or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Unemployment Rises=Private Sector Recovering!

Unemployment Rises=Private Sector Recovering! - Page 2

post #41 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And what pray tell have you been reading?

You don't deny it!

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #42 of 54
Holy crap this bullshit just can't be piled up any HIGHER than it is now.

Why is Obama's entire financial staff bailing out? It turns out that tanking the entire economy into the crapper and bringing about a likely double-dip recession is incredibly exhausting.

This is just insane. This administration literally believes they can tell the public that down is up, or anything else and that they will buy it.

Quote:
The press secretary told The Hill on Friday that Romer and the rest of the economic team have worked the equivalent of six years during the 18 months theyve been in office, and Romer wanted to return to her normal life.

"These guys have probably packed a term and a half into a half of a term," Gibbs said.

Romer is the second member of the economic team to leave this summer. She follows Peter Orszag, director of the Office of Management and Budget.

Apparently time operates differently in the Obama administration.

Quote:
Romer was involved in the administrations planning of the $787 billion economic stimulus package. Ever since the legislation was approved by Congress, shes been at the forefront of the administrations effort to sell the product to the public.

Thats been difficult given the fact that the nations unemployment rate soared to 10 percent after the legislations approval. The administration had hoped the jobless rate would top off at 8 percent.

She's been at the forefront of selling Obama's stimulus plan and job numbers for what the administration estimates is 6 years worth of work and Obama is at 41% per Gallup.

I guess it just goes to show that even supposedly extraordinary efforts cannot sell a lie.

Quote:
She is the second major economics adviser to leave the administration after budget director Peter Orszags departure last month.

No need to have a budget director when the Congress isn't doing any budgeting.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #43 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Why is Obama's entire financial staff bailing out? It turns out that tanking the entire economy into the crapper and bringing about a likely double-dip recession is incredibly exhausting.

This is just insane. This administration literally believes they can tell the public that down is up, or anything else and that they will buy it.

I think some in the administration are beginning to see how stupid Obama is, particularly in reference to economy. This bullshit about throwing money at the problem just isn't working and Obama's demonization of the private sector is pissing people off. Obama's actually been worse for the United States than Osama bin Laden; even liberals are beginning to doubt dear leader....
post #44 of 54
Chicago and Atlanta sales reps report July trade show sales up 48.7% (!) from last year.
Shit and I thought last year was pretty good.

Yeah, baby.
Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, ..... catshing.$$$$
I'll be happy to pay more taxes. Thank you.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #45 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

Are Democrats the new purveyors of sadomachochism? News at 11:00!

post #46 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Are Democrats the new purveyors of sadomachochism? News at 11:00!

Ahh, the putrid smell of ignorance is in the air. yummy maybe I can use it as fertilizer.

Business is about $ flowing. No matter what direction it is flowing you gotta put yourself into the flow. Taxes are another form of rep fees. You pay a lot to your reps they'll get you a lot of business.

I do not expect you to understand this.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #47 of 54
Quote:

Ahh, the putrid smell of ignorance is in the air. yummy maybe I can use it as fertilizer.

Business is about $ flowing. No matter what direction it is flowing you gotta put yourself into the flow. Taxes are another form of rep fees. You pay a lot to your reps they'll get you a lot of business.

I do not expect you to understand this.

You're right. Most people don't understand producing nothing, being the middleman on everything and being overjoyed that the government distorts the market with mark ups in your favor.

Thank goodness they don't think that way because such actions are not sustainable.

post #48 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You're right. Most people don't understand producing nothing, being the middleman on everything and being overjoyed that the government distorts the market with mark ups in your favor.

Thank goodness they don't think that way because such actions are not sustainable.

Ahh, I have the ability to make $ of the gov like Halliburton and a few 100,000 other companies. I must be a terrible person. I should be against the gov instead so me and all these cos have less income. Beautiful logic.
BTW I produce a lot and several 1,000 stores sell my product and pay their employees and pay taxes and rent and ...... what are you doing?
I almost bet that you or someone you know owns something I produced. Thanks for supporting the government!
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #49 of 54
It doesn't matter whether myself or someone else owns something the government distorts. Given the size and scope of the current government, it is pretty much impossible not to do this. All of us likely use a corn product in some fashion. We use education which has a massive government distortion in it. Likewise well over half of all health care dollars are controlled by the government as well.

Also it doesn't matter how much you output if the government is the input. The market would have been more efficient and your own claimed wealth due to the government supports proves that very point.

Crony capitalism, which is what you claim to benefit from, isn't true capitalism.

post #50 of 54
Quote:

to your repeated claims that you will be happy to pay more taxes, I've asked whether or not you are paying as much in taxes right now as you could. I've asked whether or not you're taking any tax deductions and, if so, why? I've also asked if you are taking various "write-offs" in you business and, if so, why? To add to these questions I should ask whether you have organized you business in the way that reduces the taxes you must pay or not? If not, why not?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #51 of 54
If we believe the president and the democrats that the private sector is recovering, as they have repeatedly said, then why do they need yet another bailout, as was done today for special interest teacher unions and police unions, for $26 billion in state aid? Either the president and the democrats are lying about the recovery or they are lying about private sector aid.

Quote:

Business is about $ flowing.

You demonstrate quite frequently you have no idea how the corporate world works. Yet you seemingly know all the Democrat's talking points on pro taxation. I think from this was can safely gauge your position here! If taxes were fairly assessed individuals and businesses would be more proactive in paying them. The fact, however, that taxes are unfairly assessed on the most productive of society and that taxes are punitive on small business growth explains why we need less not more federal taxation. btw... nobody believes you operate anything; you've clearly shown you lack business savvy here...
post #52 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

to your repeated claims that you will be happy to pay more taxes, I've asked whether or not you are paying as much in taxes right now as you could. I've asked whether or not you're taking any tax deductions and, if so, why? I've also asked if you are taking various "write-offs" in you business and, if so, why? To add to these questions I should ask whether you have organized you business in the way that reduces the taxes you must pay or not? If not, why not?

I deduct my penis.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #53 of 54
Quote:

I deduct my penis.

So you're simply going to evade the question?

post #54 of 54
Look...Fed's now buying more of our own debt! A bit like stealing your own credit cards!!!

Fed Looks to Spur Growth by Buying Government Debt
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...reasuries.html

Quote:

I deduct my penis.

Negative deductions are typically disallowed!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Unemployment Rises=Private Sector Recovering!