or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama's Terror Sieve

Obama's Terror Sieve - Page 2

post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

"Going forward, Lieberman said he wants to introduce legislation that would strip U.S. citizenship -- and its inherent rights -- from anyone found to be fighting with a foreign terror group."

Wouldn't a firing squad be easier?
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Wouldn't a firing squad be easier?

I'm sure it would be. Is easier the goal?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #43 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

When I am do I get to see the pics of the wife you were trying to hide from daughter on the iPod?

Because you know... every man has his price.

Being an exhibitionist, if you were someone I trusted, and a consenting adult as you clearly are, I'd be inclined to show you myself. But after seeing what you did to Shawn, I wouldn't trust you with a picture of the back of my hand.
post #44 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I'm sure it would be. Is easier the goal?

For those of that mindset it appears to be. That's the point. Freedom is clearly not the goal. And you people claim Obama doesn't respect the constitution and the ideals behind it...
post #45 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Being an exhibitionist, if you were someone I trusted, and a consenting adult as you clearly are, I'd be inclined to show you myself. But after seeing what you did to Shawn, I wouldn't trust you with a picture of the back of my hand.

I've know what you've done with that hand and I wouldn't trust me with a picture of it either. Filthy, filthy boy.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #46 of 50
Quote:

For those of that mindset it appears to be. That's the point. Freedom is clearly not the goal.

Freedom is not the goal for many people. That much is clear. These examples from McCain and, particularly Lieberman are merely the most overt and obvious.

Quote:

And you people claim Obama doesn't respect the constitution and the ideals behind it...

Well, to me, it's clear he generally doesn't, but that's for another thread.

post #47 of 50
[QUOTE=segovius;1626141]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Ok..we'll play the old game...will make you look more foolish that way but hey! More fun for me!

You said:

This is one of the most ludicrously uninformed statements yet to issue from the yawning pit of introspective ignorance that passes for 'received knowledge' among the Right-wing.

That 'region of the world' must refer to Pakistan given the qualifier 'that' which logically refers to the Pakistani origin of the individual currently undergoing detention.

So we are talking about a region that must include Pakistan and another area - else why not qualify the nation itself - and again. logically (though logic is by no means a useful guide here as we are in wingerland) this must mean India.

So we have an assertion that both India and Pakistan 'hate us'.

We must also include Afghanistan in this assertion as it follows that if both India and Pakistan are hating and are not currently at war with the US then Afghanistan which is, must also be among the haters.

Taking that leap we can extend the querent's intended area to encompass Iran - surely, as they are the devil and deny the Holocaust - and therefore 'the region' must equally stretch upwards to Turkmenistan and westwards to Iraq. Let's throw in Syria too.

So 'the region' stretches from Syria and Jordan (but does not include Israel even though it is a matter of miles from there) to India.

A distance of over 4000 miles.

They all 'hate us'. All of them.

Christians. Muslims (goes without saying) Buddhists. Sikhs, Jains. Zoroastrians, Jews. Atheists.

All of them.

Doesn't seem a very intelligent pov to me.

Sego, I think you know perfectly well that trump had a salient point concerning the media ignoring any Muslim connection with recent terrorist attacks/attempts. I think you also know what he meant by a "region" hating us. The Middle East is ripe with anti-American sentiment and islamic extremism, more so than any other region in the world. I fail to see what you need to pick apart every last word and play games with semantics. Then again, this is you we're talking about.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #48 of 50
[QUOTE=SDW2001;1631911]
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Sego, I think you know perfectly well that trump had a salient point concerning the media ignoring any Muslim connection with recent terrorist attacks/attempts. I think you also know what he meant by a "region" hating us. The Middle East is ripe with anti-American sentiment and islamic extremism, more so than any other region in the world. I fail to see what you need to pick apart every last word and play games with semantics. Then again, this is you we're talking about.

I think Europe has more anti-American sentiment and islamic extremism.
post #49 of 50
[QUOTE=FloorJack;1631930]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I think Europe has more anti-American sentiment and islamic extremism.

Well.... 'think' is a bit strong.

I would say you more 'believe'. Or want to believe. Or maybe even 'must' believe.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #50 of 50
[QUOTE=SDW2001;1631911]
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Well...Islamic extremism HAS to be more ripe in the ME than anywhere else no? I would say American Patriotism is more rife in the US than anywhere else too.

I think though I was quite even-handed...I did say that the US had the most tolerant approach to Muslims in general in the West and that Islamophobia there is far rarer than in Europe.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama's Terror Sieve