU and start working.

I want adobe to be a proud & competent mac developer again. i don't give a shit about their platform plans. i'm curious how profitable this whole flash app development really is for them.

sometimes it feels like the microsoft scenario, where they sink billions of windows/office revenue into xbox development.
post #71 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by grking View Post

I understand your point, but at a certain level, why should Adobe optimize the code for Mac, especially when they have essentially been told that no matter what they do, they will never have access to the mobile platform.

because a huge chunk of their income comes from mac users. that's why.
so far very little income comes from iphone users.
post #72 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreytgilbert View Post

Flash 9 and Flash 10 already run on mobile devices FAR BETTER than anything in HTML5 and Canvas which you probably don't know is ONLY A DRAFT! Dude, you guys are pimping something that's not even adopted or finalized! When Flash Player 10.1 hits all the android, symbian, windows, and rim devices, the cheese will stand alone.

I agree with you. I want flash on my phone. However adobe has nothing working worth a crap out there yet on any phones. Anyone who says otherwise has not actually tried it in real world. A friend of mine was bragging about flash 9 on his phone. I went to hulu and guess what. It doesn't work! Let adobe stop whinning when they have a "REAL" version of flash on ANY phone. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but as of today, I have never actually seen a working version of flash on a mobile device that does everything the desktop version does.
post #73 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

The weird thing about all of this is that Adobe is getting belligerent about Apple not participating in some imaginary world where Flash runs great on other mobile devices.

Whereas in fact there are, let's see now..... none. All we have is the promise of software already going on a year late. It's just bizarre that anyone, let alone Adobe, could excoriate Apple for not getting with a program that doesn't fucking exist.

I love this comment because it's true!

When it comes right down to it, there is no really Flash on any phone out there now anyway. All we have is Flash Lite (which sucks ass) and yet Adobe and every dipshit pundit out there (and those who listens to them) are screaming and yelling about how there is no Flash on the iPhone.

Flash has it's place and that place is the desktop. I personally dont think it has any place on the iPhone (or any mobile device for that matter) simply because it was designed on the desktop for the desktop YEARS before touch technology was anything other than a concept.

You can't just duct tape and hot glue an old technology onto a piece of new technology and hope it works. You have to rethink it from the ground up; something Adobe is not good at (and never has been).

Apple seems to be singlehandedly driving how the future of touch is implemented and this is what they are saying:

"These are not desktop devices people! If they were, we would have slapped some touch capability on OS X (like MS did with Windows "touch") and left you with that. Instead we've started from scratch with a touch OS and are creating the rules to make it go... and Flash has no place here."
post #74 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

Maybe Adobe will try and hurt Apple back by producing mediocre software for the Mac platform so that when benchmarks will show how much faster things are on the Windows platform?

you mean business as usual?
post #75 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

If Apple were to allow Flash on the iPhone, nobody would ever download a game from the App Store ever again. Launch the Flash app, navigate to a Flash-based game, and never have to buy a game again.

So, in theory, you would only need one app to play a thousand games instead of download a thousand games from the App Store.

Seems like a pretty smart decision if you run a company who happens to want to turn a profit for its shareholders.

right. because there are no free games on the app store. this canard is getting old. kill it now.
post #76 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by grking View Post

I understand your point, but at a certain level, why should Adobe optimize the code for Mac, especially when they have essentially been told that no matter what they do, they will never have access to the mobile platform.

Are you saying that Adobe should not optimize Flash for Mac, because it won't be getting access to the iPhone?


btw: Am I the only one who sometimes wake up in the morning and find their mac running all night unable to go into sleep mode because of some crappy flash ads?
post #77 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticknick View Post

I love this comment because it's true!

When it comes right down to it, there is no really Flash on any phone out there now anyway. All we have is Flash Lite (which sucks ass) and yet Adobe and every dipshit pundit out there (and those who listens to them) are screaming and yelling about how there is no Flash on the iPhone.

It goes both ways you know. Jobs has no problem trashing flash for mobile when it doesn't exist yet, then everyone here repeats it. CPU HOG! DRAIN BATTERY! ADOBE=BAD!

It's all bullshit.
post #78 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

It goes both ways you know. Jobs has no problem trashing flash for mobile when it doesn't exist yet, then everyone here repeats it. CPU HOG! DRAIN BATTERY! ADOBE=BAD!

It's all bullshit.

I think Flash on desktop is a good indicator for the same crap on phone.

You are kidding yourself if you say that flash is working great for you, whether you are on mac, windows or linux.
post #79 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetim View Post

I agree with you. I want flash on my phone. However adobe has nothing working worth a crap out there yet on any phones. Anyone who says otherwise has not actually tried it in real world. A friend of mine was bragging about flash 9 on his phone. I went to hulu and guess what. It doesn't work! Let adobe stop whinning when they have a "REAL" version of flash on ANY phone. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but as of today, I have never actually seen a working version of flash on a mobile device that does everything the desktop version does.

i think that's exactly what all this mudslinging and whining from adobe's people is all about. misdirecting from the fact that they don't actually have a shipping version. for any mobile device.

mike chambers claims 'There is no technical reason that Flash cant run on the iPhone', and even some people here have claimed to have working versions of flash on their iphones.

i want to see it! show me! but i also want to see it run well, not eat batteries and provide the same experience as the desktop version (but obviously without the power drainage like the mac osx version).

i think it's up to adobe now to prove steve jobs wrong. it's been 3 years of claims.
now put up - or shut up.

when flash finally emerges for android/webos/winmo7, we will find out what the minimum hardware requirements are going to be. if it needs anything more than the original iphone offered, i'd be inclined to think that steve jobs was right all along.
post #80 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

It goes both ways you know. Jobs has no problem trashing flash for mobile when it doesn't exist yet, then everyone here repeats it. CPU HOG! DRAIN BATTERY! ADOBE=BAD!

It's all bullshit.

i'm guessing steve is a mac user. he probably has experienced it himself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Adobe abandons development of Flash-to-iPhone porting software