or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Gulf Coast oil spill could eclipse Exxon Valdez

Gulf Coast oil spill could eclipse Exxon Valdez - Page 11

post #401 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

The error is your MJ.

Quote:

It's a reply to my question posed to Noah. Not just a statement by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001

I'll tell you what I would have done:

Quote:

Now we will never know what he would have said without SDW.

Clever and subtle little change you made there.

Quote:

There's absolutuely no way you can spin this to reflect what you just said.

No way that's honest or makes sense that is.

<resists making a perfectly appropriate but ban-able comment>

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #402 of 700
Quote:

But would it have been there if not for Obama?

According to who? You? Hands Sandon? Obama?

post #403 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Clever and subtle little change you made there.

<resists making a perfectly appropriate but ban-able comment>

Don't tell me I got under that thick hide of yours?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #404 of 700
Quote:

The $20 billion is from BP not Obama!

And if Obama hadn't pushed for it do you think BP would have, at it's own volition, cancelled it's dividends payout and put $20 billion in the pot?
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #405 of 700
Quote:

According to who? You? Hands Sandon? Obama?

Sorry but in our reality that's just the way it played out.

Maybe in some other parallel univese you could make this work better for your case.
post #406 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

Bush's brain has been on vacation since birth without press or secret service.

Yet another Obama apologist tries to shift the blame of this Chicago dunce...

Just for you =>

Poll: Louisianans think Bush did better on Katrina than Obama on oil mess...
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot....rom-spill.html
post #407 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

And if Obama hadn't pushed for it do you think BP would have, at it's own volition, cancelled it's dividends payout and put $20 billion in the pot?

Yes. But you're more than welcome to provide proof that this happened only because Obama made them do it. 'm not seeing it. I see Barack Obama taking credit for it though, and all of his loyal subjects spinning it for him.

post #408 of 700
Quote:

Don't tell me I got under that thick hide of yours?

Nope. You don't have that power.

post #409 of 700
Quote:

Yes. But you're more than welcome to provide proof that this happened only because Obama made them do it. 'm not seeing it. I see Barack Obama taking credit for it though, and all of his loyal subjects spinning it for him.

Find proof that it didn't! Oops! There I go again!

Since you posed the question first and all.
post #410 of 700
Quote:

Sorry but in our reality that's just the way it played out.

Yep.

post #411 of 700
Quote:

Yep.

In other words you've got nothing.
post #412 of 700
Quote:

Find proof that it didn't! Oops! There I go again!

Since you posed the question first and all.

Actually, Hands Sandon is the one who made the claim that the $20 billion is because of Obama's efforts.

post #413 of 700
Quote:

Actually, Hands Sandon is the one who made the claim that the $20 billion is because of Obama's efforts.

And yes you were the one who challenged that. Don't you have a reason?

I mean I know what I've seen and read. Do you have something else?
post #414 of 700
Quote:

In other words you've got nothing.

You've given us all we need.

post #415 of 700
Quote:

You've given us all we need.

In other words you've still got nothing.

That's ok though. I'm sure you'll come up with something cleaver after I've left.

Pssst! There you go with that refering to yourself in the plural again! I hate to break it to you but there's only one of you.
post #416 of 700
Quote:

In other words you've still got nothing.

That's ok though. I'm sure you'll come up with something cleaver after I've left.

No, it's quite clear to anyone who can read. You've told us all that you're looking at this information in the context of your reality. We get it.

post #417 of 700
Quote:

No, it's quite clear to anyone who can read. You've told us all that you're looking at this information in the context of your reality. We get it.

The word I used was " Our " reality. You quoted it. This is what everyone has seen on TV or read in the newspaper. Do you have anything else concreate to add to this? Opinion excluded of course.
post #418 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Yet another Obama apologist tries to shift the blame of this Chicago dunce...

Just for you =>

Poll: Louisianans think Bush did better on Katrina than Obama on oil mess...
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot....rom-spill.html

And from the same poll-

"One thing the oil spill has not done is created a spike of opposition to offshore drilling in Louisiana. 77% of voters still support it with only 12% against. Only 31% say the spill has made them less inclined to be in favor of drilling while 42% say it hasn't made a difference to them and 28% say they're now stronger in their support."

Given Obama has put in place a 6 month moratorium on drilling and the Repubs have been yelling "don't please, I need my oil so I can export 40% of it", it's hardly surprising they wouldn't view Obama favorably.

post #419 of 700
Quote:

The word I used was " Our reality ".

Which includes you I presume.

Quote:

This is what everyone has seen on TV or read in the newspaper.

And you're probably also going on the notion a lot of people also see it that way.

Quote:

Do you have anything else concreate to add to this?

Nothing concreate or cleaver.

post #420 of 700
Quote:

And you're probably also going on the notion a lot of people also see it that way.

Nothing concreate or cleaver.

Quote:

But not only! Jesus! Surely you can differentiate between these two concepts?

Quote:

Sorry but we can only go on what our senses percieve and out instrumentality can detect. Do you have something else? Batphone perhaps?

Quote:
Nothing concreate or cleaver

Oh well!
post #421 of 700
Quote:

And from the same poll-

"One thing the oil spill has not done is created a spike of opposition to offshore drilling in Louisiana. 77% of voters still support it with only 12% against. Only 31% say the spill has made them less inclined to be in favor of drilling while 42% say it hasn't made a difference to them and 28% say they're now stronger in their support."

So the poll is suggesting that people are looking at this situation rationally and reasonably and in the larger context rather than panicking and going all Chicken Little and whatnot?

post #422 of 700
Quote:

\

Quote:

Sorry but we can only go on what our senses percieve and out instrumentality can detect.

Your loyalty is admirable.

Quote:

Oh well!

Genius. Pure genius.

post #423 of 700
Quote:

Do you think Obama tried to get them down?

Here's how Reuters put it-

"Under intense pressure from President Barack Obama, BP Plc agreed on Wednesday to set up a $20 billion fund for claims from its huge Gulf of Mexico oil spill and suspended dividend payments to its shareholders."
~ http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-49363220100616

post #424 of 700
Quote:

\

Your loyalty is admirable.

Genius. Pure genius.

Originally posted by jimmac :

Quote:

Quote:
\

Oh well if you can't there's nothing I can do for you.

One concept involves one person the other everyone with a tv or a newspaper ( or even a radio or Batphone ).

Oh well.
post #425 of 700
Quote:

Here's how Reuters put it-

"Under intense pressure from President Barack Obama, BP Plc agreed on Wednesday to set up a $20 billion fund for claims from its huge Gulf of Mexico oil spill and suspended dividend payments to its shareholders."
~ http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-49363220100616

Yes, I get that the media is parroting the Obama propaganda. And?

post #426 of 700
Quote:

One concept involves one person the other everyone with a tv or a newspaper ( or even a radio or Batphone ).

Thanks.

post #427 of 700
Quote:

That's an easy statement. As you would say : " Do you have proof? "
post #428 of 700
Quote:

Thanks.

You're welcome!
post #429 of 700
Quote:

That's an easy statement. As you would say : " Do you have proof? "

The evidence is right in the article:

Quote:
Obama announced the deal on the special fund after White House officials held four-hour talks with BP executives...

Quote:
The White House said it did not believe that BP would have agreed to set up the special fund without pressure.

Reuters is reporting what the White House told them.

post #430 of 700
Quote:

The evidence is right in the article:

Reuters is reporting what the White House told them.

What?

Excuse me but you seemed to be implying that the media would say whatever Obama wanted them to no matter what. Now if I'm in error on this please let me know because it would seem " Parroting " and " Quoting " ( pun intended ) are also two different things.

Also are you saying that it's untrue that BP will come up with the money?
post #431 of 700
Quote:

What?

Excuse me but you seemed to be implying that the media would say whatever Obama wanted them to no matter what. Now if I'm in error on this please let me know because it would seem " Parroting " and " Quoting " ( pun intended ) are also two different things.

Of course.

Quote:

Also are you saying that it's untrue that BP will come up with the money?

Nope.

post #432 of 700
Quote:

Of course.

Nope.

Thanks for clearing that up!
post #433 of 700
Not a chance BP will come up with the money. They will go under bankruptcy protection, and a 5% Gulf cleanup tax will be added on gasoline and diesel purchases.
post #434 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Not a chance BP will come up with the money. They will go under bankruptcy protection, and a 5% Gulf cleanup tax will be added on gasoline and diesel purchases.

Quote:
and a 5% Gulf cleanup tax will be added on gasoline and diesel purchases

Excuse me but I was discussing this with a friend the other day. Isn't there a law now that prevents BP from passing this on to the consumer? Perhaps someone here knows. About the other I would doubt that will happen. BP would probably be finished as a company if that happened.

Also I just found this : http://www.csmonitor.com/From-the-ne...-spill-cleanup

Quote:
Using bankruptcy law now won't help BP, its US workers or oil spill cleanup
post #435 of 700
Quote:

Here's another one MJ19.70BILLION-

"Squeezed by a resolute White House, BP buckled last night to demands that it place $20 billion (£13.5bn) in an independently managed account to settle claims arising from the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and suspend dividend payments to its shareholders for the rest of this year.

The unusual and costly concessions were announced at the end of nearly four hours of sometimes intense negotiations at the White House between the principals of both sides, including BP chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg and, for a portion of the time at least, President Barack Obama.

The deal concluded weeks of bitter arm-wrestling between both sides. Obliging BP to put billions into a protected account was a key pledge of President Obama in his first Oval Office address to the nation on Tuesday night."
~ http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-2002681.html

post #436 of 700
Quote:

Isn't there a law now that prevents BP from passing this on to the consumer?

Even if there was such a law, how exactly would this be tracked and enforced?

This reminds of the fact that most "tax corporations" folks are too obtuse to realize that corporate taxes are actually paid by the company's customers. Doh!

post #437 of 700
Quote:
Squeezed by a resolute White House, BP buckled last night to demands...

No, keep it coming. This is really good stuff.

Quote:
The unusual and costly concessions were announced at the end of nearly four hours of sometimes intense negotiations at the White House between the principals of both sides, including BP chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg and, for a portion of the time at least, President Barack Obama.

Come on now, repeat after me: "Dat Obama he sur done good and gave to 'em hard! He sure gone and whooped der ass!"

post #438 of 700
Quote:

Even if there was such a law, how exactly would this be tracked and enforced?

This reminds of the fact that most "tax corporations" folks are too obtuse to realize that corporate taxes are actually paid by the company's customers. Doh!

Well I really think there's so much attention on this now it would be very noticable if it did happen.
post #439 of 700
Quote:

No, keep it coming. This is really good stuff.

Come on now, repeat after me: "Dat Obama he sur done good and gave to 'em hard! He sure gone and whooped der ass!"

Now that's not a very nice thing to say.
post #440 of 700
Quote:

Excuse me but I was discussing this with a friend the other day. Isn't there a law now that prevents BP from passing this on to the consumer? Perhaps someone here knows. About the other I would doubt that will happen. BP would probably be finished as a company if that happened.

Also I just found this : http://www.csmonitor.com/From-the-ne...-spill-cleanup

The government will pass it on to the consumer.
BP most likely is finished as the company we know today.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Gulf Coast oil spill could eclipse Exxon Valdez