or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama's Terror Sieve

Obama's Terror Sieve

post #1 of 50
Bang up job Obama! First he flops on Nidal Malik Hasan at Fort Hood. Then the underpants bomber is allowed to board after his own father turned him in to the CIA. Now the "person of interest" for times square failed bombing is a Pakistani that was making trips to Pakistan recently.

Good thing for Obama they are so bad at what they do. The only successful one was trained by Obama's military.

How's that hopey changey think working out you?
post #2 of 50
It's "for" you...Sheesh, can't you rethugs get anything right?
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #3 of 50
Haha....white guy caught on video running away and stuffing t-shirt into bag...

Police arrest Pakistani.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #4 of 50
Obama's Terror Sieve had to pull the plane back from the tarmac. Maybe he talked into his shoe to Ms TheSystemWorked to tell her to stop the plane?

Man in Custody in Car-Bomb Inquiry
post #5 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Obama's Terror Sieve had to pull the plane back from the tarmac. Maybe he talked into his shoe to Ms TheSystemWorked to tell her to stop the plane?

Man in Custody in Car-Bomb Inquiry

What's a terror Sieve? Is it like an Intent Game?

You guys need to supply a dictionary of terms...or speak comprehensible English after rationally formulating the idea you wish to express.....though that might be too much to ask I realize that.
post #6 of 50
There are so few Pakistanis in the US. And so few Pakistanis travel to Pakistan. I mean why on EARTH would a Pakistani be traveling to Pakistan? It's not like any of them have family there or anything! Red Flag!

Each and every one of those Pakistanis should be secretly wire tapped, and if they're not, it's Obama's fault!

Yeah. That's the ticket.

Seriously, though. Floorjack. Do you believe all Pakistani American citizens who travel to Pakistan should be secretly monitored? How about Iranian Americans who travel to Iran? How about Arab Americans who travel to Saudi Arabia? How about Egyptian Americans who travel to Egypt? How about Indonesian Americans who travel back to Indonesia? How about Filipino Americans who travel to the Philippines? Hell... I forgot about the IRA. How about Irish Americans who travel to Ireland? How about Spanish Americans who travel to Spain?

Where does it end, Floorjack?

Please answer the above questions with all honesty, and you'll be exposed.
post #7 of 50
Is Floorjack SDW? It explains a lot...
post #8 of 50
Actually there is some kudos here all around to law enforcement if the news on the morning network is correct... apparently a Pakistani national (and others?) were grabbed at JFK on the plane back to Saudi in response to this attempted NYC bombing... break in case was engine block VIN number tracked to guy who bought it! Good gumshoe investigation! This is how law enforcement is suppose to work so good job guys!
post #9 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Actually there is some kudos here all around to law enforcement if the news on the morning network is correct... apparently a Pakistani national (and others?) were grabbed at JFK on the plane back to Saudi in response to this attempted NYC bombing... break in case was engine block VIN number tracked to guy who bought it! Good gumshoe investigation! This is how law enforcement is suppose to work so good job guys!

Yea good job closing the barn door after the horse got out and boarded a plane to Dubai.
post #10 of 50
Quote:

It's not as simple as that....

First he was on a plane to Dubai not Saudi.

Then there is the issue of the phoned claim of responsibility (interestingly reported from the same news-source that routinely deals with the 'Obama' messages - including the proven faked ones - and has strong ties to a Middle Eastern country we can't name because it will push the TFH deflect button on the sheep so-enabled) from 'Pakistan' which was discounted and claimed to have no foundation by the authorities.

Then there is 'white T-shirt man' who has conveniently dropped from the radar.

Looks to me like Obama was trying to find justification to get into Pakistan - or, more likely, it is part of a longer term build-up to the same end so more in the works - but it went wrong.
post #11 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Yea good job closing the barn door after the horse got out and boarded a plane to Dubai.

Well... they grabbed him nonetheless... good investigative work!

And of course Mayor Michael Bloomberg proves himself to be a fool:

Bloomberg later told CBS Evening News Anchor Katie Couric that the suspect behind the bombing attempt could be a domestic terrorist angry at the government who acted alone. If I had to guess 25 cents, this would be exactly that. Homegrown, or maybe a mentally deranged person, or somebody with a political agenda that doesnt like the health care bill or something. It could be anything, he said.
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/0...should-resign/
post #12 of 50
Quote:

Well... they grabbed him nonetheless... good investigative work!

And of course Mayor Michael Bloomberg proves himself to be a fool:

Bloomberg later told CBS Evening News Anchor Katie Couric that the suspect behind the bombing attempt could be a domestic terrorist angry at the government who acted alone. If I had to guess 25 cents, this would be exactly that. Homegrown, or maybe a mentally deranged person, or somebody with a political agenda that doesnt like the health care bill or something. It could be anything, he said.
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/0...should-resign/

He sounds about as dumb as Bill Clinton or Barrack Obama.
post #13 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Is Floorjack SDW? It explains a lot...

No, Floorjack is ScottPhD or whatever his name was, as far as I'm aware...
post #14 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

No, Floorjack is ScottPhD or whatever his name was, as far as I'm aware...

Ah ok...makes even more sense. Don't think that one ever got near a Phd though. Maybe he was NaplesX too - though he had a sense of humour so maybe not.

I'm going to keep watching this thread - seems like a winger circle-jerk at the moment but I have a feeling the wheels will come off pretty soon so a voyeuristic stance might pay dividends..
post #15 of 50
Quote:

Ah ok...makes even more sense. Don't think that one ever got near a Phd though. Maybe he was NaplesX too - though he had a sense of humour so maybe not.

I'm going to keep watching this thread - seems like a winger circle-jerk at the moment but I have a feeling the wheels will come off pretty soon so a voyeuristic stance might pay dividends..

If you really want to watch for the impossible, wait for the liberal media complex news sources in the U.S. to actually report that almost all of these incidents involved people who were...wait for it.... Muslim.

Oh no... they could never do that. It might remind people that you know.... people in that region of the world still hate us.....and Barack Obama his bowing apologies, and claimed pacifism haven't altered that a bit.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #16 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

If you really want to watch for the impossible, wait for the liberal media complex news sources in the U.S. to actually report that almost all of these incidents involved people who were...wait for it.... Muslim.

Oh no... they could never do that. It might remind people that you know.... people in that region of the world still hate us.....and Barack Obama his bowing apologies, and claimed pacifism haven't altered that a bit.

Ok...I'll watch for that. Which Liberal News Service should I watch? Fox News?

I've been looking for some liberal news for years so I'll tune in later.

Meanwhile, while we're waiting, let's have a look at your argument. You said this:

Quote:
almost all of these incidents involved people who were...wait for it.... Muslim.

Almost all WHICH incidents?

You mean Islamist terror attacks presumably. Well let's get this to the Feds you could be on to something big here...

All Islamist terror attacks are by Muslims!!!

Why did we not see this before??????? Why the hell did we not know this 60 years ago in WW2?

Who would have thought that all Luftwaffe attacks would have been by the German Air Force???

Someone should carry the can for this....

Btw: "People in that region of the world still hate us"

What people? All of them? What region?? The whole Middle East? Including Israel? Or just the Indian Subcontinent? They ALL hate you????? Wow....
post #17 of 50
If you could turn a few of those fragments into complete sentences, it would really help.

post #18 of 50
Quote:

If you could turn a few of those fragments into complete sentences, it would really help.

Did someone mention once that you were a teacher Trumpy?? Or was I on a nightmare comedown at the time and hallucinating it?
post #19 of 50
While I find discussing my own job somewhat interesting, it still doesn't improve the inability to comprehend your prior post. Should we just leave the rambling be or did you have a point?

post #20 of 50
Quote:

While I find discussing my own job somewhat interesting, it still doesn't improve the inability to comprehend your prior post. Should we just leave the rambling be or did you have a point?

Yes. I did have one...the two are related...

I was pondering whether your apparent inability to comprehend the basic elements of syntax and English grammatical structure was in the nature of a life-style choice and perhaps part of a PO related persona or - and this would be cause for concern - you were inculcating this somewhat novel approach into the nation's youth.
post #21 of 50
Btw Trumpy: you can answer my questions if you like. I'll rephrase them:

1) Are you implying that everyone in a specific geographical locale hates the US? What size would this are encompass?

2) Or is it perhaps a more ideological stretch of Empire you have in mind: Muslims as a whole?
post #22 of 50
Quote:

Yes. I did have one...the two are related...

I was pondering whether your apparent inability to comprehend the basic elements of syntax and English grammatical structure was in the nature of a life-style choice and perhaps part of a PO related persona or - and this would be cause for concern - you were inculcating this somewhat novel approach into the nation's youth.

You can spend more time speculating about why your desire to personalize disagreements doesn't match up to reality, but I'll have to charge you for that.

Quote:

Btw Trumpy: you can answer my questions if you like. I'll rephrase them:

1) Are you implying that everyone in a specific geographical locale hates the US? What size would this are encompass?

2) Or is it perhaps a more ideological stretch of Empire you have in mind: Muslims as a whole?

I'm not implying nor intending anything beyond what I wrote. Perhaps if you care to address that instead of plumbing your perceived recesses of my mind or my intentions, you would see that.

post #23 of 50
Quote:

I'm not implying nor intending anything beyond what I wrote. Perhaps if you care to address that instead of plumbing your perceived recesses of my mind or my intentions, you would see that.

I'm trying to address it.... that's why I need clarification from you. It doesn't make any sense (well...to you perhaps).

If you can rephrase it then I want to address it.

I mean I could try to decipher it but then you'll just say that's not what you meant and while we often play this game, I'm not really in the mood tonight. Tonight I feel like the direct approach.

You set 'em up. I'll shoot 'em down...come on, it'll be fun..

So...run it by me again...pretend I'm stupid or something...
post #24 of 50
Quote:

I'm trying to address it.... that's why I need clarification from you. It doesn't make any sense (well...to you perhaps).

It doesn't make sense because it comes from a real person and not from the finely crafted caricature in your head.

Asking a real person to keep restating their words so it fits the caricature in your head is sort of silly.

Sorry if the real words don't make sense to you while the caricature apparently does.

Sucks to be you I guess but you can feel free not to address it and go back to the sentence fragment discussion with the imaginary caricature.

post #25 of 50
[QUOTE=trumptman;1626129]
Quote:

I'm trying to address it.... that's why I need clarification from you. It doesn't make any sense (well...to you perhaps). QUOTE]

It doesn't make sense because it comes from a real person and not from the finely crafted caricature in your head.

Asking a real person to keep restating their words so it fits the caricature in your head is sort of silly.

Sorry if the real words don't make sense to you while the caricature apparently does.

Sucks to be you I guess but you can feel free not to address it and go back to the sentence fragment discussion with the imaginary caricature.

Ok..we'll play the old game...will make you look more foolish that way but hey! More fun for me!

You said:

Quote:
people in that region of the world still hate us

This is one of the most ludicrously uninformed statements yet to issue from the yawning pit of introspective ignorance that passes for 'received knowledge' among the Right-wing.

That 'region of the world' must refer to Pakistan given the qualifier 'that' which logically refers to the Pakistani origin of the individual currently undergoing detention.

So we are talking about a region that must include Pakistan and another area - else why not qualify the nation itself - and again. logically (though logic is by no means a useful guide here as we are in wingerland) this must mean India.

So we have an assertion that both India and Pakistan 'hate us'.

We must also include Afghanistan in this assertion as it follows that if both India and Pakistan are hating and are not currently at war with the US then Afghanistan which is, must also be among the haters.

Taking that leap we can extend the querent's intended area to encompass Iran - surely, as they are the devil and deny the Holocaust - and therefore 'the region' must equally stretch upwards to Turkmenistan and westwards to Iraq. Let's throw in Syria too.

So 'the region' stretches from Syria and Jordan (but does not include Israel even though it is a matter of miles from there) to India.

A distance of over 4000 miles.

They all 'hate us'. All of them.

Christians. Muslims (goes without saying) Buddhists. Sikhs, Jains. Zoroastrians, Jews. Atheists.

All of them.

Doesn't seem a very intelligent pov to me.
post #26 of 50
Your caricature sure likes to talk alot. I wrote ten words. You, using the intent game and several logical leaps made it cover an array of people, countries, beliefs, etc.

I hope you had fun. That is quite the strawman you constructed. It might even be a straw skyscraper.

post #27 of 50
Quote:

Your caricature sure likes to talk alot. I wrote ten words. You, using the intent game and several logical leaps made it cover an array of people, countries, beliefs, etc.

I hope you had fun. That is quite the strawman you constructed. It might even be a straw skyscraper.

Heheh...it's just like I said it would be!!
post #28 of 50
Of course it was, now you can bring down the bombs and bullets! They aren't right-wing, they are merely a reaction to those blasphemous ten words!

post #29 of 50
Here's hoping Obama will pull down his defenses and increase the unemployment roles by one.

I know he would consider it a political defeat but he needs to put the security of the US before his political needs.
post #30 of 50
It's amazing how the mind of a conspiracy theorist works. Or fails to work.

Sego, law enforcement rushed through hundreds of hours of surveillance tape in a race against time.
They saw someone change their shirt near the car in question and wanted to talk to him.

They have since said that they have no evidence this person had anything to do with the incident and was most likely just a passer-by.
Other solid leads eventually led to an arrest.

By the way, every cop show for the last two decades has copied this formula.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #31 of 50
I see that none of you have dared to answer my simple question.

Q: Do you think every Pakistani American who travels to Pakistan should be under secret surveillance?
post #32 of 50
Quote:

I see that none of you have dared to answer my simple question.

Q: Do you think every Pakistani American who travels to Pakistan should be under secret surveillance?

I'll bite... yes. We have numerous intelligence entities (CIA, FBI, NSA) and likely several that are so classified they fail to credit a well known acronym so why not provide surveillance of those traveling to Pakistan? We have a case in point of Faisal Shahzad, a a Pakistani-born U.S. citizen, who is claimed to have trained at terror training camps, yet he fails to qualify for addition on our no-fly lists! Why? Why does his name rise to the surface only when he attempts to bomb New York city? Same with recent 'underwear bomber' Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab. Same story! Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano certainly has no clue of the threat these fanatical Muslims pose. Why can't we put these citizens under surveillance before they try to kill Americans?

It seems administration is more interested in fighting the Tea Party movement than the Al Qaeda terrorist movement! That's a shame.
post #33 of 50
Any more takers?
post #34 of 50
Quote:

I think NaplesX has been poking his wee little head around here.
post #35 of 50
Quote:

Any more takers?

I think it much easier to broaden the question and depersonalize it.

Why would in favor of merely monitoring every Pakistani-American who travels to Pakistan? Wouldn't I be more in favor of monitoring every person matches the general terrorist profile who travels to that country? If being Pakistani is part of that risk pool then include it. If being a college educated, non-Pakistani who is Muslim is part of the risk pool then include it.

We live in a real time age but have a government who is reactive and adjusts to events every couple months to couple years. In the age of Google and Apple is it really so hard to develop a profile and apply it reactively and proactively for the prior and next several months to limit risk?

post #36 of 50
Quote:

I think NaplesX has been poking his wee little head around here.

I think you should stop having a conversation with yourself since you are clearly tonton, Seg and Wormhole.

post #37 of 50
And soon, you, too, will be assimilated. Oh, yeah.
post #38 of 50
When I am do I get to see the pics of the wife you were trying to hide from daughter on the iPod?

Because you know... every man has his price.

post #39 of 50
Quote:

I'll bite... yes. We have numerous intelligence entities (CIA, FBI, NSA) and likely several that are so classified they fail to credit a well known acronym so why not provide surveillance of those traveling to Pakistan? We have a case in point of Faisal Shahzad, a a Pakistani-born U.S. citizen, who is claimed to have trained at terror training camps, yet he fails to qualify for addition on our no-fly lists! Why? Why does his name rise to the surface only when he attempts to bomb New York city? Same with recent 'underwear bomber' Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab. Same story! Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano certainly has no clue of the threat these fanatical Muslims pose. Why can't we put these citizens under surveillance before they try to kill Americans?

It seems administration is more interested in fighting the Tea Party movement than the Al Qaeda terrorist movement! That's a shame.

Al Qaida? Al CIA, duh?

In this latest case:
*Bystanders in Times Square witnessed a police drill prior to the bomb attempt. There was a bomb squad training operation ongoing in NYC at the same time. (Sounds familiar).
*The fertilizer used in this "bombing attempt" question, phosphate based is not explosive.
*The man WAS on a no fly list, but nevertheless made it on to the flight.
*This guy is alleged to have attended "terrorist training camp" in Pakistan, and had "explosives" training. yet he didn't even know that the fertilizer was incapable of either exploding, and was not even an oxidizing agent for use in a binary explosive bomb. Police first on the scene said that the bomb was "amateurish", incapable of exploding. Afterwards however, the message quickly morphed into "a deadly blast was narrowly avoided".

What's with this ongoing series on "bungled attacks" by "middle eastern dupes", who appear to make no attempt not to be caught... in other words, "go out of their way *to* get caught in the act"? Compare these to actual, real world terrorist groups, such as the Provisional IRA, ETA, and many others all around the world, which have (and had) a very consistent record of successful and deadly bombings. It's very easy to build a bomb, explode it, and not get caught. When I was in my teens, there was a boy (he was about 16 at the time) on our street who used to invite all his school buddies to watch him set off all kinds of homemade bombs. It was scary. My bedroom windows rattled on many saturday afternoons during that summer vacation. (He now works on the register at a local supermarket ).

The "incompetence" and "ineptitude" regarding every aspect of pulling off bomb attacks, on the part of the what the media and both current and recent administrations has dubbed the "world's most deadly terror gang", defies belief. Get the point? I hope so. It's obvious.

These days, the most publicized bomb attacks are spectacular failures. Or coincide spectacularly with security drills and exercises. Or even consist of threats which cannot possibly happen... such as the deadly "composite liquid explosive" which scared the living hell out of air travelers and prompted a swath of absurd carry-on restrictions. See link here.. makes for a few chuckles, if it wasn't so goddamned stupid..

It's the media who is doing far more terrorizing than any bunch of hypnotized middle eastern drones and dupes could ever hope to achieve, or what their compromised state of awareness allows them to believe.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #40 of 50
Hey so this mindset it quite encouraging:

Quote:
Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and other Republicans say Faisal Shahzad, a naturalized U.S. citizen, should have been treated as an enemy combatant out of the gate. Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn, said as far as he's concerned, Shahzad lost his entitlement to Miranda Rights when he was arrested on terrorism charges.

Quote:
"My own feeling about this is that any time we arrest somebody we suspect to be a terrorist the first thing that ought to happen is they ought to be interviewed without Miranda Rights being given to them," Lieberman said.

Quote:
Going forward, Lieberman said he wants to introduce legislation that would strip U.S. citizenship -- and its inherent rights -- from anyone found to be fighting with a foreign terror group.

WTF?!?!

Quote:
"When it comes to an American citizen, they have a responsibility under the Constitution not to betray their country," Graham said.

Unless elected to high public office.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama's Terror Sieve