or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Former labor secretary suggests FTC police banks rather than Apple

Former labor secretary suggests FTC police banks rather than Apple - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by strask View Post

It seems bizarre that the FTC would investigate Apple, whose only "monopoly" is with regard to the content on the products they invent and market, on behalf of a company, Adobe, who have an actual monopoly on the software used to develop certain kinds of internet content. Sadly, so few judges have a good understanding of how computer technology works and so are likely to make rulings based on misinformation and misunderstanding.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This matter is a long, long way from having any judges involved. My understanding of the procedure is that complaints filed with the FTC must result in some investigation and response. This means the staff lawyers have to look over the evidence and make a recommendation to the commission. I predict that the FTC will boot this complaint to kingdom come.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuchmee View Post

Reich is NOT the real subject at hand, and you have tried to derail the thread.

Also ill-informed is your notion that national health care of some sort is unconstitutional.

Excuse me, Wu. I was just being polite. If you don't know or understand the reasoning behind the idea that a mandatory national health care plan is unconstitutional, I invite you to do your own research.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

What developers says is that if it costs $70,000 to develop a app for most all platforms, it costs another $70,000 to recode it for Apple´s exclusive devices.

Crap apps can appear on either, a $100 brush doesn´t a artist make. A good artist can use any tool, the talent is in the hands, just that they are better with better tools.

This is not about quality, this is about the war on Flash. Because the process of abolishing Flash doesn´t improve the quality of crappy apps made according to Apple´s directions.

Apple should have never gotten into the App Store business and closed their devices, they should have made the devices open and restrict things in the iPhone OS instead.

There are nearly 200,000 crap apps on the App Store, only a small portion are made by Flash, so how is Steve going to attempt to improve the quality of those apps?

Love Steve, but I smell sh*t and it stinks.

I'm glad to see that someone is looking at all of the evidence somewhat objectively and trying to be rational. Every post I read on this thread seems to blame Flash for all of the world's evil's. No doubt you can make crappy apps that perform poorly... but that is absolutely true of lots of apps on Apple's store.

The notion that banning Flash is going to improve the quality of the apps is a sick joke.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Former labor secretary suggests FTC police banks rather than Apple