or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AT&T customers claim most dropped calls, least satisfaction

AT&T customers claim most dropped calls, least satisfaction

post #1 of 103
Despite billions of dollars invested in its network in the last year, a new survey has found that AT&T customers report the most dropped calls of any U.S. carrier, and those users are also the least satisfied with their service. (Update: AT&T has responded to the survey findings, as noted below).

ChangeWave Research this week released data from a March survey of 4,040 smartphone subscribers. The results found that AT&T customers reported an average estimate of 4.5 percent of calls were dropped in the last three months. That was the worst of the four major U.S. carriers, and three times worse than rival Verizon, which saw an average call drop estimate of 1.5 percent. AT&T is the exclusive carrier of Apple's iPhone in the U.S.

"AT&T was clearly the worst in the March survey, tacking on yet another increase over the latest ChangeWave research survey," the study concluded. "Furthermore, a closer look at the trends show an increasing number of dropped calls among AT&T customers surveyed, and a steadily decreasing number of dropped calls for Verizon customers."

The two companies were much closer in a poll conducted in Sept. 2008, when 3.6 percent of AT&T calls were reported dropped, compared to 2.7 percent of Verizon calls.

Unsurprisingly, reports of dropped calls correspond strongly with customer satisfaction with their service. While just 23 percent of polled AT&T customers said they are "very satisfied" with their provider, ChangeWave found that 49 percent of Verizon customers considered themselves "very satisfied."

The survey contrasts a study released in February, which found that AT&T had undergone a "drastic makeover" over the span of eight months, improving its 3G network speed by 84 percent. That test, conducted in 13 cities across the country, found that AT&T's network was 94 percent reliable -- the best among its competitors.

In the summer of 2009, the launch of the iPhone 3GS placed a significant strain on AT&T's network, particularly in large cities such as New York and San Francisco. The issue was so serious that the company admitted its shortcomings and vowed to make improvements and do better. The company made significant investments to improve its reception in major metropolitan areas, with billions of dollars in investments. But public perception of the company has continued to struggle, and AT&T has attempted to overcome it with a new ad campaign that has rebranded the wireless carrier with the slogan "Rethink Possible."

While AT&T has made efforts to improve its network, Apple has also reportedly tweaked the iPhone to lessen its strain on 3G data networks. The improvements came about from meetings between Apple's designers and AT&T executives.

Apple's exclusive contract with AT&T for the iPhone is expected to expire this summer. But talk of the handset becoming available on other carriers cooled earlier this year, when Apple executives defended AT&T, and the iPad was announced as compatible only with AT&T's 3G network in the U.S.

But in March, The Wall Street Journal reported that Apple is currently working on a CDMA-capable iPhone that could run on the Verizon network. Such a device would not likely arrive this summer, when the next-generation iPhone is expected to go on sale, as the Journal reported that manufacturing of the CDMA model is not expected to begin until September.

AT&T responds to satisfaction report

AT&T has issued an official response to the survey, saying, "the opinions compiled in this survey are dramatically at odds with actual quantitative results derived from millions of calls made during extensive drive-testing of the AT&T mobile broadband network by a highly respected outside firm.

"Those results, from GWS, show that, on a national basis, AT&T is within just two-tenths of a percent of the industry leader in wireless call retainability. That's a difference of just two calls in a thousand, a virtual dead-heat.

"In fact, the statistically valid drive test shows the AT&T network continues to deliver the nation's fastest 3G network and near best-in-class call retainability nationwide. AT&T's network dropped only 1.44 percent of calls nationwide, within two-tenths of 1 percent of the industry leader and a difference of less than two calls out of 1,000."
post #2 of 103
Hey Apple!

How about reading this now?!?

Good!!!

Or....

Can you read me now?!?

NO!!!!!
post #3 of 103
Apple should create a CDMA phone and others too, their brand and their data consumption is too large now to be tied to one carrier any longer. Plus it would invite competition and bring down prices.

Who the fsck cares it´s not going to ¨the future¨, phones only last about 2 to 3 years anyway or even less.

Right now in my area Metro PCS has a unlimited plan for $45 a month and T-Mobile has a unlimited for $60.

AT&T is $70, Version is $90 and Sprint is $100
post #4 of 103
Using an average for this kind of data is non-sensical.

An iPhone user on AT&T doesn't meet an average - they meet the conditions for that city, that block, that neighborhood.
IT's very likely that the call drop levels for SF, NY are much higher than figures indicate, but all the other areas tested bring the average down (though it's still higher than the others).
post #5 of 103
In Sweden, we have a suburb network. We even have a fully functioning LTE network up and running.
In my experience, the iPhone gets worse service then lets say a Sony Ericsson..

I think it's the metal in the phone.
Probably the reason why they are switching to glass/plastic on the back.
post #6 of 103
Service throughout south Florida is great and I never have dropped calls. However, I was just in Las Vegas last weekend and made a few calls and every single one was dropped mid-call or would not connect. Eventually I had to fall back on text messages just to carry on a conversation. Data was fine though.
post #7 of 103
I agree and disagree.

Subjectively, I've never used a more unreliable network than AT&T. My wife and I chat daily, via two iPhones (2G and 3GS), and we drop three or four times a given conversation. It's a running joke and HUGE frustration both.

So, not many will remember AT$T's mMode, which preceded the iPhone by something like five years, but they made the same claims about it: "We're investing and building out the network, stick with us as we're getting better all the time." Bull cuss then, bull cuss now.

AT$T is an underachiever. Period. If you don't believe me, just take a look at their stock price. It has barely budged since they announced iPhone exclusivity. Pathetic: Apple has ridden the iPhone to become the largest handset maker in the States, and third world wide. AT$T has managed to produce nothing but ... excuses.

When Apple announces a new iPhone carrier partner, we're gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mat0 View Post

An iPhone user on AT&T doesn't meet an average - they meet the conditions for that city, that block, that neighborhood.
IT's very likely that the call drop levels for SF, NY are much higher than figures indicate, but all the other areas tested bring the average down (though it's still higher than the others).
post #8 of 103
I admit my iPhone cell reception is mediocre in my area. I previously had Verizon which never really had any problems around here. Talking with a few friends that still use Verizon, it still seems to be the case.

When there is a college football game in town, my iPhone is actually unable to use 3G - I assume that it is just getting hammered by all the other thousands of iPhones and the network is at capacity. But who knows? Switching to use the Edge network in these senarios seems like a good work-around...
post #9 of 103
Hard to believe AT&T has spent Billions of dollars and the service has gotten worse. Yes we know that the number of users has increased dramatically in the last year, but why hasn't AT&T worked to improve their service???? This is 2010, SHAME ON AT&T !!!! They'll be crying when they lose the EXCLUSIVITY of the IPHONE.
On the other side APPLES IPHONE needs tweaking also, which supposedly has been done on their next model. This remains to be seen and personally I don't believe it.

Many IPHONE users Don't even use their IPHONE as a phone. They strictly use it for internet purposes and Texting and carry another phone around with them. So why is the phone service so bad??? The problem is lack of DEFLECTERS and Towers in the big cities.

APPLE, PLEASE LISTEN.
post #10 of 103
Who did they ask to get this information?

Do the people they asked understand when a dropped call is because of their end and not the other end of the phone call?

Most of the dropped calls I've gotten on my iPhone 3G seem to come down as follows:

All dropped calls where I was on an iPhone through AT&T and the other side was on the Verizon Network: Almost completely the fault of the Verizon Network.

All dropped calls where I was on an iPhone through AT&T and the other side was on the Sprint Network: About 50% AT&T and 50% Sprint drops.
post #11 of 103
In Houston, this is the general rule of thumb on dropped calls in my experience. If a call drops and the other end doesn't hear a busy signal, they dropped it. If they get a busy signal, I dropped it. More often than not, it's them who dropped it.
post #12 of 103
I mostly get a good, fast connection here in Atlanta, but once every couple of weeks or so I get a dropped call. It usually happens in the afternoon and I get the feeling that it has something to do with the uptick in cell usage that happens towards the end of the work day.
post #13 of 103
Great charts, Verizon looks to have the best network.

FiOS is an excellent product too, so Verizon has it good wireless and wired.
post #14 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

Hard to believe AT&T has spent Billions of dollars and the service has gotten worse. Yes we know that the number of users has increased dramatically in the last year, but why hasn't AT&T worked to improve their service???? This is 2010, SHAME ON AT&T !!!! They'll be crying when they lose the EXCLUSIVITY of the IPHONE.
On the other side APPLES IPHONE needs tweaking also, which supposedly has been done on their next model. This remains to be seen and personally I don't believe it.

Many IPHONE users Don't even use their IPHONE as a phone. They strictly use it for internet purposes and Texting and carry another phone around with them. So why is the phone service so bad??? The problem is lack of DEFLECTERS and Towers in the big cities.

APPLE, PLEASE LISTEN.

So I guess the not in my backyard people who want better reception but no towers aren't to blame for slowing down the process. I also guess the city governments who take forever to approve a tower due to zoning issues, slow process or whatever aren't to blame either. Some cities have tower approvals behind a year or so. I wouldn't mind a cell tower in my backyard.
post #15 of 103
While the trend is interesting, I take the results with a grain of salt. There are so many variables that can go into influencing the results...

For example...

Where were the users located?
What type of phone were they using?
What software version were they running on their phone?
Can they confirm the call drop was AT&T and not the other party?
History of device issues?

This is pseudoscience at best, and is going on perception alone. If I am on AT&T talking to someone on Verizon and the call drops and both of us assume it was AT&T and not Verizon (which honestly is a likely situation given the flack AT&T has been taking), and there is no actual confirmation as to who actually dropped the call, you can't use that as hard data.

Some of the issues I sincerely believe are iPhone related. I use a Blackberry Bold 9700 for work through AT&T, and an iPhone for personal use. My Bold has literally never dropped a call, where as my iPhone can have it's moments where it struggles...which are almost always fixed with a hard reset. I personally have noticed a great improvement over the last year in the Minneapolis area. I had Verizon for 3 years before this and I honestly cannot reallydifferentiate between the two in this area, but granted that is a different story in some parts of the country. Just an observation.

P.S. To the person who used AT&T's stock to show they were an 'underachiever'...I know this can be a hard concept to understand, but investors don't rush the gates to buy your stock when you take on an exclusive device that is costing you $400 in subsidy alone per device sold. They also don't flock to you when you openly say that it will take 18-24 months per iPhone sold to turn a profit...they go to the company that is making the money up front (Apple in case you have not put that together yet).
post #16 of 103
I have problems with both AT&T voice and data.

With regards to dropped calls, sometimes it just fails immediately--before the other end even rings (or had a chance to). That proves to me it's an AT&T problem. Other times I'll be on a call and 3 minutes in AT&T butts in saying "The caller you are trying to reach is unavailable" and then terminates what had been a good call. (And this was to a landline, so again I know it's AT&T's problem.)

Data-wise, I see good throughput rates until the hours of 9-5, when they drop to dial-up modem speeds. It's quite observable that as soon as everyone leaves town at 5PM I can suddenly get my iPhone to connect to things again. AT&T's tower in Wilmington (DE) is simply overloaded, and has been for most of the time I've had my iPhone.

I keep reporting these problems using AT&T's "Mark The Spot" app, in the desperate hopes someone on the other end cares about the problem reports.
post #17 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

So I guess the not in my backyard people who want better reception but no towers aren't to blame for slowing down the process. I also guess the city governments who take forever to approve a tower due to zoning issues, slow process or whatever aren't to blame either. Some cities have tower approvals behind a year or so. I wouldn't mind a cell tower in my backyard.

Actually this is VERY true. I used to live in a neighborhood that got horrible reception with every carrier, but the city council blocked construction of a tower that AT&T and Verizon were going to share repeatedly, and to my knowledge the actual tower is up, but no cell equipment has been put up as it is still being blocked. Ironic that the same people going to city council meetings to protest the construction are many of the same people who have voiced distaste with the poor service options due to the coverage issue....you literally cannot win with people.

My brother lives a block from an AT&T tower that was up on a water tower. The city had them take the equipment down so they could repaint it. AT&T said the process should take two weeks (apparently that is what they were told). It has been 8 months, the tower has not been painted, and AT&T has even parked a truck with a cell tower sticking out of it next to the water tower. Still, doesnt seem to cut it really service wise.

These are just minor instances, but people don't often realize how much can go into providing coverage for a certain area - I know I didn't before seeing it first hand.
post #18 of 103
What is everyone's signal strength from Field Test Mode? Mine is -90 to -113 most of the time here in NJ with my 3g on. When 3g is off, I do not have this issue.

To show your Field Test signal strength on your Iphone desktop on the top left corner, do the following:

Call: *3001#12345#*

The Field Test screen appears. The top left corner shows signal strength. Hold sleep wake until "slide to power off" shows up. Let go of sleep wake and then hold down the home button. You will now show the actual signal strength instead of bars. You can switch back and forth, but you at least now you now why you may have a dropped call. -50 is perfect signal strength and -113 is no coverage, terrible signal strength. Signal stength is misleading with the Bars because I show 2-4 bars even when my signal strength is over -100.

See image below. Field Test Signal Strength at top right corner. -113 is what I am used to. Lousy Service

post #19 of 103
Does anyone know of a way to not pay the cancellation fee for a cell contract? I read from one of the forums in the WSJ that you can write a complaint to the FCC and then somehow be freed from your contract? Anyone have any magic way that they would like to share?
post #20 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mat0 View Post

What more evidence do you need? AT&T's network woes -- especially with the iPhone -- have been well documented over the years.
post #21 of 103
Good grief. Just the latest in a string of crummy pearls for at 'n' t.

But my real question is WTH is killing AAPL? Is anyone going to try to convince me the Greece crisis has anything to do with Apple's stock, other than the market has been artificially pumped up and the effect is now drying up?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #22 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by erybovic View Post

What is everyone's signal strength from Field Test Mode? Mine is -90 to -113 most of the time here in NJ with my 3g on. When 3g is off, I do not have this issue.

To show your Field Test signal strength on your Iphone desktop on the top left corner, do the following:

Call: *3001#12345#*

The Field Test screen appears. The top left corner shows signal strength. Hold sleep wake until "slide to power off" shows up. Let go of sleep wake and then hold down the home button. You will now show the actual signal strength instead of bars. You can switch back and forth, but you at least now you now why you may have a dropped call. -50 is perfect signal strength and -113 is no coverage, terrible signal strength. Signal stength is misleading with the Bars because I show 2-4 bars even when my signal strength is over -100.

You can also force quit the field test screen and then you simply just tap on the bars. It will switch to the radio signal strength and vice versa so you won't have to type in that code each time you want to see your strength. This is mine right now:

post #23 of 103
I agree that AT&T isn't as good as the rest but in my experience with verizon, they like to rape you on price. I had them for a long time and i got so frustrated that my bill was high and never the same. From month to month my bill would fluctuate and i was fed up.

If they get the iPhone, i think you will be shocked at what they will charge for data and texting. When they get their hands on the most prized phone in the US right now, there will be no stopping them. They will own your soul.

Also, i just don't see too power hungry companies that love control working well together. AT&T bent over for Apple and it saved their butt. Verizon won't do the same. They don't technically need Apple like AT&T did.
post #24 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

But my real question is WTH is killing AAPL? Is anyone going to try to convince me the Greece crisis has anything to do with Apple's stock, other than the market has been artificially pumped up and the effect is now drying up?

Is that a joke?

AAPL is up 100% in one year, and 25% in the last two months alone.
post #25 of 103
Ha! T-Mobile drops less than half as much as AT&T and is cheaper by at least $20 a month! For me, it's actually $30 a month cheaper, because I got grandfathered in For the record, I've had one dropped call during the last 2 years, though, so I guess either I'm lucky or T-Mobile has better reception than AT&T in Irvine and Fountain Valley. Sounds like a deal to my iPhone

Looks like Apple made a smart move dumping bad PR on AT&T, though. If they had tried building their own network, people would've been laughing or pointing fingers at Apple instead for excessive data usage. But of course, it's not the device that's actually consuming data, it's the users
post #26 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancass79 View Post

I agree that AT&T isn't as good as the rest but in my experience with verizon, they like to rape you on price. I had them for a long time and i got so frustrated that my bill was high and never the same. From month to month my bill would fluctuate and i was fed up.

If they get the iPhone, i think you will be shocked at what they will charge for data and texting. When they get their hands on the most prized phone in the US right now, there will be no stopping them. They will own your soul.

You mean like AT&T? If you price it out and max out the voice/data/text plans, they are exactly the same. The only difference is that they charge for visual voicemail.
post #27 of 103
My wife and I live in the Seattle area and my wife HATES her iPhone because of AT&T's horrible service. She has been counting down the days until this summer when our two year contract is over. As soon as it is, she is going back to Verizon and taking me along with her.

I honestly don't have a problem with that. All we will be losing is cell service. And since she doesn't count as what we have as cell service, she isn't feeling is losing anything other than maybe a disease she is glad to be rid of.

We will be keeping our iPhones but they will become iTouches as we will still be able to use our iPhones for everything else when we have wifi.

We do plan on getting an iPad. I want to get the 3G version because of the GPS chip in it. No we won't be getting a 3G contract. My big question is whether the GPS chips works, or works well enough without a 3G account. That I don't know and no website has yet been able to answer that for me. That will determine if I waisted my money on the GPS program that I bought for my 3G iPhone which doesn't really run fast enough to run the GPS software anyway. The iPad would though, if the GPS chip works without 3G service.

That's my two cents worth.
post #28 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by centerpunch View Post

Is that a joke?

AAPL is up 100% in one year, and 25% in the last two months alone.

But...but...the higher the price the better the company RIGHT??? How can Apple be going down when it is...like...the best company?
post #29 of 103
Not only is the service mediocre, it's also good lord expensivo!!!

Seriously, can't wait to see the iPhone on any carrier, then we'll let them all compete to eat!
post #30 of 103
It's GSM, when AT&T was a CDMA network I never had any dropped calls, when they sold out to Cingular and switched to GSM the calls started dropping. I left Cingular and went to Verizon. Verizon was fine and I didn't have many problems. Then when the iPhone came out I switched back to AT&T. I don't have as many problems now as I did when they first switched to GSM but it is not quite as good as Verizon was. Verizon will have a lot of problems when they start switching to a full digital network, CDMA is more of an analog signal and is not as prone to drops but will fade in and out. GSM is all digital and it is either all or nothing. Verizon will be switching soon to a all digital network and they will have the same kind of problems while they build the new digital system. AT&T is way ahead of Verizon on the digital front so when Verizon starts to switch it will be Verizon that will be having the switching over problems of dropped calls.
post #31 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabon View Post

We do plan on getting an iPad. I want to get the 3G version because of the GPS chip in it. No we won't be getting a 3G contract.

They don't have a contract. It's month to month.
post #32 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by erybovic View Post

Does anyone know of a way to not pay the cancellation fee for a cell contract? I read from one of the forums in the WSJ that you can write a complaint to the FCC and then somehow be freed from your contract? Anyone have any magic way that they would like to share?

Cancel your contract, pay the termination fee, then sell the iPhone for way more than the cancellation fee was.
post #33 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

...This is 2010, SHAME ON AT&T !!!! They'll be crying when they lose the EXCLUSIVITY of the IPHONE.

Maybe not. Maybe they'll be happy to have some of the burden lifted from their network. Personally, I hope that Verizon does get the iPhone. Arguments about whether Apple will invest in CDMA aside, it seems like a win-win situation for everyone. Apple will sell millions more iPhones and deal a serious blow to Android in the process, the strain on AT&T's network will ease, presumably giving those who stay on their network a better experience and all the Verizon holdouts will finally have their iPhones.

On a side note, I hardly ever drop calls except when I talk to my bro-in-law and only when he's driving home from work. So, despite the fact that our call gets dropped once every time we talk, I don't necessarily take that as a significant indicator of the quality of AT&T's network because there's obviously a factor on his route home that causes the problem.

Otherwise, I really can't complain about the network in my area as it has served me well during the past 16 months.
post #34 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilogic View Post

Not only is the service mediocre, it's also good lord expensivo!!!

The plan I had for my Blackberry Curve on Verizon before my iPhone was exactly the same price as my AT&T contract is now. Both providers charge $30/month for the data plan and the calling plan are pretty much the same as well.
post #35 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

But in March, The Wall Street Journal reported that Apple is currently working on a CDMA-capable iPhone

Do people actually still place any value in what they or their 'sources' have to say about a CDMA iPhone? Remember the Verizon iPad? The Verizon iPhone announcement at the iPad event? The CDMA iPhone rumors since like Christmas 2007?

I have a feeling if Apple makes one it will be at least 1 model behind whatever is available on GSM - for the sake of cost, and to encourage their partners who still carry an exclusive to continue providing a high subsidy on the device (for example AT&T paying an estimated $400 per iPhone in subsidy alone, not including compensation to Apple for new lines and upgrades). I also don't see Apple selling more than one carrier in their US stores anytime soon - they will stick with a "preferred" carrier for the sake of simplicity, and again to encourage the benefits they reap from having an exclusive partnership.

Also - it is very unlike Apple to have two of the same product with two sets of capabilities. With how much they have been advertising simultaneous voice and data lately, it seems like it would be back-peddling to have an iPhone that doesn't do everything the other does, even if it is on a carrier that gets better coverage. IF tethering ever does come stateside, it seems like it would not benefit as much being on CDMA since the phone could be a modem or a phone, not both simultaneously.

Maybe that is just me though. I for one would love for Verizon to get some version of the iPhone. I have enjoyed good service with AT&T and I would love to get even higher speeds with decreased network congestion. I will also really enjoy reading the forums when iPhones on Verizon aren't the second coming of Christ...then all the faithful who have held out that Verizon is the answer to all the iPhone woes will have no choice but to kill themselves because they will have nothing left to live for.
post #36 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

Maybe not. Maybe they'll be happy to have some of the burden lifted from their network. Personally, I hope that Verizon does get the iPhone. Arguments about whether Apple will invest in CDMA aside, it seems like a win-win situation for everyone. Apple will sell millions more iPhones and deal a serious blow to Android in the process, the strain on AT&T's network will ease, presumably giving those who stay on their network a better experience and all the Verizon holdouts will finally have their iPhones.

On a side note, I hardly ever drop calls except when I talk to my bro-in-law and only when he's driving home from work. So, despite the fact that our call gets dropped once every time we talk, I don't necessarily take that as a significant indicator of the quality of AT&T's network because there's obviously a factor on his route home that causes the problem.

Otherwise, I really can't complain about the network in my area as it has served me well during the past 16 months.

Well said, I doubt they will be crying really - they will leverage their 3G advantages (this does not include coverage :P), and I know they would really enjoy decreased network congestion and a break from the constant scrutiny of any iPhone related issues. Like I said in another post, I have a feeling AT&T will always be carrying the newest version of the phone, and that Apple will continue to sell only one "preferred" carrier in their stores. I honestly don't think AT&T would be hurting if they lost the exclusive - as long as they maintain a relationship as a preferred carrier - they could probably even get Apple to lower their prices on hardware to bleed a little less cash via subsidies.
post #37 of 103
I'm not going to lie. I was a huge verizon fan. But I really wanted the iPhone. I have not had one problem with AT&T. I guess it depends on where you live.

I don't have the internet at home so my work gave me a Verizon air card. This thing is so SLOW. So slow that I jailbroke my phone so I can tether using AT&T. The different in speed is night and day.
post #38 of 103
You mean AT&T's newer, gentler logo didn't solve it's shitty service problems? *Gasp*
post #39 of 103
I own a 32G 3GS on Vodafone here in the bankrupt and staring communism in the eye UK.

Prior to my iPhone, I owned all manner of phones, including the excellent Sony Ericsson K800i, the very usable Nokia E71 and one or two others inbetween. Until the iPhone, I benefitted from a good signal and call quality wherever I went, within reason.

Since the iPhone, I get dropped calls several times a day and don't even get a signal in areas (and on trains) where I did with my prior phones - on the very same Vodafone network. Further, before I got my iPhone (in Feb 2010), when i was on calls to colleagues with an iPhone, the calls would also be dropped. It was almost like being in the 1980s. "I'm on the tr... Phut!"

...whitenoise...

"Hello?"

Can we not conclude that whilst the iPhone has a stunning usable GUI, and the app store has obsoleted boredom for eternity, it isn't really a very good phone? Perhaps AT&T do have problems, and here, Vodafone (and the other carriers) may not be perfect, but how do those with none iPhones get along? How is your HTC Desire? Your Nokia 1100? Your Palm Pre? Etc?

Truth is, Apple should have partnered up with Motorola in the design of the iPhone because like SE and Nokia, Moto have over 20 years experience in the nightmare that is wireless technology.

Tags de jour: Multipath distortion, shielding etc
post #40 of 103
this data would be far more useful if the geographic location of each respondent was mapped to see where the calls were being dropped the most, as well as where customer satisfaction was the lowest.

nowhere in the original report does it mention where respondents were located.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AT&T customers claim most dropped calls, least satisfaction