or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › K-PAX Question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

K-PAX Question

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
<a href="http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/k-pax_tlr2.html" target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/k-pax_tlr2.html</a>

In the trailor of K-PAX there is a song in the last 1/3 of the trailor that I need...but I dont know the name of that song, could anybody help me???
post #2 of 12
I have no idea.. sorry.
I'm not living... I'm just killing time.
Reply
I'm not living... I'm just killing time.
Reply
post #3 of 12
That's the ahhhh ahhhha ahh song.
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Anybody, please?
post #5 of 12
Probably one of <a href="http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=2032779555/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=K-PAX/itemid=1437373" target="_blank">"these"...</a>

I dont use any of these players... so I cant tell you what one it might be...

------------------------------------

© FERRO 2001-2002
post #6 of 12
Since I'm movie score buff, I can answer this in a snap. It's the End Titles from James Horner's score to Apollo 13.
I can change my sig again!
Reply
I can change my sig again!
Reply
post #7 of 12
It's amazing how many trailers recycle music from recent movies. For a while it seemed like about half the trailers out there were using that music from "Get Shorty."
Why am I whispering?
Reply
Why am I whispering?
Reply
post #8 of 12
Most trailers do that because it will attract your attention and you'll associate stuff. An example was when Saving Private Ryan came out and its trailer used music from An American President. Shortly after, Jack Frost, that dumb movie with Michael Keaton resurrected as a snow man used that music too...

Advertisers have been trying other methods though...like using completely unknown music to perk your ears...

Think about the VW Wedding commercial...Never heard of the artist before the commercial, but his music was catchy... <a href="http://www.jralph.com/" target="_blank">http://www.jralph.com/</a>

And there's also the Mitsubishi Eclipse ad with Start the Commotion by the Wiseguys...
I can change my sig again!
Reply
I can change my sig again!
Reply
post #9 of 12
[quote]Originally posted by Eugene:
<strong>And there's also the Mitsubishi Eclipse ad with Start the Commotion by the Wiseguys...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah ... that's a great ad. I still can't help watching it whenever it comes on.
Why am I whispering?
Reply
Why am I whispering?
Reply
post #10 of 12
[quote]Originally posted by Eugene:
<strong>Most trailers do that because it will attract your attention and you'll associate stuff. An example was when Saving Private Ryan came out and its trailer used music from An American President. Shortly after, Jack Frost, that dumb movie with Michael Keaton resurrected as a snow man used that music too...

Advertisers have been trying other methods though...like using completely unknown music to perk your ears...

Think about the VW Wedding commercial...Never heard of the artist before the commercial, but his music was catchy... <a href="http://www.jralph.com/" target="_blank">http://www.jralph.com/</a>

And there's also the Mitsubishi Eclipse ad with Start the Commotion by the Wiseguys...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Exactly, and I immediately know that the movie sucks. <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
Reply
post #11 of 12
[quote]Originally posted by Eugene:
<strong>Most trailers do that because it will attract your attention and you'll associate stuff. An example was when Saving Private Ryan came out and its trailer used music from An American President. Shortly after, Jack Frost, that dumb movie with Michael Keaton resurrected as a snow man used that music too...</strong><hr></blockquote>
The reason is that when previews are put together, the score is typically still in production. Music appropriate to the movie is chosen, usually from earlier work by the same composer, or other movies from the same studio.
Chicanery.
Reply
Chicanery.
Reply
post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
[quote]Originally posted by Eugene:
<strong>Since I'm movie score buff, I can answer this in a snap. It's the End Titles from James Horner's score to Apollo 13.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks! I actually had that song in iTunes all along I just didnt know the name of it...I had it under Jon Williams though. <img src="graemlins/embarrassed.gif" border="0" alt="[Embarrassed]" />
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › K-PAX Question