or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › brendanP

brendanP

post #1 of 2
Help Please. I am a new itunes subscriber but will have to cease purchasing if I cannot burn CD-Rs to play on my Bose. Bose tell me that I will need to convert to WAV files.

How do I do this? I notice in other threads that this process has caused frustration to others.
Thanks in anticipation
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanP View Post

Help Please. I am a new itunes subscriber but will have to cease purchasing if I cannot burn CD-Rs to play on my Bose. Bose tell me that I will need to convert to WAV files.

How do I do this? I notice in other threads that this process has caused frustration to others.
Thanks in anticipation

What Bose do you have that decodes WAV? Still it can use audio cds, just like store bought ones.

The Bose systems online can decode Mp3 music disks and audio cd´s, both which iTunes can burn a cd in either format from AAC iTunes purchased music.

The difference between audio and Mp3 music disks one gets a lot more songs per cd with the Mp3 format, but itś a compressed format, so the device playing it has to be able to decode the file as it´s played.

If you don´t plan on using the cd´s on other devices without Mp3 decoding, then itś fine, use Mp3, otherwise use audio cd when you burn.

iTunes Music Store sells AAC encoded music files, these can be burned as a Mp3 or audio format to cd´s. (Or even to cd´s and dvd´s as a data format for backup)

1: Create a playlist with the songs you want on the cd

Audio cd´s will take about 10-14 songs and Mp3´s cds will take a lot more, depending upon the lenght of the songs.

2: Click Burn Disk in the lower right hand corner

3: Chose Audio cd or Mp3 cd and click Burn.

Now the cd is a rather crude way of playing music through the Bose. The Bose has audio input jacks, either a red and white pair of RCA or a stereo mini input jack.

Your Mac or PC has a stereo output jack, so all your need to do is get a male/male stereo mini cable or a stereo mini to RCA breakout cable.

Set the Bose to Aux and play via iTunes. Set iTunes volume high and use the remote to control the volume on the Bose.

Another method is to get a iPod, the more storage the better is usually the safe bet and get a Bose iPod dock connector.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › brendanP